Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:16:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *Failed*[Group Buy] 1070ti BULK BUY straight to OEM  (Read 4162 times)
lbr

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:37:40 AM

To sum up.
The statement "1070 Ti with Kingston memory" is basically equivalent to "1070 Ti with Apple memory" or "1070 Ti with Microsoft memory" or "1070 Ti with HP memory".

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
sAj1420

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:50:26 AM

I can’t claim to know about the internal workings of a gpu so thank you for providing that. I’ll be sitting down with the OP in a few hours and will discuss this concern in person, and get back to you as soon as possible on the details.

...Which talked about different memory modules being used in the cards...

You see, that's the problem. I mean it's fine for you to not know the difference between memory module and memory chip and their manufacturers.

But for s1 selling 10000 GPUs directly from nVidia.. Like cptfisher said - it smells.
I mean you would expect at least some basic technical expertise, right?

Anyone who is in the GPU business for more than a month knows which memory nVidia and AMD uses.
And what's more suspicious, Kingston is not memory manufacturer. Meaning they buy memory chips and solder them onto PCBs, then sell this product, which is called "memory module".

nVidia and AMD cards have memory chips soldered directly to their GPU cards. New AMD GPUs even have memory on die with the core.

So yeah.. it is all alarming and ofc I don't understand how "sitting down" can really solve anything.
Escrow can, yes. But even then, freezing medium-large amount of money is not really good idea. Because money frozen on the bank account/escrow don't make more money.

I cant speak for the organizers, but I will do my best to try and clear it up today and report back to everyone.  We only spoke briefly on the phone and don't know anything about how they arranged the deal, other than it had something to do with memory. But I will absolutely find out.
lbr

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:01:15 PM

I cant speak for the organizers, but I will do my best to try and clear it up today and report back to everyone.  We only spoke briefly on the phone and don't know anything about how they arranged the deal, other than it had something to do with memory. But I will absolutely find out.

Everything can be cleared up/explained quite easily. Will it clear doubts and "smells" thats another question.

Here is reasonable explanation of Kingston memory on the GPUs from the top of my head.

Say nVidia has memory chips shortage. Now Kingston being memory modules manufacturer probably has some backchannels to memory chip manufacturers, right? ; )
So.. organizers of this group buy made a deal with Kingston to provide some memory chips(from Kingston warehouse or whatever) to nVidia to cover the shortage.
So.. organizers being businessman/sales ppl prly don't care about the technical details. But memory comes from Kingston, right?
Hence tthe statement GPUs will use Kingston memory Cheesy

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:09:02 PM

just a small question which I might have missed.

since they are not going to be branded, how would the Warranty issue be addressed?

We have a meeting 1pm tomorrow in NYC, will get back to everyone after  I can ask about warranty, drop dead date, and  samples.

Best,
Amir

Looks like samples are pretty much a necessity if this Kingston thing is true. I highly doubt they are involved with NVIDIA even with the memory shortage
lbr

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:11:21 PM

GPUs will prly look like this ; )

ark02 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:45:28 PM

Kingston does not manufacture memory chips... Kingston manufactures MODULES from 3rd parties chips............

just from this detail this smells of scam.

Thank you for this, we will ask at 1PM ET today. If anyone has any other well researched questions like this please get them in by 12PM ET today. That's about 3 hrs and 20m from now

Best,
Amir
tunth

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:37:30 PM

Hi, i would be interested too in some cards, deliverd to EU.

But have an technical question.
It is possible that Kingston has over stock of memory chips that Nvidia needs.
But as we so far know, these Gpus use GDDR5 Memmorychips, where did Kingston use this chips?
So far i can see they build ddr4 memory modules.

bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:56:23 AM

Some questions on this GB:

-Can an independent party review the sample (there are a few senior/legendary forum members e.g phillipma be sent a samples to review and give their opinion on the card). If so when will the first sample be made available. Can we have it reviewed asap as Im assuming the company is making gpus as we speak albeit not for this GB.

-How are people going to pay for this (those with sponsors) and why is it that if we buy through revolux.io there is no warranty or returns? Can we pay through traditional fiat methods like PayPal?

-What is the warranty period for these cards?

-What is the design of the sample. Have Ark and the organisers even seen them.

-Ark and others are in US, how best to distribute cards to say Canada (where I am) or is the manufacturer going to ship out to each MOQ location.

-What is the commission that the organisers get from doing this group buy? (whats the incentive for them)

-Is there a list for the orders? How do I know when I'll get my cards? Where do we sign up?
jb_95

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:03:50 AM

I'm interested in at least 50 units.  East coast USA.

@sAj1420 would you be willing to sponsor?
Cryoplex

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:58:45 AM

Some questions on this GB:

-Can an independent party review the sample?

-What is the warranty period for these cards?

-What is the commission that the organisers get from doing this group buy? (whats the incentive for them)

I second these questions, and Id also like to add:
Will the warrenty be different than other Founders Edition Cards?
Does the RMA process work the same?
Thank you Amir and Evan. Smiley
eTiMaGo

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:04:23 PM

Hi everyone, lurker on the forum but we are doing mining operations in Thailand and ramping up for a fairly large farm.

We're down for 500 units, maybe 1,000 depending on confirmed price.

Question, I assume they would all be shipped from Nvidia to Amir in California, then separated to the individual members? Or could shipping be arrange directly from Nvidia to us? Seems kinda wasteful to send them over the Pacific, twice.
sAj1420

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:06:56 PM

I'm interested in at least 50 units.  East coast USA.

@sAj1420 would you be willing to sponsor?

Yes I got you, contact me through one of the channels posted in the op
sAj1420

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:17:21 PM

I know it's not much, but I'd be interested in 20. West Coast, US.
What is the advantage to buying on OP's website vs. finding a sponsor?

Thanks!

I can do 20 for you, I was expecting a lot more 50 card orders so far so I’ll take a 20 for you
Sause01

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:33:22 PM

I am interested in 30, 1070's. crypto in escrow? Philadelphia area.
madsashimi

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:53:31 PM

Kingston does not manufacture memory chips... Kingston manufactures MODULES from 3rd parties chips............

Thank you for this, we will ask at 1PM ET today. If anyone has any other well researched questions like this please get them in by 12PM ET today. That's about 3 hrs and 20m from now

Best,
Amir

Have any of these questions and concerns been answered at this point? Interested in around 100 cards but without some more information and transparency I find it very hard to commit funds.
No.15

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:38:23 PM

Best,
Amir

Have any of these questions and concerns been answered at this point? Interested in around 100 cards but without some more information and transparency I find it very hard to commit funds.

Feel the same, even though I only plan on 10 I am waiting to see some of the questions answered
MyOldUserNameDiedIn2015

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:53:13 PM

I'm looking to get anywhere from 50 to 300 cards, but I also have questions about the some of the items that have been asked.  My concerns are:

• The Kingston memory?? - and the related question of what is the performance of the memory?  Is it Samsung or Micron speed, or neither?
  • Can we see sample of the GPU?  Will it look just like a FE card but be unbranded? Sorry if this has been answered.
caffinated

Activity: 128
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:20:39 AM

GPUs will prly look like this ; )

where'd u find this on dhgate?
lbr

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:41:10 AM

where'd u find this on dhgate?

https://www.google.com/search?q=raid+card+with+ram&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDp--ssv_YAhVIiaYKHe_SBGkQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=646#imgrc=zfGs2o9QekSVPM:

Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:01:49 PM

Any updates Amir?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: