Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:40:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is bitcoin over? what should I do? please, help me. I need advice...  (Read 242 times)
maze333 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:12:17 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 02:48:25 AM by maze333

This message is from South Korea. A few month ago, I was interested in Bitcoin and I searched and googled cryptocurrency. It was amazing and surprised. After that, I got to know lots of cryptocurrency coins. I thought that cryptocucurrency will be the center of the 4th industrial revolution. As time goes by, value of cryptocurrency has increased. I started invest in value of bitcoin, Ethereum and some altcoins. However, as I purchased coins, coin markets are down likes ski slope. In Korea, a lot of people purchased cryptocurrency on speculation. I was so sick of speculation. However, cryptocurrency was a hope and light of the middle class. Some people made a lot of money. Cryptocurrency speculation was overheated in Korea. Compare with cryptocurrency world market, Korea market is very higher. We called it Kimchi premium(korean market coins are 30% higher than world market). However, if someone makes money, someone must lose. I heard that only top 1% control cryptocurrency market. It was so sad. If it is true, the value of cryptocurrency was not fair as new currency. I invested in bitcoin, ethereum, etc for their value and future. However, because of overheated market, I also became a speculator. I had invested in all the mountains such as money for marriage, house and parents' money. After, I lose everything, I regret and figure out that how I was stupid. Still a lot of people believe that cryptocurrency will make people rich. People believes that high risk makes high return. It migh be true. I hope that people should invest in value of cryptocurrency not for money. I want cryptocurrency help change people's mind. And someday, I hope bitcoin, ethereum and altcoins are settle in world currency. Also, please don't make same mistake just like me.
Please advice me and help me that how can I recover some money?
Thanks for reading and please advice me.

If I can go back to 2009, I will trade couple of pizza to bitcoin. Just if....
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:33:21 AM

This message is from South Korea. A few month ago, I was interested in Bitcoin and I searched and googled cryptocurrency. It was amazing and surprised. After that, I got to know lots of cryptocurrency coins. I thought that cryptocucurrency will be the center of the 4th industrial revolution. As time goes by, value of cryptocurrency has increased. I started invest in value of bitcoin, Ethereum and some altcoins. However, as I purchased coins, coin markets are down likes ski slope. In Korea, a lot of people purchased cryptocurrency on speculation. I was so sick of speculation. However, cryptocurrency was a hope and light of the middle class. Some people made a lot of money. Cryptocurrency speculation was overheated in Korea. Compare with cryptocurrency world market, Korea market is very higher. We called it Kimchi premium(korean market coins are 30% higher than world market). However, if someone makes money, someone must lose. I heard that only top 1% control cryptocurrency market. It was so sad. If it is true, the value of cryptocurrency was not fair as new currency. I invested in bitcoin, ethereum, etc for their value and future. However, because of overheated market, I also became a speculator. I had invested in all the mountains such as money for marriage, house and parents' money. After, I lose everything, I regret and figure out that how I was stupid. Still a lot of people believe that cryptocurrency will make people rich. People believes that high risk makes high return. It migh be true. I hope that people should invest in value of cryptocurrency not for money. I want cryptocurrency help change people's mind. And someday, I hope bitcoin, ethereum and altcoins are settle in world currency. Also, please don't make same mistake just like me.

The answer is no, bitcoin is not over. The entire market has been down basically. Just because we've seen drops doesn't mean the coin is completely out of it. Bitcoin has 10,000 dollars worth of value behind it. That should mean something to anyone who looks into it.

I understand that you lost a lot of money on bitcoin, which I think many people probably did as well. The thing is that the more people decide to sell, the more the price will tank. It's better to hold.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:42:53 AM

Bitcoin will never be over it is like saying again from past that botcoin is a bubble or it is some kind of fud. On the month of August 2017 this kind of things happen too that from $4k value of bitcoin it goes down from down to $1k but after that bitcoins recovery get skyrocket like it never anything happened before. Well, if you doubt about it, make sure you don't regret it. If something like that happens again I will keep trust and holding bitcoin.
nokati

Activity: 312
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 12:43:52 AM

you only lose, if you have already sold it. btc will go up as new users want to get rich fast and fall because of the weakhands, but then it will reach the stand ground as people like me dont sell no matter what the price is and want to wait till btc become the world currency. Dont invest 100% of everything you have in btc or in any other thing for that matter.

BennyOnions

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:48:10 AM

Have faith.  The market chages so quickly.  We might be on the opposite side of things next week.  Ride it out

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1652489)
BtcBling

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:49:00 AM

No, the Bitcoin is not over. Even though the market value of Bitcoin and other altcoins are on a downward slope, it doesn't mean it is over. It happened to it before then after that the market value of Bitcoin trends up high fast. Cryptocurrencies are the future. I compare Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as the Bittorrent in virtual currencies. Napster and Physical banking system are the same, they are centralized, if someone breaks the central system it's over. That's how to differ Cryptocurrencies and Bittorrent, they are decentralized technology and it is impossible to break.

1apps

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:54:43 AM

BTC was nothing but an NSA project, it's never going to run anything but catch drug dealers and terrorists, it's slow and expensive due to it's a toy crypto program.

You want to learn about crypto and the future, the future crypto highway is being built by THE PROPHET

It's about 10 Billion in super AI level computers with real crypto chartered out of the Caymans and the investors are the FOUNDERS

They run the world soon

www.Prophet.business

Oh, the guy hit every major quake the past 20 years with his alogrithms, many in Asia know of him.

peter.from.penn

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:58:58 AM

The blockchain technology used in cryptocurrencies will change the world.  However, no one knows the future of Bitcoin or any altcoin.  I personally think that altcoins that are backed by solid companies will have the best chance of long-term survival.  You said that you lost a lot of money, but please remember that you only lose when you sell.  The market will most likely recover and have a much larger market cap in the future.
maze333 (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:08:11 AM

In korea, coin market reguation is very strict. These regulation influenced coin market. that's so sad T T
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:21:10 AM

Bitcoin is over? i dont think so. the price is playing at 10,000 - 11,000. All i can say is bitcoin is at a healthy correction now. If the bitcoin prices reaches 0 then all of the created crypto is useless. that is the time bitcoin is useless

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:34:39 AM

Bitcoin is over? i dont think so. the price is playing at 10,000 - 11,000. All i can say is bitcoin is at a healthy correction now. If the bitcoin prices reaches 0 then all of the created crypto is useless. that is the time bitcoin is useless

Yeah bitcoin is not over and it will never come to the word "OVER" because bitcoin is alive and kicking. Cool Those market crashes and huge dips are normal for the crypto currency world and if you study the graphs of bitcoin way back you'll know and understand what am I saying.  Grin
michellee

Activity: 2786
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:40:40 AM

like everybody said, I will say bitcoin is not over, it is just a beginning that bitcoin has got a deep impact especially from the government but bitcoin will still survive because it gives a new hope for the people and I don't think that people will let this go without any benefits that they could get.

and if your purpose is to invest in cryptocurrency then you should hold the coins until the time comes for you to release the funds from the coins. and if you want to take your profit, then sell ONLY small part amount which you can get your investment money back so you still have the coins for a long-term investment.

Crown1

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:41:15 AM

Bitcoin is still not over, and I think it's a wise decision to still hold it, not to invest all your money in an encrypted currency. My friend,

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3841

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:42:14 AM

However, because of overheated market, I also became a speculator. I had invested in all the mountains such as money for marriage, house and parents' money.
That's where you fucked up, mate.

With that said, bitcoin isn't over. We are just back to at around the same price we had back in early December/late November. The thing is, most people think that bitcoin's price just goes up like forever. Market corrections are very normal, just like in whatever market. You just simply bought at the wrong time, and it doesn't automatically mean you're investment is done. If you still have money to live decently, I suggest holding on to your coins and wait for it to rise or at least even breakeven in your buy price so it won't affect you much.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
theedm09ka

Activity: 250
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:44:39 AM

I think we are not in the bottom yet. the name of the game is "buy the rumors, sell the news". unfortunately we had FUD after FUD after FUD. what we need is strong rumors before crypto investors pour their money back to cryptoland. thing is, we dont have any good rumors

we might go down as low as $9000 or $10000 but I'm very certain market will recover. i just dont know when

and you should never invest money you cant afford to lose. this is number 1 rule of investment. I only invested 25% of what I have in my bank account because that's the amount of money I can afford to lose (the remaining 75% of my savings, i need it for other things)
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:54:47 AM

How exactly did you lose your money? Did you sell your coins at a loss? Neither Bitcoin nor Ethereum has crashed to nothing, and they're certainly still much better off than they were a year ago. What you have to remember is that you haven't lost a dime until you sell at a loss. I believe the price will rebound, but that's just me, and I'm financially secure either way.

The lesson to be had here is that you should only invest what you can afford to lose. Cryptocurrency is driven by speculation, so you're basically gambling. No one should be gambling their life savings or other people's money away.

As for the advice part, if you still have your coins, HODL, and sell once you break even or get a small profit. The entire market is down, but it's bound to rebound eventually. If you have already sold at massive losses, the best advice I can probably give you is to stay away; you obviously aren't cut out for this.

vhiancs

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

--=oOo=--

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:06:02 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 02:26:37 AM by vhiancs

keep calm dude don't panic and do not be surprised if the bitcoin price drop this month it's because of the panic selling in market, no one knows when the bitcoin will end or disappeare. I suggest, If you want to recover your money well this is the chance to buy a bitcoin in a low price do not waste the opportunity. instead of selling your bitcoin hold it and wait until the bitcoin price will increase to gain profit.
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:08:46 AM

You lose money only when you sell. This is the first lesson to learn. If you have sold and the price has gone up again, then there is little you can do to recover the loss. If you never sell, you hold until you are REALLY HAPPY to sell, then you gain and become happy.

Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:27:55 AM

What you can do now is just hold what is left to your bitcoin account and wait for the price to go up again. There's nothing you can do now because you already invested all the money that you have including those that are intended for you marriage etc. Next time invest only the money that you can afford to lose.

inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:29:49 AM

I recommend starting today to stop looking at bitcoin market within 1 month ahead.
because this will make you anxious and panicked.
and you can look back at the market in February.
Have a nice day.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: