Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:54:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinPayments.net - Unbiased Unified Money Solution - Multi Payment Procesing  (Read 48526 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
pr0d1gy (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:54:00 AM

We try to give coins a very generous time to get some transactions, OBS and YAC were added long before any of our recent votes. Our removal of a coin does not mean we like or dislike the coin. If it can't pull some of its weight, we try to give new coins a trial run at it. Also we do not collect proceeds or fees on the votes, they all go to BitGive Water Fund.

Don't misconstrue my point of view... at this point, I personally don't have an issue with using btc for votes, whether it goes to a charity or not. Like you said, YAC was voted on without BTC, so I feel can't really complain. But I would complain if it was voted on with BTC, and you decided to take it down without being transparent on the requirements to leave it up. I know YAC was an extreme case of 0 transactions, but it would be good to know in the future. I hope that makes sense.

On a side note, I think gift cards for crypto is awesome. Is there a chance CoinPayments could be used on gyft.com or egifter.com?

Thanks for all that you do.

I have contacted gyft, but they said they are in a contract with bitpay... Which I understand, but only for btc, why not other coins? lol

As far as egifter. never knew they accepted btc. Maybe if enough people ask for us, who knows.

Its usually because one of the sides dont want alts. Bitpay probably only wants to deal in btc so egift doesnt want to hold the bag alone. Similar to my auction site I have seperate bid packages for only btc auctions becausethe vendors to those items being auctioned off will only take btc. I accept ltc too because it had a big orderbook but until the alts have sustainable depth no business will risk even more volaility already inherent with dealing in btc

For othe auctions i accept dvc which had low book depth but these are funded via devcoin monthly so there is no volatility issue here.

Randomly looked at egifter today, they actually accept LTC and DOGE

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notabot

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:16:27 AM

We never got paid to list ORB. We use public votes, not bribes.

ORB was one of 14 coins you selected for the public beta before any public votes started. I admit Red Mist has failed to deliver what he has promised, but the community is still there helping to make something good. Give it a couple more months and remove if it doesn't work out.

I'll provide a 5% discount for payment in ORB at Amazonia Imports http://btcpipeshop.com/ for the next month if that helps. The discount is configured within coinpayments 'coin acceptance settings' so the price you see is the discounted price.

ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 09:26:17 AM

I'll provide a 5% discount for payment in ORB at Amazonia Imports http://btcpipeshop.com/ for the next month if that helps. The discount is configured within coinpayments 'coin acceptance settings' so the price you see is the discounted price.

Thanks, advertised in the ORB forum.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:23:56 AM

pr0d1gy, Is it possible to set a total item quantity for buy it now buttons so people can't order an item that's out of stock.
neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:24:16 AM

I'm sad that Myriadcoin still isn't added. Even Andreas Antonopolous thinks it's fascinating!
Sad

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
notabot

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:20:45 AM

pr0d1gy, Is it possible to set a total item quantity for buy it now buttons so people can't order an item that's out of stock.

You need to use a 'store' package that has a backend allowing you to enter inventory. Coinpayments has several modules at https://www.coinpayments.net/merchant-tools-plugins that you insert into the web store solution of your choice to enable a smooth check out. They also have currency modules that you can plug into some of these store packages to display prices in crypto too.

I'm using Open Cart and there was a module (from Open Cart) that grayed out 'out of stock' items so they couldn't be purchased, and I now have a drop down menu to display prices in the crypto of your choice.

MrData

Activity: 290

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 05:16:04 PM

I can add a 'max_quantity' field to the button, but you would have keep up with your inventory and set the value yourself (ie. we wouldn't be automatically subtracting the 'max_quantity' automatically on our end.)

I'm sad that Myriadcoin still isn't added. Even Andreas Antonopolous thinks it's fascinating!
Sad

Make sure you vote during the next public vote Smiley
MYR only got 3 votes last time.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
Dacm4n

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:33:13 PM

I can add a 'max_quantity' field to the button, but you would have keep up with your inventory and set the value yourself (ie. we wouldn't be automatically subtracting the 'max_quantity' automatically on our end.)

Sad

Make sure you vote during the next public vote Smiley
MYR only got 3 votes last time.

Yea something simple like that would be great. But about the last part so If I inputed a max of 10 available, and I get 10 invoices generated for that item the code wouldn't prevent any more orders?
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 09:23:59 PM

Yea something simple like that would be great. But about the last part so If I inputed a max of 10 available, and I get 10 invoices generated for that item the code wouldn't prevent any more orders?

Right, we wouldn't actually keep up with your inventory; you would still have to do that on your end. (ie. store the quantity in your database and have your IPN handler lower lower the number of items in stock.)

The code is active now and would look like this in your buttons:
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="max_quantity" value="999">

Dacm4n

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:59:46 PM

Right, we wouldn't actually keep up with your inventory; you would still have to do that on your end. (ie. store the quantity in your database and have your IPN handler lower lower the number of items in stock.)

The code is active now and would look like this in your buttons:
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="max_quantity" value="999">

Okay thanks.
Dacm4n

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:00:48 PM

You need to use a 'store' package that has a backend allowing you to enter inventory. Coinpayments has several modules at https://www.coinpayments.net/merchant-tools-plugins that you insert into the web store solution of your choice to enable a smooth check out. They also have currency modules that you can plug into some of these store packages to display prices in crypto too.

I'm using Open Cart and there was a module (from Open Cart) that grayed out 'out of stock' items so they couldn't be purchased, and I now have a drop down menu to display prices in the crypto of your choice.
Will this still work if i'm using blogger as a base for the store.
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 07:16:40 PM

If you are using raw HTML buttons it will work no matter what you are using.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:30:13 PM

I am using coinpayments for my site devcoinauctions.com.. If I choose to add a paypal button for checkout and it directs the user to the coinpayments paypal payment option will it call the same IPN handler with the same data format including custom data fields? In other words do you interpret the paypal IPN and hand it back to the user (me) the same way as the coin payments are done? That way I dont have to have a seperate IPN for handling paypal transactions.
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:36:38 PM

Yes, with PayPal Passthru you will receive IPNs in the same format as with cryptocurrency transactions so you only need the 1 IPN handler.

bingoberra

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:25:43 PM

Shutdown message is still published: https://www.coinpayments.net/help-shutdown
If Coinpayments isn't actually shutting down, might be prudent to remove it?
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 02:33:55 PM

It's gone now Smiley

Amanda Desimone

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:16:21 PM

It's a pity that had expired
 Cry Sad Sad
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:55:54 PM

True, mates :/
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 04:08:55 PM

I just meant the page is gone lol.
CoinPayments is continuing on, it will just be under new management pretty soon.

pr0d1gy (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:00:37 AM

True, mates :/
It's a pity that had expired
 Cry Sad Sad

No worries, it will be under new management very soon. Don't think its going anywhere anytime soon. Smiley

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: