Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:49:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b)  (Read 12712 times)
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:18:59 AM

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180116164357365a2ljX8gx06D3

Looks like 815GH/s with Blake(2b) using 1275W. Starting at $2375/each. Depending on the calculator, having 1 right now would earn between $200 and $475 per day. Obviously, those numbers can change a lot before you actually get one in-hand.

Also: https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech/status/953498092841590784

"We are proud and happy to announce that we are launching the Antminer A3, a new Antminer model to mine cryptocurrencies using the hashing algorithm Blake(2b).
The actual price and option to buy will be available here https://[Suspicious link removed]/12WLPp  after 2:30PM (17 Jan, GMT+8)."

-Bitmain

Interesting Money making machine.  When it will be put on sale ?

Do you own a DeLorean?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnny_blaze

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:23:09 AM

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180116164357365a2ljX8gx06D3

Looks like 815GH/s with Blake(2b) using 1275W. Starting at $2375/each. Depending on the calculator, having 1 right now would earn between $200 and $475 per day. Obviously, those numbers can change a lot before you actually get one in-hand.

Also: https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech/status/953498092841590784

"We are proud and happy to announce that we are launching the Antminer A3, a new Antminer model to mine cryptocurrencies using the hashing algorithm Blake(2b).
The actual price and option to buy will be available here https://[Suspicious link removed]/12WLPp  after 2:30PM (17 Jan, GMT+8)."

-Bitmain

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2guwhuv.jpg

Interesting Money making machine.  When it will be put on sale ?

Do you own a DeLorean?

as you can see - no SD card slot visible...
FNT

Activity: 75
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 06:17:09 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2018, 09:10:29 AM by FNT

Hi!

There is/should be one on the board (beagleboard black) at the opposite side under the metal plate cover... ;-)

BYe, FNT

Edit: of course you're searching for a micro SD slot... ;-)

Trading with neural networks... https://forexneurotrader.com
johnny_blaze

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:54:13 AM

Hi!

There is/should be one on the board (beagleboard black) at the opposite side under the metal plate cover... ;-)

BYe, FNT

Thank you, FNT!
I will check
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:34:56 AM

does anyone use the cooler funnel method to cool/silence their A3 or other asic?

if you do, can precipitation like snow/rain or even dust particles affect the miner if the intake is sucking these things from your window?

In theory? Yes, but it's not likely unless the machine is like right near the intake source/window. In practice? If you're concerned, make sure the intake duct isn't perfectly straight and maybe add a vent cap (they're cheap) and/or an inline filter.
isukabtc

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:47:44 PM

Holy hashrate, Bitmain!

My theory with drop in difficulty lately it's my initial A3 buyers decided to sell the units on ebay etc and the units were not running while being shipped. Now they are all coming back online and difficultly will return.

The drop in difficulty was due to block times.  This spike, whatever it is, is equivalent to 3600ish A3's being turned on.

Yes. Confirm the calculation of ~ 3400-3600 A3s coming online within very short timeframe, ie. 2hrs. If this is the source, then only one capable of that is BM.

There's been a decent amount of speculation as to why Bitmain is selling batch 2 at such low prices. Look at what Halong Mining claims*** to do (they still have not shipped a single unit of their SHA256 miner to date so this is very TBD) with a miner that can hash SHA256 at 16TH/s, slightly higher than the S9. If they are now claiming that they have a Sia miner at 3.5TH, I would not be surprised if Bitmain has an "A3+", "A5", whatever you want to call it around the corner. I don't think Bitmain is dumping stock because of the SC1, I don't think they're dumping because of the B52... I think they've been able to massively iterate over their first Blake2b miner and are going to crank the game up a few notches here soon.

They are trying to beat everyone to market and unload stock.  They can manufacture 16nm ASIC miners at under $500 cost,,,, so they are hugely profitable. My speculation is they are trying to clear out warehouses to make room for new models to be available mid-year.
Due to their government rule, it maybe banned to mine in China. If they have to move it all to other country and got custom taxed to mine with the "same miner", its better to sell it all and put new generation miner for the new farm with better performance and make it "undervalue" since custom cant find price for it.
Dysmen

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:33:44 AM

A3 in stock on http://www.asicdistribution.co if anyone wants.
jchi2210

Activity: 442
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:34:36 AM

I have some Bitmain coupons for sale if anyone is interested. I have

13- $200 USD coupons
12- $125 USD coupons
26- $100 USD coupons
2  - $50   USD coupons

The $200 and $100 coupons are good until June, the $50 and the $125 are good until July!

30% off of the value. We can do them 1 at a time if it makes you feel safe. PM me for details. Cheers!

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:34:08 PM

For few days or maybe a week I'm trying to buy the A3 but it says that the miner A3 is sold out, maybe it was very fast the sale.

Based in some calculators it shows me that the profit within first month is around $10,556.49 ?? Is this true or just a fake advertisement that it has 800+Ghs or 800,000 Mhs?

I think that the most richest people in the world are the Bitmain employees and their bosses, because they are the first one which experiments with the mining rigs, they get the most of them, they run their miners in the very low harshrate difficulty making them earn more and faster.

The miner has been sold out since the first day it went on sale.  IMO one of the best ways to find out when a new miner will be listed is to follow Bitmain's twitter account and set your phone to notify you of all new tweets.  Those numbers though are based on current hashrate and difficulty (and more importantly, the coin's price).    That dollar figure will change daily.

By this it means that SIA coin will get very popular by the miners because the new generation of Antminers is making the buyers very rich in a very short period of time.

The estimated profit in dollars is very large but I think that the hashrate difficulty will increase too much which makes the other miners get a very low profit, In another article I've read that within a year or so another miner will be built which could generate larger amount of SIAs, maybe faster than the AntMiner A3. What could be the price of SIA in the upcoming months?
.F.

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:51:42 PM

For few days or maybe a week I'm trying to buy the A3 but it says that the miner A3 is sold out, maybe it was very fast the sale.

Based in some calculators it shows me that the profit within first month is around $10,556.49 ?? Is this true or just a fake advertisement that it has 800+Ghs or 800,000 Mhs?

I think that the most richest people in the world are the Bitmain employees and their bosses, because they are the first one which experiments with the mining rigs, they get the most of them, they run their miners in the very low harshrate difficulty making them earn more and faster.

The miner has been sold out since the first day it went on sale.  IMO one of the best ways to find out when a new miner will be listed is to follow Bitmain's twitter account and set your phone to notify you of all new tweets.  Those numbers though are based on current hashrate and difficulty (and more importantly, the coin's price).    That dollar figure will change daily.

By this it means that SIA coin will get very popular by the miners because the new generation of Antminers is making the buyers very rich in a very short period of time.

The estimated profit in dollars is very large but I think that the hashrate difficulty will increase too much which makes the other miners get a very low profit, In another article I've read that within a year or so another miner will be built which could generate larger amount of SIAs, maybe faster than the AntMiner A3. What could be the price of SIA in the upcoming months?

My question is: why did Bitmain pick Sia vs all the other coins? Do they have some inside information about its future success? All I see about Sia is the price plummeting and management representation on Reddit boards looking like a bunch of college kids who don't know what they're doing operationally.

I'm wondering if  Bitmain chose Sia because it was creating one of the only other mining platforms. They are effectively ruining the Obelisk's profit potential and knocking them out of the business.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:34:53 PM

My question is: why did Bitmain pick Sia vs all the other coins? Do they have some inside information about its future success? All I see about Sia is the price plummeting and management representation on Reddit boards looking like a bunch of college kids who don't know what they're doing operationally.

I'm wondering if  Bitmain chose Sia because it was creating one of the only other mining platforms. They are effectively ruining the Obelisk's profit potential and knocking them out of the business.

I think mainly because it is an algo that an ASIC exists for. There is speculation it was to undercut Obelisk, but I don't think that's the whole thing. I think they saw growth potential, and it being an unlimited coin, POS potential, and the ability to mine it with ASIC was there. I think they released when they did to beat Obelisk to market, though (which is also why I think the machines are so buggy)...
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:06:40 PM

They chose Sia because the Dev team is a joke. They also knew they could crush the inside game of the "obelisk miners" and eventually capture this Protocol for themselves. Bitmain is well into AI and will need a Data Storage protocol. I believe Bitmain is actually praying that the Sia crew is stupid enough to fork this thing. Then Bitmain will crush them and keep their Sia for themselves. Bitmain is a very intelligent Company. Sia....not.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
.F.

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:27:18 PM

They chose Sia because the Dev team is a joke. They also knew they could crush the inside game of the "obelisk miners" and eventually capture this Protocol for themselves. Bitmain is well into AI and will need a Data Storage protocol. I believe Bitmain is actually praying that the Sia crew is stupid enough to fork this thing. Then Bitmain will crush them and keep their Sia for themselves. Bitmain is a very intelligent Company. Sia....not.

So I totally agree - but wondering how they can capture Sia for themselves? Like, isn’t sia a company and not necessarily a coin? This is where I get confused...Litecoin and Bitcoin are not companies but Sia has a company behind it, so how would that all work? I’m obviously very new to this so sorry...
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:42:06 PM

You should learn more about deep learning before making such ridiculous claims.  AI requires data to be delivered quickly, not over a decentralized online storage system.
munchies859

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:03:02 AM

So I totally agree - but wondering how they can capture Sia for themselves? Like, isn’t sia a company and not necessarily a coin? This is where I get confused...Litecoin and Bitcoin are not companies but Sia has a company behind it, so how would that all work? I’m obviously very new to this so sorry...

The Sia dev team are currently the only ones working with it as far as I know.  However, like many other coins, it is an open source project that anyone can develop for.  Still though, the dev team basically controls the future of the coin since it doesn't serve much of a purpose without the interface that they are building.  Unless Bitmain wants to do all the development work themselves, I don't see how they could benefit from it.  They could attack the network in retaliation if there was a fork, but if there was a fork I think most people invested in Sia would move on with the forked coin.  It would be like Ethereum vs Ethereum Classic.  Bitmain could control the "Sia Classic" in this situation, but I doubt it would be worth much compared to the forked coin.

Personally, I don't think Bitmain cares about Sia one way or the other.  They saw that a new ASIC company was entering the market, and wanted to crush them before they could even ship a single miner.  While Obelisk is only currently developing Sia and Decred miners, if they were successful they could have made other miner that competed with Bitmain.  I would not be surprised if Bitmain came out with a Decred miner a month or so before Obelisk starts to ship theirs.  Obelisk has money now from all their preorders, but I can't see them staying in business if all of their miners are worthless before they ship.  People aren't going to get shafted twice.
Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:07:51 AM

[/quote]
Personally, I don't think Bitmain cares about Sia one way or the other.  They saw that a new ASIC company was entering the market, and wanted to crush them before they could even ship a single miner.  While Obelisk is only currently developing Sia and Decred miners, if they were successful they could have made other miner that competed with Bitmain.  I would not be surprised if Bitmain came out with a Decred miner a month or so before Obelisk starts to ship theirs.  Obelisk has money now from all their preorders, but I can't see them staying in business if all of their miners are worthless before they ship.  People aren't going to get shafted twice.
[/quote]

I am expecting a Bitmain Decred miner announcement any day now.... the DC3?  $2,000/each w/10 day delivery.  They would actually be remiss if they did not stomp out this Decred miner competition as well. Eventually, most every coin of any value will have their own ASIC miner developed. Its just too easy for Bitmain to develop the miner @ under $500/pc and absolutely crush all current GPUs mining the coin.  It's like taking candy from a baby.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
lhflyfeihong01

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:41:07 AM

Bitmain is destroying the Bitcoin and make the Bitcoin more and more centralized.
The Asic miner is a double-edged sword.
I really worry the feature of the Bitcoin.
Should we modify the POW??
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:44:26 PM

You should learn more about deep learning before making such ridiculous claims.  AI requires data to be delivered quickly, not over a decentralized online storage system.
So you think " data acquisition " from decentralized storage is "slow"? Idiot. I wonder who needs "learning". I suppose you also think that AI requires small amounts of data storage? That companies that develop AI, will house their own massive data centers to host the "small" amounts of data they will use?? HAHAHA! Fail

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
edwardBe

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:03:30 PM

While feeling sorry for myself for having bought an A3, I started poking around at siamining.com looking at the stats on their "top miners" page and came across the #1 miner:
https://siamining.com/addresses/0104ceeee0c1335e6770b9e620baa87615e1780ea1a5e6bca2df2651c92313f9c3aa56865535

This address has 415 workers, each of which is running at 3Th/s to 4Th/s producing overall around 840Th/s, generating 533,993.75 SC in the last 24 hours, which at the current (0632 PDT 4/27/18)  value of approximately $30 per 1K SC is 553 X 30 = $15,900 per day!

How is this possible? An A3 produces 840 Gh/s, so it seems like it would take 1,000 A3s to produce 840Th/s. Could this be Bitmain running their own (unavailable) miners that they have built to a 2 to 4 Th/s spec? Who else could do this?

Of course, even Bitmain has to pay for electricity, but I would tend to think they would locate their miners close to one of the massive hydroelectricity dams in China or have a monster solar farm to the west of Beijing in the Gobi desert or something equally wild.
Techman34

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 02:11:17 PM

While feeling sorry for myself for having bought an A3, I started poking around at siamining.com looking at the stats on their "top miners" page and came across the #1 miner:
https://siamining.com/addresses/0104ceeee0c1335e6770b9e620baa87615e1780ea1a5e6bca2df2651c92313f9c3aa56865535

This address has 415 workers, each of which is running at 3Th/s to 4Th/s producing overall around 840Th/s, generating 533,993.75 SC in the last 24 hours, which at the current (0632 PDT 4/27/18)  value of approximately $30 per 1K SC is 553 X 30 = $15,900 per day!

How is this possible? An A3 produces 840 Gh/s, so it seems like it would take 1,000 A3s to produce 840Th/s. Could this be Bitmain running their own (unavailable) miners that they have built to a 2 to 4 Th/s spec? Who else could do this?

Of course, even Bitmain has to pay for electricity, but I would tend to think they would locate their miners close to one of the massive hydroelectricity dams in China or have a monster solar farm to the west of Beijing in the Gobi desert or something equally wild.

Could also be Halong mining - there is a 3.83TH Sia miner called the B52 on their website.  Haven't seen any reviews on it yet, but you know how these ASIC companies mine before they sell so they are probably running many already.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: