Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:13:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is currently losing money on bitcoin?  (Read 794 times)
erre (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:06:38 PM

I suppose that there are some newbies (and some non-newbies too) out there who got invested over 10k, and are currently losing money.
Losing money is very stressfull, so I was just wondering... are you cutting your losses or you will hodl your stash untill 2020 and more following an "all or nothing" strategy?

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stefantt

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:38:42 PM

Not losing money if I don't sell Wink
I've seen dips like this before, I kept strong and hodl and it ended up good.
Enjel

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:41:50 PM

I suppose that there are some newbies (and some non-newbies too) out there who got invested over 10k, and are currently losing money.
Losing money is very stressfull, so I was just wondering... are you cutting your losses or you will hodl your stash untill 2020 and more following an "all or nothing" strategy?

You've only lost money if you've cashed out at a lower price than you've bought in at.

As long as you hold the Bitcoins, you have Bitcoins (or whatever crypto you have).

The market price is always fluctuating, and chances are you'll have a chance to make a profit at some point, even if it takes a while.

Using crypto to pay for college.
Deeyoh

Activity: 258
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:44:37 PM

Dunno, but all this dumping into my buys is actually making me money.
Nosk

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:49:52 PM

I mined a few back in 2013 and then martin-galed some, so.... I can't lose money.
ThinkerTinkerMaker

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:13:13 PM

I made decent gains at the end of last year and tucked most it away at Vanguard. What I didn't remove from the cryptoworld i used in some day trading; over the last few days I'm at a loss of about 1/4ish the USD i kept around to trade with, the FUD did get to me (I will admit) when the market started speeding towards 11000. Overall I'm at a net gain and very happy about that but I'm still disappointed that I'm starting the year off with some losses. I have buy orders in now with a hodl mentality again and will probably spend less time trying my hand at day trading.
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 02:16:47 PM

You've only lost money if you've cashed out at a lower price than you've bought in at.

If you look at it this way though, it is a double edged sword. If you bought bitcoin at $100 and still haven't sold yet, you have not gained any money yet. IMO if you bought at $100 and held until now without selling, you are still currently losing a LOT of money. It's important to realize gains.

fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:36:06 PM

Everybody is. Bitcoin is money, if its value drops, then you are losing money.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:41:37 PM

I think doing a hold is very precise compared to cutloss. and adding another investment at a lower btc price. so you can earn multiple benefits when bitcoin prices go up again. and that seems to be the case with many investors who have long played in bitcoin.
PpaatToupee

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:42:37 PM

I just bought some at $10k, looks like it's down  Cry worried I made the wrong decision...
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:44:37 PM

On the paper, right now most people who are dealing with crypto currencies are losing money in some way.
Personally I am a big fan of the hodl strategy.
There were so many ups and downs, after a while I got used to them. Even to big ones like we see them at the moment.
At my early days, I tried to get ahead of the wave by selling and rebuying. That brought me nothing but stress and it never worked out the way I expected it to do.
Now I'm a hodler, and I sleep well. Never underestimate how important a good sleep at night is!

It's me!!!
Yeperdoodle

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:46:03 PM

Sadly I bought some BTC around 9,800 thinking it might be the bottom.. A little worried now as it went down to 9500 levels.
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 02:48:31 PM

I just bought some at $10k, looks like it's down  Cry worried I made the wrong decision...

Never buy any asset when it is behaving the way bitcoin is behaving now. Don't try to catch a falling knife. IMO you shouldn't invest in bitcoin at all but if you are going to, wait for it to calm down. Buying now is just 100% gambling. Pure luck - and the odds are stacked against you.

Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:19:15 PM

Everyone is losing at this point. The amount of losses depends only on the price they bought the currency for. Some lose more others less which is still very stressful for everyone.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:34:01 PM

I don't lose money. I don't sell now your coins. I believe that bitcoin restore their strength. Sell your coins now is a great folly. If each user is to keep calm and hold bitcoin, it will create a shortage of coins and the price will automatically go up. We are to blame for what is happening.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:42:35 PM

Why till 2020 ? More or less you will be proven wrong as bitcoin price will bounce back into $20k levels within this month for sure. Only the new investors who are treating bitcoin like any other stocks may get panic and will decide to cut losses earlier. But for those who are believing into the core concepts of bitcoin will not get panic even they have bought bitcoin above $10k levels.

Everyone is losing at this point. The amount of losses depends only on the price they bought the currency for. Some lose more others less which is still very stressful for everyone.
May be losses in profit portions but definitely not in initial capital. Because I do see lots of people are holding bitcoins at least from 2015 and they might have bought bitcoins around $500 to $800 levels hence they will not go into any stressful experience.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:28:59 PM

Everybody is. Bitcoin is money, if its value drops, then you are losing money.

That is no true at all.
The value is lower and if you have bought bitcoin on higher price than current and want to sell it now you will lose. But if you don't sell you lose only on paper, in theory and not for real. The best situation is of course if you have earned your coins.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:41:47 PM

I think many of us, Bitcoin investors, are in a situation like that... For me it's not a good idea to cut the losses by selling BTCs now or soon when the price rises a little, we are talking about Bitcoins, so it's "safe" to keep holding until you achieve the price you want to sell your coins, however it might not be necessary to wait by 2020 to sell, trading meanwhile would be recommended to maximize the profits.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:51:54 PM

There is no such a thing as losing when you just keep holding through. I know what the market can do, and accept that, so in good times I don't sell, and during "bad times" I don't sell. The only thing I do is try to do some trading in order to benefit from current fluctuations, and that's really it. And regarding losing money is very stressful, that only goes up if you invest with borrowed money, or invest with money that isn't meant to be invested. Over-investing can be a problem too -- never open positions that are too large, and especially not at times where the market is very close to peak levels. It's basically asking for problems....
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 08:09:49 PM

Well, at the moment my Bitcoin dollar's is depreciating and i have full hope that the value will appreciate in time to come. Am not loosing money at the moment because i am not a panic seller because i believe in Bitcoin that value will bounce back from this current decline as a result of North Korea and China FUD. It is only people who sell at lost that will be counting their lost and not because Bitcoin and altcoins value are depreciating in dollar value.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: