Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:58:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rx580 8gb not giving more than 17 MH/s  (Read 263 times)
nagendra_lv (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:46:51 AM

Hi All,
I have recently bought two Rx580 series GPU:

1) Sapphire Rx580 Nitro Gaming Series 8 GB (https://imgur.com/a/pLS31)
2) MSI Rx580 8XX Gaming 8 GB (https://imgur.com/a/duezm)

Now for my primary PCI port in my mobo I have R7 260X - 2 GB, I use this to connect to my monitor so that I dont see a lag while watching movies or so.
The other two GPUs (1,2) are installed in MOBO via PCI riser cards.

The AMD settings shows this:

https://imgur.com/a/vJkoU

https://imgur.com/a/2n2nk

https://imgur.com/a/F2l2W

The Claymore window shows : https://imgur.com/a/UuOm8

My start.bat is as follows:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-asia1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal *************.Rx580_2/****************@gmail.com -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10 -di 12 -tt 80 -fanmin 90

Thus disabling the 2gb GPU and enabling the other two new GPUs.

But I can only get : 17 MH/S max https://imgur.com/a/fxNqY

I have even tried modifying the bios of the new GPUs, but the hashrate increased to only 20 MH/s. But sometimes when starting the claymore the GPUs were  crashing hence changed the bios to stock ones and now I get max 17MH/s per card.

I have even tried with the new AMD block chain driver, but the claymore shuts down without any error message after these lines:
06:33:19:774   124c   ETH: 5 pools are specified
06:33:19:790   124c   Main Ethereum pool is eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999
06:33:22:345   124c   OpenCL platform: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
06:33:22:345   124c   OpenCL initializing...

06:33:22:345   124c   AMD Cards available: 3
06:33:22:345   124c   GPU #0: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
06:33:22:345   124c   GPU #0 recognized as Radeon RX 480/580
06:33:22:345   124c   GPU #1: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
06:33:22:345   124c   GPU #1 recognized as Radeon RX 480/580
06:33:22:361   124c   POOL/SOLO version

I always use DDU for uninstalling the drivers, so no issues there, I have looked at almost all the posts, and tried everthing, but the stock hashrate seems pretty low.

Is this normal? Can you please suggest how to atleast get 24 or 25 MH/s per card?

stefanlyl

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:52:22 AM

I just dealt with the same issue! However i have mined in the past so i knew it had to be a driver issue and i kept trying different drivers till i found a solution. I am running windows 7, the robinhood drivers worked like a charm for me... 18 mh/s to 29 mh/s. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2068446.0
nagendra_lv (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:00:58 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 03:14:52 AM by nagendra_lv

The files downloaded cannot be extracted. While extracting it says files are corrupt. Ok, So i read through the post and got another link to download it, now atleast it gives 22 MH/s on both.
iqbalazmi

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:13:37 AM

What driver do you use?
Use this driver = Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain
nagendra_lv (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:17:39 AM

If I use the block chain driver which AMD provides then the Claymore wont even start, please check my first post the claymore refuses to start without any error message.
duydien

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:24:58 AM

I have just ordered RX470 Radeon for mining. Which the best software I should use? Claymore? CCminer? Or something else?
Kind regards.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
stefanlyl

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:28:09 AM

The files downloaded cannot be extracted. While extracting it says files are corrupt. Ok, So i read through the post and got another link to download it, now atleast it gives 22 MH/s on both.

You now need to mod the bios, that 22 is stock. Re-flash your cards and you'll be good to go!
nagendra_lv (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:56:02 PM

I have just ordered RX470 Radeon for mining. Which the best software I should use? Claymore? CCminer? Or something else?
Kind regards.

Use claymore, it has options to set fan speed, temp, which gpu's to use etc. These options help when you want to setup the autostart of the batch file as soon as window starts. I have configured my pc to auto bootup after a power outage, so it helps me.
nagendra_lv (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:12:14 PM

Kind regards.

Use claymore, it has options to set fan speed, temp, which gpu's to use etc. These options help when you want to setup the autostart of the batch file as soon as window starts. I have configured my pc to auto bootup after a power outage, so it helps me.

So to install the custom driver, shared by RobinHood in the link you shared, I had to install driver crimson 17.4.3 , then goto device manager and right click the RX580s and update the driver. If I try to install the AMD block chain driver and then upgrade the driver from device manager to the custom driver by Robinhood, it says “The best driver software is already installed".

and also Claymore 10.0v crashes without any error message. (Even tried with 10.3V)
mshordja

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:56:14 PM

Kind regards.

So to install the custom driver, shared by RobinHood in the link you shared, I had to install driver crimson 17.4.3 , then goto device manager and right click the RX580s and update the driver. If I try to install the AMD block chain driver and then upgrade the driver from device manager to the custom driver by Robinhood, it says “The best driver software is already installed".

and also Claymore 10.0v crashes without any error message. (Even tried with 10.3V)
In my opinion you have to do everything from scratch,
-install a fresh clean windows,
-and than install the ATI block chain driver,
-find the stock bios and flash it back,
-than use Claymore to check if the cards are ok,
-normally you have mire in stock with 22-24, after find mod the bios, if you have only 580 you need only to mod, but if you have any 570 you need to use also the pach, remember to increase the virtual memory to 16GB.
And that's all.

stefanlyl

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:05:46 AM

Kind regards.

This is what you need to do....

Run DDU ( https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=976 ) clean all the drivers off your pc...

DONT INSTALL ANY OTHER DRIVERS

Flash your modded bios to your cards

Then follow the guide to install the robinhood drivers i previously posted ( Make sure you run the patcher before you restart after installing the drivers ) Also note that once you install the driver manually on one card the rest of the cards should be good to go as well....

Worked like a charm for me in Windows 7
duydien

Activity: 161

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:16:52 AM

Kind regards.

In my opinion you have to do everything from scratch,
-install a fresh clean windows,
-and than install the ATI block chain driver,
-find the stock bios and flash it back,
-than use Claymore to check if the cards are ok,
-normally you have mire in stock with 22-24, after find mod the bios, if you have only 580 you need only to mod, but if you have any 570 you need to use also the pach, remember to increase the virtual memory to 16GB.
And that's all.
Thank you guys, I really appreciate all your helps, very dedicated guidelines. Hope my 6 cards RX470 works well.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: