Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:51:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra TerraMiner Prices Released (updated)  (Read 10230 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:12:54 AM

No if they are delayed because they lied about being able to raise funds, and secure fabrication at TSMC before October/November as promised, then as a customer when it dawns on me that a rocket run wasn't even feasible, I'd want my funds back in their entirey. Giving me an extra chip instead of the freedom of my own choice means nothing to me in the scheme of things. There is a reason they only give you a two week window to refund in January, and not before. There's a reason they keep refusing Paypal as a payment option when you would know inside of Paypal's 45 day protection plan whether Hashfast were capable of delivering as originally
promised in October.

Right... and if KNC is unable to deliver, they will have enough funds to refund everyone 100%?  Roll Eyes

Maybe your credit card company/Paypal will bail you out, but there are plenty of people that have ordered with Bitcoin through KNC (including myself) and would be screwed in a similar circumstance. Also, they wouldn't get free extra chips for the "inconvenience" either...
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:25:40 AM

No if they are delayed because they lied about being able to raise funds, and secure fabrication at TSMC before October/November as promised, then as a customer when it dawns on me that a rocket run wasn't even feasible, I'd want my funds back in their entirey. Giving me an extra chip instead of the freedom of my own choice means nothing to me in the scheme of things. There is a reason they only give you a two week window to refund in January, and not before. There's a reason they keep refusing Paypal as a payment option when you would know inside of Paypal's 45 day protection plan whether Hashfast were capable of delivering as originally
promised in October.

Right... and if KNC is unable to deliver, they will have enough funds to refund everyone 100%?  Roll Eyes

Maybe your credit card company/Paypal will bail you out, but there are plenty of people that have ordered with Bitcoin through KNC (including myself) and would be screwed in a similar circumstance. Also, they wouldn't get free extra chips for the "inconvenience" either...

Well you can't say I didn't suggest used the safest means possible for yourself, but CoinHoarder from reading your posts I don't fear you aren't informed enough as to make your own decisions and accept responsibility for your own actions. You appear more mature and seasoned than most. Also I'd say it's fair they want your repeat custom, so let's see what happens. For me though anything I have to order in advance over £200 in value, I look for the most protected means possible.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:32:03 AM

Quote from: cointerra
Due to high interest and demand, we have decided to announce the specs and price of our first product: TerraMiner IV, before the official launch of our full product line.
TerraMiner IV is the most powerful, high-performance Bitcoin mining rig available for pre-order and packs a hashrate of greater than 2 TH/s.
Designed by the world’s leading experts in ASICs, mathematics and algorithm design, it features Cointerra’s in-house designed ASIC – the GoldStrike1.
TerraMiner IV delivers unprecedented performance while maintaining an exceptionally efficient wattage rating (of significantly less than a watt per Gh/s). It is optimized and designed for use by Bitcoin mining (what else would it be used for ?) professionals who demand the very best cost/performance ratio for their systems.
TerraMiner IV will ship in December this year and retails for $15,750.
For more information and to place an order, go to order.cointerra.com.

I haven't seen a bullshit fluff-laden PR piece like that since, well, the Butterfly Labs Monarch announcement.

I'm calling shenanigans.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:40:09 AM

None of it is lies.  It just is marketing speak.  Could have been a bullet list for all we care, but marketing bots do what marketing bots will do.
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:49:39 AM

Quote from: cointerra
Due to high interest and demand, we have decided to announce the specs and price of our first product: TerraMiner IV, before the official launch of our full product line.
TerraMiner IV is the most powerful, high-performance Bitcoin mining rig available for pre-order and packs a hashrate of greater than 2 TH/s.
Designed by the world’s leading experts in ASICs, mathematics and algorithm design, it features Cointerra’s in-house designed ASIC – the GoldStrike1.
TerraMiner IV delivers unprecedented performance while maintaining an exceptionally efficient wattage rating (of significantly less than a watt per Gh/s). It is optimized and designed for use by Bitcoin mining (what else would it be used for ?) professionals who demand the very best cost/performance ratio for their systems.

I haven't seen a bullshit fluff-laden PR piece like that since, well, the Butterfly Labs Monarch announcement.

I'm calling shenanigans.

yeah this was the biggest letdown so far, it was really enjoyable watching these clowns lol
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 02:12:14 AM

CoinTerra Unveils 2TH/s ASIC Bitcoin Miner

Due to high interest and demand, we have decided to announce the specs and price of our first product, TerraMiner IV, before the official launch of our full product line.

TerraMiner IV is currently the most powerful, high-performance Bitcoin mining rig available for pre-order and packs a hashrate of greater than 2 TH/s.

TerraMiner IV delivers unprecedented performance while maintaining an exceptionally efficient wattage rating. It is optimized and designed for use by Bitcoin mining professionals who demand the very best cost/performance ratio for their systems.

Looking forward to serving you,

The CoinTerra Team

- -

We apologize for the slight delay in the announcement here on the forum. We wanted to be sure that all the people who actively signed up for email updates on our website received this message first.

You mentioned before that you would have a

very customer friendly delay policy

Unfortunately your terms of service leave much to be desired: http://www.cointerra.com/consumer-sales-agreement/

• Excusable Delay. Cointerra shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform due to any cause beyond its control or the control of its suppliers or subcontractors such as, for example, strikes, acts of God, acts of Buyer, interruption of transportation or inability to obtain the necessary labor, materials or facilities. Delivery schedules shall be considered extended by a period of time equal to the time lost because of any excusable delay. In the event Cointerra is unable wholly or partially to perform because of any such cause it may cancel its acceptance of Buyer’s order without liability to Buyer.

KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 01:30:00 PM

also:
Warranties. CoinTerra warrants that its Product(s) will, at the time of shipment and for a period of ninety days thereafter

even though:
These Consumer Terms of Sale

(Emphasis mine.)

They have to offer 2 years warranty for sales to the EU. That's mandatory.

Given it's a "consumer" device, are they going through the FCC/CE certification process?

The price is "meh" for something shipping that late. They'll probably have to lower it or offer additional equipment at a heavy discount.

edit: funny they say it's for professionals in the announcement and not the T&C.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:08:26 AM

This company has not produced a 2th/s miner ever to date!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: