Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:50:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: War on cryptocurrency!  (Read 4188 times)
Dragon5

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:38:18 PM

I think it depends on the country. China has always been very monopolistic about everything, why on Earth would they allow to use something decentralized that they cannot control properly. Meanwhile other countries interested in financial development are more flexible
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:49:33 PM

Governments of many countries are practically declaring war on cryptocurrencies.
Why is that?

I think one major problem that governments are having with cryptocurrencies is trying to figure out how to get taxes from earnings. Governments may see cryptocurrencies as a way for people to hide their money from the government.

Another potential concern is that we constantly hear that Bitcoin can be used for illegal activity. I don’t think this is an issue with Bitcoin any more than other currencies, but apparently some people are concerned about this.
cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:55:20 PM

I wouldn't say they declare wars, what I see is tries to place the crypto money flows under their control. Of course they may say that crypto is needed to be controlled because anonimity leads to sponsoring of terrorism or money laundering. But the fact is they just want to take control over your money.
Jr.

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:07:33 PM

Its just conflict and sort of jealousy, since crypto community is getting bigger and much money are circulating around it and they don't have control over it.

tge.HORYOUToken.io    ■))   BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▐ ███████████████   JOIN THE TGE   《《《 ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
raul lemos

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:36:02 AM

well, in my country bitcoin is become an issue because of its value, and  means of payment that cannot be juxtaposed with rupiah. the government do however, absorb the blockchain technology and implemented rupiah in it. ( https://blockchainzoo.com/blockchain-technology-makes-digital-rupiah-easy-create/ ) . with that said, my country is openly war against bitcoin for the sake of future rupiah in blockchain.
Bugsbey

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:56:29 AM

Governments of many countries are practically declaring war on cryptocurrencies.
Why is that?

Governments don’t understand Bitcoin and want to control it. It is true that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will be disruptive to banking as we know it. This makes them want to hold Bitcoin back. Governments also want to make sure they get their taxes from us as well.
Yes its true! All the government wanted is for everyone to fairly pay taxes. Most especially that the system is not familar with them. And maybe they hear feedbacks of bigger amount of transactions here. They may be doubtful of what might be the transactions here, legal or illegal. What happens here is out of their control. These are just ideas of mine, how about yours?
doreraj

Activity: 173

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:00:24 AM

there may be many reasons depending on a region but mostly it suppose the easier way for the to try to save the economy that is now

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
CongHoan

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:25:42 AM

they scared of being out of controlling btc
floresjonathan123

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:30:58 AM

Why is that?
Governments don’t understand Bitcoin and want to control it. It is true that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will be disruptive to banking as we know it.
billbear

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:46:53 PM

In my country, one of the reasons is, that cryptocurrencies are not taxed, so government are not getting nothing from you. So it cames to two ways, or to forbid it, or to tax it.
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:03:49 PM

Why is that?

There's no war between crypto and governments, its just a matter of regulation. Governments simply against crytptos because they cannot get tax from it and so as the people having them.
blue_nexus15

Activity: 532

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:55:02 PM

In my country, one of the reasons is, that cryptocurrencies are not taxed, so government are not getting nothing from you. So it cames to two ways, or to forbid it, or to tax it.
The competition in the financial markets is inevitable and the cryptocurrency market is the same. The competition will create momentum for the entire market because the bad crypto will be eliminated and replaced by better crypto. Think positively about the competition in this market.

Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:10:29 PM

Why is that?
It's simple - these governments just do not understand all the superiority of the crypto currency. They try instead of supporting, in every way harm. If the whole world goes over to the crypto currency, then how do you steal the budgets of the states?

Actually this is not a threats to the cryptocurrency world because the only meant for the government is the regulations on how they impose the taxations so that they can collect what are for economic state and to be stabilize the form of every earner on every country as well, But sad to say cryptocurrency is made to decentralized currency were no one is allowed between on the government. Its definately hard to make a deal.
anaumar

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:35:23 PM

not a war against bitcoin but prohibits the use of bitcoin for the transaction process directly, the government is afraid of losing conventional money against bitcoin so that's the cause of such a government

CCN     CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK      CCN    
We Provide The Best Smart    Facebook Twitter  Telegram
Contract Services    ▰▰▰      Service Thread    Whitepaper
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:59:11 PM

not a war against bitcoin but prohibits the use of bitcoin for the transaction process directly, the government is afraid of losing conventional money against bitcoin so that's the cause of such a government

Well at my end it looks like a war to me. Actually they have been waging war against crypto in the beginning specially last year when they so that crypto is really a threat to them because they are losing money as more people just decided to pour and shell out cash in crypto sphere.

So this will be a continuing battle and I don't know who will emerge as a winning. Maybe the best thing is to compromise in the middle: crypto regulations.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Johnny Lgz

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:03:35 AM

One reason is government doesn't have a control of Bitcoin and other crypto, second is scam on ICOs is now becoming an issue and big scandals...
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:11:29 AM

Simply because every country has its own perception towards cryptocurrencies. One can think it negatively and shall impose its powers to regulate or even ban cryptos for good. It's always been a debate as to the possibility of making bitcoin as replacement for fiat where not all countries around the world is not in favor of bitcoin and the rest of cryptos.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
Wilsonong222

Activity: 130
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:52:27 PM

Why is that?

I don’t think so! I think the government is just doing their job protecting its citizen from people or organization taking advantage the crypto craze. The countries prohibiting the cryptocurrency are only limited. I think it is a good sign that some are still upbeat to cryptos they only ensuring the public safety.

(((   BIDIUM.io   )))    PRE-ICO ACTIVE
█████████  JOIN NOW!  █████████
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:14:50 PM

Why is that?

I don’t think so! I think the government is just doing their job protecting its citizen from people or organization taking advantage the crypto craze. The countries prohibiting the cryptocurrency are only limited. I think it is a good sign that some are still upbeat to cryptos they only ensuring the public safety.
Governments are not protecting the citizens they are protecting themselves from economical crisis by implementing heavy taxes because they are afraid of the new decentralized money which can give the users to use their money as they want.But no one can stop us from using the bitcoins but these regulations are affecting their prices pretty much so they need to implement decent taxes which can affordable for the citizen to pay.
apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:02:33 PM

Governments declares war on cryptocurrency was already begun in the past years.  Because theres no one will be blame, the governments just want to protect the citizens in wrong doing like scam. And the government wants to take control about crypto and they want that cryptocurrency will be tax.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: