Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:43:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you do a pump and dump with little money?  (Read 488 times)
LSt56

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:39:15 PM

of course I can not do it because to raise the price we need to pump up using very large funds and if I pump with the money I have then it will not mean anything.

KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:43:01 PM

It might be possible but you need to be lucky. Pick one of the super low cap coins that cost like 2 satoshi and then pump it up with your small bag. then see if someone else will join in due to fomo and then you can dump it Grin (p.s. this is not recommended, just proof of concept only)

Nwaghor4u

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:45:43 PM

Certainly, if only with small amount of money. Is possible. Pumping n dumping is part of crypto. Though not encouraged by those with huge amount.
cryptofirm

Activity: 1039
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:51:09 PM

Can you do a pump and dump with little money?in a cryptocurrency

what kind of crytocurrency did you talking about,,
if you talk about bitcoin and ethereum or others top 100 of crypto in marketcap,,
you can't do it,, because you need a big money to pump it,, and huge amount of crypto to dump
so, the point is, you need big money on it mate

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:55:42 PM

It might be possible but you need to be lucky. Pick one of the super low cap coins that cost like 2 satoshi and then pump it up with your small bag. then see if someone else will join in due to fomo and then you can dump it Grin (p.s. this is not recommended, just proof of concept only)

You can get pumped and dumped.

Only way to make something with a little money is hitting that 10000% return ICO

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:58:55 PM

you should enter the market fast and exit it equally fast if you intend to make a decent profit.
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:59:01 PM

Oh, no, no, no, of course not. with the small amount even you can not affecting the price of a coin much less you create a pump and dump. You can only create a pump and dump, unless you have a lot of money. we call that the whales

Make me great again
jonruhoax

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

No you can't ! little money doesn't even move the market upward and almost no reflect in the graph.
Doing a pump and dump scenario on market is a hard thing to do. You need to have a lot of money to gamble and you will also need more connections on social media.

I agree, it takes knowledge for it all.  the initial capital for pumping one of the crypto is large enough. if you are a developer maybe you can do it.
blackhart7

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:12:22 PM

i don't think so ...but some people doing it by social media
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:54:43 PM

It depends on the market you are trying out. However, you yourself cannot do a pump and dump with little money, but you can participate in one. However, if you are referring to pump and dump groups, then you should not bother, as this would end up making you to lose your funds. Most pump and dump markets are shitcoins anyway, so you can just take the risk, take a look at the previous trend on the charts, and then buy in at the dip and set a sell order for whenever the pump happens. Most of these coins can go as high as 50 - 100%, so you can gradually make profit. However, you can also end up bag holding shitcoins in the process if you end up unlucky.
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:58:11 PM

Yes of course. No one is stopping you because first of all it is your investment, your property and you could do whatever you desire to do and in my opinion pump and dump a little is one of the best way to secure your rate of return or profit. Hold you token as long as you do not need it and sell few or sell your token according to your needs so that there will be no excess that could have gain a lot more if it is still a token invested. So, in total, I surely do saying that it is a big yes.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
rumexx

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:01:26 PM

Little money (lean capital) is not good for trading. Without sufficient capital you will not do your best in trading. You will always be mindful of your lean resources and miss out on good trading or you leave too early on a trade that would have given you much profit. Get your capital before you venture.
papuayenigine

Activity: 93

CLOUT media.decentralised

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:19:31 PM

I think it is nearly impossible. To get an idea about that, you can search for the coins' market values, and can start think about the amount difference between the little money and the money which in the market.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CLOUT - Media Decentralized    ◆    [Join ICO Now]    ◆    Whitepaper / ANN Thread    ◆    TFMTD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:25:41 PM

no.
I have heared that there are big pump and dump groups which works with this kind of thing but  i seriously doubt that one can easily gain access to these kind of groups.
this is how they do it because if we think ratiionally , usually nt one person buys and sells huge amounts of currency but thousands of people which are most likely connected in automated or semi automated network.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:38:57 PM

Usually you need lots of money to pump and dump coin but you can pump coin without money.
You will need large amount of people who will follow you and trust you so they will pump coin.
By the way what is point of pumping something with little money?
jack107

Activity: 207

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:49:01 PM

I don't even suggest pumping and dumping though. I'm more into long term holds that make you more money in the end lol.
In that case, look into ITC. Security for IoT will be heavily developed in the next few years. https://iotchain.io/
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:07:50 PM

whole altcoin scene is manipulated every day. I should start ICO for Pump&Dump company Cheesy

CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:16:52 PM

of course I can not do it because to raise the price we need to pump up using very large funds and if I pump with the money I have then it will not mean anything.
Only those whales can do it the pump and dump strategy in trading. They can manipulate the price according to what they wants.
With your little money you can join a group of people, say in twitter which they choose a coin to promote a pump and dump strategy in a certain time.
But if do it alone your little money has no effect to price in the market.
dumplingsandsushi

Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 11:21:08 PM

Oh nonononononon NO!!!!!

Don't ever think you're special or different.  Take the advice of the THOUSANDS of people who have been burned by pump and dump groups that you need to avoid them like the plague.

Better yet, take the advice of the TENS OF THOUSANDS of sane individuals who can spot a scam and a con a mile away.

But if you need convincing here it is.

Here is how pump and dump groups work:

There is typically one person or at max a group of 5 to 10 who start the "group".
They start it by buying up cheap, low volume coins on exchanges before even advertising for their group.
They set up a sell order list in small increments and amounts to ease buying and price pumping while they hold on to the bulk of their coins
They then go to bitcointalk, reddit, youtube, twitter, whatever to recruit.
Once they get around 100 to 150 people, they "announce" a coin that the group will pump then dump.
It is usually right before the scheduled pump and dump, sometimes even minutes before.
Everyone starts buying up the coins that the group founders had already purchased and listed, price shoots up.
When it's high enough the founders dump all the rest of their coins at once, this creates a sell order "wall" of sorts that starts to bring the price down.
Now that all the coins have been dumped on the group the market is just in desperate catch up (which will never happen).
Congratualtions, you just gave all your money to the founders of the group.

how do I know all this?
I literally SAW it happen a couple times on cryptopia.  It's quite a fantastic sight to see.  Especially when the "Wall" pops up.

boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:21:45 AM

You need atleast 5BTCs to play some lowmarketcap coin,but it isnt advisable because many small players will lose to what you will do,and you are just typically hyping the coin to get more profits,its unhealthy thing to our community that the whales are keep doing,big players are the worst and most greedy people in the market do not do what they are doing,just join the hype and come out faster than these whales.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: