Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:41:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's -on-!  (Read 4917 times)
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 02:05:45 AM

How confident of shipping to customers are you if you have not taped out yet.

Very confident.

We are currently conducting a mock tapeout, and have already sent our GDS-II to the fab.

We are very very close to final tapeout.

-John

What does that mean? I thought "tapeout" just meant sending files to the fab. What actually happens in a "mock tapeout"? Do they just check for problems or something?

I don't doubt that you'll get your chip on time... I'm just curious about what the actual process entails.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:09:11 AM

Hashfast cant or wont answer real questions

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:09:58 AM

Can you please address my valid question as outlined ?

OBJECT NOT FOUND
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:18:02 AM

too bad your prices suck and only accept BTC
YipYip

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:20:38 AM

Also ITS-OFF until u address some valid question!!!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:23:19 AM

i'll take your questions.

no one's answering you b/c there is no one right answer to any of the questions you've asked.  all you've done is give a bunch of your opinions about how a legitimate business should run.  you're trying to impose your opinions on a company who has legitimately decided to do business a different way.  

and it's a way that isn't even unique, as accepting BTC's only is how Avalon has run successful batch 1 & 2's.  it also appears to be how BFL will be taking orders for their new 28nm along with bank wires.

what you need to start appreciating is that this is the free market.  no one is forcing you to use BTC-only to buy an asic.  you have a variety of companies with different payment policies to choose from.  for everyone of those payment options you've recommended, there will be plenty of ppl and companies who won't agree with you.

my advice is to just do your due diligence and pick the company and the payment method you're comfortable with.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:29:42 AM

no one's answering you b/c there is no one right answer to any of the questions you've asked.  all you've done is give a bunch of your opinions about how a legitimate business should run.  you're trying to impose your opinions on a company who has legitimately decided to do business a different way.  

and it's a way that isn't even unique, as accepting BTC's only is how Avalon has run successful batch 1 & 2's.  it also appears to be how BFL will be taking orders for their new 28nm along with bank wires.

what you need to start appreciating is that this is the free market.  no one is forcing you to use BTC-only to buy an asic.  you have a variety of companies with different payment policies to choose from.  for everyone of those payment options you've recommended, there will be plenty of ppl and companies who won't agree with you.

my advice is to just do your due diligence and pick the company and the payment method you're comfortable with.

No more BTC only for me,ALMOST got burned by BFL & currently smarting pretty badly from my dealings with Avalon.

Good luck!!!!!!!! I'll be watching,but not getting my hopes up  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:32:41 AM

No more BTC only for me,ALMOST got burned by BFL & currently smarting pretty badly from my dealings with Avalon.

Good luck!!!!!!!! I'll be watching,but not getting my hopes up  Roll Eyes

i appreciate your misgivings.  i was one of the lucky ones who made it thru the Avalon gauntlet unscathed with a Batch 2.  i've had no problems with the units either. 

there will be other companies who also deliver using a BTC-only method.  you just have to do your due diligence to figure out who that will be.
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:39:14 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 03:17:08 AM by DyslexicZombei

Hi,

I have a few questions of behalf of our "little mining co-op that could":

1. Please give us more info on the Miner Protection Program. Anything you can share is appreciated but a lot of us have put our faith in your statements and incurred fees and lost opportunity costs so that we could put BTC/$ towards helping your launch and ordering our own B1 units. Some of us risk cold nights on the couch if we look stupid (well, stupider than usual) to our significant others.
2. Is this Mid Tower rack mountable - as in integrated or add-on sliding rails? If you're serious about this being a commercial device, it needs to be rackmountable & slideable so that it doesn't need special considerations - like the non-elegant platform method.
3. Any update on the shipping zip code for outbound shipments? As a Group Buy coordinator let's just say this is useful info.  Wink
4. What kind of upgradeability, if any, will the stock B1 units have by themselves? Can we double capacity? Do we need to buy bare PC modules? I say this because we all have to be honest about the brutal Darwinian nature of Moore's Law applied to ASIC manufacturing, Satoshi's elegant algorithms, and the marketplace.
5. Also, what type/wattage PSU do we need to do to overclock these sweet lil babies?

Cheers & I wish you all well. A lot of us want to support domestic BTC mining machine manufacturing and I, for one, took the step from dithering on several mfgs. to going to full blown organizer mode to be part of a low cost GB on your B1 launch.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:41:18 AM

Thanks for the update for this week. When are you publishing the order book?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
YipYip

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:42:35 AM

Fine so obviously you are taking the low road...

To even use BFL as a case in POINT...really you want to go there ?

So these guys are not a IRL company as you claim....  !!!

Just another BFL style operation getting the customer to take all of the risk with no recourse ...

AWESOME...

Your business model is SCAM OPERATIONS 101...as has been shown with both Avalon (of late) and BFL (the kings of this process)

You hijack pplz money and take them hostage with no reason or motivation to be held to your part of the contract...this seems to be your reasoning to not consider down payments or anything else i mentioned

Will be watching closely.. Cheesy

@ this point to any potential buyers KNC would be a safer bet !

OBJECT NOT FOUND
HashFast (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 03:03:57 AM

Once again

HashFast & Cypherdoc

Explain to me like Im a 5 year old why if HashFast (Or whoever is the parent company) are a legitimate IRL business

1) Why are you BTC only & NO credit cards
2) Why do u need pre-orders and payment in full
3) Why dont you just take a down payment (non-refundable if you wanted)

4) With a real order book of downpayed orders it is fairly easy to get a CAPEX loan for the production run

Bearing these things in mind how the fruit cake are you guys not a scam and either

1) FastTalked a respected member or
2) (just putting it out their so dont have a fit ) Paid Cypherdoc off

It just does not make ANY SENSE whats soever KNC after an initial start did and do CC

Intrested to hear from both Cypherdoc & Hashfast rep to reply to my vaild questions :/

We *fully* understand miner skepticism towards ASIC companies.  It is rational and justified.

Re: why sales instead of equity, HashFast is not the first technology company Simon &I have founded in Silicon Valley (see www.Devicescape.com).  
There are critical differences between companies that start out by selling pieces of themselves and companies that start out by making products their customers want.  
It defines who your #1 priority is, for one.

Roughly 90% of HashFast is owned by us and the people who work here - and the other 10% is by our families and friends.  
Further, everyone here including ourselves is subject to a 4-year vesting schedule.  
Which means that what comes of this to any of us is dependent on creating long term value.

Re: why BTC - we support BTC and are using it for as much of our business as possible.
We are aware that this is costing us sales. That's OK.

Re: 'how are you different', we feel it's best to let  the miners who have visited our offices in person speak to that.

Eduardo deCastro
Founder and CEO, HashFast

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:06:16 AM

Will you be slashing you prices now that BFL is planning tapeout of their latest Gen 2 ASIC chips?

Cut deeply!  Grin Cheesy

LOL!

Taping up boxes and moving to a location where there is no extradition you mean.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:08:55 AM

Once again

HashFast & Cypherdoc

Explain to me like Im a 5 year old why if HashFast (Or whoever is the parent company) are a legitimate IRL business

4) With a real order book of downpayed orders it is fairly easy to get a CAPEX loan for the production run

Bearing these things in mind how the fruit cake are you guys not a scam and either

It just does not make ANY SENSE whats soever KNC after an initial start did and do CC

Intrested to hear from both Cypherdoc & Hashfast rep to reply to my vaild questions :/

We *fully* understand miner skepticism towards ASIC companies.  It is rational and justified.

Re: why sales instead of equity, HashFast is not the first technology company Simon &I have founded in Silicon Valley (see www.Devicescape.com).  
There are critical differences between companies that start out by selling pieces of themselves and companies that start out by making products their customers want.  

Roughly 90% of HashFast is owned by us and the people who work here - and the other 10% is by our families and friends.  
Further, everyone here including ourselves is subject to a 4-year vesting schedule.  
Which means that what comes of this to any of us is dependent on creating long term value.

Re: why BTC - we support BTC and are using it for as much of our business as possible.

Re: 'how are you different', we feel it's best to let  the miners who have visited our offices in person speak to that.

Eduardo deCastro

Translated: We understand your fears, We too hope for the best. (our success)

But we will be needing your BTC if we are to succeed. Understand? Good. Then Pay up and get out of my sight. Get busy praying.

Edit: By the way, our offices are really nice. Really great carpeting. Our staff are also great conversationalist. We actually talk to one another every day.

YipYip

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:14:53 AM

Once again

HashFast & Cypherdoc

Eduardo deCastro

"We want to grow the BTC economy" ...u going to use that little chestnut ..lolz

The fact that it is un-reversable and in some ways by-passes a lot of fiat laws ...these factors never came into your deliberations on the business model you are using ...i loled again

U need long term b4 u can reap rewards of the shares register..... director drawings.... 250k salarys ....IT services CAPEX bills to companys owned by you ...the lists go on and on to negate any of the "LONG TERM"  Arguments you put forward

Long story short you guys are another unproven,unfinanced group of cowboys using a notorious Sales methodology that has been abused again and again in our community ...so you guys are full of it plain and simple...

BFL 2.0 ! Tongue

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:18:34 AM

Once again

HashFast & Cypherdoc

Eduardo deCastro

But we will be needing your BTC if we are to succeed. Understand? Good. Then Pay up and get out of my sight. Get busy praying.

Edit: By the way, our offices are really nice. Really great carpeting. Our staff are also great conversationalist. We actually talk to one another every day.

Whats the hand print on the carpet ..was somebody getting it  from the rear...Ohhh wait that was a recent customer getting it up the arse by BFL 2.0

All new customers are taken too the office for the Hashfast induction process once they tx their BTC

Gives them a feel of what more of teh same is comming to them ..lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:21:59 AM

Once again

HashFast & Cypherdoc

Eduardo deCastro

Whats the hand print on the carpet ..was somebody getting it  from the rear...lolz
It's to give you an impression that homo-sapiens use the property. (that and an Trezor Vault dropped from a tray)
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:25:04 AM

"We want to grow the BTC economy" so that's why we're only accepting BTC. Yerr..... okay. LOL

Avalon said that as well and then they went ahead and fucked everyone over as people didn't have the option of a chargeback or paypal complaint.

And then most of the questions you just outright ignore and others... "we're under NDA bro".

And your term allows you to mine with your customers miners pretty much from late October until about the end of the year without any consequences. I mean come on, free BJ machine printing money out of thin air, why wouldn't anyone mine with it for a while before shipping em out? Your terms allows you to do it so why not?
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:32:47 AM

The price increase in BTC is more appeal to only accept BTC as form as payment...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:40:26 AM

The price increase in BTC is more appeal to only accept BTC as form as payment...

Don't they use Bitpay? Which converts to fiat anyway.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: