Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:14:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b)  (Read 12712 times)
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:47:35 PM

Can anyone fully explain how a mining PPS payout system works?  I've always done pplns.  I think I understand the concept but I want to be sure.  The pool pays you per share regardless of the number of blocks its mined right?  How do you know what the payout per share is?  Is there a short term benefit to mining a pps pool that finds a lot of blocks vs one that doesn't (i.e. luxor vs siamining)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:49:24 PM

Has anyone reported power usage of a underclocked A3 yet ? I would like to know what would the power usage if we underclock to 525/550/575 etc. Thanks.

I have 2 A3's running at 525, would like to know the power usage, sorry i don't have killawatt. Thanks.

Changing from default 600 to 550 dropped consumed watts by about 100w measured at the wall: 1350 down to 1250 +/- 100w on big swings.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
mousehouse

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:53:25 PM

Has anyone reported power usage of a underclocked A3 yet ? I would like to know what would the power usage if we underclock to 525/550/575 etc. Thanks.

I have 2 A3's running at 525, would like to know the power usage, sorry i don't have killawatt. Thanks.

Changing from default 600 to 550 dropped consumed watts by about 100w measured at the wall: 1350 down to 1250 +/- 100w on big swings.
I played a bit with frequencies and saw less HW errors at 550 and 581. However, temperatures were higher at 581 versus "default" (~ 73 versus 69). I've now set it fixed at 600 instead of default, let's see how that goes :-)
jrc209

Activity: 267
Merit: 4

jrc209

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:20:49 PM

selling and A3 without psu will use escrow $3750
LeoTheLazy

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:55:48 PM

anyone know of a simple sound proof setup that doesn't require venting air outside?

I don't know, They're so loud I can hear it on the second floor from the basement. It's intolerable.

There are good YouTube videos on silencing Antminers.  Two options, use a cooler or just get a large plastic tub at Home Depot/Hardware store.  Use insulated ducting to suck air in and exhaust out.  Pack enclosure with fiberglass or acoustic foam.  Do put some type of filter on the air intake.  I had to scramble to get one put together yesterday but it really cuts down on noise.

im not very crafty when it comes to these things, is there a video on this method?  im cluelless as to what i should buy when i walk into home depot.
R0mi

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:36:46 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 12:12:05 AM by R0mi

anyone know of a simple sound proof setup that doesn't require venting air outside?

I don't know, They're so loud I can hear it on the second floor from the basement. It's intolerable.

There are good YouTube videos on silencing Antminers.  Two options, use a cooler or just get a large plastic tub at Home Depot/Hardware store.  Use insulated ducting to suck air in and exhaust out.  Pack enclosure with fiberglass or acoustic foam.  Do put some type of filter on the air intake.  I had to scramble to get one put together yesterday but it really cuts down on noise.

im not very crafty when it comes to these things, is there a video on this method?  im cluelless as to what i should buy when i walk into home depot.

Get two of these (Antminer shroud on Amazon):

https://smile.amazon.com/Antminer-120mm-Duct-Cooling-Shroud/dp/B01LXZ8EUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517085678&sr=8-1&keywords=antminer+shroud

Get some 4" x 12 or 25' insulated ducting like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FK8RG0E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Get some 4" clamps or very long zip ties, or use both:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083GC8TO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  (much cheaper through homedepot.com or at the store)

Get something like this to filter the air intake:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AFRIVNQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The either buy the cheapest cooler with thick stryofoam walls, or buy bins like these (under $10 for top and bottom at home depot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMdiKm2tKPA

You'll need to do some rough measurements of the where the A3 sits and where its fan ports are when set inside the cooler/bin.

Then you'll need to get your drill out.  I used a 4 1/4 hole saw (Milwaukee tools but I don't think it matters).  Drill a pilot hole first (flip the hole saw and put the flat side against the bin/cooler to mark where the center needs to go.  Hold the drill with both hands, iron tight grip, and very lightly touch the plastic side of the cooler/bin.  If you don't grip the drill like a bastard, or if you press hard against the plastic, your drill will jump up and away which is dangerous.  Go lightly, lightly.  Only takes a second to drill your holes.  Sand the ragged plastic around the holes.  Hold your drill with both hands.

You need to drill a smaller hole closer to top side (one side only) to snake in your Ethernet cable + all power cables.  I put the PSU on top of the box; it's plastic, non-conductive and sturdy enough.

Put eggshell acoustic foam on the inside.  Or, I sprayed a bunch of 3M 90 and then brought two tiny rolls of pink fiberglass at home depot.  I stuck fiberglass under the lid using the 3M glue.  I put some fiberglass on the bottom, under the A3, when I lightly placed fiberglass on the sides and one more layer put loosely on the top.  Fiberglass cuts down sound better if you do not compress it.  Just put it lightly where it needs to go.

Shut the lid.

I didn't actually get my Antminer shrouds in time, so I don't have those in place, but the noise reduction is very, very good.  I've got my filtered air intake shroud right by a window opening so that it can suck in cool air.  

Youtube, type in "antminer silencer"

Use a cooler, or bins like the one show in this video https://youtu.be/QMdiKm2tKPA

Cooler method:  

https://youtu.be/HhNS2ElN5Mk

https://youtu.be/QfMrOjezl7k

https://youtu.be/iS5nqMvcLDo

https://youtu.be/1uA3c9fjOSc

Or, spend 2x 3x what the parts cost and just buy the same thing on ebay.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
LeoTheLazy

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:31:39 AM

Get two of these (Antminer shroud on Amazon):

https://smile.amazon.com/Antminer-120mm-Duct-Cooling-Shroud/dp/B01LXZ8EUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517085678&sr=8-1&keywords=antminer+shroud

Get some 4" x 12 or 25' insulated ducting like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FK8RG0E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Get some 4" clamps or very long zip ties, or use both:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083GC8TO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  (much cheaper through homedepot.com or at the store)

Get something like this to filter the air intake:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AFRIVNQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The either buy the cheapest cooler with thick stryofoam walls, or buy bins like these (under $10 for top and bottom at home depot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMdiKm2tKPA

You'll need to do some rough measurements of the where the A3 sits and where its fan ports are when set inside the cooler/bin.

Then you'll need to get your drill out.  I used a 4 1/4 hole saw (Milwaukee tools but I don't think it matters).  Drill a pilot hole first (flip the hole saw and put the flat side against the bin/cooler to mark where the center needs to go.  Hold the drill with both hands, iron tight grip, and very lightly touch the plastic side of the cooler/bin.  If you don't grip the drill like a bastard, or if you press hard against the plastic, your drill will jump up and away which is dangerous.  Go lightly, lightly.  Only takes a second to drill your holes.  Sand the ragged plastic around the holes.  Hold your drill with both hands.

You need to drill a smaller hole closer to top side (one side only) to snake in your Ethernet cable + all power cables.  I put the PSU on top of the box; it's plastic, non-conductive and sturdy enough.

Put eggshell acoustic foam on the inside.  Or, I sprayed a bunch of 3M 90 and then brought two tiny rolls of pink fiberglass at home depot.  I stuck fiberglass under the lid using the 3M glue.  I put some fiberglass on the bottom, under the A3, when I lightly placed fiberglass on the sides and one more layer put loosely on the top.  Fiberglass cuts down sound better if you do not compress it.  Just put it lightly where it needs to go.

Shut the lid.

I didn't actually get my Antminer shrouds in time, so I don't have those in place, but the noise reduction is very, very good.  I've got my filtered air intake shroud right by a window opening so that it can suck in cool air.  

Youtube, type in "antminer silencer"

Use a cooler, or bins like the one show in this video https://youtu.be/QMdiKm2tKPA

Cooler method:  

https://youtu.be/HhNS2ElN5Mk

https://youtu.be/QfMrOjezl7k

https://youtu.be/iS5nqMvcLDo

https://youtu.be/1uA3c9fjOSc

Or, spend 2x 3x what the parts cost and just buy the same thing on ebay.

I appreciate the reply

Would I be able to buy any of that stuff asap at home depot/walmart?
starrybasic

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:46:37 AM

It is negative 10 degree outside, and A3 is running in storage space near window.

Default frequency / 90% fan

FCB temp 35-38
Chip temp 58-64

each hashing board, 30 HW per hour

what is the lowest possible temperature A3 can operate?
I'm not sure, though I ran it outdoor for couple of hours when temperature was negative 17.
Chip temp was mid forty, and there was some HW error still.
R0mi

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:42:05 AM

I appreciate the reply

Would I be able to buy any of that stuff asap at home depot/walmart?

Almost all of it is at Home Depot.  Coolers are sold there, 4" clamps -- go to the dryer aisle they are about $1, bins + fiberglass are there if you don't want a cooler, 4" or 6" insulated ducting is there, 4" 1/4 or 6" hole saws are there, the only item that is not there is the "Antminer Shroud" but it's not absolutely necessary.  You'll see on YouTube that some people use them, and I think that's a better approach, but others do not.

shutefight

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:01:53 AM

I making Bitmain my hate enemy. They drive big carrot to my anoose. I not mining this coin from no plug. Now quiet miner make my family eat just rice and I sell them lie of making Sia and getting meat. Bitmain will get poop package. I'm swearing to you.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:04:24 AM

I making Bitmain my hate enemy. They drive big carrot to my anoose. I not mining this coin from no plug. Now quiet miner make my family eat just rice and I sell them lie of making Sia and getting meat. Bitmain will get poop package. I'm swearing to you.

Comment of the year!
badger88

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:46:34 AM

Cool Cool Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I am dying lolololol
mady_qt

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:03:35 AM

LOL
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:30:03 AM

Comment of the year!

Yea. But I feel sorry for family having father who invested food money in mining equipment.

@shutefight  How about spending the rent money as well to buy few more miners ... perhaps the situation gets better  Grin 

r01k

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:05:50 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 04:33:11 AM by r01k

Now that's an epicly hilarious comment.
shutefight

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:23:59 AM

Comment of the year!

Yea. But I feel sorry for family having father who invested food money in mining equipment.

@shutefight  How about spending the rent money as well to buy few more miners ... perhaps the situation gets better  Grin 
Help me make you understand. I sell chickens at good profit. I makes  smart decision. Making chicken coop empty for mining farm. Good good. Wife is yes to this. Then I get quiet miner from no plug. Bitmain making hate to me from my wife. Now empty chicken coup is sleeping place for shutefight. I am revenge now.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:44:25 AM

Comment of the year!

Help me make you understand. I sell chickens at good profit. I makes  smart decision. Making chicken coop empty for mining farm. Good good. Wife is yes to this. Then I get quiet miner from no plug. Bitmain making hate to me from my wife. Now empty chicken coup is sleeping place for shutefight. I am revenge now.
Please guys, reply, keep him posting....

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:50:15 AM

Comment of the year!

@shutefight  How about spending the rent money as well to buy few more miners ... perhaps the situation gets better  Grin  
Help me make you understand. I sell chickens at good profit. I makes  smart decision. Making chicken coop empty for mining farm. Good good. Wife is yes to this. Then I get quiet miner from no plug. Bitmain making hate to me from my wife. Now empty chicken coup is sleeping place for shutefight. I am revenge now.
Please guys, reply, keep him posting....

the guys English is sOOOOO bad, I have a hard time believing he is NOT legit.... Smiley I mean, if he was faking, it could not be that indecipherable right? (or how my logic on this works)

IF you are legit..go to a local electrician he can make you a temp power cord that will last more than long enough to order a proper cord at 220v. At least till you order some more.

but yeah, I want this guy to get into the details on how his A3 runs/ and the wife/ and the rest...with the bad English explanation on the thread here....it will be a hoot!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
letitbegood

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:43:23 AM

Comment of the year!

This may be the comment of the century!  Man, I don't mean to laugh but this is some funny shit!
alpha-miner

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:31:25 PM

Bitmain is offering $800 coupon for obelisk coupon holders. https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech/status/957620387558260736

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: