Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USB block erupters are now useless. $5 - $7 each.  (Read 26000 times)
ijphlrnxewho (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:28:42 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2013, 02:25:30 PM by Actor_Tom_Truong

USB block erupters are now useless. The price is too high.

Difficulty is now over 65,750,060
The correct price for USB block erupters should be around $5 to $7 USD each.

-------------------
Read more about the upcoming coin known known as the CryptoKnight (CVT)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276943.msg2956429#msg2956429

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mine your Bitcoins at his majesty the King Cuong V Truong's pool.

If you know your wrongs and want to change your life or if you are just a greedy bastard that love money. You can now swim in my magic pool and wash away your sins. Behold, His majesty the King Cuong V Truong Bitcoin mining pool.

Payment Structure

99% goes to you.
     1% goes to the pool.

To wash away your sins; You must mine at my pool:
http://howtocc.triplemining.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended thread:

List of factories that make FPGA Bitcoin mining machines
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297206.new#new

Bitcoin Mining PCI-E Card 10Gh/s card for only $100
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287706.0

USB block erupters are now useless. $5 - $7 each.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277330.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:30:59 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 11:30:23 AM by DeathAndTaxes

There is no such thing as the "correct price".  The correct price is what the market is willing to pay.  I do think that demand is going to dry up in face on the reality of ever increasing difficulty. I wonder if AsicMiner can still move them in volume if they cut the price to 0.1 BTC ea and if so are they making a profit at that price.

As for the $5 being the "correct" price are you willing to sell me your BE for $5?  I get the feeling when people say things like "this ASIC should be $x" they only mean they would buy not sell at that price. Of course if that truly is the correct price they would be happy to sell theirs off at fair value. 
djbooth007

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 02:43:15 AM

+1

I'll take a handful for $5 too.
MJGrae

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Sold.

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:47:40 AM

Hell, I'd even pay $7 for them. Sign me up for fifty.
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:50:39 AM

50 @ 7.5

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
tkone

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:50:39 AM

rofl

cant wait till bitcoins will be 500k each,

i bet those block erupts even at 200$ each made some millionaires by then!

also a unique product can have its own price tag, asicminer is one of the only to timely deliver working asics especially such low scale usb miners, i think they have the market to themselves at the moment for that, so they can make the price what ever they want...

sry but how can you say what the correct price is? who are you to go around telling others what the price of there product is?

make your own product and price it how ever you want...

sorry dont mean to be harsh, but i just dont like that Sad

keeron

Activity: 180

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:48:00 AM

Factory cost to produce them in china is around $1 to $2 per usb block erupters.
Retail price: $5 to $7 max.

Please build the factory and send us some miners! 1000 @ $7
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:16:53 AM

rofl

also a unique product can have its own price tag, asicminer is one of the only to timely deliver working asics especially such low scale usb miners, i think they have the market to themselves at the moment for that, so they can make the price what ever they want...

sry but how can you say what the correct price is? who are you to go around telling others what the price of there product is?

mine to speculate is retarded, better to buy directly your coin..
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:23:41 AM

Block erupters would be nice gifts if they sold for $5. Give them away to family and friends and get them interested in Bitcoin. With the Bitminter java client it's really easy to mine. And if you only mine when your computer is on (which for many people is nearly always) you hardly pay for power.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:11:01 AM

rofl

ROTFL
If bitcoin reach 500k as you say, then you are much much better buying them now instead of getting these "block erupters"

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:13:06 AM

rofl

mine to speculate is retarded, better to buy directly your coin..

That's what I was thinking...
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:21:00 PM

What, someone's selling discount block erupters?

20 @ $10 please!

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:38:53 PM

Given I paid $150 to buy one from overseas and now starting to see them at circa $50, I get a feeling that the price can drop a bit further. Want to get a Raspberry Pi and a couple of decent-sized hubs before I go mad buying quite a few.

Failing that, might try and build one of the Klondike K16 boards myself.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:53:51 PM

rofl

ROTFL
If bitcoin reach 500k as you say, then you are much much better buying them now instead of getting these "block erupters"

Presuming they live someplace where they can easily buy them without handing over too much information or taking too much risk.

Personally, since I can't even find erupters cheap enough to be worth it for a year's worth of output, it's looking like I'll just have to grit my teeth and find someone reliable on the forum who takes MoneyPak.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:27:58 PM

I'll take 1 and a time machine, please.
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:39:20 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 12:01:36 PM by virtualmaster

They are not useless. They are profitable for the seller.
Mining is however not profitable with them. That was clear from the beginning.
But they can serve a didactical purpose to teach children's on mining.
Would you expect from a small model-truck to be profitable ? They can be still useful even if they are not profitable.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
og kush420

Activity: 1050
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:47:39 PM

virtualmaster : there is no logic behind saying "they are a cool toy to show people about bitcoin mining and teach kids" because you could just use your computer to do that

virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:55:44 PM

virtualmaster : there is no logic behind saying "they are a cool toy to show people about bitcoin mining and teach kids" because you could just use your computer to do that
Sure. You could use a book and some apples to show how it works a car or you could buy a toy car for your kid. Which one would he prefer ?
You don't need to answer just look how many people follow this logic.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 04:17:59 PM

USB block erupters are now useless. It is priced too high.

Difficulty is now over 50,810,339
No.   But I personally believe they are overpriced.  I see them down to $47 shipped on ebay and am tempted to own one just to play with it.  I would buy in quantity for immediate delivery if they were $20.  A profit case can be made even at numbers in the high $30 range though there is 'very little left on the table' for the buyer. 

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:29:00 PM

USB block erupters are now useless. It is priced too high.

Difficulty is now over 50,810,339
No.   But I personally believe they are overpriced.  I see them down to $47 shipped on ebay and am tempted to own one just to play with it.  I would buy in quantity for immediate delivery if they were $20.  A profit case can be made even at numbers in the high $30 range though there is 'very little left on the table' for the buyer.  

I think you will see $20.  Excluding NRE I can't really see production cost being more than $10 in high volume.  Sell 100K unit @ 0.2 BTC ea, spend 0.1 BTC ea to build em collect an easy 10,000 BTC. Smiley  With a low price as long as they have the chance of breaking even in two years I could see people buying them if for nothing other than the novelty of it.

It is all about supply and demand.  The tough thing is you can be firm on $20 and if other people are willing to pay $40 and they sell out, well there is no reason for them to cut the price (and profit) when they are selling out regardless. Smiley  The best price for ASICMiner is the highest possible price that still sells out before the next batch is ready.  So far they have done a good job holding to that equation (BE are accessible but you don't see lots of inventory just sitting around). 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: