Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:06:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling BTC. Would love to recieve WU but other payment options works too.  (Read 1671 times)
saru (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:58:17 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2013, 10:27:32 AM by saru

Hello. I live in Sweden and have (at least for now) bitcoins to sell.
I would love to receive it with Western union sense I can pick it out unnoticed, But I can understand that people might have a trust issue. However, to make it easier for me to sell I will agree with any payment method that seems reasonable for both me and you. Ofcourse I understand i have to work on my reputation and that might take time. I am aiming on only selling for WU in the future when/if my stats are shining. Until then we can figure something out that suits you better. 

And please be aware that I am pretty new with all this , so if there is something that I can do better or if you have positive suggestions, don't hesitate!

Hope to hear from you, thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
assman24

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 09:08:03 PM

Wanna trade.for mp on localbitcoin
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 09:08:55 PM

What rate can you take for them can you take paypal.
saru (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 09:26:51 PM

What is MP? How does it work?
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 09:41:09 PM

Use escrow
saru (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:02:44 AM

what?
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:06:29 AM

I am telling anyone dealing with you or you dealing with anyone else to use an escrow service. Neither of you have any trust at all, so anyone trading with you should use escrow and if anyone else tries to get you to send first who doesnt have a ton of trust you had better us escrow.

I recommend John K
margaritahuyan

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:28:36 AM

I am telling anyone dealing with you or you dealing with anyone else to use an escrow service. Neither of you have any trust at all, so anyone trading with you should use escrow and if anyone else tries to get you to send first who doesnt have a ton of trust you had better us escrow.

I recommend John K

John K is the most trusted no doubt about but there are a few more options such as DannyHamilton, Darkjuggalo, and a few others with positive feedback for escrow.

saru (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:35:51 AM

Okej cool thanks! I really appriciate all the help I can get. I will check it out right away! John K sounds good
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:56:44 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2013, 01:49:02 PM by DannyHamilton

Okej cool thanks! I really appriciate all the help I can get. I will check it out right away! John K sounds good

John K is the most trusted person on this forum.  I'd trust him to hold $100,000 (about €75000) if I ever needed someone to.

For more typical values (anywhere from $20 to a few thousand), I'd also trust KingOfSports, Graet, and (obviously) myself.

John K can be a bit busy, and may not be online when you need to set something up in a hurry, so it's always good to have additional options available.

Notice (2013-10-09): KingOfSports behavior has recently changed. Due to recent events I would no longer trust him with any amount at all.
infobiactrader

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:27:33 AM

John K is the most trusted person on this forum.  I'd trust him to hold $100,000 (about €75000) if I ever needed someone to.

For more typical values (anywhere from $20 to a few thousand), I'd also trust KingOfSports, Graet, and (obviously) myself.

John K can be a bit busy, and may not be online when you need to set something up in a hurry, so it's always good to have additional options available.

I've had this question for a while... Do the escrow services mentioned have minimums? If so what is the average? As in can I buy half a bitcoin worth of goods and use escrow?
saru (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:06:28 PM

OK thanks Danny Hamilton, I just can't figure it out. How can I now that I can trust you?
I mean how does it work? Can you or someone go through this with me. Sorry if you find me retarded!

I have looked into WU, MG, Paypal ofcourse. Not sure how MP works and if it is usefull in Sweden. Any other easy methods of payment when using escrow are very welcome.

Best regards
margaritahuyan

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:35:47 PM

OK thanks Danny Hamilton, I just can't figure it out. How can I now that I can trust you?
I mean how does it work? Can you or someone go through this with me. Sorry if you find me retarded!

I have looked into WU, MG, Paypal ofcourse. Not sure how MP works and if it is usefull in Sweden. Any other easy methods of payment when using escrow are very welcome.

Best regards

It's like an ebay rating system, they have previous trades and positive ratings. That's basically the only thing you can go by online.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:22:38 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2013, 01:48:48 PM by DannyHamilton

John K is the most trusted person on this forum.  I'd trust him to hold $100,000 (about €75000) if I ever needed someone to.

I've had this question for a while... Do the escrow services mentioned have minimums? If so what is the average? As in can I buy half a bitcoin worth of goods and use escrow?

You'd have to send a PM to whichever escrow holder you were interested in working with and ask them if they'd be willing to hold escrow for whatever amount you're interested in.  In most cases, I suspect that they'd all be ok holding 0.5 BTC in escrow.  Due to transaction fees, you'll probably find that it would be a hassle to try and do escrow for any amount less than 0.02 BTC.

Notice (2013-10-09): KingOfSports behavior has recently changed. Due to recent events I would no longer trust him with any amount at all.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:10:34 PM

Best regards

The members I've listed have all been active, reliable, and helpful on this forum for over a year.  You can read through their posting history and see that they've built up a significant reputation for themselves here.  They've engaged in many transactions of significant value and have acted in an honest and trustworthy every time. There is no guarantee that a person won't suddenly decide that it would be a good idea to destroy their reputation and run off with someone's funds, but your risk is significantly lower with someone who has put a lot of time and effort into maintaining a good reputation than it is with a newbie that has no reputation to be concerned.

Due to the nature of cryptography, there are also some methods of generating transactions that reduces risk even further. Using these methods, theft would require collusion between the escrow holder and another party in the transaction.  There is a method using EC multiplication that was described by Casascius and it can also be done with 2 of 3 multi-sig transactions.

If you have a PayPal account, I believe you can load the value from the GreenDot MoneyPak into your PayPal account.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:45:08 AM

I've never used Danny as an escrow agent but the man has amazing knowledge of bitcoin AND he shares that knowledge. He helps people out in the tech support section. If someone is willing to spend their time helping others out it says something about that person.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:55:01 AM

I think the Op might be wise. I have given him plenty of links to my feedback and credibility and he still wont send first for any amount.

He might just be super cautious... but looking kinda scammy. 

The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior... Use escrow, start small, and build trust slowly.
margaritahuyan

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:15:40 AM

I think the Op might be wise. I have given him plenty of links to my feedback and credibility and he still wont send first for any amount.

He might just be super cautious... but looking kinda scammy. 

The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior... Use escrow, start small, and build trust slowly.

You might be right. I have insisted we use John K, and communication ends. He said he was scammed before so I don't know what to think.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:19:23 AM

Is this the message he sent you? Just wondering if he is just cutting and pasting the same message to multiple members?

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: sublime5447 on: August 18, 2013, 11:52:59 AM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete  

I find this whole bitcoins-clutter complicated and very hard because I really am a nice and legit guy with a STRONG need to start selling my bitcoins.
I have put up ads on Localbtc, the need is too small in Stockholm. I have written to my friends on SR for help, nothing. Mtgox feels too slow, expensive and a little insecure. Everything is just one big headache if you should not settle for a shameful bid ... My goodness, the feeling to have money without having them.

Besides, I made my first affair with a guy from localbitcoins.com, called "Cawer" 5 days ago, can not believe how he managed it but after he received his bitcoins, I discover that the bank has frozen the money he has transferred and my very own bank report me for fraud offenses. Totally sick. They took my bank account and money Those fuckers. I will not send money to anyone in advance who is not a full member or similar.

Here is my facebook, plese check me out : http://www.facebook.com/sammy.rustom?fref=ts

If there is anything I can do to secure your position without having to send BTC before I get a chance to get payed for them, like sending you personlig information/ID or ANYTHING. Please help me get through this. Best regards

Danny might be able to answer this?  How in the hell does someone charge back a bank deposit.. Never heard of it happening.

margaritahuyan

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:38:16 AM

Yep

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: margaritahuyan on: August 18, 2013, 05:23:28 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
Hello sir. Yes please. I was conviced that I already answered you, but I noticed now that I was wrong.
It has to be this BS about not being able to post twice within 360 seconds. Must have fotgotten to re-send. Sorry.

I have not been able to decide of one. I am really not a good "computer guy" and I might be a little bit slow, haha.
But if you can suggest someone or an option that I find legit, that would be great. But I tell you right away, I am a legit guy and I am planning to stay here.

I really find this whole bitcoins-clutter complicated and very hard because I really am a nice and legit guy with a STRONG need to start selling my bitcoins.
I have put up ads on Localbtc, but the need seems to be to small in Stockholm. I have written to my people on SR for help, nothing. Mtgox feels too slow, expensive and a little insecure. Everything is just one big headache if you should not settle for a shameful bid ... My goodness, the feeling to have money without having them..

Besides, I made my first affair with a guy from localbitcoins.com, called "Cawer" 5 days ago, can not believe how he managed it but after he received his bitcoins, I discover that the bank has frozen the money he has transferred and my very own bank report me for fraud offenses. Totally sick. They took my bank account and money Those fuckers. I will not send money to anyone in advance who is not a full member or similar, maybe not even that! Hope you can understand

Here is my facebook, plese check me out : http://www.facebook.com/sammy.rustom?fref=ts

If there is anything I can do to secure your position without having to send BTC before I get a chance to get payed for them, like sending you personal information/ID or ANYTHING. Please help me get through this. best regards
Report To Admin
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: