Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:28:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra TerraMiner Prices Released (updated)  (Read 10230 times)
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:07:28 PM

http://order.cointerra.com/

Who wants to buy my place in the preorder line ?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:18:25 PM

The announcement went out to the mailing list. Same info as discussed earlier in regards to price/speed.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:30:28 PM

http://order.cointerra.com/

Who wants to buy my place in the preorder line ?

nobody
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 11:37:50 PM

I think they made a typo on the price.  If not i fell out my chair laughing and pointing for nothing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:41:53 PM

I think they made a typo on the price.  If not i fell out my chair laughing and pointing for nothing.

I also fell and died laughing haha. Fucking failures
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:44:40 PM

No mistake except the price is in RMB and they put up US$ by mistake.   Honest mistake likely because someone was setting the price based on costs and their costs were mostly in RMB too.

NiteShdw

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:49:03 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 12:00:20 AM by NiteShdw

This is disappointing, I have been holding out specifically for CoinTerra.

I ran an ROI calculator, and if you assume that they deliver late in December, and that difficult continues to rise exponentially through December, the device will never coup its cost.  It's amazing that a 2TH/s device at $16 won't be worth it.  A few months ago that would have been an amazing device.

If you just look at how many bitcoins it'll be able to produce, it looks like it'll be able to generate about 110 BTC in the first 8 months.  At current exchange rates the device will cost 145 BTC.  The only way I can see this making any money is if the exchange rate for BTC doubles over the next 6 months.
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:00:58 AM

I think they made a typo on the price.  If not i fell out my chair laughing and pointing for nothing.
No mistake except the price is in RMB and they put up US$ by mistake.   Honest mistake likely because someone was setting the price based on costs and their costs were mostly in RMB too.

So what the price is not $17,000?? I guess your just trolling lol
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:02:51 AM

I mostly agree with everyone else.

I was looking forward to this announcement, especially since they've been saying it will be the cheapest option, but it's kind of meh after running the numbers.

I can't expect they'll get much business at these prices, but it is what it is. It's hard for me to suggest Cointerra over BFL at this point considering BFL has actually released products before and both are about the same price. Sure, BFL has been a clusterfuck, but I would hope they have learned from their mistakes.

These ASIC companies need to leave some meat on the bone for their customers or there will be no customers.
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:04:02 AM

I was looking forward to this announcement, especially since they've been saying it will be the cheapest option, but it's kind of meh after running the numbers.

I can't expect they'll get much business at these prices, but it is what it is. It's hard for me to suggest Cointerra over BFL at this point considering BFL has actually released products before and both are about the same price. Sure, BFL has been a clusterfuck, but I would hope they have learned from their mistakes.

If they didn't learn from FPGA, I don't think they will ever learn. The best option is still KNC.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:04:38 AM

If they didn't learn from FPGA, I don't think they will ever learn. The best option is still KNC.

KNC at current prices won't ROI either..
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:06:38 AM

My issue is that you promised Paypal, yet have priced significantly higher than their $10,000 spending limit. Certainly they won't protect above that amount.

So your statement about accepting Paypal, appears to have been ill-conceived, or untrue.

What is PayPal's transaction limit?

You can send up to $10,000 in a single transaction.

If you don't have a PayPal account, you can send a one-time payment of up to $4,000.

If you don't have a PayPal account and live outside the U.S., the maximum amount you can send depends on your currency:

EUR - 8000
CAD - 12500
GBP - 5500
ARS - 30,000
AUD - 12500
BRL - 20,000
CHF - 13,000
CZK - 240,000
DKK - 60,000
HKD - 80,000
HUF - 2,000,000
ILS - 40,000
JPY - 1.000.000
MXN - 110,000
MYR - 40,000
NOK - 70,000
NZD - 15,000
PHP - 500,000
PLN - 32,000
SEK - 80,000
SGD - 16,000
THB - 360,000
TWD - 330,000

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=11637&m=SRE

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:08:01 AM

My issue is that you promised Paypal, yet have priced significantly higher than their $10,000 spending limit. Certainly they won't protect above that amount.

So your statement about accepting Paypal, appears to have been ill-conceived, or untrue.

They don't even accept Bitcoin..... lol

Only bank transfers....
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:17:50 AM

KNC at current prices won't ROI either..

uhh yes it will, if they don't delay of course.
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:18:23 AM

They don't even accept Bitcoin..... lol

Only bank transfers....

They said they'd accept PayPal : They aren't.
They don't even accept btc.

And worse of all, the thing will never pay for itself because it's overpriced:
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/294c1f0fab

these guys are a joke just let this thread die.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:30:06 AM

Also...

HashFast/xCrowd are offering a "Miner protection plan" of some sort. (If difficulty goes up so high that you can't ROI, they will provide extra chips for free... something along those lines.)

I'm a bit weary to order from a company that doesn't also provide this, because if they delay then you're out of luck.

I feel like a "Miner Protection Plan" is needed for any new start ups to be taken seriously.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:47:36 AM

Also...

HashFast/xCrowd are offering a "Miner protection plan" of some sort. (If difficulty goes up so high that you can't ROI, they will provide extra chips for free... something along those lines.)

I'm a bit weary to order from a company that doesn't also provide this, because if they delay then you're out of luck.

I feel like a "Miner Protection Plan" is needed for any new start ups to be taken seriously.

Hashfast offer raw chips, but you have to pay for associated parts, assembly and shipping. Plus you'd presumably have to wait for such additionally hashing power to be made for you. This all negates any miner protection. Furthermore they guarantee refunds out of what, the pool of monies they have spent on development and wages? No third party assuming liability, no real protection. They couldn't pay you back if they wanted to, fact is, they have no intention to.

X-Crowd offer protection on a global network of sub 350million in difficulty. By the time they deliver it will be almost certainly be beyond 350 million in difficulty, therefore such protection is also negated.

It's just marketing. You either fall for it, or you don't.

Cointerra looked promising as they promised to accept a secured payment with potential third party assuming liability to really protect their customers funds, but at this pricepoint there is no way they could have even genuinely considered Paypal as a payment choice.

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:55:46 AM

Pretty expensive to say the least.  Grin
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:55:57 AM

Also...

Hashfast offer raw chips, but you have to pay for associated parts, assembly and shipping. Plus you'd presumably have to wait for such additionally hashing power to be made for you. This all negates any miner protection. Furthermore they guarantee refunds out of what, the pool of monies they have spent on development and wages? No third party assuming liability, no real protection.

X-Crowd offer protection on a global network of sub 350million in difficulty. By the time they deliver it will be beyond 350 million in difficulty, therefore such protection is also negated.

Cointerra looked promising as they promised to accept a secured payment with potential third party assuming liability to really protect their customers funds, but at this pricepoint there is no way they could have even genuinely considered Paypal as a payment choice.

I understand that the extra hashing power is only provided in chips (not assembled), but it is better than the NOTHING you would get from the other manufacturers if they are delayed and you won't make ROI, is it not?

Obviously xCrowd's miner protection plan of difficulty <350 million is not really a miner protection plan. I did not know they had placed such a limit on the difficulty. HOWEVER, they also are offering escrow so I fail to see how a gap in their miner protection plan is really that big of a deal. HashFast's miner protection plan seems decent.

In one case you are just screwed if they delay (KNC), and in the other case you can pay a little more to get the chips assembled and still make ROI (HashFast). I fail to see how not offering a miner protection plan is better than offering one...

Try looking at the situation without your KNC is the only legit answer goggles on...
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:02:57 AM

Also...

Hashfast offer raw chips, but you have to pay for associated parts, assembly and shipping. Plus you'd presumably have to wait for such additionally hashing power to be made for you. This all negates any miner protection. Furthermore they guarantee refunds out of what, the pool of monies they have spent on development and wages? No third party assuming liability, no real protection.

X-Crowd offer protection on a global network of sub 350million in difficulty. By the time they deliver it will be beyond 350 million in difficulty, therefore such protection is also negated.

I understand that the extra hashing power is provided in chips not assembled. But, it is better than the NOTHING you would get from the other manufacturers if they are delayed and you won't make ROI, is it not?

Obviously xCrowd's miner protection plan of difficulty <350 million is not really a miner protection plan. I did not know they had placed such a limit on the difficulty. However, HashFast's miner protection plan seems decent.

In one case you are just screwed if they delay, and in the other case you can pay a little more to get the chips assembled and still make ROI. I fail to see how not offering a miner protection plan is better than not offering one...

No if they are delayed because they lied about being able to raise funds, and secure fabrication at TSMC before October/November as promised, then as a customer when it dawns on me that a rocket run wasn't even feasible, I'd want my funds back in their entirey. Giving me an extra chip instead of the freedom of my own choice means nothing to me in the scheme of things. There is a reason they only give you a two week window to refund in January, and not before. There's a reason they keep refusing Paypal as a payment option when you would know inside of Paypal's 45 day protection plan whether Hashfast were capable of delivering as originally
promised in October.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: