Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:46:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The real reason your altcoins are currently going down (important)  (Read 728 times)
ccarew (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:48:04 AM

Trying to give some perspective on the current state of the altcoin marketplace. I feel like it's important that people read this and listen to this, and even inspect buy/sell orders to verify what I am saying. If we stand together to prevent this from happening and selling at deflated prices, the market can recover.

Whales (super rich people) are taking advantage of news events and FUD to bring the price down, making it look like it is in response to these events when in reality, and on inspection of buy/sell orders it is clear manipulation.

.Whales (super rich people) are taking advantage of altcoins that are on single marketplaces (Think PRL, DBC, ELIXIR). They are doing this through the use of Sell and Buy walls.

.A sell wall is when one of these whales dumps thousands of altcoins to be sold at a below market price. They have no intention of actually selling all their coins at this price whatsoever, what it actually means is that if anybody on that marketplace wants to sell their coins for whatever reason (FUD, happy with their profit, price going down) they will have to reduce their sell price to below that of the whale, otherwise everyone that wants to buy some of the altcoin will just buy from the whales seemingly endless supply. This brings the price down significantly, sending off a number of signals (people begin to think their coin is crashing so panic sell, people begin to buy into the FUD surrounding tiny news story's such as S.korea "banning" cryptocurrencys) leading to a downward spiral of the price getting lower and lower. At this point the whales work is done (and they can lift their sell wall if they so wish to)

.At the same time as creating these Sell Walls... the whale will also create a buy wall at a cheaper price than their already reduced sell wall. This means that all the coins that are being sold at the price needed to get past the sell wall, will be going to that same whale and they are getting a load of coins super cheap.

This cycle just continues repeatedly, allowing the rich of the crypto world to get richer, and the poorer to loose out more. It is essential that you do not fall into this trap, and sell when there are massive manipulations of the market. The fact that these sell and buy walls exist proove that the big time investers are confident in these coins, as they are buying as many as they can and that the price will go up. If you are selling your coins now at a fear of making a loss you WILL loose out. We can all stop this from happening by HODL and not falling victim to these walls.

I appreciate I may not have explained this greatly so will go through an example.

1. Price of PRL (for sake of argument) is $1
2. Whale sees random piece of news that could affect crypto market and create FUD. Uses this to artificially reduce price of PRL
3. Whale creates massive sell order of PRL at $0.9 - This brings down average price on exchange. people start to panic and believe that PRL is crashing. Perhaps due to this minor bit of news that the whale has manipulated
4. People get scared, and want to sell their coins. However the only way to sell their coins is to sell at a price cheaper than $0.9. This brings down the price further and further as more and more people get scared into selling
5. The Whale, that has no intention of giving up on PRL, buys all the coins at the deflated price (with a buy wall cheaper than the massive sell wall they've created) thus increasing their portfolio through manipulating others into panic selling. This is what is happening currently, and you need to resist it. I know it's hard when you see your coins going down, but they will go back up (unless you have complete shitcoin). Just HODL

TL/DR = Price manipulation, especially for single market coins (mainly those on Kucoin). HODL
mautenisis

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:03:14 AM

Yes this is a fact,but you are have you forgotten the financial institutions like wallstreet and CMEs? they are the ones who are controlling most of the exchanges not only whales,for them these whales are just planktons.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
Fileiro

Activity: 134

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:20:45 AM

Super explanation, hopefully at least some newbies stop chasing the price down by panick-selling.

This is a BULL MARKET!!! Stop wetting your diaper every time the big boys shake the tree a little bit!

(Not directed at the OP, just a caring reminder to all the new money entering crypto these days..)
Rkoshay

Activity: 96
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:21:27 AM

I am by no means any sort of expert on anything financial, let alone crypto currency, but having said that I think it's obvious that where was a a tremendous surge in a large number of coins and tokens in December/January, one that in large part was driven by this world becoming known by the larger world.  

With the prices having shot up so fast in such a short period of time it seems only natural that a large number of people would want to take some of their profits especially considering how volatile this marketplace is.  Once that decline starts the FUD factor appears and people have an incentive to take whatever gains they've made rather than risking not only losing their gains but possibly falling into a negative position.  

I think in the long run the coins and tokens that have a real world use, that gain traction because of that, as well as holding to the credo of crypto which  as I understand is decentralization rather than concentration,  will have a sustained growth and one that might be not so chaotic, not sure about that but those are definitely the ones I'm looking for to put in my long term portfolio.
ismart1

Activity: 1008
Merit: 127

Make a difference, make it better.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:36:35 AM

For a newbie you gave a fair explanation and very thoughtful as well. I have been in the market of crypto for not so long, but I have witnessed a lot of this market manipulation and fud where unfortunately not so wise people have gone into panic and lost a lot of money. I have seen my wallet go down 40% in a single day and a week later it's valued grow more than 80% altogether. I did not panic, I actually was dying because I did not have money to buy more at discount. The problem is that the whales are savvy investors and the common folk get easily manipulated, the whale are rich because they don´t think like normal people and unless we train ourselves to think of the market as a tool and don´t bring emotions to it, the whales will keep doing what they are good at, manipulate weak minds and emotions and profit from it.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:42:21 AM

Ah, the myth of the whales.  You know, it could also just be panic selling by the uninformed masses.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
nambunamba

Activity: 378

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:48:12 AM

Ah, the myth of the whales.  You know, it could also just be panic selling by the uninformed masses.
yes i just believe that there is so much people are panic with the market correction that makes people afraid investing in altcoin.  crashing isnt something new. i think people panic too much  cause soon it will get pumping up and recover soon.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
ericunc95

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:52:09 AM

A very good and thorough writeup about how whales can influence the market price.  Thanks for throwing this together for others to read.
Genovese

Activity: 284
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:55:44 AM

This is a really good and important explanation you have done. I already knew that, but everybody should know. This message should be pinned so that everybody in our community understand how certain things work.

auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:10:52 AM

I am sad when opening the blockfolio and see all my assets are red. I am confused, whatever causes this decline. What should I do, hold, sell or buy back?
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1448

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:14:51 AM

@ccarew. There is also a good possibility that the altcoin you are holding with great care is a scam. Check this site https://coinmarketcap.com/. More than 90% is those cryptocoins listed there have no real use in the real world. Their value and price is realized only by the buying and selling in the market with no fundamentals.

In any case, like what you said. Whales pump them and then dump them.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:24:40 AM

Great explanation, this market is controlled by whales and we plankton have to be along for the ride and estimate their moves on when to hodl and sell. This is all unregulated and so easy to manipulate so we have to stay on our toes to keep up, hopefully someday more of us move up the ranks and open the market up to help the new guys more rather than just have it be controlled by whales. Having a distributed supply is so important to this.
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:28:03 AM

It's no myth. All you have to do is look at the order book and see that someone is selling $1,000,000,000 worth of a token at 1 price. If you look you can see how many orders there are at a particular price . Then you know for a fact that it is one individual order.

Sometimes it may be a scaled order of the same magnitude. Each offer of 45,000 tokens 5 cents difference between a handful of orders that are all for the same large amount.

But it is definitely panic selling by the masses or all the rookie traders out there trying to "trend" trade.

I just scoop up all the deals and laugh all the way to the bank on the next bull run.

Sell me your tokens cheap !

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

Ayamj

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:58:43 AM

yes this is very true and is the real fact people panick alot and whales are taking advantage of that , this is becoming a survival of the fittest game and tge rich are getting richer, the problem is people wants to buy lambo in just a week of trading come on
BitCaptcha

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:16:59 AM

Anyone wanna go whaling? Who's got a boat
amarpk

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:28:59 AM

this is what i want to say others
do not listen rumors seriously.
market crash = good time to buy
Karto

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:33:10 AM

what is your point?
i dont see something new in crypto behavior
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:08:16 AM

I really like your explanation. I already knew that through some altcoin trading. I stand no chance against them. All i can do is just follow and estimate their moves and strategy. But sometimes the price can be dumped because of it's scam project like credence.

I agree with your conclusion : just HODL  Grin
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:09:43 AM

This is just another common thing in cryptocurrency market,there are more greedy people here than in other markets like forex and stockexchange,cryptocurrencies are easier to manipulate.

hah

Activity: 183

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:12:17 AM

Lots of pump and dump nothing new in the crypto space, but if the coin is worth its $$$ then this is a great buying opportunity.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: