Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:34:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Screw that, I'm hodling  (Read 986 times)
grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:31:39 AM

BItcoin failed as a payment system, LN is a joke, governments cracking down. It's game over, next stop $8000 after that I see it crashing < $4000

Because you are SHORT on BTC?

What's wrong with 4000? It was $496 19 months ago

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:32:38 AM

I didn't fall for the bullshit and I'll never sell. Bitcoin > fiat. No amount of fiat is worth my precious bitcoins that no government can touch or inflate. The fiat price is irrelevant. People should know that by now.

Agreed. Fiat price is the long term is irrlevant and for any long term holders you should not be bothered by the short term price fluctuations at all. It'll only make you worry more than you really should, in my opinion.

But it's still important to analyze the bitcoin price movements, since there are a lot of people out there that see bitcoin as an investment and don't necessarily have the belief you and I have in bitcoin for the long term.

But this fall is easy to predict, price is going to go back up as soon as the FUD is over. And it seems like it's either now or very soon that bitcoin will start going up once again.

Smiley
henriquelb

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:30:00 AM

I am on the same position as you, i will never sell all my coins, and not even with this market price, it is too low for almost all the altcoins at the moment.. Selling all of them with the current price would be a waste of time and money for all those who bought it higher than what it is right now.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:11:21 AM

I've sold my coins recently. If history taught us anything, we know the bubbles are parabolic, but the bear trends are super long. I'm not worried, it's unlikely going to go up anymore for a long time.

It's going to take a lot of new money to sustain bitcoin, who is going to put millions and millions onto some exchange now?

There are literally hundreds of thousands of people signing up on exchanges every single day. That's who.

Yup, and the current 24h volume on kraken is 20,243.61 (yesterday ~same hour it was ~15k).

That is litterally millions and millions. Smiley

Well those guys don't really know and trust what bitcoin can do in just a day or should they already sold their bitcoin in dip and panic. Whatever happens to bitcoin, I'm still holding into it and no big fuds can leaving bitcoin behind from anything else. Sure later there will be someone here will mock around here and wiping their tears.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:20:38 AM

I've sold my coins recently. If history taught us anything, we know the bubbles are parabolic, but the bear trends are super long. I'm not worried, it's unlikely going to go up anymore for a long time.

It's going to take a lot of new money to sustain bitcoin, who is going to put millions and millions onto some exchange now?
You are lucky if you sell your coins at the higher price, because price of bitcoin now in the market was seems dropping down and its hard for them to recover. For the reason that some countries in Asia was banned the bitcoin, but I was not totally believe on that because article and blogs have lacked of evidences.
Maybe they need to prove it clearly because if they can't do that they can't believe that bitcoin together with the other cryptos are ban. In my speculation most of the big whale withdraw their balance and invest to the other crypto's.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:15:10 PM

I didn't fall for the bullshit and I'll never sell. Bitcoin > fiat. No amount of fiat is worth my precious bitcoins that no government can touch or inflate. The fiat price is irrelevant. People should know that by now.
People know that but many are not planning to cash out and have that money in the bank they plan to buy things with it, houses, cars and other luxurious things, I will hold my bitcoin for as long as I can but once I reach my goals I will not have any problem selling most of my bitcoin and enjoy the rest of my life with a good standard of living while the rest of the people have to work until they are old.
goaldigger

Activity: 2366
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:33:25 PM

I am actually holding too. If i sell my bitcoin, i would probably loss though. If the whales withdraw their account the bitcoin will struggle to get high. But i know many people wanted to invest when bitcoin price is low so i will not lose hope and still hold. I hope The amount of small people investing can accumulate the whales who withdraw.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1337

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:15:33 PM

I currently am in the same state of mind as last January. BTC went up and then straight down. I have learn my lesson, next November / December I'll probably sell a few to take profit.
Plus, I am trying to be realistic here :
-There was an unprecedented bullrun to 20k. Odds are veeeery very thin that, in the life of btc, we don't see another similar bullrun again.
-Goldman Sachs exchange !
-Lightning network (dunno really if this will help btc to recover, but hey, still looks bullish to me)
-Maybe some future nice fork annoucements ?
-No more weak hands since the 'crash'

I am hodling at least until mid summer of this year. And if the price stays down, then that would mean to me that I definitely missed the big opportunity at the 20K USD ATH.

HODL
The lightning network is the biggest reason to be bullish about bitcoin, bitcoin has value not because of some inherent value or a decree of the government, it has value because of the network and the utility that provides, the lightning network will make micro payments possible again and the issues with the scaling will be a thing of the past, this is critical and it is the reason I think bitcoin could reach 40k in this year.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:27:02 PM

I still believe bitcoin have a lot of things ahead that is going to make it worth holding. Lightening network is one, which probably will brew in a lot of mass adoption. We learn our lessons anyway but I will prefer to say that if you are not so sure of when to pull out, or probably you really do not need the cash anyway, and your plan is to hold for long, then there is no need gambling the time to cash out as you may still end up being on the loosing end if the value just keep testing new ATH on and on. I keep saying that we ain't yet seen FOMOs. Your decision is pretty good though if you want to follow the past trends, but they do not always work like that as you will need the charts to make that decision.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:28:46 AM

I still believe bitcoin have a lot of things ahead that is going to make it worth holding. Lightening network is one, which probably will brew in a lot of mass adoption. We learn our lessons anyway but I will prefer to say that if you are not so sure of when to pull out, or probably you really do not need the cash anyway, and your plan is to hold for long, then there is no need gambling the time to cash out as you may still end up being on the loosing end if the value just keep testing new ATH on and on. I keep saying that we ain't yet seen FOMOs. Your decision is pretty good though if you want to follow the past trends, but they do not always work like that as you will need the charts to make that decision.

We can always be so sure in holding a lot and lot of bitcoin because I really think it is the most stable and will not gonna dip in the zero value not like the other coins, we can say that we are making big in other cryptocurrency today but can they hold their ground if certain something happen to them not like bitcoin that have been in the same kind of situation but still recovering until now, Even though some coins are saying that they have cheaper fee, faster transaction, and more secure Blockchain I really think they all have their ups and downs and I would simply just believe in bitcoin because it is sure and trusted.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:21:41 PM

You've really missed that big opportunity last year of Dec when bitcoin pirce make ATH and that is all what we are regretting until now and now we are all expecting that it will make another ATH because most of us saying that this is the right time to buy which is right because as we can see it really drops 50% the last ATH but what if bitcoin price drops even more? We all don't really know what will happen with bitcoin.  Huh
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:37:55 PM

NO need to be very worried bitcoin just hit centre stage and all interested parties are seeing how stable the bitcoin market is ... I expect from February and beyond things to be okay and btc price will start to climb and if the long awaited Lightning network does come to play bitcoin will be bullish and chances of an ATH are high.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:30:47 PM

I currently am in the same state of mind as last January. BTC went up and then straight down. I have learn my lesson, next November / December I'll probably sell a few to take profit.
-There was an unprecedented bullrun to 20k. Odds are veeeery very thin that, in the life of btc, we don't see another similar bullrun again.
-Lightning network (dunno really if this will help btc to recover, but hey, still looks bullish to me)

I am hodling at least until mid summer of this year. And if the price stays down, then that would mean to me that I definitely missed the big opportunity at the 20K USD ATH.

HODL

I’m also holding because if I sell, I could miss out on some huge gains this year. I don’t know if the price will meander sideways for a while or not, but I don’t want to take a chance on missing the big price increase when it happens. We know that’s going to come at some point, we just don’t know when that will be exactly.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:35:18 PM

Holding is always the best option. I have been holding for years, and the peak to nearly $20,000 made my holdings worth more than ever before, but it's nothing more than a profit on paper. In the same way, you have just a loss on paper. If you have been following the market for a while, and see how profitable these movements are, try to trade the market. One stash is purely for holding purposes (you don't touch these coins for a very long time), and one stash purely for trading purposes. These insanely volatile days allow you to take advantage of these money making opportunities, but you have to understand what you are doing, and have to be willing to trade against the volatility. If you're not a trader, then just keep holding and use these lower levels to accumulate (if you have free capital).

The issue with this is that holding isn't always the best option. Holding is the best option only if you believe that after each peak, bitcoin will surpass that peak once more in the future. There will be a time where bitcoin ultimately stops going up, and that's pretty much inevitable. We just don't know when that will be.

Instead, OP use your research (which I see you do a little of just by the post and future events of BTC) to buy low and sell high. Remember, you don't have any profit (technically) until you get your money back to whatever original currency you were using. In the crypto markets, nothing is guaranteed.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:34:49 PM
Merited by Samarkand (2)

The issue with this is that holding isn't always the best option. Holding is the best option only if you believe that after each peak, bitcoin will surpass that peak once more in the future. There will be a time where bitcoin ultimately stops going up, and that's pretty much inevitable. We just don't know when that will be.
That part of your post includes everything that's needed to be said about why holding has been the best option thus far, and still IS the best option in the forthcoming years due to the insane growth potential. I probably shouldn't have used the term always, because this directly implies that the market will always keep increasing, and that indeed can't be the case for ever. However, with what we have experienced in growth thus far, and with the potential growth that we can still gain, holding at this point remains the best and easiest way of getting that growth exposure.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:58:58 AM

HODL

I am with you reading the previous post do not believe that bitcoin will rise again but I am very positive that it will. Just hodl and just ignore the noise, stick with your strategy.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:43:23 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 06:56:06 AM by lablab03

I am with you reading the previous post do not believe that bitcoin will rise again but I am very positive that it will. Just hodl and just ignore the noise, stick with your strategy.
just let that noobs eat their words bro. Cause they will repent for sure when they noticed after a days the price jump again to the all time high valued.  And thats right ignore those noisy fuds. Lol and keep holding or accumulate to buy more while the price is gaining some strength to climb. Because this situation is temporary and indeed after this the price will continue to pump.
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:39:59 AM

Good.You have did a great job.Hold bitcoin bro.You will have a bright future.I can't assure you that this summer whether the price of bitcoin will rise or not, but I can tell you that bitcoin will soon recover it's bad time and can stand again in the highest profited level..Why are you so aggressive to sell your bitcoin.Your bitcoin can give you a profit.What will fiat do??Fiat just can fulifill your needs.But bitcoin is able enough to fulfill your dreams bro!!

But yet if you want to sell them ,I'll suggest you to hold them until this year end.Because,there was a prediction made that the price will reach to an unbelievable state in the end of this year.So,be patient and wait..It will be better for you.

biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:55:17 PM

BItcoin failed as a payment system, LN is a joke, governments cracking down. It's game over, next stop $8000 after that I see it crashing < $4000

Because you are SHORT on BTC?

What's wrong with 4000? It was $496 19 months ago

It is not easy to be a Bitcoin hodler (do not mix it with holder!). You have to have very strong nervous system and great patience. By the way, this video about the biggest Bitcoin hodlers can inspire those who is not going to sell his coins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c5yGrv4Id0
sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:14:05 PM

So, how's that hodling working out for you? Made any money?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: