Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:39:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's -on-!  (Read 4916 times)
Coco888

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:52:02 AM

Once again

HashFast & Cypherdoc

Explain to me like Im a 5 year old why if HashFast (Or whoever is the parent company) are a legitimate IRL business

1) Why are you BTC only & NO credit cards
2) Why do u need pre-orders and payment in full
3) Why dont you just take a down payment (non-refundable if you wanted)

4) With a real order book of downpayed orders it is fairly easy to get a CAPEX loan for the production run

Bearing these things in mind how the fruit cake are you guys not a scam and either

1) FastTalked a respected member or
2) (just putting it out their so dont have a fit ) Paid Cypherdoc off

It just does not make ANY SENSE whats soever KNC after an initial start did and do CC

Intrested to hear from both Cypherdoc & Hashfast rep to reply to my vaild questions :/

We *fully* understand miner skepticism towards ASIC companies.  It is rational and justified.

Re: why sales instead of equity, HashFast is not the first technology company Simon &I have founded in Silicon Valley (see www.Devicescape.com).  
There are critical differences between companies that start out by selling pieces of themselves and companies that start out by making products their customers want.  
It defines who your #1 priority is, for one.

Roughly 90% of HashFast is owned by us and the people who work here - and the other 10% is by our families and friends.  
Further, everyone here including ourselves is subject to a 4-year vesting schedule.  
Which means that what comes of this to any of us is dependent on creating long term value.

Re: why BTC (only)- we support BTC and are using it for as much of our business as possible.
We are aware that this is costing us sales. That's OK.

Re: 'how are you different', we feel it's best to let  the miners who have visited our offices in person speak to that.

Eduardo deCastro
Founder and CEO, HashFast

I find the explanation why you have not brought a company to the IPO stage in your earlier career, poor client relationship management, and lack of integrity.

We can imply that your team is not well recognized in the venture capital circle, as no VC is willing to back your venture, so you have to fund yourself by pre-selling.  (see blue) We know that there are thousands of VC fund in the Valley, and no one wants to back you. Not a sign to be a winner.

We can see you cannot control your impulsiveness, as you keep posting before everything is prepared. You are very lack of discipline. Another factor will bring a hardware manufacturer to delaying again and again.

Conclusion:  HashFast, the LOSER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:51:32 AM

Putting on a fresh pot of coffee,  Simon's on his way Smiley

Eduardo deCastro

I've got a real question; as far as the MPP goes is ROI going to be calculated in BTC or USD.  I think a lot of people expect that since payment is being made in BTC that ROI will be calculated in BTC but it is ambiguous in your original announcement of the program.  Clearly there are different risks/benefits for both you and the customer depending on which you choose.  Which is it and can we expect a more concrete documentation of the exact terms of the MPP at some point?  I'm trying to decide if I want to hold my BTC or invest in more mining hardware and this would be one consideration in my thinking.

Can you do future Q&As in another venue that doesn't devolve into people posting pictures of dirty carpet and droning on endlessly about PayPal, CC's and the evis of bitcoin only pre-orders?
Simon Barber

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:16:14 AM

What actually happens in a "mock tapeout"? Do they just check for problems or something?
Exactly that - they require a 'mock tapeout' before the real thing in order to check for simple mistakes. Things like that the metalization layers for the macros we have included (e.g. licensed temperature sensor) match up with the rest of the chip, and with what's on our order.
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:45:47 AM

With regards to the MPP, will HF offer assembly into baby jets or Sierras and if so what will the assembly price be for a BabyJet case.
firsttimeuser

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:08:55 AM

Dear HashFast your answers will make our "little mining co-op" stronger Wink

Hi,

I have a few questions of behalf of our "little mining co-op that could":

1. Please give us more info on the Miner Protection Program. Anything you can share is appreciated but a lot of us have put our faith in your statements and incurred fees and lost opportunity costs so that we could put BTC/$ towards helping your launch and ordering our own B1 units. Some of us risk cold nights on the couch if we look stupid (well, stupider than usual) to our significant others.
2. Is this Mid Tower rack mountable - as in integrated or add-on sliding rails? If you're serious about this being a commercial device, it needs to be rackmountable & slideable so that it doesn't need special considerations - like the non-elegant platform method.
3. Any update on the shipping zip code for outbound shipments? As a Group Buy coordinator let's just say this is useful info.  Wink
4. What kind of upgradeability, if any, will the stock B1 units have by themselves? Can we double capacity? Do we need to buy bare PC modules? I say this because we all have to be honest about the brutal Darwinian nature of Moore's Law applied to ASIC manufacturing, Satoshi's elegant algorithms, and the marketplace.
5. Also, what type/wattage PSU do we need to do to overclock these sweet lil babies?

Cheers & I wish you all well. A lot of us want to support domestic BTC mining machine manufacturing and I, for one, took the step from dithering on several mfgs. to going to full blown organizer mode to be part of a low cost GB on your B1 launch.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:34:57 AM

Eduardo deCastro

"It's -on-"? What is on? The thread-starter frenzy?

Does the HashFast crew really has to start 5 new threads per day?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:15:28 PM

Eduardo deCastro

"It's -on-"? What is on? The thread-starter frenzy?

Does the HashFast crew really has to start 5 new threads per day?

I cant decide which i like less a company like terrahash that does not talk to their customers or all these new companies with multiple threads saying "Order from us".

The community will only fall for so many pre-orders.  At this point..... i think if a company does not have product or chips to sell they are better off waiting and selling at higher price once they truly have something.

I should have gone for a degree in CAD.... it seems that if you draw it and looks good they will come.  Insert cad rendering "HASHFASTER 4.0" who wants to pre-order?  We can render it when someone "goes to get coffee"!   
Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:02:47 PM

Whats the hand print on the carpet
I'm not sure that's a human hand print.  Looks almost like racoon.  Given it's in CA, and the relaxation of the Service Animal definitions, maybe it's from somebody's Service Racoon.

Seriously, it looks like a baby's handprint, crawling on the carpet.  Open employee culture.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:05:17 PM

Alright, you got me you cybersleuths. It was a yeti.

Loredo

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:08:41 PM

Alright, you got me you cybersleuths. It was a yeti.
That fits.  Northern CA is bigfoot country.  And I hope it wasn't a baby's handprint.  I had a girlfriend one time who worked for Smithsonian.  She wouldn't walk barefoot on a carpet; claimed the fire retardants in commercial carpeting were carcinogenic.  Anthropologist, trained at Berkeley.

Okay, I'm done with levity and thread hijacking.  Back to business, everybody.
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:12:19 PM

Back to business, everybody.

Alright.. so.. well.. it's on!  Huh

Loredo

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:23:27 PM

Actually, I think it's off, now.  You can't expect executives to hang around now; it's only 8AM in CA. 

I just get a worse feeling all the time about things. 

BFL pulls off another layer of ponzi to keep the industry in disrepute. 

Everybody keeps to variously spun pre-orders, with attendant learned explanations why There Es No Other Vay. 

The network flirts with a half peta hash, and ASICminer is down to around 8% of that right now.  Unknown-origin hash power is at an all time high.

There's evidently a huge amount of ninja chips coming now, and continuing to come, onto the network.

Feds are beginning to sniff at bitcoin in earnest.  Taxation law can't be far behind.  The exchanges are under pressure.  And, still, nobody uses the feckin' coins in a big way, so the outside world continues to see it all as one big boondoggle.

The good news is She's finally dressed and ready for brunch, so that makes it Sunday morning.  So it's all good.  I'll try to pay for brunch with BTC, and let you-all know how that works out. 
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:37:09 PM

Actually, I think it's off, now.  You can't expect executives to hang around now; it's only 8AM in CA. 

Everybody keeps to variously spun pre-orders, with attendant learned explanations why There Es No Other Vay. 

The network flirts with a half peta hash, and ASICminer is down to around 8% of that right now.  Unknown-origin hash power is at an all time high.

There's evidently a huge amount of ninja chips coming now, and continuing to come, onto the network.

Feds are beginning to sniff at bitcoin in earnest.  Taxation law can't be far behind.  The exchanges are under pressure.  And, still, nobody uses the feckin' coins in a big way, so the outside world continues to see it all as one big boondoggle.

The good news is She's finally dressed and ready for brunch, so that makes it Sunday morning.  So it's all good.  I'll try to pay for brunch with BTC, and let you-all know how that works out. 

Do not forget to get spare BTC on the way Smiley
http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/16/bitcoin-atm-funds-first-run/

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:41:01 PM

Actually, I think it's off, now.  You can't expect executives to hang around now; it's only 8AM in CA.  

The network flirts with a half peta hash, and ASICminer is down to around 8% of that right now.  Unknown-origin hash power is at an all time high.

Feds are beginning to sniff at bitcoin in earnest.  Taxation law can't be far behind.  The exchanges are under pressure.  And, still, nobody uses the feckin' coins in a big way, so the outside world continues to see it all as one big boondoggle.

The good news is She's finally dressed and ready for brunch, so that makes it Sunday morning.  So it's all good.  I'll try to pay for brunch with BTC, and let you-all know how that works out.  

Do not forget to get spare BTC on the way Smiley
http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/16/bitcoin-atm-funds-first-run/

hey, hey, that's a pre-order!  must be a scam!

actually, that ATM is going to be a real hit.  i used to think they were an anachronism but now i think they have a chance to blow the doors off this thing called Bitcoin.
HashFast (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:08:48 AM

How confident of shipping to customers are you if you have not taped out yet.

Very confident.

We are currently conducting a mock tapeout, and have already sent our GDS-II to the fab.

We are very very close to final tapeout.

-John

What does that mean? I thought "tapeout" just meant sending files to the fab. What actually happens in a "mock tapeout"? Do they just check for problems or something?

I don't doubt that you'll get your chip on time... I'm just curious about what the actual process entails.

Im not an engineer, and Simon might have to weight in here, but during a 'mock tapeout', we send files over to the fab, and they run some verifications against them.

-John

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:13:35 AM

hey, hey, that's a pre-order!  must be a scam!

actually, that ATM is going to be a real hit.  i used to think they were an anachronism but now i think they have a chance to blow the doors off this thing called Bitcoin.

Being able to buy bitcoin for cash would be pretty useful, given how much of a PITA it can be to deal with banking b.s.

minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:15:37 AM

John, when will you post the order list publicly? I notice you've removed that from the site now.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
HashFast (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:16:35 AM

Hi Everyone,
We launched HashFast.com/blog.

-John

monsters4r

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:36:19 AM

This is a view of the shop floor of our assembly house:

-John

WOW ! Very busy peoples ......

but .... can I see ONE evidence that the product is real ?

The store says 125 BJ on stock. Why it's difficult for you take a photo of this 125 pieces on stock ?

Without an evidence my opinion is that this is a SCAM.

--- APOM - Anti Pre-Order Movement ---
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:50:16 AM

+1
BTW a bitcoin ATM will end badly.  As in I put my 100 in but that's not my wallet.  Go prove otherwise and give me back my money.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: