Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:36:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling BTC. Would love to recieve WU but other payment options works too.  (Read 1671 times)
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:57:31 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 12:28:04 PM by DannyHamilton

Danny might be able to answer this?  How in the hell does someone charge back a bank deposit.. Never heard of it happening.

Quote from: saru
"after he received his bitcoins, I discover that the bank has frozen the money he has transferred and my very own bank report me for fraud offenses."

As far as I know there isn't a way to charge back a CASH deposit, although in the U.S. if you have large enough cash deposits often enough you can run into issues with the bank notifying their own "risk assessment team" which may decide to close your accounts on you.  Additionally in the U.S. with large or frequent deposits, banks are required to file a CTR (Currency Transaction Report) or a SAR (Suspicious Activity Report) with FinCEN which can result in the Federal government investigating to determine if money laundering or other financial crimes are occurring.

On the other hand, a bank deposit will be charged back if the deposit is a check and the check is no good.  The same can happen if you deposit a fake/fraudulent money order.

In the case of saru, it doesn't sound like he used a bank deposit at all.  The phrase he used in the message to both of you was "the money he transferred".  There are many methods of bank transfer (SWIFT, ACH, WIRE, CaptialOne P2P, Chase QuickPay, etc) and many of those can be charged back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saru (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:02:50 PM

To margaritahuyan: Under you name at the left side of the screen, I can see this warning:

"View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: -5: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Ignore"  So please back the fuck off.

When it come to you sublime5447 I rather not send first. So I am looking for other options. Taking my time. It doesn't mean I am looking for an opportunity to fool you or anyone. I dont understand why I should give away so much information about me if I was trying to scam someone. I wont even ask you to send money first, I understand that I will have to go through and escrow service, but that is when I no longer have no options besides an exchange.

Thanks
saru (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:21:34 PM

What happened was that this guy "cawer" which wrote to me on Localbitcoins.com (I am the user "VP" on localbitcoins.com)
He made an tansaction offer on 14.5 bitcoins. I accepted by funding our transaction suggestion with 10 729 SEK. When I recived the money on my account this guy started messing me on my phone number which I gave him before. He was asking me to release the bitcoins from escrow, so I doubble checked the account, and he was right. I could se the money was in there. So I wrote him "thank you" and realeased the BTC to him. This trade was carried out on the evening. So next morning when i woke up I saw that the money has been taken out of the account again. It looked like this :

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=29cd8d125a&view=att&th=1409680708266913&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P87fFdtyHtnapVGV03Thk_1&sadet=1376914758141&sads=jx-gHpwJTaq2sp4COHJuOSpl9fA

"Skyddat belopp" means "Protected amount."

So I call the bank only to find out that my account has been frozen and that I am involved in a investigation of fraudcrime. I went to the police and know I am waiting for the bank to investigate sense THEY are the owner of this case. Not the police.... sicknesssssssss
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:30:18 PM

What happened was that this guy "cawer" which wrote to me on Localbitcoins.com (I am the user "VP" on localbitcoins.com)
He made an tansaction offer on 14.5 bitcoins. I accepted by funding our transaction suggestion with 10 729 SEK. When I recived the money on my account this guy started messing me on my phone number which I gave him before. He was asking me to release the bitcoins from escrow, so I doubble checked the account, and he was right. I could se the money was in there. So I wrote him "thank you" and realeased the BTC to him. This trade was carried out on the evening. So next morning when i woke up I saw that the money has been taken out of the account again. It looked like this :

"Skyddat belopp" means "Protected amount."

So I call the bank only to find out that my account has been frozen and that I am involved in a investigation of fraudcrime. I went to the police and know I am waiting for the bank to investigate sense THEY are the owner of this case. Not the police.... sicknesssssssss

If your bank is investigating you for fraud/crime, why do you blame the person who made the deposit exactly as you required?  It isn't his fault that your bank finds a deposit of 10 729 suspicious. 
saru (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:39:48 PM

It is not me, I am studying and 10 729 kr ONCE is no big amount over here. When I talked to the bank they claim that the money is dirty and I knew that the money I was receiving was dirty. Which ofcourde I didn't and could not have known that. Thats why I blaim that person. I knew what he was doing. But I will find him sonner or later. Sweden is pretty small. Problem is this incident made me afraid of banktransfer options and it made me extremly careful
saru (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:48:44 PM

ops, horrible writing, sorry.. Let me correct myself!

The bank claims that I knew where the money comes from. Which ofcourse I did not*

He knew what he was doing*
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:12:58 PM

To margaritahuyan: Under you name at the left side of the screen, I can see this warning:

"View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: -5: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Ignore"  So please back the fuck off.

When it come to you sublime5447 I rather not send first. So I am looking for other options. Taking my time. It doesn't mean I am looking for an opportunity to fool you or anyone. I dont understand why I should give away so much information about me if I was trying to scam someone. I wont even ask you to send money first, I understand that I will have to go through and escrow service, but that is when I no longer have no options besides an exchange.

Thanks

Ok fair enough. Danny is super trusted send him a tenth of one bitcoin. I personally think you dont have any coins.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:24:52 PM

Ok fair enough. Danny is super trusted send him a tenth of one bitcoin. I personally think you dont have any coins.

If I receive 0.1 bitcoin at the following address before 2013-08-19 23:59:59 UTC I will return it in full.

Note, there is no guarantee that the 0.1 bitcoin was sent by saru.  It might be wise to also receive a signed message from saru using the address that they receive the 0.1 bitcoin back at.

EDIT:  Forgot to include the address:
1CvAkjpZA6FyZy3rE662pKHcY4g86WcNhq
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:52:32 PM

Maybe something fishy going on, maybe not.

I just organised a deal - my US$105 paypal, his btc.
i sent first.
after 15 minutes i asked where the btc was, he replied 'just trying to send funds out of here, i'll send coins shortly'.
another 10 minutes later, he writes ' sorry, i cant get my funds out from this account, i will have to refund you'

Yes, he did refund me.

Maui

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:55:14 PM

Maybe something fishy going on, maybe not.

I just organised a deal - my US$105 paypal, his btc.
i sent first.
after 15 minutes i asked where the btc was, he replied 'just trying to send funds out of here, i'll send coins shortly'.
another 10 minutes later, he writes ' sorry, i cant get my funds out from this account, i will have to refund you'

Yes, he did refund me.

I think the OP should definately clarify what happened hear before anyone else deals with him.

Click on my trust and select "Untrusted Feedback" for all my ratings.
saru (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:02:34 PM

haha shit I must look really suspicious.... however we will work this out... I am an honest guy
saru (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:52:50 PM

Sorry goose! didnt see that last massage, I really was in a hurry before I logged out, I will send your coin immediately!!
goose20
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:48:03 PM

A deal was successfully done in the end after some false starts.
My US$ paypal his 1 btc.

All good as far as I'm concerned.
Smiley
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:29:39 PM

Glad you coin but this doesnt add up. I am gonna keep an eye on both accounts.

Why would you send first for this guy?
goose20
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:04:57 PM

Sometimes you got to give trust to get it.
I'm protected either way.
I either get coins which I then immediately leave good feed back so seller has evidence I was happy. I have no intention of ever reversing an honest sale.
If I dont receive the bought coins, then my credit card company gets a call.

Btc is all based on trust, yet no one is willing to give it. How is btc ever going to go mainstream.
goose20
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:09:47 PM

And yes I have been a victim of scams. I've also been cut off by idiots on the road
I still think a few bad eggs shouldn't make all the rest of us lower ourselves to their level.
You take it on the chin and keep moving on. Karma will catch up with them in time.
saru (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:10:50 PM

What can I say... Goose is the man!
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:12:04 PM

Okay... I agree for bitcoin to work it has to be a network of trusted P2P buyers and sellers. It sounds like you know what is going on with paypal.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:17:45 PM

Sometimes you got to give trust to get it.
I'm protected either way.
I either get coins which I then immediately leave good feed back so seller has evidence I was happy. I have no intention of ever reversing an honest sale.
If I dont receive the bought coins, then my credit card company gets a call.

Btc is all based on trust, yet no one is willing to give it. How is btc ever going to go mainstream.

BTC is no more based on trust than cash.  Actually probably less so.  If you have a high enough risk tolerance and the loss of the $120 or so wouldn't be devastating, they you are welcome to trust whoever you like.  Many others have a much lower risk tolerance than you.
saru (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:19:59 PM

SO I was wondering, is 110 dollar/BTC expensive in the states? What is the average rate on 1 bitcoin in USA?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: