Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:26:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Privacy vs Regulation and goverment actions  (Read 204 times)
HeroicZ1

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:42:17 PM

I guess I would prefer to have cryptos regulated to a certain extent. Sounds funny or weird, but I wouldn't want to live in a country under chaos just because people didn't pay their taxes making govts fundless and powerless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ProofOfLambo (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:19:07 PM

Among the variety of coins, I would make at least these groups:

- One is sh*tcoins (no innovation, should not even be there)

- Privacy aimed coins - Monero, ZCash, Electroneum, Onion, Verge,...

- Non really anonymous - Bitcoin,...

- Non-anonymous token and code coins - Ethereum, Neo, Xem, ...

- Not really cryptos - Ripple

What do you think will do the governments as far as regulations or even bans with each of the groups? How may the value be affected?
I am not sure to what the government would do for each and every one of them but what I am sure of is that they will try to regulate them all, not just ripple. For shitcoins though, I think they will decide sooner or later to ban it's usage since it has no real world use after all. If government started regulating most of the cryptoworld, I am sure that the volatility will be affected.

But who would decide what is a shitcoin? that is, it is something very subjective and even some very powerful coins are not much at the beginning.
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:13:45 AM

I guess I would prefer to have cryptos regulated to a certain extent. Sounds funny or weird, but I wouldn't want to live in a country under chaos just because people didn't pay their taxes making govts fundless and powerless.
The ultimate solution of bitcoin issue is just that some rules and regulation or some kind of policies must be introduced in order to get full benefit from the bitcoin. And I have a belief that soon we will be seeing some policies regarding it coming forward from some renowned companies and powerful governments.

We cannot just continue using it this way when we are not sure ourselves that it is legal or not. Some kind of policy must be implemented and I can see it happening very soon as some companies have accepted it already. 

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:35:19 AM

These are the most common problem today, about bitcoin and government, there are also negative news about banned of bitcoin because of the government actions, many people wants decentralization system of bitcoin, but many people also do not want to legalize bitcoin, the reason is, when bitcoin legally operated, the government can control the price movenment and it affects the price going down because of the big taxes being collected. 

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:14:45 AM

I am sure governments are not making such groups of anonymous and non-anonymous cryptos. As long the cryptos are decentralized, all are same to any government. So if a government wants to ban crypto currency, they will ban it all and not as per the group made by you. Governments will usually want to control their own economy and since cryptos are decentralized, they can't control them. So they will ban all crypto if they want to regardless of anonymity.

Also the price will have a hit if a big country like India, US, China, South Korea bans cryptos completely. The majority of the crypto users are from these countries and if these governments ban it, we will see a drastic drop in the market cap as well as in the price. So it is going to affect big time. 

Let´s say that a regulation requires communication of large capital movements in crypto. How would you be able to enforce that on privacy oriented coins? I think that would need to be addressed.
If the governments were to have their way, a blanket ban on all cryptocurrencies would have been their best bet, because the duo of decentralization and anonymity are unarguably, huge threat to the control and manipulations governance feeds and thrives on.

Apparently, the countries, so far attempting to ban Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are obviously not among the power blocks - they'll however sooner than later retrace their steps back to the doors of regulation. The advanced countries would rather not encourage the massive switch over and adoption of those coins aimed at enhancing privacy, so they're just okay with regulation, knowing that the move is inevitable in the case of a ban on cryptocurrencies.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:22:17 AM

Hi,

I think that governments are willing to ban all cryptos. First, because they may not be aware of the differences and second but most importantly because all cryptos represent a new system, allowing people to get rid of control authority. They don't want to see this happen, they want to remain powerful and able to manipulate currency as they wish.

This would no longer be possible if we were all using bitcoin (or other crytpo) for daily matters. EVerything must be approved and existing transactions can be tracked. So of course, governments are going to implement regulation against cryptos. All of them, without any distinction.

ProofOfLambo (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:21:19 PM

The realy cares that much about tracking the privacy transactions. Usualy it is used by governmental lobbyists to get more money for different useless activities aiming to track the money. No one will need it untill the amount of the illegal transactions will be over 20% of all crypto volume. Every country in the world have its own private money and it is called cash.

Yes and no. Cash leaves normally some trace. At least some intermediaries of trusted thrid parties have knowledge of what is going on. This may not be so on cryptos.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: