Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:36:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: *Failed*[Group Buy] 1070ti BULK BUY straight to OEM  (Read 4161 times)
ark02 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:59:32 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2018, 07:36:33 PM by ark02

Hey everyone,

Haven't posted on here much, I guess you can say I go for quality over quantity. I've been hobby mining since '11 and turned it into a business last year as ETH started to break $40. Before crypto I was a veteran Group Buy organizer and trusted member of laserpointerforums.com

I have an opportunity to order really well priced 1070ti's with a one month relatively fast lead time (8 weeks) but it needs to be minimum 10,000 units massive.

Wanted to feel out how many people would be interested in pooling cash together to put in an order as a group. I'm thinking ideally minimum order 100 or 300 units per person.

If we can get enough interest, I'll get the ball rolling and start getting operations ready to receive/ship.

I'm open to suggestions on how everyone thinks we should handle payment.

Best,
ark02

UPDATE 5-17-2018:

So, what happened?
1) No money was transferred or taken from those who committed
  • Soft commit was secured back in January through a reputable multi-national distribution company that has been working directly with NVIDIA, Foxconn, AMD, Samsung, and other component/chipset/module manufacturers for over 20+ years
  • Original quantity desired was 10,000 pcs
  • We were informed that we could hit our aggressive price target of $350 if we could put together a pre-order on the order of $100M
  • Group buy was started, with commits backed by proof of funds
  • We collected around $40M proof of funds in a short timeframe, and then took that back to the factory to move discussions forward
  • This put us into a rigorous compliance process that lasted over a month with NVIDIA. During this process, they grilled us for all kinds of questions related to the industry we wanted to work in, where the products would be distributed, whether or not they would be resold, etc
  • It quickly became evident that they no longer wanted us to buy the gaming cards. They wanted us to buy mining cards and mine, not resell
  • At this point, we pulled out of the compliance process with NVIDIA, allowing us to approach NVIDIA's factory customers (like GIGABYTE, ASUS, ZOTAC, etc) as well as distributors directly. While talking directly to NVIDIA, we are not allowed to purchase cards from these factories, which are considered NVIDIA's customers.
  • For obvious reasons, these factories/distributors could not meet the aggressive price target of $350, but with large buyers in hand we were able to secure good pricing and complete some spot orders.
  • We now  have even better relationships with a handful of suppliers, and can get products at good prices quickly from some major distributors.

Conclusion: We can't get the $350 1070ti, but we can get reasonably priced cards for group buys of 200pcs and up.

---- Leaving this in for historical purposes ----
Current milestone:
  • $20M Proof of Funds
  • $40M Proof of Funds
Progress: $40M Proof of Funds

updated 1-27-18 3:00PM PT
INTEREST LIST:

TOTAL: 3010

Comby: 300 - PoF: N
MarkAz: 500 - PoF: N
Nalex87: 500 - PoF: N
Cryoplex: 710 - PoF: N
caffinated: 1000 - PoF N

Sponsored:
Name: Qty - Sponsor - PoF
ariabtc: 100 - Revolux.io - PoF: Y

Needs a sponsor:
lbr: 102
redbarf: 100
gabriel0: 100
Rapidgator: 100
raidersforever01: 100
Valkir: 100
rope717: 50
Sjenja: 50
Dr.plastics: 50
EU:
Mitarbeiter: 50 - EU
Mariowot: 100 - EU
SergejDoe: 100 - Switzerland
Needs a sponsor: 1002

No hard commit:
Kapz786: ??
Jenia1:??

----

FAQs (so far):
Price?
$350 per card

Brand?
These are unbranded cards straight from NVIDIA.

Telegram
https://t.me/revoluxio

Minimum Order:
100 units
300 units minimum. Order

Payment Terms:
  • Escrow
  • Standby letter of credit issued by your bank, on your terms

Escrow seems to be the popular choice and so it is 100% available and accepted. As some of you pointed out it can get really expensive at scale. We would have to split the order into ~$10M chunks, and those people could work their own terms, own escrow, etc.  Typically, sites like escrow.com handle transactions in the tens of millions. The entire industry grosses somewhere in the single digit billions for annual revenue. Cost will be about 5% of the transaction, but you pay for the security.
Tl;dr escrow.com is no problem

(OR) The faster more standard option in this industry is something called a "Standby letter of credit". You and your bank set the terms, such as "upon inspection and approval, the money shall be released". The manufacturer then ships the products "FOB", they're taken into custody at the US border
Where they await inspection. At that point, you or a representative or someone you hire (like an inspection agency) will inspect the goods, and if everything checks out, your bank transfers the money out of your bank account. Until you have physical product in your (or your inspectors hands) the money never leaves your bank account.
This can be arranged very easily and cheaply, and each "syndicate" can delegate their own "inspector" or trusted third party. Possibilities are endless from there.

Delivery:
Lead time: 8-10 weeks
Factory ships "FOB", then goods are taken into custody at US border and await inspection/approval.
We then inspect the goods and if everything checks out, funds are sent to the factory ("COD")

What if I can't order 300?
Find a Sponsor.

A Sponsor is: Someone who meets the minimum order of 300units, and is willing to order more for people who can't make the minimum. This involves taking payment from those people and discussing terms with them: Payment terms (credit card? paypal? Escrow? crypto?), Shipping terms, Taxes, After-sales service, Warranty, Return Policy, etc.
DO NOT order from a sponsor unless you have read and agree with all of their terms. It helps if your sponsor is someone you know and trust.
If you would like to be a sponsor please make a post on this thread and spell out your terms, which will be recorded on the OP.
If you would like to sponsor, you will need to meet with at least three members of this thread in person, or have three other people on this forum vouch for you.*
We need forum veterans to audit the sponsors: Sponsors should be vetted out by people on this forum who are trusted.
Nobody should place an order from a sponsor they don't trust.
At the end of the "trust chain" created by the sponsors, is the final trustless transaction (escrow) to get the cards from the manufacturer.
____
*These terms are subject to discussion and change

Current Sponsor List:
(Listed in order of announcement on this thread)

- Revolux.io (that's us!)
total willing to do: 1000 cards
minimum order: 5 cards
We are sponsoring 1000 units @ 5pcs minimum order. We offer no additional warranty and accept no returns. If you experience issues with setup or have any questions we will offer 30 days of free phone + e-mail + text support to get you up and off the ground. We accept BTC/altcoin payments through coinpayments.net as well as all major credit cards. Payment is due upon placing your order. If this Group Buy does not succeed, all orders will be promptly refunded. Estimated ship dates for our units is April 15-30.
How: http://link.revolux.io/1070ti

- @Saj1420
total willing to do: 1000 cards
minimum order: 50 cards
How: PM directly on bitcointalk -or-
Skype/email: saj1420@gmail.com
telegram @saj1420
To discuss over the phone shoot me an email with your number.
Payment Terms: PayPal, Etsy shop, and Crypto. (see his post on pg3 for more info)
 - Terms are open to suggestions.

- Make a post on this thread in order to sponsor

What is the current Target GB size:
Right now, for this thread, we need hard commits for 10,000 GPU's.
As some may have noticed, $350 per card @ 10,000 cards is $3.5M
The total order required from the factory was on the order of $100M
The bulk of the $100M was to be filled by large mines placing bulk orders (the proof of funds we collected) 
The idea was to piggyback the bigger order with the GB from this thread, that way we could provide cards to the BT community but also leverage the thread as a means to get to the bigger buyers who would fill the entire order.

2) If you're ordering 1000+ units, we will fly out to meet with you in person, get to know each other before we do any business of this scale. If you're interested in a bulk order, it's better to reach out to us sooner rather than later so we can start to build this trust.

Can we get multiple types of cards?
We have the flexibility to order whatever card we want, but whatever we settle on that's it. Only one model for the entire run. Based on our own ROI calculations, the 1070ti at this price point is the best choice. Feel free to suggest any better candidates, we would love to run and compare the numbers!

How how can I trust you?
- We're actively working on accreditation by third parties like the BBB to establish trust and make this as easy as possible.

Podcasts we've appeared on:

How do I reach you guys?
- If you can make it out to any of the following cities, book a time to drop by and have some coffee: http://vyte.in/amir
  • NYC
  • SF/Bay area
  • Los Angeles

Telegram: @amirofcrypto
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amir-khazaieli-a7822a2b/
e-mail: GROUP BUY E-MAIL COMING SOON
PM me for cell phone or personal e-mail.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wickjohn1

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:06:02 AM

Whats the price for each one?
chemvidswoot

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:06:16 AM

Obvious question is - what is really great pricing?
wickjohn1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:15:25 AM

Whats the price that you can get them for? You can't profit from a group buy! We just help you reach the MOQ of 10k units. If you want to profit from them just buy 10k units and sell them, nobody would help you make profit from a gb, when you don't have the products on hand.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:03:02 PM

Who is going to be dumb enough to send a random person on the internet enough money for 100gpus is the real question.
Danos

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 01:11:59 PM

Who is going to be dumb enough to send a random person on the internet enough money for 100gpus is the real question.
Why u even trash talk before asking the OP is he willing to use escrow or local pickup ?
Retards nowdays....

fatprotocol

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:10:52 PM

I'm interested... where are you located and where would the units be shipped?
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:51:28 PM

I'm located in CA, San Fran. Bay Area. Local drop ins always welcome, we can grab coffee and chat.

----

I've been told sub $400 pricing on both cards, I'm working to confirm pricing. We need to decide which card we want though.

I'm open to whatever will make everyone feel the safest with their money and allow us to place our order.

I'm aware of how GBs work, don't worry Smiley
P00P135

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:42:06 PM

Why u even trash talk before asking the OP is he willing to use escrow or local pickup ?
Retards nowdays....

I guess this is your first group buy scam post you've seen.  If he knew what he was doing and was willing to use escrow he would have made that clear in his original post.  The lack of information and newb account is a big red flag.
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 04:43:08 PM

I'm located in CA, San Fran. Bay Area. Local drop ins always welcome, we can grab coffee and chat.

----

I've been told sub $400 pricing on both cards, I'm working to confirm pricing. We need to decide which card we want though.

I'm open to whatever will make everyone feel the safest with their money and allow us to place our order.

I'm aware of how GBs work, don't worry Smiley

So, it is a multi million dollars business. You should better start an ICO to run such a huge scam. This subforume can  handle upto 1-2 grand scams max and yet 90% of the attempts will definitively fail Cheesy

Wait ... you got an option other than ICO ... invest a few grands and run a centralized exchange this community is full of people who are fool enough to deposit their coins in your site and you can do whatever you wish with it ... for a success story you can follow Bittrex roadmap, it is now one of the largest exchanges in the world and has already stolen several millions of people's deposits and guess what, their site is functional and their scam is up and running now for a couple of years Grin
PowerBI
Copper Member

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:06:55 PM

Im interested if I can pay via credit card.

Bitrated user: PowerBI.
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:10:06 PM

Retards nowdays....

I guess this is your first group buy scam post you've seen.  If he knew what he was doing and was willing to use escrow he would have made that clear in his original post.  The lack of information and newb account is a big red flag.

Haters gonna hate.

You can check out my company's website here: Revolux.io
Here is my LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/amir-khazaieli-a7822a2b
I'll post links to LPF group buys, but you can search my name "amkdeath"

Drop into our Oakland facility and I'll show you what we're all about. No shady shit here. Just business.

I was never opposed to Escrow, I in fact asked how you all prefer to do it since I'm new(er) on this forum. Still taking suggestions.

If you're going to drop $40K+ on gfx cards I'd prefer to meet in person so we can make sure we're both legit. Better scenario would be if 10 ppl could do 1000 cards each. I'm just trying to make this happen.

Important: do we want 1070ti or 1060?

Edit: about Credit Card; we do have a merchant processor and can accept credit cards, but I'll need to meet you in person or verify your ID because I have been totally screwed in the past by chargebacks. Gotta make certain you're the authorized cardholder.
chemvidswoot

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:20:44 PM

No disrespect OP - sub-$400 may be good for a 1070 ti but I have been scoring $300-$330 for 1060 6GB's on amazon repeatedly simply by being fast on the "refresh" all night during the last week. 1060 3GB's for $250'ish. Haven't seen any 1070's for decent prices though
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:23:54 PM

No disrespect OP - sub-$400 may be good for a 1070 ti but I have been scoring $300-$330 for 1060 6GB's on amazon repeatedly simply by being fast on the "refresh" all night during the last week. 1060 3GB's for $250'ish. Haven't seen any 1070's for decent prices though

Shit that's awesome!

I'll focus my efforts on scoring 1070ti's then. I haven't bought any more 1060s since the 1070ti came out last November so I'm pretty out of the loop on what's possible there.

Maybe I could push for closer to $180 for 1060s like it was last April/May... I'll give it a shot but I'll focus most of my effort on securing 1070ti
Xpod78

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

Hey there :D

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:39:53 PM

Shit that's awesome!

I'll focus my efforts on scoring 1070ti's then. I haven't bought any more 1060s since the 1070ti came out last November so I'm pretty out of the loop on what's possible there.

Maybe I could push for closer to $180 for 1060s like it was last April/May... I'll give it a shot but I'll focus most of my effort on securing 1070ti
If you could get $180 for the 1060's I'd be interested.
caffinated

Activity: 128
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:35:26 AM

Shit that's awesome!

If you could get $180 for the 1060's I'd be interested.

180 is not possible it was hard to get before the gpu draught and its almost definately a scam if its 180 in these conditions.

OP i can take over 1-5k depending on the price and quality.
I do not mind escrow but I doubt you will be able to have enough cashflow for this scale. If you do thats great lets go with escrow, if not we could still explore other ways where our risk is mitigated and your cashflow is not hit so hard.
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:37:18 AM

The biggest hurdle you have to overcome here is that you're new, and you're trying to do something that is fairly large in terms of group buy's on the forum... Posting the links to your company an LinkedIn profile are certainly helpful, but ultimately you could be Amir, or you could be using all of Amir's info - that's why people usually post pictures with physical good and holding something with their username on them.  I don't know much about the laser pointer world, but in the Bitcoin world it's FILLED with scammers and people trying to take advantage of people - so people who have been on the forum for a while generally try to filter things out for the newer users so they don't get taken advantage of and end up having a bad experience with crypto.

All that being said, I like the idea of what you're trying to do, if you can put it together... If you're doing escrow, then it's probably a no brainer (and assuming it's escrow through a reputable source).  A couple questions about what the cards themselves - do they all need to be the same exact model (ie, all 1070 TI's), or can they be in the same family, so 1060's and 1080's also?  Are they all from the same manufacturer, or from multiple?  And if it is a single manufacturer, which cards in particular are you talking about?  Some manufacturers like to lock their cards for overclocking, some use faster memory, etc - all of these go into how good a deal it potentially is.  Will you be taking crypto?  And for non-crypto escrow, will you use escrow.com?

Depending on timing and how the GB ends up coming together, I could be interested in 500 cards or so - if it's cheaper cards like 1060's then around 1000 probably.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:44:58 AM

I would be down for some 1070 TI's but really need more information on pricing and more details from the OP
Rapidgator

Activity: 509

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:24:36 AM

I am also interested in 1070TIs but but all depends on price and more info
raidersforever01

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:41:30 AM

I am interested in 50 to 100 1070's depending on when the buy is occurring I am currently offloading s9's i just bought.
caffinated

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

I am interested in 50 to 100 1070's depending on when the buy is occurring I am currently offloading s9's i just bought.
offloading s9's you just bought? you flipping em for 3x the price? xD
raidersforever01

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:05:09 PM

I was initially mining for myself but for the price they were going for I just couldn't resist. I sold off everything i owned and then didnt stop after that.
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:30:20 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 07:26:32 PM by ark02

The biggest hurdle you have to overcome here is that you're new, and you're trying to do something that is fairly large in terms of group buy's on the forum... Posting the links to your company an LinkedIn profile are certainly helpful, but ultimately you could be Amir, or you could be using all of Amir's info - that's why people usually post pictures with physical good and holding something with their username on them.  I don't know much about the laser pointer world, but in the Bitcoin world it's FILLED with scammers and people trying to take advantage of people - so people who have been on the forum for a while generally try to filter things out for the newer users so they don't get taken advantage of and end up having a bad experience with crypto.

All that being said, I like the idea of what you're trying to do, if you can put it together... If you're doing escrow, then it's probably a no brainer (and assuming it's escrow through a reputable source).  A couple questions about what the cards themselves - do they all need to be the same exact model (ie, all 1070 TI's), or can they be in the same family, so 1060's and 1080's also?  Are they all from the same manufacturer, or from multiple?  And if it is a single manufacturer, which cards in particular are you talking about?  Some manufacturers like to lock their cards for overclocking, some use faster memory, etc - all of these go into how good a deal it potentially is.  Will you be taking crypto?  And for non-crypto escrow, will you use escrow.com?

Depending on timing and how the GB ends up coming together, I could be interested in 500 cards or so - if it's cheaper cards like 1060's then around 1000 probably.

Hey MarkAz, I really appreciate it.
Photos with physical goods in our warehouse is no problem  Smiley

If we are able to get 10,000 units worth of crypto into (reputable) escrow then I have a lot of confidence in being able to put together the cashflow to get the deal done. The only unknown variable is if in order to finance that purchase we'll have to bake in some sort of fee to the financier. I'm also open to other suggestions. Ultimately the GPU market is horrible right now and I just really want to make this happen.

I have a call in 2 hours and can hopefully get back to you guys with more info and more definite pricing.

Best,
Ark

EDIT:

What are our preferences for memory? Most RAM mfgrs seem to have a shortage but Kingston doesn't have a shortage right now.
I asked about Samsung memory, seeing if I can make that work.

I asked about Voltas as well.
Will update back later tonight

redbarf

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:31:17 PM

Depending on the price, I would be open for a 100 gpu order.
MarkAz

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:33:36 PM

One danger you run in holding crypto with escrow with a group buy of this size is fluctuation in the price.  For instance, if you had done the deal when BTC was at $15k, and now it's at $11k, you're going to have a problem reconciling everything... Ultimately a place like escrow.com is going to probably be the best option - and in terms of financing, I haven't done it but I would suspect that you could factor the purchase with your bank and they'd underwrite it for next to nothing (a point or two), but it depends on whether you're using a commercial bank or not.
gabriel0

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:21:07 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 05:26:34 PM by gabriel0

I'd probably be up for about 50 pcs, only 1070 ti.

Note: Need them shipped to EU.
caffinated

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:53:26 AM

One danger you run in holding crypto with escrow with a group buy of this size is fluctuation in the price.  For instance, if you had done the deal when BTC was at $15k, and now it's at $11k, you're going to have a problem reconciling everything... Ultimately a place like escrow.com is going to probably be the best option - and in terms of financing, I haven't done it but I would suspect that you could factor the purchase with your bank and they'd underwrite it for next to nothing (a point or two), but it depends on whether you're using a commercial bank or not.

Thats some really good ideas you have there! Bank factoring here is not a point or 2 but its still manageable and for the safety of allowing escrow worth it imo.
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 02:17:14 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 02:32:07 PM by KaydenC

I'm reading about the issues with escrow posted in this thread. Price fluctuations is an issue with large amounts of money that needs to be in escrow for extended periods. Over the next 6 months I'm adding functionality to my escrow Dapp (EscrowMyEther.com) including one that allows it to use the DAI token, a stable ERC20 token pegged to 1 USD.

Any suggestions for the Escrow Dapp, feel free to pm me. So far the platform escrowed for 19+ Eth of transactions.

About GPUs I'm interested. But will need to know

1) Price
2) Shipping cost to Malaysia
3) A pic of the 1070ti. Need to know if it's a mining edition card and its type of cooling. For example if it's a fully fledged retail 1070ti with double fans it will be more appealing.

About the 1 month lead time, are you very sure it will be ready end Feb? Given that China is going on a long chinese new year hoiday soon. My local distributor contacts aren't even accepting pre-orders now, with the last ones with lead time end march but I guess you know someone high up the channel.
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:51:55 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 07:33:42 PM by ark02

I'm reading about the issues with escrow posted in this thread. Price fluctuations is an issue with large amounts of money that needs to be in escrow for extended periods. Over the next 6 months I'm adding functionality to my escrow Dapp (EscrowMyEther.com) including one that allows it to use the DAI token, a stable ERC20 token pegged to 1 USD.

Any suggestions for the Escrow Dapp, feel free to pm me. So far the platform escrowed for 19+ Eth of transactions.

About GPUs I'm interested. But will need to know

1) Price
2) Shipping cost to Malaysia
3) A pic of the 1070ti. Need to know if it's a mining edition card and its type of cooling. For example if it's a fully fledged retail 1070ti with double fans it will be more appealing.

About the 1 month lead time, are you very sure it will be ready end Feb? Given that China is going on a long chinese new year hoiday soon. My local distributor contacts aren't even accepting pre-orders now, with the last ones with lead time end march but I guess you know someone high up the channel.

I'm currently using escrowmyether for a transaction, really well done! Really fun to use smart contracts for this stuff.
The main issue for me is making sure the offer is as safe as possible so we can get the most people involved, so we can hit the numbers.

Meetings all this week with Banks/Underwriters, securing credit for the order to pay the manufacturer will not be an issue. I'm just discussing terms now.

Regarding lead time: you are correct, no production during the lunar new year (and leading up to it). The factory moves very fast once we show proof of funds, they'll likely deliver in around 8 weeks.  

So Far:
1) Price: looking like ~$350. Still working on this
2) Shipping costs: will factor in shortly, we're using UPS/UPS Freight
3) Cards will be fully fledged retail 1070ti, not sure on fans yet, and they will likely be unbranded (direct from NVIDIA)

Looks like we've got healthy interest. Just need to discuss the best options for escrow!
jenia1

Activity: 504
Merit: 267

HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:20:50 AM

Hey. I might also be interested in a decent amount.

Making mining profitable
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ANN  Website  Facebook
                                   █████████
                             ███      ████████   █████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                             ███       ███████   █████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Mining Farm planning & advising
Equipment supply & transportation
Linking investors & ideas

ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:47:49 AM

What quantity are you looking for?
jenia1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:50:28 AM

What quantity are you looking for?

not sure currently but maybe in the hundreds or more. but it is unconfirmed yet

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

MarkAz

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:03:55 AM

So Far:
1) Price: looking like ~$350, maybe 300 (or lower). Still working on this
3) Cards will be fully fledged retail 1070ti, not sure on fans yet, and they will likely be unbranded (direct from NVIDIA)

Looks like we've got healthy interest. Just need to discuss the best options for escrow!

Don't forget about import duties and brokerage fees - and you're going to pay a premium for UPS freight (but they act as the broker), you'll do much better working with a shipping company directly.

Escrow for me would need to be either escrow.com or potentially something BTC-based, we don't hold much money in any other cryptos and with the new changes on tax laws, I don't want to take the extra hit on the exchange to ETH to use some other service.
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:07:19 AM

So Far:

Don't forget about import duties and brokerage fees - and you're going to pay a premium for UPS freight (but they act as the broker), you'll do much better working with a shipping company directly.

Escrow for me would need to be either escrow.com or potentially something BTC-based, we don't hold much money in any other cryptos and with the new changes on tax laws, I don't want to take the extra hit on the exchange to ETH to use some other service.

Thanks for all the tips so far.

We've been using UPS for around a year now, and we've negotiated favorable rates. Any other shipping companies you're thinking about?

What kind of quantity are you interested in?
jenia1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:24:30 AM

So Far:

We've been using UPS for around a year now, and we've negotiated favorable rates. Any other shipping companies you're thinking about?

I'm working with a shipping company directly thus I'm 100% sure they can give better rates than ups/ dhl  and such

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Rapidgator

Activity: 509

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:21:23 PM

I am in for 100 GPUs, shipped to Dubai or Hong Kong
but all depends on 1070ti model
Mariowot

Activity: 639
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:32:27 PM

i might be interested in ~100 gpus depends on final price and model

shipped to EU
MarkAz

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:03:50 PM

I posted that before - depending on which card and price and timing, between 250-1000 GPU's.  If you're at the $300 or lower on 1070 TI's, then we're probably in for at least 500, but more than likely 1000.

As far as shippers go, UPS is consistent but expensive, all the others are so inconsistent there's no point in finding a favorite.  Normally I just have the manufacturer solicit quotes from the vendors they normally deal with - but I've found that if you DIY it (use an independent shipper, hire a broker, etc), you can save typically 25-50% off of UPS's prices.  So if it's only a couple grand, it may not be worth it...  Also if you have flexibility on delivery times, sometimes you can get good air freight deals, especially on pallet sized shipments, but I don't know if the weight would be an issue as GPU's are fairly dense.
sjenja

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:31:12 PM

i might be interested in ~50 gpus depends on final price and model

shipped to EU
SergejDoe

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:57:36 PM

Interested in 100 1070 TI, delivery to Switzerland.
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:44:44 AM

Interested in 100. Im in San Francisco.
I will be more than happy to go grab a coffee and talk. We should go to backyard brew in palo alto.

Also some questions, what is the brand of the GPU ? MSI, Asus, ... Huh

Please provide a price so that we can adjust our estimated.

Wink

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
nalex87

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:21:04 AM

I'm in San Diego.
Interesting in 500.
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:11:02 AM

Interested in 100. Im in San Francisco.
I will be more than happy to go grab a coffee and talk. We should go to backyard brew in palo alto.

Also some questions, what is the brand of the GPU ? MSI, Asus, ... Huh

Please provide a price so that we can adjust our estimated.

Wink

Hey there!
When are you free this weekend for coffee? I'd love to meet up!

Cards are unbranded, straight From NVIDIA. I've updated the op with some more clarification on these FAQs

We went on this podcast today: http://podplayer.net/#/?id=45916899
Check it out if you want to get to know our team.

Best,
Ark
Cryptolarity

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:39:17 AM

I know Ark personally, he is sharp as a tac. Glad to see this getting traction!
comby
Copper Member

Activity: 230

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:43:50 AM

In with the minimum amount of 300.
dr.plastics

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:07:09 PM

I'd like to order 50 for US delivery.
sAj1420

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:13:18 PM

Amir you can add my name as someone who will Take in the smaller orders and attach to my order. Minimum of 50.
sAj1420

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:32:42 PM

Anyone interested in adding 50-300 to my larger order is welcome to do so just pm me here, or even better Skype or email at saj1420@gmail.com - telegram @saj1420 - or if someone wants to discuss over the phone shoot me an email with your number. I will accept payment through PayPal, my Etsy shop (both protect the buyer 100% ) crypto is someone prefers that, or if anyone has a better option let me know.
Regulater

Activity: 273
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:22:09 AM

Going to tell everyone that this is not legit. If you are willing to fall for this, then you deserve to be scammed. Current backorders on 1070 and tis across the 3 major manufacturers are in the hundreds of thousands, and everyone is willing to pay $500+, while Nvidia manufacturers and custom manufacturers are charging over $400 per gpu and selling out right away. I work with manufacturers, and even p104-100 manufacturers, and guarantee this is not legit. I will contact my Nvidia contact and confirm this next week.
wavlink1

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:49:47 AM

Going to tell everyone that this is not legit. If you are willing to fall for this, then you deserve to be scammed. Current backorders on 1070 and tis across the 3 major manufacturers are in the hundreds of thousands, and everyone is willing to pay $500+, while Nvidia manufacturers and custom manufacturers are charging over $400 per gpu and selling out right away. I work with manufacturers, and even p104-100 manufacturers, and guarantee this is not legit. I will contact my Nvidia contact and confirm this next week.

Spewing this bullshit in the BTCP discord, and here. We have been ordering truck loads of cards regularly over the past 2 years from various manufacturers, including direct from Nvidia. Bulk orders get priority. May of this year you didn't know how to build a rig, I'm gonna go ahead and assume your time "working with manufacturers" hasn't garnered you the ability to make the big deals.
wizzo

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:55:23 AM

If we want to order 8 - 15 cards, do we use the link to the website in the OP?
Fireballbu

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:08:47 AM

Talking with Amir, if you want to contribute your numbers to the group buy, you could get Revolux to sponsor >5 cards, rather than on the website. The website comes out of their 1000...that correct Amir?
I would interested in 8-12 cards as well.
Regulater

Activity: 273
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:22:20 AM

Spewing this bullshit in the BTCP discord, and here. We have been ordering truck loads of cards regularly over the past 2 years from various manufacturers, including direct from Nvidia. Bulk orders get priority. May of this year you didn't know how to build a rig, I'm gonna go ahead and assume your time "working with manufacturers" hasn't garnered you the ability to make the big deals.

Lol, go ahead then. I might not have built mining rigs before this year, but i have been reselling computer parts for multiple years. I run a large resale business for computer parts. Big deals, really? We have ordered many bulk orders, but not recently have you been able to do it directly especially at a rate of $350 per 1070 Ti. I have been getting in many GPU's under MSRP even recently. Its funny how your a january account backing another brand new account, that you do not know anything. Also have you ever done a bulk order from Nvidia, because i guarantee you or your company hasn't. "oh were getting unbranded 1070 ti boards from Nvidia directly $350 a pop), thats a complete load of bullshit. Ordering from Nvidia is a lot harder to do, and they are not open for these measly small orders. Also their bulk for 1070 tis along with all the other manufacturers is a lot higher than $350 per card. MSRP has increased on the cards, due to all the shortages on ram, micro processors, micro pcbs, etc. You cannot get a 1070 ti under $425 each from manufacturer shipment even if you ordered $10 million worth.

Its funny how a brand new account, listing a website that is new and linked to a building that is available for rent. No suite number, nothing.
Cryoplex

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:39:04 AM

Please put me down for 710 units.
sAj1420

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:39:13 AM

Lol, go ahead then. I might not have built mining rigs before this year, but i have been reselling computer parts for multiple years. I run a large resale business for computer parts. Big deals, really? We have ordered many bulk orders, but not recently have you been able to do it directly especially at a rate of $350 per 1070 Ti. I have been getting in many GPU's under MSRP even recently. Its funny how your a january account backing another brand new account, that you do not know anything. Also have you ever done a bulk order from Nvidia, because i guarantee you or your company hasn't. "oh were getting unbranded 1070 ti boards from Nvidia directly $350 a pop), thats a complete load of bullshit. Ordering from Nvidia is a lot harder to do, and they are not open for these measly small orders. Also their bulk for 1070 tis along with all the other manufacturers is a lot higher than $350 per card. MSRP has increased on the cards, due to all the shortages on ram, micro processors, micro pcbs, etc. You cannot get a 1070 ti under $425 each from manufacturer shipment even if you ordered $10 million worth.

Its funny how a brand new account, listing a website that is new and linked to a building that is available for rent. No suite number, nothing.

First of all this is much larger than a $10million order, second of all he told me on the phone how his partner is with Kingston and helped them work out a deal to get NVIDIA memory they needed in return for allowing this group buy to take priority. Amir also is accepting escrow, but if you are not comfortable with that he is accepting the other method of payment through your own bank where the funds don’t leave your account until you have inspected and approved the merchandise, which Amir said we could fly out to the port where they will be arriving and inspect ourselves or have an Agent do it for us. I’m driving to Manhattan Sunday to sit down with one of my partners and with Amir and Evan to discuss in further detail, if anyone has any specific questions you would like me to ask in person feel free to let me know. And just because you can’t or haven’t brokered a deal of this size doesn’t mean nobody has the skills or resources to. But please if you have a contact at NVIDIA let’s see what they say. I’m not sure them not knowing about this deal would mean anything I’m sure there are many, many people there who know nothing about it.
Nexillus

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:41:40 PM

I am interested in this but I have a few questions.

Since I would only need about 110 I would need to be added to someones larger order correct? As the minimum is 300 for individual.

How would re-shipment work once within the US?

When is the deadline for the order? as in the description is says 6-8 weeks once the order is placed. So, realistically we are looking at sometime in march-apr depending on when order is placed for delivery?

P00P135

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:44:55 PM

First of all this is much larger than a $10million order, second of all he told me on the phone how his partner is with Kingston and helped them work out a deal to get NVIDIA memory they needed in return for allowing this group buy to take priority. Amir also is accepting escrow, but if you are not comfortable with that he is accepting the other method of payment through your own bank where the funds don’t leave your account until you have inspected and approved the merchandise, which Amir said we could fly out to the port where they will be arriving and inspect ourselves or have an Agent do it for us. I’m driving to Manhattan Sunday to sit down with one of my partners and with Amir and Evan to discuss in further detail, if anyone has any specific questions you would like me to ask in person feel free to let me know. And just because you can’t or haven’t brokered a deal of this size doesn’t mean nobody has the skills or resources to. But please if you have a contact at NVIDIA let’s see what they say. I’m not sure them not knowing about this deal would mean anything I’m sure there are many, many people there who know nothing about it.

Kingston RAM on 1070 ti's?  Going to be fun to watch this unfold.  Kiss
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:54:11 PM

More importantly: what are the main concerns people have, and what do you need to see from us to alleviate them? That's what the focus of the discussion should be here. Not speculation, hearsay, and FUD.

We will be adding photos soon of our warehouse, our shipping container (which we work out of) and of all the forum members we meet as we fly around to meet people ordering 1000+ units. Unless they really hate photos. We'll see.

I will be in the NYC area this Sunday morning if anybody wants to meet in person.
We're meeting with the mfgr reps, this is the time to take questions to them as we begin to discuss terms.

Please post burning questions here.

Questions we've gathered so far:
  • What are the Warranty details?
  • Can we obtain a sample to run tests, if so how large
  • Please add more...

I'm happy to take calls or in-person meetings at any time with anyone who has questions. The deal on this thread is simple, all payment is done through Escrow. Or standby letter of credit. No money will ever leave our hands until we have inspected and verified the goods, as per OUR terms.

Here's my calendar, feel free schedule a meeting/call: http://vyte.in/amir

Some Clarification (will add to op soon):
A Sponsor is: Someone who meets the minimum order of 300units, and is willing to order more for people who can't make the minimum. This involves taking payment from those people and discussing terms with them: Payment terms (credit card? paypal? Escrow? crypto?), Shipping terms, Taxes, After-sales service, Warranty, Return Policy, etc.
If you would like to be a sponsor please make a post on this thread and spell out your terms, which will be recorded on the OP.

DO NOT order from our site unless you agree with our sponsorship terms.
We are sponsoring 1000 units @ 5pcs minimum order. We offer no additional warranty and accept no returns. If you experience issues with setup or have any questions we will offer 30 days of free phone + e-mail + text support to get you up and off the ground. We accept BTC/altcoin payments through coinpayments.net as well as all major credit cards. Payment is due upon placing your order. If this Group Buy does not succeed, all orders will be promptly refunded. Estimated ship dates for our units is April 15-30.

We need forum veterans to audit the sponsors: Sponsors should be vetted out by people on this forum who are trusted. Nobody should place an order from a sponsor they don't trust.

The goal is for people to stick to this GB thread and do larger orders through escrow. The ideal scenario is that people here band behind forum members that they trust, and pool their orders to meet the 300 minimum.

lbr

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:19:05 PM

Up for 102. EU.

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
Mitarbeiter

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:25:47 PM

I would buy 50 too EU
sAj1420

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:28:28 AM

I’m happy to meet any forum veterans in person, I’m in MA and will be in NYC tomorrow morning meeting with Amir and his partner, are there any forum veterans in the NYC area that would be willing to meet up? How about any in the MA area?
Kapz786

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:00:59 AM

More importantly: what are the main concerns people have, and what do you need to see from us to alleviate them? That's what the focus of the discussion should be here. Not speculation, hearsay, and FUD.

We will be adding photos soon of our warehouse, our shipping container (which we work out of) and of all the forum members we meet as we fly around to meet people ordering 1000+ units. Unless they really hate photos. We'll see.

I will be in the NYC area this Sunday morning if anybody wants to meet in person.
We're meeting with the mfgr reps, this is the time to take questions to them as we begin to discuss terms.

Please post burning questions here.

Questions we've gathered so far:
  • What are the Warranty details?
  • Can we obtain a sample to run tests, if so how large
  • Please add more...

I'm happy to take calls or in-person meetings at any time with anyone who has questions. The deal on this thread is simple, all payment is done through Escrow. Or standby letter of credit. No money will ever leave our hands until we have inspected and verified the goods, as per OUR terms.

Here's my calendar, feel free schedule a meeting/call: http://vyte.in/amir

Some Clarification (will add to op soon):

DO NOT order from our site unless you agree with our sponsorship terms.

We need forum veterans to audit the sponsors: Sponsors should be vetted out by people on this forum who are trusted. Nobody should place an order from a sponsor they don't trust.

The goal is for people to stick to this GB thread and do larger orders through escrow. The ideal scenario is that people here band behind forum members that they trust, and pool their orders to meet the 300 minimum.

I'm happy to assist any potential buyers from Australia/NZ/Singapore in that area due to logistics including organising any required escrow and shipping. I wont be able to meet 300 units on my own so it would have to be a collective of some other buyers. If this works for anyone please PM me and I can speak further with ark02
wheelz1200
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:08:11 AM

In the US possibly interested in 50 or so cards.  How will all the logistics work?  I would need to be able to use escrow if im going in on someone elses deal if thats possible.  Im in the US, and when would you be looking to make the order since there is a 8-10 week lead time.  Thanks.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000       
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000   
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
sAj1420

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:46:33 AM

In the US possibly interested in 50 or so cards.  How will all the logistics work?  I would need to be able to use escrow if im going in on someone elses deal if thats possible.  Im in the US, and when would you be looking to make the order since there is a 8-10 week lead time.  Thanks.

We can talk about adding onto my order. Where are you in the us? Would be nice to meet in person if we could. I’m hoping to have most people that add on use PayPal or Etsy / eBay for protection, but I should be able to cover some people that won’t do those methods.
jenia1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:57:57 AM

just a small question which I might have missed.

since they are not going to be branded, how would the Warranty issue be addressed?

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

kebabman

Activity: 655

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:11:02 AM

We can talk about adding onto my order. Where are you in the us? Would be nice to meet in person if we could. I’m hoping to have most people that add on use PayPal or Etsy / eBay for protection, but I should be able to cover some people that won’t do those methods.

I'm in New England, possibly interested in 50 also.
No.15

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:40:43 AM

small fry here, I will do 10 through a sponsor.  What is the drop dead date to order? I may be able to double my order.
sAj1420

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:00:33 AM

Great, can we meet up in person one day this coming week? I would like to meet with 3 or 4 veteran members to gain some validation for sponsoring others on here.  You can contact me through skype, email, ( saj1420@gmail.com)  telegram ( @saj1420 ) or I can PM you my cell if you prefer.

sAj1420

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:08:25 AM

small fry here, I will do 10 through a sponsor.  What is the drop dead date to order? I may be able to double my order.

Happy to help you out, I will find out the deadline tomorrow morning when I meet with them.  Contact me through any of the methods posted in the main post under sponsors. Also in the post right above this one.
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:48:29 AM

since they are not going to be branded, how would the Warranty issue be addressed?

We have a meeting 1pm tomorrow in NYC, will get back to everyone after  I can ask about warranty, drop dead date, and  samples.

Best,
Amir
wheelz1200
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:54:34 AM

East coast US tri state area. 

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
       +4,000       
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000   
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
wavlink1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:03:14 AM

Only concern is kingston as gpu mem, never saw this before
sAj1420

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:01:21 AM

East coast US tri state area. 

Awesome get in touch with me I'll be in Manhattan tomorrow during the day maybe we can meet up for a bit.  Otherwise I am in MA but willing to make a trip.
sAj1420

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:08:37 AM

Only concern is kingston as gpu mem, never saw this before

Kingston memory has been used in many NVIDIA gpu's.  As well as many other brands of memory. Do some research on it you will see all the cards it has been used in.
cptfisher

Activity: 649
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:55:28 AM

Kingston does not manufacture memory chips... Kingston manufactures MODULES from 3rd parties chips............

just from this detail this smells of scam.

sAj1420

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:16:09 AM

Kingston does not manufacture memory chips... Kingston manufactures MODULES from 3rd parties chips............

Im just curious how someone can call this a scam when the op never touches anyones funds until product is in their hands and inspected, am I missing something here?  And why can't NVIDIA have needed memory modules? I don't think anyone specified memory chips or not.
cptfisher

Activity: 649
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:42:25 AM

nvidia does not use modules on their vga.... have you ever seen a ram module  on a vga? nvidia solders the memory chipset straight  on the vgas pcb..... and kingston does not manufacture such product.... nanya hynix samsung micron qimonda are some (eg qimonda does not exit anylonger replaced by infineon)
lbr

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:30:46 AM

Im just curious how someone can call this a scam when the op never touches anyones funds until product is in their hands and inspected, am I missing something here?  And why can't NVIDIA have needed memory modules? I don't think anyone specified memory chips or not.

I'd like to see GPUs with memory modules. And with full-blown BIOS, since we are in a fairy tale.
Oh, and some external PSU ofc. And maybe socketed GPU core. So we can just change them, when cores become obsolete.

Would be awesome ; )
Easy to expand, change timings etc ; )

If that's the case, I'm changing my order to 1002.

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
sAj1420

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:45:11 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 11:07:23 AM by sAj1420

Im just curious how someone can call this a scam when the op never touches anyones funds until product is in their hands and inspected, am I missing something here?  And why can't NVIDIA have needed memory modules? I don't think anyone specified memory chips or not.

I'd like to see GPUs with memory modules. And with full-blown BIOS, since we are in a fairy tale.
Oh, and some external PSU ofc. And maybe socketed GPU core. So we can just change them, when cores become obsolete.

Would be awesome ; )
Easy to expand, change timings etc ; )

If that's the case, I'm changing my order to 1002.

I can’t claim to know about the internal workings of a gpu so thank you for providing that. I’ll be sitting down with the OP in a few hours and will discuss this concern in person, and get back to you as soon as possible on the details.

A quick online search had led me to this article  https://www.[Suspicious link removed]s/www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/gtx-1070-micron-memory%3famp Which talked about different memory modules being used in the cards, but that is all I was going off I def can’t claim to know for sure

***edit: I cant post the link but here is a snippet of what the page was talking about....

"Original story, October 6, 2016: Some of the latest GTX 1070 cards have been fitted with Micron GDDR5 instead of the original Samsung modules, and some users have been reporting issues when pushing the cards to the limits.

The first flush of Nvidia’s GTX 1070 graphics cards were released using Samsung’s GDDR5 memory modules for their VRAM. They were picked because they could nail the 8,000MHz effective memory speeds without breaking a sweat. It was also the first time that such high performance memory modules were used in reference graphics card designs.

In order to keep up with demand for the popular second-tier Pascal card though manufacturers have started sourcing memory modules from Micron as well. A report from Sweclockers, however, states that some users have started experiencing graphical issues with their new GTX 1070 cards because of the memory switch."
lbr

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:34:56 AM
Merited by bigjee (3)

I can’t claim to know about the internal workings of a gpu so thank you for providing that. I’ll be sitting down with the OP in a few hours and will discuss this concern in person, and get back to you as soon as possible on the details.

...Which talked about different memory modules being used in the cards...

You see, that's the problem. I mean it's fine for you to not know the difference between memory module and memory chip and their manufacturers.

But for s1 selling 10000 GPUs directly from nVidia.. Like cptfisher said - it smells.
I mean you would expect at least some basic technical expertise, right?

Anyone who is in the GPU business for more than a month knows which memory nVidia and AMD uses.
And what's more suspicious, Kingston is not memory manufacturer. Meaning they buy memory chips and solder them onto PCBs, then sell this product, which is called "memory module".

nVidia and AMD cards have memory chips soldered directly to their GPU cards. New AMD GPUs even have memory on die with the core.

So yeah.. it is all alarming and ofc I don't understand how "sitting down" can really solve anything.
Escrow can, yes. But even then, freezing medium-large amount of money is not really good idea. Because money frozen on the bank account/escrow don't make more money.

lbr

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:37:40 AM

To sum up.
The statement "1070 Ti with Kingston memory" is basically equivalent to "1070 Ti with Apple memory" or "1070 Ti with Microsoft memory" or "1070 Ti with HP memory".

sAj1420

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:50:26 AM

...Which talked about different memory modules being used in the cards...

You see, that's the problem. I mean it's fine for you to not know the difference between memory module and memory chip and their manufacturers.

But for s1 selling 10000 GPUs directly from nVidia.. Like cptfisher said - it smells.
I mean you would expect at least some basic technical expertise, right?

Anyone who is in the GPU business for more than a month knows which memory nVidia and AMD uses.
And what's more suspicious, Kingston is not memory manufacturer. Meaning they buy memory chips and solder them onto PCBs, then sell this product, which is called "memory module".

nVidia and AMD cards have memory chips soldered directly to their GPU cards. New AMD GPUs even have memory on die with the core.

So yeah.. it is all alarming and ofc I don't understand how "sitting down" can really solve anything.
Escrow can, yes. But even then, freezing medium-large amount of money is not really good idea. Because money frozen on the bank account/escrow don't make more money.

I cant speak for the organizers, but I will do my best to try and clear it up today and report back to everyone.  We only spoke briefly on the phone and don't know anything about how they arranged the deal, other than it had something to do with memory. But I will absolutely find out.
lbr

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:01:15 PM

I cant speak for the organizers, but I will do my best to try and clear it up today and report back to everyone.  We only spoke briefly on the phone and don't know anything about how they arranged the deal, other than it had something to do with memory. But I will absolutely find out.

Everything can be cleared up/explained quite easily. Will it clear doubts and "smells" thats another question.

Here is reasonable explanation of Kingston memory on the GPUs from the top of my head.

Say nVidia has memory chips shortage. Now Kingston being memory modules manufacturer probably has some backchannels to memory chip manufacturers, right? ; )
So.. organizers of this group buy made a deal with Kingston to provide some memory chips(from Kingston warehouse or whatever) to nVidia to cover the shortage.
So.. organizers being businessman/sales ppl prly don't care about the technical details. But memory comes from Kingston, right?
Hence tthe statement GPUs will use Kingston memory Cheesy

Kapz786

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:09:02 PM

We have a meeting 1pm tomorrow in NYC, will get back to everyone after  I can ask about warranty, drop dead date, and  samples.

Best,
Amir

Looks like samples are pretty much a necessity if this Kingston thing is true. I highly doubt they are involved with NVIDIA even with the memory shortage
lbr

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:11:21 PM

GPUs will prly look like this ; )

ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:45:28 PM

Thank you for this, we will ask at 1PM ET today. If anyone has any other well researched questions like this please get them in by 12PM ET today. That's about 3 hrs and 20m from now

Best,
Amir
tunth

Activity: 278

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:37:30 PM

Hi, i would be interested too in some cards, deliverd to EU.

But have an technical question.
It is possible that Kingston has over stock of memory chips that Nvidia needs.
But as we so far know, these Gpus use GDDR5 Memmorychips, where did Kingston use this chips?
So far i can see they build ddr4 memory modules.

bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:56:23 AM

Some questions on this GB:

-Can an independent party review the sample (there are a few senior/legendary forum members e.g phillipma be sent a samples to review and give their opinion on the card). If so when will the first sample be made available. Can we have it reviewed asap as Im assuming the company is making gpus as we speak albeit not for this GB.

-How are people going to pay for this (those with sponsors) and why is it that if we buy through revolux.io there is no warranty or returns? Can we pay through traditional fiat methods like PayPal?

-What is the warranty period for these cards?

-What is the design of the sample. Have Ark and the organisers even seen them.

-Ark and others are in US, how best to distribute cards to say Canada (where I am) or is the manufacturer going to ship out to each MOQ location.

-What is the commission that the organisers get from doing this group buy? (whats the incentive for them)

-Is there a list for the orders? How do I know when I'll get my cards? Where do we sign up?
jb_95

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:03:50 AM

I'm interested in at least 50 units.  East coast USA.

@sAj1420 would you be willing to sponsor?
Cryoplex

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:58:45 AM

Some questions on this GB:

-Can an independent party review the sample?

-What is the warranty period for these cards?

-What is the commission that the organisers get from doing this group buy? (whats the incentive for them)

I second these questions, and Id also like to add:
Will the warrenty be different than other Founders Edition Cards?
Does the RMA process work the same?
Thank you Amir and Evan. Smiley
eTiMaGo

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:04:23 PM

Hi everyone, lurker on the forum but we are doing mining operations in Thailand and ramping up for a fairly large farm.

We're down for 500 units, maybe 1,000 depending on confirmed price.

Question, I assume they would all be shipped from Nvidia to Amir in California, then separated to the individual members? Or could shipping be arrange directly from Nvidia to us? Seems kinda wasteful to send them over the Pacific, twice.
sAj1420

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:06:56 PM

I'm interested in at least 50 units.  East coast USA.

@sAj1420 would you be willing to sponsor?

Yes I got you, contact me through one of the channels posted in the op
sAj1420

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:17:21 PM

I know it's not much, but I'd be interested in 20. West Coast, US.
What is the advantage to buying on OP's website vs. finding a sponsor?

Thanks!

I can do 20 for you, I was expecting a lot more 50 card orders so far so I’ll take a 20 for you
Sause01

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:33:22 PM

I am interested in 30, 1070's. crypto in escrow? Philadelphia area.
madsashimi

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:53:31 PM

Thank you for this, we will ask at 1PM ET today. If anyone has any other well researched questions like this please get them in by 12PM ET today. That's about 3 hrs and 20m from now

Best,
Amir

Have any of these questions and concerns been answered at this point? Interested in around 100 cards but without some more information and transparency I find it very hard to commit funds.
No.15

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:38:23 PM

Best,
Amir

Have any of these questions and concerns been answered at this point? Interested in around 100 cards but without some more information and transparency I find it very hard to commit funds.

Feel the same, even though I only plan on 10 I am waiting to see some of the questions answered
MyOldUserNameDiedIn2015

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:53:13 PM

I'm looking to get anywhere from 50 to 300 cards, but I also have questions about the some of the items that have been asked.  My concerns are:

• The Kingston memory?? - and the related question of what is the performance of the memory?  Is it Samsung or Micron speed, or neither?
  • Can we see sample of the GPU?  Will it look just like a FE card but be unbranded? Sorry if this has been answered.
caffinated

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:20:39 AM

GPUs will prly look like this ; )

where'd u find this on dhgate?
lbr

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:41:10 AM

where'd u find this on dhgate?

https://www.google.com/search?q=raid+card+with+ram&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDp--ssv_YAhVIiaYKHe_SBGkQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=646#imgrc=zfGs2o9QekSVPM:

Kapz786

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:01:49 PM

Any updates Amir?
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:41:28 PM

Any updates Amir?

Hey everyone, sorry for the delays. Had a very fruitful trip to NYC on Sunday, met with our reps, met with Saj, and got some questions answered:

1) Kingston: I brought up our concerns during the meeting, and it turns out there was a huge misunderstanding. You guys are right, Kingston has nothing to do with NVIDIA memory, and I mixed up two completely separate deals. The memory shortage is still true, but NVIDIA gets their chips from Samsung and one other major manufacturer which you all know but due to the NDA I signed, I cannot disclose. 
I take 100% responsibility for this confusion, I completely misunderstood the details of what was being presented to me and then failed to check my doubts with some quick google searches. My background is electrical engineering, so trust me I understand the difference. Just did not look into it deeply enough.

2) Warranty, support, samples, etc: these and all other terms can and will be discussed once we show proof of funds. We operate at or above 100% delivery commitment with the factory and we will not approach them unless we're 100% certain we can follow through. We can't flash big numbers without follow-through, and we can't get to the front of the line unless we have a big enough order. If we put together a deal that's massive enough, we will negotiate favorable terms. Warranty, samples, the whole nine yards. Anybody that's in this industry can tell you, with graphics cards pricing changes every day. We need to move fast if we want to lock down this price and lead time.

What this means for you: All we need is proof of funds. Nobody is asking you to send money to anyone. If 1070ti at $350 is something that excites you, all we need to make it happen is how many you're interested in and proof that you hand the funds to follow through on that order. We have an initial milestone of $20M this week. If we can put together $20M PROOF OF FUNDS by Wednesday/Thursday then we will move on to the next milestone. If we can't get $20M in proof of funds by this week, there is absolutely no way we're going to put together a 100M+ deal in any reasonable amount of time.

The point here is to figure out very quickly whether or not this is going to happen, and if it isn't we should minimize the amount of time we waste.

Progress: We have about $4M in proof of funds to be collected by Wednesday so far. We're meeting and taking phone calls all this week with Miners, VCs, Investment Bankers, and anyone else with deep pockets that's interested in buying lots of cards. 16M to go.

All we need to do is show that we're serious and that we deep enough pockets to back up our interest. From there, we will fight to get the best terms. Once we've locked down terms we pay the factory with credit (not the money you've put in escrow). Once the cards are made, they ship them to us, we inspect, and if all is well we release our funds.

Hope this clears up some confusion. Back to the grind for us. If you need me urgently, try pinging me on telegram @amirofcrypto.

All the best,
Amir
Fireballbu

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:20:54 PM

Ok, so the MOQ has gone up considerably from 10k units, since that would only be $3.5M. Keep us posted. Thanks Amir.
madsashimi

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:14:05 PM

Any updates Amir?

Hey everyone, sorry for the delays. Had a very fruitful trip to NYC on Sunday, met with our reps, met with Saj, and got some questions answered:

1) Kingston: I brought up our concerns during the meeting, and it turns out there was a huge misunderstanding. You guys are right, Kingston has nothing to do with NVIDIA memory, and I mixed up two completely separate deals. The memory shortage is still true, but NVIDIA gets their chips from Samsung and one other major manufacturer which you all know but due to the NDA I signed, I cannot disclose. 
I take 100% responsibility for this confusion, I completely misunderstood the details of what was being presented to me and then failed to check my doubts with some quick google searches. My background is electrical engineering, so trust me I understand the difference. Just did not look into it deeply enough.

2) Warranty, support, samples, etc: these and all other terms can and will be discussed once we show proof of funds. We operate at or above 100% delivery commitment with the factory and we will not approach them unless we're 100% certain we can follow through. We can't flash big numbers without follow-through, and we can't get to the front of the line unless we have a big enough order. If we put together a deal that's massive enough, we will negotiate favorable terms. Warranty, samples, the whole nine yards. Anybody that's in this industry can tell you, with graphics cards pricing changes every day. We need to move fast if we want to lock down this price and lead time.

What this means for you: All we need is proof of funds. Nobody is asking you to send money to anyone. If 1070ti at $350 is something that excites you, all we need to make it happen is how many you're interested in and proof that you hand the funds to follow through on that order. We have an initial milestone of $20M this week. If we can put together $20M PROOF OF FUNDS by Wednesday/Thursday then we will move on to the next milestone. If we can't get $20M in proof of funds by this week, there is absolutely no way we're going to put together a 100M+ deal in any reasonable amount of time.

The point here is to figure out very quickly whether or not this is going to happen, and if it isn't we should minimize the amount of time we waste.

Progress: We have about $4M in proof of funds to be collected by Wednesday so far. We're meeting and taking phone calls all this week with Miners, VCs, Investment Bankers, and anyone else with deep pockets that's interested in buying lots of cards. 16M to go.

All we need to do is show that we're serious and that we deep enough pockets to back up our interest. From there, we will fight to get the best terms. Once we've locked down terms we pay the factory with credit (not the money you've put in escrow). Once the cards are made, they ship them to us, we inspect, and if all is well we release our funds.

Hope this clears up some confusion. Back to the grind for us. If you need me urgently, try pinging me on telegram @amirofcrypto.

All the best,
Amir

While it's nice to have this additional information again I find myself not able to fully understand what is going on here. This group buy started at 10k units at a total value of $3.5m, the first post (last updated 3 days ago) shows commitments of about 5k units suggesting a status of about halfway.

In this post you indicated that you have commitments for over 11k units already and you are seeking commitments for an additional 45k+ units to even move forward. How are any of us expected to plan our financial commitments when the group buy is drastically changing constantly? Over the last few days the minimum appears to have ballooned by nearly a factor of 6!
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:29:39 PM

Any updates Amir?

All the best,
Amir

While it's nice to have this additional information again I find myself not able to fully understand what is going on here. This group buy started at 10k units at a total value of $3.5m, the first post (last updated 3 days ago) shows commitments of about 5k units suggesting a status of about halfway.

In this post you indicated that you have commitments for over 11k units already and you are seeking commitments for an additional 45k+ units to even move forward. How are any of us expected to plan our financial commitments when the group buy is drastically changing constantly? Over the last few days the minimum appears to have ballooned by nearly a factor of 6!

NVIDIA's annual revenue is in the billions, they don't do deals in in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and getting a ~5M deal done would have to be a favor, even when NVIDIA isn't as hot as it is right now.

People don't always take you seriously (especially online) when you start to throw around massive numbers. We could never crowdfund an order like this online in a reasonable amount of time, and even if we did it would fail miserably because the operational capacity to ship hundreds of thousands of cards to small buyers all around the globe doesn't just pop up out of nowhere.

The only way to get this done is to go through our networks and assemble all the biggest buyers. If we're able to pull that off, we can carve out a juicy order for ourselves here.
So far today we've had some really promising conversations, still sitting at 3.5M in proof of funds. We are meeting with this guy tonight, who is apparently really interested in mining: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelhchang/
Wish us luck.

All we need is proof that there are people interested who have the money. Nobody writes a single check.
kebabman

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:37:03 PM

In the US possibly interested in 50 or so cards.  How will all the logistics work?  I would need to be able to use escrow if im going in on someone elses deal if thats possible.  Im in the US, and when would you be looking to make the order since there is a 8-10 week lead time.  Thanks.

Great, can we meet up in person one day this coming week? I would like to meet with 3 or 4 veteran members to gain some validation for sponsoring others on here.  You can contact me through skype, email, ( saj1420@gmail.com)  telegram ( @saj1420 ) or I can PM you my cell if you prefer.

Tried to get in touchb Skype and Telegram, no luck. Sent you a PM hit me back so we can talk more. Smiley
wheelz1200
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:04:03 AM

So what is the moq now?  Way more than 10k it seems.  Unless you have a very large investor i dont think a group of miners will be buying 50k-100k 1070ti cards in one fell swoop from this community and be able to line up all the details, funding etc.  Although the price point is interesting....i could be wrong and hope i am.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
       +4,000       
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000   
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:31:48 AM

So what is the moq now?  Way more than 10k it seems.  Unless you have a very large investor i dont think a group of miners will be buying 50k-100k 1070ti cards in one fell swoop from this community and be able to line up all the details, funding etc.  Although the price point is interesting....i could be wrong and hope i am.

MOQ is 200,000 units, and we do have extremely large buyers interested. Working on setting up meetings this week. I'm very optimistic after today's calls.
wheelz1200
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:47:43 AM

MOQ is 200,000 units, and we do have extremely large buyers interested. Working on setting up meetings this week. I'm very optimistic after today's calls.

Dam thats a crazy amount of cards.  Ok will follow im just a possible small amount but will grab on if the cards fall right

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
       +4,000       
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000   
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
lossol

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:53:34 AM

I was interested. But how does the MOQ go from 10k units ($350 ea) at $3.5M to 50K+ units at $20M a few days later to now 200K units at $70M 9 hrs. Later. This is either insane or a scam as the numbers keep changing!
P00P135

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:18:53 AM

I was interested. But how does the MOQ go from 10k units ($350 ea) at $3.5M to 50K+ units at $20M a few days later to now 200K units at $70M 9 hrs. Later. This is either insane or a scam as the numbers keep changing!

Greed and stupidity.  By the time this "deal" comes together Volta will be shipping and no one will want their order.
jenia1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:48:42 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 09:28:32 AM by jenia1

in which form should we provide proof of funds?

In addition. In case this really takes off, I can offer my transport services, since I work directly with a warehouse in China that can ship it for substantially cheaper than any other conventional method such as DHL, UPS and so on... plus I have a warehouse in CA,US from which I can manage the  further distribution.

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

ark02 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:37:11 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 09:55:50 PM by ark02

In addition. In case this really takes off, I can offer my transport services, since I work directly with a warehouse in China that can ship it for substantially cheaper than any other conventional method such as DHL, UPS and so on... plus I have a warehouse in CA,US from which I can manage the  further distribution.

Letter from your bank stating you have the funds available to make a purchase of X size
For this week's milestone if you can get a copy of your statement or screenshot of your balance while your bank puts the paperwork together it would help.

What are the details? Can we discuss over the phone? We can use this now... haha

UPS hasn't been bad, as long as we keep the volume up we can get things from point A to point B pretty much anywhere in the world (with a few exceptions) for very cheap.
Freight / Air Freight is also not so bad, as long as we schedule everything well over a month in advance. It's the last minute freight deliveries that end up costing a ton.

Greed and stupidity.  By the time this "deal" comes together Volta will be shipping and no one will want their order.

If we get this deal together we'll be one of the first to get Voltas.

Q) Will we fall short of 100M and fail to get this order in?
A) It's very probable.

Q) Is there 100M out there of capital that is interested in buying these cards, and do they have a trustless way of helping us get to the next step?
A) 100%.

It's definitely doable. We just have to put this in front of the right people with the right checkbooks, and then work our a**es off to make sure they are 100% satisfied and all their terms are met.

I'm confident my team will pull through on that.

All we need right now is Proof of Funds.

Best,
Amir
jenia1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:37:24 AM

In addition. In case this really takes off, I can offer my transport services, since I work directly with a warehouse in China that can ship it for substantially cheaper than any other conventional method such as DHL, UPS and so on... plus I have a warehouse in CA,US from which I can manage the  further distribution.

Letter from your bank stating you have the funds available to make a purchase of X size
For this week's milestone if you can get a copy of your statement or screenshot of your balance while your bank puts the paperwork together it would help.

What are the details? Can we discuss over the phone? We can use this now... haha

UPS hasn't been bad, as long as we keep the volume up we can get things from point A to point B pretty much anywhere in the world (with a few exceptions) for very cheap.
Freight / Air Freight is also not so bad, as long as we schedule everything well over a month in advance. It's the last minute freight deliveries that end up costing a ton.

Amir

Hey Amir.

Feel free to contact me via any of the methods I have on my profile here. preferably skype so we can organize a call
Best.

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Skipbay69

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:30:27 AM

Amir check your email my friend is still interested and would like to meet up thanks.
sAj1420

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:07:26 PM

I am working on getting my list and proof of funds over to Amir and Evan tonight, can anyone that wanted to order less than 300 and who wanted to go through me please contact me as soon as possible? You can text me or call me at 1-413-251-9291 - text is usually the best  way to get a hold of me.
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:51:34 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 08:12:55 AM by ark02

We're tallying up the PoF received so far. Looking really good, very excited to update you all tonight.

If you're past the 300 minimum order threshold, please try to send in your proof of funds tonight. The farther we blow through our targets the faster we can lock down pricing.

EDIT:
Week 1 Goal: $20M PoF
Week 1 Results: $29M PoF

2/5/18 Goal: $40M PoF
2/8/18 Goal: $80M PoF

We blew past the first milestone in just over three days! Mostly though, THANK YOU guys for spreading the word around and getting a number of big players to come out of the woodworks.
We have our meeting in 9hrs, if you've got Proof of Funds that we're waiting on please try to get whatever you can in before 9am PT so we can walk in with over 30M PoF.

Otherwise, keep posting on telegram/twitter/facebook and reach out to anyone you know who has already heavily invested in mining, and send them to this thread. We've made a shortlink: http://link.revolux.io/bitcointalk
Related: We recently did this podcast ( http://link.revolux.io/cryptocousins ) and had TONS of fun. You guys think someone would be willing to take us on as guests? We're itching to do more.

Fingers crossed, we might just be able to pull this off. After all of this week's phone calls, I'm very optimistic. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Onwards,
Amir

jenia1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:00:58 PM

can we also provide a proof of funds  with a BTC address signing?

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

jenia1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:46:22 AM

Hey Amir,

so where are we standing currently?

P.S
You still didn't contact me.

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

ark02 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:40:25 AM

can we also provide a proof of funds  with a BTC address signing?

Yes just sign a message stating the quantity you're requesting and e-mail it over.

Hey Amir,

so where are we standing currently?

P.S
You still didn't contact me.

Sorry I haven't posted any updates in a few days!
We've been really really swamped traveling all over the place in back-to-back meetings for the last week and a half now. In general, If I don't get back to someone:
1) please forgive me, and then
2) please check http://vyte.in/amir where you can overlay your calendar onto mine and find a time that works for you to hop on a call.

[Pics to come once I'm off this sh**ty plane WiFi]
I'm currently being flown out of Chicago and into NYC, and will be there all day tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up. More big meetings lined up, and then lawyers lawyers lawyers.

We're sitting at ~$35M Proof of Funds collected! We're pushing to lock down pricing and other specifics this week, and waiting for some bigger buyers to send in actual Proof of Funds letters from their banks (some provided screenshots, statements, deposit slips, etc.) We're OK to approach the factory for now though, and we want to keep moving fast with this.

QUESTIONS:
  • A number of you have mentioned you're interested in 1080ti's instead of 1070ti's. As mentioned in the op, this is entirely up to us but we need to have a discussion about it. Based on our calculations, price/MH and MH/W 1070ti was the better choice. Please discuss
  • Are you guys open to other non-gpu options (like ODM ASIC's) that require a smaller order size, if the graphics cards don't happen?

TO DO FOR US:
  • I've messaged everyone on the list who is over the 300 unit minimum, some of you I cannot PM. Please set up a call here; http://vyte.in/amir
  • There is a hefty list of people who need sponsors. We need an organized effort for these people to group up and then go find someone they trust to handle their transaction/escrow
  • If you have the operational capacity to sponsor cards, please announce your terms here!

jenia1, third times the charm. Let's link up!

Best,
Amir
BenCodie
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

6.25 ---> 3.125

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:28:08 AM

I'm watching this thread from couple of weeks and but seems you guys didn't managed to get anything yet except assumptions.
Can you guys tell me how and when this GB going to happen, what is lead time kindly PM me with more detail, I might be interested in 100+ GPUs if this is legit.

Thanks
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:03:16 PM

I'm watching this thread from couple of weeks and but seems you guys didn't managed to get anything yet except assumptions.
Can you guys tell me how and when this GB going to happen, what is lead time kindly PM me with more detail, I might be interested in 100+ GPUs if this is legit.

Thanks

Happy to discuss details here or on the public telegram channel, as I'm sure others will have similar questions as well. There are no assumptions, just a very clear goal and actionable steps to get there without risking any buyer money.

--

We had a very productive dinner last night and meetings today in NYC. We're still waiting to hear back from the factory about engaging with us, we went forward with what we had but we're still short 40M. In the meantime, Evan and I have been on calls answering questions for those interested in orders in the 5-25M range.

Some new updates:
  • So.... we can't be publicly talking about pricing like this. I don't foresee it being a problem unless this thread really blows up, right now it's just a subset of us smaller guys pooling our cash to put in an order with the 10M+ guys.
  • We now have a public company telegram: t.me/revoluxio  -  I think this will help with getting people's questions answered in a timely manner in case I'm not available, etc.
  • There is also the @HardwareMarketplace telegram, which is not moderated by us, but I am active on there

Best,
Amir
Crypto S
Copper Member

Activity: 243
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:15:18 AM

Hello , i have a question regarding Revolux Sponsor. I Would like to order 6 , do i have to pay upfront or just PoF now and wait for an announcement. I dont have any objection with paying now , just asking for clarification. Thanks in advance!
Kapz786

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:28:24 AM

Hello , i have a question regarding Revolux Sponsor. I Would like to order 6 , do i have to pay upfront or just PoF now and wait for an announcement. I dont have any objection with paying now , just asking for clarification. Thanks in advance!

If your only ordering 6 you need to go through a sponsor (someone who will be purchasing a large order)
Crypto S
Copper Member

Activity: 243
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:36:57 AM

Yeah, i know, that is why i am asking about the revolux sponsor in particular which is OP's site as he states in 1st post.My question was whether i have to send money now to the sponsor or PoF although i think i have to send the money upfront as said in 1st post as well. Am i  getting this right ?
Kapz786

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:02:58 AM

Yeah, i know, that is why i am asking about the revolux sponsor in particular which is OP's site as he states in 1st post.My question was whether i have to send money now to the sponsor or PoF although i think i have to send the money upfront as said in 1st post as well. Am i  getting this right ?

The details for this group buy have not been decided it's still early stages. It would be very unwise to send money to anyone at all for this group buy yet until those details are finalised.

Pick a sponsor, let them know how many you want and then they will let you know when to make payment (I highly suggest using escrow unless your sponsor is well trusted)
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:55:44 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 02:54:00 PM by ark02

Yeah, i know, that is why i am asking about the revolux sponsor in particular which is OP's site as he states in 1st post.My question was whether i have to send money now to the sponsor or PoF although i think i have to send the money upfront as said in 1st post as well. Am i  getting this right ?

The details for this group buy have not been decided it's still early stages. It would be very unwise to send money to anyone at all for this group buy yet until those details are finalized.

Pick a sponsor, let them know how many you want and then they will let you know when to make payment (I highly suggest using escrow unless your sponsor is well trusted)

100%
Thank you for clarifying this.

The point of this thread is for everyone to state their interest, to discuss who to pick/ask for sponsorship, etc.

We would also like sponsors to come forth and announce their terms & conditions. More details in op.

Before you pick your sponsor, please have a lively discussion, ask questions, do your research, and don't send your money to anyone you don't trust, or anyone you haven't discussed terms & conditions with.

Trust chain:
The entire point of this bulk buy is that nobody's money should ever be risked until we've got trusted verifiable proof that the cards are real, in our hands, and pass our inspections. At the very top of the chain, we have bulk buyers and sponsors who are either doing escrow or standby letter of credit. Their money is never at risk until cards are in their hands.
Think: Trustless top, sponsor of the "trust chain". All that is required to establish a "source" of trustlessness is Proof of Funds.

Then, you have people who are being sponsored by someone. They are the links of the trust chain. These people are at risk because if they send their money to a "sponsor" today, they are trusting that the sponsor will:
  • 1) be capable and competent enough to ship cards in a timely manner
  • 2) In the event the buy does not happen, be able to give you a timely refund

The way you go about securing these things depends on the terms of your sponsor. Do you trust them? Have they been vetted by trusted forum members? Do you know them personally? Local pickup? Escrow? Standby letter of credit? Etc etc.
Like Kapz said:
Escrow is highly suggested unless your sponsor is well trusted

Do your research. Have a discussion here, and on telegram.

Hope this clears some confusion. Mod and trusted member help is really appreciated here.

Best,
Amir

EDIT: I'm in London Feb 9-10. Anyone want to meet up?
sAj1420

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:44:49 PM

Yeah, i know, that is why i am asking about the revolux sponsor in particular which is OP's site as he states in 1st post.My question was whether i have to send money now to the sponsor or PoF although i think i have to send the money upfront as said in 1st post as well. Am i  getting this right ?

The details for this group buy have not been decided it's still early stages. It would be very unwise to send money to anyone at all for this group buy yet until those details are finalized.

100%

The point of this thread is for everyone to state their interest, to discuss who to pick/ask for sponsorship, etc.

We would also like sponsors to come forth and announce their terms & conditions. More details in op.

Before you pick your sponsor, please have a lively discussion, ask questions, do your research, and don't send your money to anyone you don't trust, or anyone you haven't discussed terms & conditions with.

Trust chain:
The entire point of this bulk buy is that nobody's money should ever be risked until we've got trusted verifiable proof that the cards are real, in our hands, and pass our inspections. At the very top of the chain, we have bulk buyers and sponsors who are either doing escrow or standby letter of credit. Their money is never at risk until cards are in their hands.
Think: Trustless top, sponsor of the "trust chain". All that is required to establish a "source" of trustlessness is Proof of Funds.

Then, you have people who are being sponsored by someone. They are the links of the trust chain. These people are at risk because if they send their money to a "sponsor" today, they are trusting that the sponsor will:

The way you go about securing these things depends on the terms of your sponsor. Do you trust them? Have they been vetted by trusted forum members? Do you know them personally? Local pickup? Escrow? Standby letter of credit? Etc etc.
Like Kapz said:

Hope this clears some confusion. Mod and trusted member help is really appreciated here.

Best,
Amir

Anyone needing a sponsor can contact me, I’m already sponsoring quite a few people, and won’t be taking any funds until the cards are sitting at the port. I have met in person with Amir & Evan, and have talked on the phone with many people in this thread. I’m in MA and I’m willing to meet up with anyone that is interested. Contact details have been posted a few times!
BenCodie
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

6.25 ---> 3.125

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:52:55 PM

100%

Trust chain:

Like Kapz said:

Best,
Amir

Can you PM me your contact number and email

Thanks
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:30:18 PM

This is all interesting, put the past several pages have left me with more questions than anything.. could easily buy 100 units..

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:42:02 PM

any photos? basically, is this item with blower fan (ref. design from NV) or not?
syrius

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:14:17 PM

Is there an end date before we can order or this offer is good until April?

Thanks.
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:24:48 PM

Can take 100 1070 Ti, shipping to India. But first require more details. There is many things missing.

cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:05:03 AM

I'm looking at 24 to 32 units.

Who can sponsor me for those numbers?
MyOldUserNameDiedIn2015

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:59:25 PM

I'd like to purchase 50 units.  Can I get a sponsor.  Thx.
evanrva

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:56:17 PM

Hello,

Myself and my partner are looking for a sponsor for 100 units.

We live in the Southern Ca area and would prefer to do business in person but it is not mandatory.

Method of payment is credit card with plenty of available credit.

Please reach out to me through PM or telegram.

Thanks!
Ziazmere

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:32:47 PM

I would like at least 10 - 15 units, Transaction through Paypal or CC. I have looked at the sponsors from the OP, and http://link.revolux.io/1070ti might work for myself. I just need more info:

Are these single fan cards?
Has the memory been determined: Samsung or Hynix or some other brand?
If the GPUs are "Estimated ship dates for our units is April 15-30", per http://link.revolux.io/1070ti. Then what is the expected turn around time from sponsor to purchaser (+ shipping provider used + shipping cost).

It's been 7 days since the last major update.
There is still no email setup for this GB.

I like the Idea of this GB, but more info is need from the OP.

Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:33:16 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 05:20:04 PM by Oakey22

Is this only a US deal? I am looking around around 300 cards if you can ship international.
lap88

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:00:22 AM

What is the status of this? Not much updates in a week or so. I can do 1k pcs btw.
minebomb

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:42:11 PM

I am interested for 20 units
ark02 (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:03:16 PM

Hello Everyone:

Here is the long overdue update. We've moved beat by beat discussion to our telegram group:
https://t.me/revoluxio
Please join the discussion there, and on @HardwareMarket

Telegram update:

We've talked with many of you face-to-face over the last two weeks and took hundreds of calls. Our numbers are strong, and we are incredibly excited—we have the experience, advisors, and contacts to bring Revolux to unparalleled success.

Our first step was to gather enough proof of funds to approach the factory, which has been done. We are proud of our founders and advisors that have brought together countless different entrepreneurs and connections all together to make this happen.

The next step was compliance. We have to make sure we're 100% buttoned up, legally—Revolux plays by the book. This involves talking to the factories and understanding the terms and listening to what they wanted in a deal. Once we understood their requirements, we drafted it up into NDA, and we just executed that last week. Our lawyers and legal contracts are ensuring we and our investors are fully protected. 

Last Friday, 2/16, was the first hard contact with the factory. So far it has been lots of soft contact, but now we are awaiting pricing, lead times, and which product we're getting. We are aware of the new, upcoming NVIDIA architecture—more details to come as we are able to discuss it.   

Our Taiwanese contacts just got back to work yesterday, and our Chinese contacts get back from their new year next week. We don’t anticipate hearing back from the factories this week.   

Expect additional updates at the beginning of March.

If we haven't had a chance to speak with you, please send us a PM, or schedule a time to have a phone call here;
http://vyte.in/amir

We'll be updating the OP shortly. Related: does anyone know any cool podcasts that could help get the word out?

Best,
Amir
janismm88

Activity: 201

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:28:13 AM

I doont understand Current milestone:

$20M Proof of Funds
    $40M Proof of Funds

Progress: $29M Proof of Funds
but you order 10000 cards @$350 each it's 3.5 million total why $40m proof of funds?
sAj1420

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:29:46 PM

I can, contact me at joe@cryptoswagco.com or text me at +1-413-251-9291

-Joe
EricJH801

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:03:50 PM

Do you have a minimum on what you would sponsor, I might be interested in some of them.

I can, contact me at joe@cryptoswagco.com or text me at +1-413-251-9291

-Joe
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:16:19 PM

I doont understand Current milestone:

$20M Proof of Funds
    $40M Proof of Funds

Progress: $29M Proof of Funds
but you order 10000 cards @$350 each it's 3.5 million total why $40m proof of funds?

The math makes no sense of course.  Why how dare you question a group buy for a product in high demand right now that people would blindly through their money at Smiley
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:34:43 PM

Is this GB still in the works or has it died on the vine?

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
P00P135

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:35:05 AM

Is this GB still in the works or has it died on the vine?

Pretty sure he just used this site as a launchpad to find the big fish to scam.  Roll Eyes
janismm88

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:56:08 PM

I highly doubt it's possible to buy like this... or many big distributors would already made orders like this. And numbers doesn't add up. If it's 10K cards @$350 each then why rising 40million?Huh We are speaking for 50% profit margin in electronics which is unheard off...
Miner22

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:01:25 PM

Ya that's right, That's just the name of post-- Its a lot more than 10k GPUs -for more info --- https://t.me/revoluxio or https://revolux.io/
kebabman

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:45:11 PM

So looks like this fell through, quelle surprise.  Roll Eyes
P00P135

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:01:02 PM

Wonder who got scammed  Roll Eyes
greed098

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:52:38 PM

poof! i was hoping it would materialize but no progress with this gb. hope no one got scammed.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:24:32 AM

out of curiosity what model of 1070ti are available?
jenia1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:20:36 AM

I scheduled a conference call with Amir several times. he continuously failed to attend it... hope no one got hurt.

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

ark02 (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:05:29 PM

I scheduled a conference call with Amir several times. he continuously failed to attend it... hope no one got hurt.

Wonder who got scammed  Roll Eyes

Hi Guys,

Nobody got scammed since we did not take any cash from anybody.

Anyone who pre-ordered on the website was either refunded or sent the equivalent value in RX580s or other cards of choice.

We are still able to source cards, and we can facilitate the group buys, and as always we can still use escrow.

With this group buy, we secured a soft commit but as we moved forward it became evident that they did not want to sell to us because we were:
1) working with miners
2) Not able to complete NVIDIA's compliance process in a reasonable timeframe.

As with any ambitious endeavor, there are always haters.

Most of the discussion has moved to the telegram group, and we're able to do smaller batch orders for the 1070ti, 1080ti, etc. We spent the last few months doing some of these spot deals for customers who had provided proof of funds and had verified demand.

Jenia, I literally take conference calls all day. If we missed you, that's not normal.
Feel free to contact me directly over telegram (@amirofcrypto), linkedin, or however you prefer and I'll forward my personal cell phone so we can have a chat.

Best,
Amir
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: