Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:33:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes you trust a crypto project?  (Read 373 times)
Santri

Activity: 1092
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 01:31:38 PM

everyone has a different way of making their choices including me, first I will do is look at the team that is in it, once sure the team can I believe then I see the concept and read whitepaper and road map, I never discuss in determining the project that I will follow, because after reading everything I can decide, I always follow my heart if I like to go forward but if not then I back away, I hope everything can be successful in their own way

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Antiqua

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:03:06 PM

i just follow the big traders
when they invest their money in a project, that mean they can be sure enaough to do that
and i just follow them
sometimes i just invest in an ICO, but when it reach 90%  Grin

DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:38:48 AM

Is there something that makes you trust (or at least to take a leap of faith on) a project before the ICO stage (not a Pre-ICO for the big whales), before you can see the pics of a team and rush through few pages of the WhitePaper/brief or take a peek at the future RoadMap. Meaning would you do anything before you can see the value of the project/token/something else. No investments or heavy work, just spread the word and maybe leave your email for the team.

Would you trust a project if it was featured in an article on some site you trust or would the simple advertisement on the same trustworthy site work for you? Would you rather trust the project that promises fantastic turnout which in real life is pretty hard to execute (a Lamborghini Diablo or an iPhone XXX to every early adopter) or the one that might downplay its worth but might have a real effect on some of the problems you or the world face everyday? Would you trust a professionally looking website with lots of texts or graphical landings with easily comprehensible sequencing? etc. All in all what makes you tick regarding new and unknown projects (or rather if you would even participate in such a project before an ICO).

I guess it is more of a psychological question still it would be interesting to see the answers from the community as most of the projects/startups nowadays are linked with the ICO and crypro world.

I never trust good or bad reviews on the Internet about the project. I always prefer to analyze the suitability of the idea and the possibility of its implementation by the team.
borulce

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:51:59 AM

Coins telling that their first priority is developing platform and wallet are my best. Other lame coins keep suggesting they are gonna moon, they have partners etc. I try to avoid this kind of coins.
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:18:41 AM
Merited by AltcoinsBattle (1)

Projects that were not announced on this forum pass by my attention)
First, what they offer. What task they solve and how.
Secondly, the general view of the site and the team.
Thirdly, on this forum research on the announcement, bounty, opinions of people and teams (like Amazix).

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:37:10 PM

research is the only thing i do for trusting crypto projects. i just read their white paper and analize their goals then eventually i evaluate if their project is worth it. experience, time and effort is needed in determining wether you will trust a project.
charlystriker

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:53:02 AM

research is the only thing i do for trusting crypto projects. i just read their white paper and analize their goals then eventually i evaluate if their project is worth it. experience, time and effort is needed in determining wether you will trust a project.
I agree on that,I do research in order for me to trust a crypto projects.Mostly i look into the project thread,Team Composition, read also the whitepaper, and consider the community or media. Like for example,looking in the project community.It is crucial to have a wide open supporting community like a public Slack for all investors. Openness is as crucial in gaining our trust to a crypto project.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: