Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 09:47:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: War on cryptocurrency!  (Read 4198 times)
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:00:36 AM

Cryptocurrency has been on a fight in most countries nowadays. Bigger countries tend to lose massively since its citizens might invest much in bitcoin  and other alts with the ezpectation of stabilization.
i think it's not lost, but they are required to be patient to wait until price improves again, because at first bitcoin price fluctuated, and bitcoiner had to know it at first
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:04:12 AM

Governments of many countries are practically declaring war on cryptocurrencies.
Why is that?
Because money is a tool to support those who want to evade taxes and money laundering. That is why many countries in Asia levy taxes on electronic money to reduce the number of people entering the market.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:49:41 AM

I am not sure how much governments understand what crypto is, and so how to handle the situation. I personally do not think there is such a big war against crypto, at least not yet.
Howits

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:53:17 AM

Cryptocurrencies generally are emerging technology which the government is trying to figure out a perfect way of adopting it into the main economy. There are also other areas of concern such as tax evasion, money laundering etc, which government wants to block.
In 2013 i heard that government are trying to down bitcoin its 2018 bitcoin is still UP and the price is keep increasing. We should invest as much as we can not to afraid about wars government never win.
geberger

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:32:24 AM

Cryptocurrencies generally are emerging technology which the government is trying to figure out a perfect way of adopting it into the main economy. There are also other areas of concern such as tax evasion, money laundering etc, which government wants to block.
No matter what government do they'll fall down. There's no chances of wining against bitcoin i know government want to control bitcoin's price so people can pay tax to them but all in vain. Government can't win.
sudip76

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:43:35 AM

Governments of many countries are practically declaring war on cryptocurrencies.
Why is that?

I think they don't know what is cryptocurrency is. And another thing is market manipulation. big players manipulate the market and small investors loss their money.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:12:18 PM

Frankly, now more than war I see disinterest; this winter to the usual powers it was necessary to stop the advance of the crypto, to understand what to do.
But now that the situation is stagnant, nobody talks about it anymore.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
MetalGear

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:27:37 PM

Why is that?

The word war is inappropriate to used maybe they are not interested to this. Maybe they don't have any knowledge about it and they feel unsecured because of the hackers and scammers.
abduramann

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:27:56 PM

Since they cannot control the money flows. This is similar to that they do not like end-to-end encryption in the messaging apps.
Angry_Bird

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:39:24 PM

They are frightened that BTC may affect their economics. Also many countries are not ready for such economical power; blockchain may be seemed as a threat as well.

BitWindmill

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:19:25 PM

Maybe because they think that crypto may put some kind of a threat for their influence and power? That's reason I guess.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:17:24 PM

Why is that?

This is an overstatement since most of the countries doesn't have any statement about it. Maybe the governemnt of difference countries is reviewing how the cryptocurrency works and plaaning to introduce it to ther constituents. Let's stay positive about the outlook of the govenement in cryptocurrency.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:43:04 PM

Why is that?
I think because this bitcoin might affect the circulation of money in the government. Crypto is a threat to government because it has the ability to remove the tax of the people that were going to use btc.
Tatsuyashiba

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:35:56 PM

Why is that?

in my opinion this cannot be said to be a war because from the crypto side it did not do anything, maybe it could be said that the government regulation was more concerned with crypto's negative because at first it was used in deepweb as an illegal payment instrument because the nature of BTC itself was anonymous
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:05:03 PM

Why is that?
I think the reason why many countries declaring war on cryptocurrencies because they think many people are using cryptocurrency in their illegal activities like scams, that is why a lot of countries are banning it to stop tricking people to invest their money in crypto.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:25:01 PM

Why is that?

The word war is inappropriate to used maybe they are not interested to this. Maybe they don't have any knowledge about it and they feel unsecured because of the hackers and scammers.

I do not agree with you, because the attitudes of many governments have been openly hostile against cryptocurrencies, and there have even been express prohibitions and harsh punishments against those who dare to trade, develop or simply possess crypto-currencies, and this can be called "war".

But fortunately this has only happened in a few countries that have been unable to react adequately to the technological advances of our times, because it seems that the global trend is toward greater openness, as the countries that make up the European Union at the meeting in the middle of this year.
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:01:07 PM

Governents are pretty sceptical when it comes to new things and technologies and it is well understandable, they have to protect billions of people and they can't risk much actually.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
liennhung345323

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:06:35 PM

It seems this is a bit too. Many governments have accepted cryptocurrency and have legitimized them but there are also some governments that have not yet accepted and are unwilling to accept them for a variety of reasons.
Lorin

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:18:46 PM

One reason that government are against bitcoin because they always think that btc is used by many for illegal transactions. They cannot trace bitcoin transactions and also they cannot put taxes on it because of being decentralize.
peacefulpeace

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:30:41 PM

the governments are declaring war on cryptocurrency because of the fact that they cannot have control over digital currency, the fact is, the blockchain backed digital crypto currency will enhance transparency in the way transactions are done and these corrupt politicians will do all they can to make sure the initiative doesn't see the light of the day, but guess what? it a lost war, the government has lost this war, cryptocurrency is here to stay, irrespective of what the government want.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: