Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:16:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized virtual world that might go with Bitcoin?  (Read 1125 times)
uyjulian (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:52:52 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 07:25:49 PM by uyjulian

I had this on my head for a while.
Bitcoin is a decentralized currency. Why not have a decentralized virtual world to go with it?

• Decentralized
There's no central point of shutdown, so if one "world" is down, you can still access another one.
Also, you can't get banned from the entire network.
  • Expandable
In the future, they may be more powerful hardware, and more kinds of human interface devices. You should be able to use new technology without hassles.
  • Scriptable
You can make your own "world" do stuff you want, do permissions, etc.
  • User
Each "user" has a unique ID, like Bitcoin addresses. A new ID can be generated at any time, however you may lose your access at certain "worlds".

Worlds:
     Each world has an ID. ID has a public key and a private key. The private key is for the controller of the world. The public key is so people can go to that world.
     Worlds can be programmable to do stuff, like keep certain users out. Each world should accept a protocol people can agree with. Newer protocols should be made when new types of HID come out.

Currency and trade:
     Bitcoin could be what mostly everybody in this virtual world trades in. As I said, this system is easy to build on. An system could be made to identify if an virtual item is counterfeit or genuine. The possibilities are endless.

Users:
     Each user would have a user ID. There is a public and private user ID. The private user ID allows the user to control the public user ID. The public user ID is used to identify users.

Interface with worlds:
     Any user can connect to any world, however worlds can disallow a user into a world (not responding to the user's request). If a user does not like a world, the user can exit the world at any time.

Processing:
     If a user has a dumpster computer (pentium d, dell, etc.) there could be a network of computers that allow these users to connect to a world without needing a new computer. There would be an internal currency that would not allow the user to use the network of processing units excessively.

Suggest your ideas. I have not finished writing this topic up.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 04:58:01 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_republic ?

and surely many other ideas and concepts floating around...

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 05:38:02 PM

I had an idea back in the day to distribute the graphics rendering to all users.

Basically you would log on and a square or sphere that you occupied would be rendered by your computer. Everything in that room would model the light, objects, etc.

Going the route of a square you would have 6 sides that you would send/receive pixel information which includes the light/intensity/angle of direction and even for objects moving in and out each pixel could include mass/material/trajectory/speed/acceleration, etc.

Someone in the adjacent square would be able to view your room through the wall of pixels and render it within their room which would be passed to the next room and on and on.

This would allow for some very detailed graphics to be rendered in each room.

The problem would be the large bandwidth cost of passing a lot of information between 'rooms'. I was hoping for enough compression and higher bandwidths down the road which could handle it.

Never got around to testing just a single stream of light or anything, thought it would be a cool distributed concept though.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
uyjulian (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:44:22 PM

I had an idea back in the day to distribute the graphics rendering to all users.

Basically you would log on and a square or sphere that you occupied would be rendered by your computer. Everything in that room would model the light, objects, etc.

Going the route of a square you would have 6 sides that you would send/receive pixel information which includes the light/intensity/angle of direction and even for objects moving in and out each pixel could include mass/material/trajectory/speed/acceleration, etc.

Someone in the adjacent square would be able to view your room through the wall of pixels and render it within their room which would be passed to the next room and on and on.

This would allow for some very detailed graphics to be rendered in each room.

The problem would be the large bandwidth cost of passing a lot of information between 'rooms'. I was hoping for enough compression and higher bandwidths down the road which could handle it.

Never got around to testing just a single stream of light or anything, thought it would be a cool distributed concept though.

It may be a good idea in the future, when computers are powerful, through.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:45:01 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 04:14:35 PM by jdbtracker

it should be possible now, the compression is just the final calculations on moving objects, if it does not move do not recompute, if it does send the final calculation and compress.

I can imagine if we really wanted to go crazy, we can make it so out of the box it would have real physical rules, maybe even scientifically viable as a simulation platform that simulates, photons, atoms, chemicals etc. Not hard to do but the computing power would be massive, but the bonus? realistically destructible worlds, by natural forces.

You know what? someone should just start building it and send a shout out to volunteers. all we have to do is make the basic toolset for creating the world and allow people to define the level of detail to be added.

so who has experience building graphics engines?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:54:11 PM

Watching!

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 04:17:59 PM

so who has experience building graphics engines?

I'm learning 2D graphics programming at the moment but will be moving to 3D when I get a lot more experienced, I do think games developers have already tried to do what you're describing though, games like Second Life come to mind, it sounds like a nice idea but I've got my own projects in mind right now and I'm going the more professional route Smiley.
uyjulian (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:39:17 PM

Added a few more tidbits.
uyjulian (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:26:11 PM

Okay, there is a few more tidbits.

Suggest your ideas.
strannik

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:56:57 AM

Such worlds exist now. I built one. The full cryptocurrency infrastructure is still being worked on, but the basics are there.

The move from Compuserve, AOL and other monolithic info grids to Apache and other open and self hosted internet sites was one revolution.

Now virtual worlds are undergoing the same revolution from monolithic grids to the open Metaverse and the hypergrid. Get onto any Opensimulator grid such as Kitely, and you can teleport to any other world via Hypergrid, including mine, complete with a currency exchange made for freedom.

Welcome to Pirate's Atoll!

http://www.piratesatoll.com
http://www.piratesatoll.com
uyjulian (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:35:38 PM

Nice one! I was going about OpenSimulator, but didn't have the time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: