Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:11:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ripple a true Cryptocurrency?  (Read 321 times)
ProofOfLambo (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:07:21 AM

I guess that the question should be what is a cryptocurrency, so here we go, what makes something a crypto or not a crypto?
mahmutbey

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:20:04 AM

I think ripple is just a pump-dump coin. It is not a promising coin for me and there are many bad comments about it.

chickinini

Activity: 18
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:30:48 AM

I guess that the question should be what is a cryptocurrency, so here we go, what makes something a crypto or not a crypto?
Cryptocurrencies are meant to be decentralized which XRP doesnt qualify,xrp is centralized coin by these bankers so if i were you i wont invest in XRP to protect our community and to be safe from a manipulated coin.
This is true,if XRP will dominate our community the bankers will win again,we are using cryptocurrencies because we dont want the banking system and the fiat.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:50:36 AM

Cryptocurrencies are meant to be decentralized which XRP doesnt qualify,xrp is centralized coin by these bankers so if i were you i wont invest in XRP to protect our community and to be safe from a manipulated coin.

I don't think cryptocurrencies are always need to be decentralized but we know that ripple is centralized, it is not like bitcoin, doge or digibyte so better to invest knowing it is centralized.

mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:53:05 AM

crypto space completely agains banks and their fuckin financial systems, but xrp working with them and this is completely different than crypto theory, so, xrp is not a true cryptocurrency.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:56:22 AM

On a technical level it's a cryptocurrency indeed, but a centralized corporate one. I guess we'll see more of this kind in the future.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:02:01 AM

Ripple isn't independent coin,so it's not true cryptocurrency.
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:04:29 AM

Ripple is centralized crypto, but i think it has good future, and it is good for investment.
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:06:47 AM

On a technical level it's a cryptocurrency indeed, but a centralized corporate one. I guess we'll see more of this kind in the future.

Indeed. It is just a closed payment mechanism, like Paypal, Visa or Mastercard but with a blockchain ledger.
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:09:09 AM

XRP is not true crypto curency holding by Centralized Database and already 80% coins are premined owned there is no way to control this coins by community . Its not a true crypto currency supporting this coin would be dumb decision

jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:10:42 AM

I do not remember I've already said something in this thread about my negative attitude to the Ripple project or not. But in any case, for today I'm rather negative about the Ripple project, because I do not consider Ripple for crypto currency, for many reasons
bucksman5233

Activity: 264

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 11:14:21 AM

Is ripple a cryptocurrency? Yes atleast by logic it's completely on Internet and Crypto graphy but it is not comparable to Bitcoin or litecoin because both of these are decentralised. XRP is a currency controlled by a company called ripple, Ripple has every rights to close down their currency but it is not possible in Bitcoin. XRP is useful for banks not for people.

Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:14:59 AM

Cryptocurrency consists of Crypto and Currency, so when viewed in terms of language then it means "Secret Currency", because Crypto means Secrets and Currency is Currency. This meaning is somewhat similar to the sense in terms of the term, namely "Currency of a digital and secret"..The first cryptocurrency made is Bitcoin, so Bitcoin is most famous everywhere. Bitcoin is made by an "Anonymous" named Satoshi Nakamoto. Wink
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 11:15:50 AM

One can invest in it because it will jack back again and who ever that invest will not regret it.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Nicoletan0831

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:26:26 AM

Ripple can't be classified as true cryptocurrencies because it is not independent. It has a central control over the banking industry. Though the idea of it is cashless transaction.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:42:01 AM

Exact answer  Smiley I agree with you, in the future most of coins will be of this kind but it will also make decentralized ones more valuable and rare.
skelethon

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 11:43:07 AM

Well, yeah, it's a true crypto of course. Even though it's backed by banks and is very corporate, it's still a crypto at the end of the day.
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:02:35 PM

As others have already said, Ripple fits the definition of a cryptocurrency, but it goes against everything that Bitcoin and the community that sprang up around it stand for.  Satoshi envisioned and set out to create a digital currency that was outside of anybody's control and that was accessible to the entire world when he created Bitcoin.  Ripple has neither of those qualities so it's no wonder that so many people, including myself, detest it.  I won't lie though—I bought into it when it was trading at $0.05 and traded it off and on until it hit $3.  While I don't support the idea behind it, I could see that there was money to be made in trading it.  The tech behind it seems sound enough, and many people, from the big bankers to average people, find the idea of a fiat-like centrally-controlled currency comforting since it's something that they are already familiar with.
nemesis3

Activity: 63

This opportunity will soon be no longer a

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:09:36 PM

lol are you serious 97% BTC are held by only 4% of addresses this is what a see like manipulated coin, all the crypto is manipulated, you are blind if you not see that...

"Do not be late for the party"
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:12:11 PM

Ripple is a true cryptocurrency because it has an alternate finite value in dollars. It does not mean that if a coin does not rely on the blockchain, it is not  a legitimate currency.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: