Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:10:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do if the Internet was shut-down - forever?!  (Read 696 times)
djixj

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:43:12 AM

The very thought of no more internet frightens me to death but, seriously, how would we cope in life? In business? In education?

Could we recover as a world society ever again without it?

I think I would start doing things I've stopped doing since the internet came out, maybe met girls and party with friends ( I need to get new friends, all are from the net)
Babyfaceless

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:34:19 AM

If the internet will shut-down forever?  My life will be no meaning. Because if I have a internet their is a solution example when I cook foods I will research in the Google , shopping, movie etc. That why internet is so important.
ThorWin

Activity: 218
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:16:22 AM

Today's technology era, I never thought the internet would be closed forever, but if the internet was closed, trade between nations would be stagnant, affecting the nation's economy. We live in a compact country. To think this is horrible. I hope this never happens in this world.
mobomofo

Activity: 88
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:43:30 AM

The very thought of no more internet frightens me to death but, seriously, how would we cope in life? In business? In education?

Only way to lose the internet is complete global power failure...so in that case we would be set back to about 1880. As a data center operator I can tell you that if there was a massive EMP or something and some of the world networks got knocked out it would be horrific but we would rebuild quite quickly. There are tons of protocols, and various mediums we could use to connect and begin communication again, especially peer to peer. The internet as we know it may change, but it would adapt quickly.

There is no regulation that can stop transmission of wireless signals across borders effectively, peer to peer decentralized networks, vpn tunnels, tor network, etc. So I dont see the internet ever closing down, just adapting around an impedement.

Now total global power loss and yes, 3/4 of the population would starve or kill one another...at that point the internet would only be a footnote.
crypto 077

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:13:41 AM

then eventually bitcoin market will collapse down. then nothing to do with the bitcoins
its something like in revolution TV series.
Jednopivo (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:08:05 PM

If the internet will shut-down forever?  My life will be no meaning. Because if I have a internet their is a solution example when I cook foods I will research in the Google , shopping, movie etc. That why internet is so important.
True but perhaps we'd become more sociable beings in that you may ask a family friend or neighbour how to make something. We could go back to the VHS. Vinyl records have already made a come-back and who would have thought that would ever happen? I'd miss the internet but I do feel I spend too much time on it Smiley
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:14:49 PM

I think considering how much we use internet now it'd be like the end of the world haha but i would totally freak out

Yea, bitcoin rigis connection on internet and pool websites/irc channels Sad

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
mminer66

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:09:57 PM

Re-open it and make billions ;-)
shloma82

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:18:33 PM

It would be the end of the world for me.
Jednopivo (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:33:06 PM

Re-open it and make billions ;-)
Haha very clever but lets just say that's it gone, kaput. What would you do? :-)
claude.lousise

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:56:28 PM

I'll go to country side and plant some crops
henryp2

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:36:09 AM

Then vroom.....! to the zoo
EtherSportz

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:42:41 AM

I'd start an irrigation business in Florida.  Grin
tikalbong

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:11:54 AM

Means of communication would be so difficult. Many businesses will fall down due to the delay of some goods and services specially the transferring of funds or whatsoever.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]       ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
───────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ───────
Englitres31

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:23:27 AM

Does anybody have an extra set of Encyclopedias laying around.  I am laughing because I wonder how many on this forum even know what I am talking about.
Jednopivo (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:02:49 PM

Does anybody have an extra set of Encyclopedias laying around.  I am laughing because I wonder how many on this forum even know what I am talking about.
I know what they are! I used to use them Smiley They were the go-to book for all my homework projects!
hajil3

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:21:42 PM

if the internet will be shutdown forever, then our lifestyle will be back as what was in the old days where we are using phone calls as the means of communication and we will not be updated all the time if what was happening outside. There will be an advantage and disadvantage. The advantage is that our communication with our peers face to face will be back and we can have more time with the people around us especially our family.
zefirka26

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:54:54 AM

Cлoжнo пpeдcтaвить миp бeз интepнeтa Smiley
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:22:40 AM

I would invest a ton of money in whatever is going to replace the internet.

The replacement will be very popular.

Cool Cool Cool Cool

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
tepakpak

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:49:53 AM

Of course my life will be confused, because without the internet I will lose my business that requires internet connection  Sad
Everyone in the world definitely needs internet Huh
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: