Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:24:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Countries' Strict regulation and Ban will kill Cryptocurrencies?  (Read 513 times)
Dxdiax26

Activity: 267
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:02:06 PM

I think cryptocurrency is very strong The other countries can not influence. but these countries can ban their use in their respective countries and this will affect the stability of cryptocurrency may be altcoin could fall but if Bitcoin I think still have a long future because Bitcoin is too strong to be rolled.but it could be so if all european and asia countries prohibit cryptocurrency in their respective states then cryptocurrency will die i think.
kristensoto

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:08:32 PM

even in banned bitcoin countries, there are still investors willing to use cryptocurrencies as long as that curreny is secure and anonymous through years, however these regulations should not effect bitcoin community because bitcoin is growing strong and more and more people even governments want to own bitcoin because of its value so may be in the future bitcoin will be legalized all over the world.

panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:18:08 PM

you can buy a ticket and flight another country which is not ban cyrpto and then take your money from there if you are gaining.
Ban is not a matter for cryptos.

wow, isn't that will make another problem to? I mean if you go back to your country in cash (I assume it's a big cash around 6-7 figures) why will you say about your said cash-out? "oh it's from cryptocurrencies sir" and gets immediately get sent to police?
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:21:17 PM

no it won't kill them and it shouldn't kill them.
worst case scenario these kinds of bans will kill the heavily centralized coins that have banks invested in them. coins such as Ripple and Ethereum will take a big hit because those banks have to pull out since it will become illegal for them to have any investment in these coins.
but people will continue investing in anything they like specially when there are a lot of decentralized platforms available for them.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
blockchainmarketus (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:34:34 PM

I think it is the time of real war between cryptocommunity and banking industry. This is not governtment who against the crypto but banks. Banks always close together with government for the first time a country was build. They have taken too much bread. it is time for people to take the bread. Banks are fear of cryptos because if 1/4 customers withdraw the money  and save in bitcoin, all banks will colapse.
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:48:52 AM

I am worry about new regulation some countries. The good news is only from Japan. China, Indonesia, USA and metropolitan banks that halted service for wire transfer with discontinue VISA. What do you think?
You forgot about Belarus Grin There will be no any fees up to 2020 year, including mining,trading,etc.
Nobody can ban crypto. If countries restrict crypto - a lot of black markets will appear.

Lingqingyi

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:50:08 AM

If a few countries regulate bitcoin at the same time, then I think the cryptocurrency market will be in a bear market, because the rally has been going up for a long time.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
blockchainmarketus (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:32:07 PM

I am worry about new regulation some countries. The good news is only from Japan. China, Indonesia, USA and metropolitan banks that halted service for wire transfer with discontinue VISA. What do you think?
You forgot about Belarus Grin There will be no any fees up to 2020 year, including mining,trading,etc.
Nobody can ban crypto. If countries restrict crypto - a lot of black markets will appear.
I think there will be. Black markets will make countries lost by applying tax. if countries work together with crypto developers I think they will get a lot of benefit, The illegal activities can be minimize too.
Eclipse2021

Activity: 209
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:42:45 PM

Well this cannot be good times for bitcoin and that's because most of us joined bitcoin or blockchain because it cannot be controled by anyone. Now , here we are in 2018 and they are starting to regulate it in country after country , some of them banned bitcoin ...so yea ...a storm is coming and we don't know what to do.

DATABLOC  • protecting the world’s data •   ✔Reserve your stone token TODAY!  ✔
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn | Telegram | Reddit

Toucanoe

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:30:26 PM

if bans or ever simple regulations leads to killing of any cryptocurrency then we should stop using them right now and right away without losing any time because we are wasting our time on those.

the start of cryptocurrencies with bitcoin was mainly for the purpose of creating a decentralized payment system which can remain censorship-resistant. and that means any ban or regulation should not affect said cryptocurrencies. and if it does then something seriously is wrong with them.

as you can see the "real bans" of bitcoin has never affected bitcoin at all. people in those countries (which i bet 99% of people don't even know these countries) are still using bitcoin.
the "fake bans" like the China, Korea, Russia,... bans are causing drops because they are FUD.

Totally agree with you. It is a matter of preference right whether you will be hard enough to face the consequences. Nothing is sure in this kind of business no one knows how the market would go.
lucie367

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:38:33 PM

It could do, but it would have to be a consensus, having just one or two won' kill crypto.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:44:16 PM

I don't think that cryptocurrencies are going to disappear. Because lots of countries have companies who did an ICO.
They are going to lose a lot of money and also workforces as thoses companies or people may have to move to another country.
Their only solution may be an international ban to kill it. But there is little chance that it works i think.
They can have a strict regulation by demanding each Exchanges to give them the details of each person having an account. They only need
Exchanges who can trade fiat to know them. But there may be black markets too.
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

China and South Korea plans to further regulate encryption monetary news led to the recent general encryption currency markets fell, I think it won't let the BTC towards death, but the altcoin death is very likely.

If I may chime in with my limited knowledge, I would state that nothing stays in limbo for long. There are two pathways we have front of us: Either more and more countries will succeed in banning cryptos for good, which will mean that especially the altcoin market will die.

Why would altcoins be more likely to die than Bitcoin? Wouldn't Bitcoin, as the most popular coin, be the main target of bans? And wouldn't there be altcoins that are able to withstand regulation and bans?

sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 03:53:50 PM

China and South Korea plans to further regulate encryption monetary news led to the recent general encryption currency markets fell, I think it won't let the BTC towards death, but the altcoin death is very likely.

If I may chime in with my limited knowledge, I would state that nothing stays in limbo for long. There are two pathways we have front of us: Either more and more countries will succeed in banning cryptos for good, which will mean that especially the altcoin market will die.

Why would altcoins be more likely to die than Bitcoin? Wouldn't Bitcoin, as the most popular coin, be the main target of bans? And wouldn't there be altcoins that are able to withstand regulation and bans?

This is what I was thinking as well. Why not ban btc instead of some no name coins no one cares about?
Aongocrypt

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:03:14 PM

I wonder if futures trading have anything to do with this?  Goldman Sachs will benefit on it going either way ...
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:26:40 PM

The bad news from governments all over the world will definitely impact Bitcoin price.  I expect to see more countries coming up with such bad news. The good news is Bitcoin always recover after each events.
goodrus69

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:38:33 PM

Cryptocurrency already a reality. The whole process is not likely to be able to stop. Many countries try to prohibit and to push back their progress. Bitcoin will recover and go to new heights. Everything will be fine!
luckylauncher

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:56:43 PM

Well, i hope regulation come to make Cryptocurrency has best quality in the market. Regulations will go, but People more smarter than regulation.
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:58:29 PM

I've already talked about the legalization and prohibition of crypto currency, but I would like to add about the tax if they simply introduced an ordinary tax, such as a tax on the acquisition of things, because the crypto currency can still be considered a thing, even if at least 5% do not mind
spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:12:58 AM

this is biggest and most real threat to cryptocurrencies.
we will see such moves in 2018 for sure.
I do not think that way. It's true about the ban and closure of bitcoin mines, but I think it only affects the market price for a while. then the bitcoin market price will rise again, because it is not possible to ban the use of bitcoin worldwide, while there are still countries that allow it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: