Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:17:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rough Start  (Read 374 times)
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:03:06 PM

so far every year that I have seen bitcoin has started the year like this! with the same big drop in January and a little bit extended to first week of February even which will be the accumulation phase and then start soaring up.

last year in January price dropped from $1140 down to $917 (~20% drop) and stayed there until February 1st when it started rising back up again. same in 2016 and 2015,...

Pretty much, I've compared the drops and % of those drops from past years and at the time I was doing that the drop of january, this year, is at about half of what the % was back at 2016. But now it's a little more than a half at this time ($11k when I was making a post and it's $8.4k now).

Here's the post I've made about that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2794233.msg29195634#msg29195634

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
speem28 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:39:17 PM

Its rough start i guess for those whos in need to incash bitcoin.

If that's the case, people shouldn't invest to begin with. The main thing with investing is that you use money that you know of that you won't be needing it in the foreseeable future. If you invest with money that isn't mean to be invested, you're just a dumb ass. If you are man enough to pump that money into Bitcoin, then be man enough to sit this out and stop complaining. The general mentality here is that you can 'rich' just by investing in Bitcoin, where you'll be counting your profits a week or two later. Roll Eyes
That is just worse, people think that investing some of their money that is supposed to have a better use in their current situation are being risked in cryptocurrencies. People jumping into crypto thinking that it is a good way to escape financial problems and achieve the financial freedom they always wanted are careless. They should know beforehand that investing in crypto takes time before you see the fruits of your labor.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:12:33 PM

Despite the Bitcoin and Ethereum's rough start in the year 2018 as we can see the price of both cryptocurrencies dropping, bitcoin might hit $100,000 in 2018 according to Kay Van-Petersen who correctly predicted bitcoin's price on 2016 but reaching $100,000 would need to rally over 635% this year to reach that. Van-Petersen has a good track record where in December 2016, bitcoin was trading below $900 but he predicted it would hit $2000 in 2017, and it did! for less than six months later. He is also bullish on Ethereum thinking that it might outperform bitcoin, because it came after bitcoin and has a more unified relationship than it. He stands by his call and thinks that both cryptocurrencies will surge a new record this year.

I'm no TA expert to be honest, but I've been following analysis for quite some time now and its still 50/50 as far as hitting their predictions, although never heard of Kay Van-Petersen (probably missed him), but let's see how it goes. And those that I followed predicted that it bitcoin bottom at around $6K-$9K, then overtime it will rally and pick up and we can probably see all-time-high again. Pretty excited to see it though.

So this should give new adopters to cryptos the peace of mind they should have when they are seeing lots of coins dropping the price and panicking to sell their share to get back most of their investment. Keep the faith and be positive in your own investments. What are your thoughts about this?

Investors specially newbies, thought that crypto is the latest craze that can give me big money in short amount of time. Its a rude awakening that is not a quick rich scheme to they sold the minute they see the price is falling down. I'm very bullish about bitcoin so I'm optimistic that we can go overcome this crisis on road to another all-time-high.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Bitmore1

Activity: 57
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:26:09 PM

25k in march, 50k in july, 100k around november and december.

It will happen. 635% is nothing compared to 1600% in 2017.

i wanna say nah it won't happen no more but then i look at lightning network and how fast it is being adopted (1000+ channels) and see the potentials that LN is going to introduce to bitcoin and say 1600% is small for it.

That is EXACTLY what I am thinking.  

The LN could be as important as a halving, and I am serious because it will make it as usable as a currency, or better.  According to their advertising, LN will have several times the capacity of VISA, and inexpensive fees.  

BTC is already a store of value/wealth, but to move it into a currency level of transaction ease will be HUGE.

THAT could change a lot for BTC, and it will only take the time for the word to get out and all of a sudden, BTC makes a lot of sense.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:37:42 PM

25k in march, 50k in july, 100k around november and december.

It will happen. 635% is nothing compared to 1600% in 2017.

i wanna say nah it won't happen no more but then i look at lightning network and how fast it is being adopted (1000+ channels) and see the potentials that LN is going to introduce to bitcoin and say 1600% is small for it.

That is EXACTLY what I am thinking. 

The LN could be as important as a halving, and I am serious because it will make it as usable as a currency, or better.  According to their advertising, LN will have several times the capacity of VISA, and inexpensive fees.  THAT could change a lot for BTC, and it will only take the time for the word to get out and all of a sudden, BTC makes a lot of sense.

That would be great for the next halving and the lightning network can be applied, And during the dump of many panic seller I am just calm down and just chilling because I have seen how bitcoin struggle with this kind of things and like what the prediction may occur I might say let's just wait for that pump to come, I will say let's sit back and relax.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: