Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:48:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase issues  (Read 207 times)
numeracci (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:12:27 PM

Hi people,
holding some BTC on CB, I tried to send to other exchanges these days, but I encounterd problems. Basically they didn't execute the whole transaction, I paid just fees but no money sent. Now you understand this can be really annoying. I contacted the customer service but no answer, while I lost fees for three empty transaction.
Anyone else had problems with Coinbase recently or it's just me? Huh Huh Huh
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto_sagor

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:54:04 PM

One day I sent $ 120 in bittex from CB to see $ 1.20 sent. Then I again sent $ 120 and then it was $ 120. But the problem  in other,  Bittrex trams and condition of ETH does not supported under 0.1 ETH. when More then 0.1 ETH was sent, but still there is no deposit in my wallet. This situation really was very painful for me. But after 4 hours it was solved. And finally peace.
And Its CB glitches.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   KWHCoin   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ RENEWABLE ENERGY CRYPTOCURRENCY █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (https://kwhcoin.com/)
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:05:45 PM

Now all blocks are stuck. Try to wait 2 days, that's the longest time I wait until my ETH get into my wallet. That's really annoying but we have to deal with it, the blockchain is too slow for all the transactions get through, unless you pay more GAS!
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:14:40 PM

Coinbase scammed me and didn't give me the $10 joining bonus, won't give me access to my Bitcoin gold and ETH account is no good if you
don't get a public ETH address after you buy some from CD so what kind of wallet is that.

CB are doing all they can (so i am told) to stop people using Segwit and seem to be working with the miners
whilst the BTC development team sits on it's hands and does nothing

Maybe the miners own Coinbase and I know the dev team have plans to introduce mini banks into the system
but they call them Hubs in the lightning Network so maybe it's all one big monopoly and we have not worked it
out yet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2776719.msg28395400#msg28395400

oh yeah you will enjoy the process of getting CB to deposit money back in a bank account
so you can use it.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Guzztsar

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:22:46 PM

Hi people,
holding some BTC on CB, I tried to send to other exchanges these days, but I encounterd problems. Basically they didn't execute the whole transaction, I paid just fees but no money sent. Now you understand this can be really annoying. I contacted the customer service but no answer, while I lost fees for three empty transaction.
Did you got the transaction hash? or the value was simply returned to your wallet and fees was deducted?
A time ago i have one problem with coinbase, got a fast response and my problem was solved, anyway, it's better to use some hardware wallet
crypto_Butterfly

Activity: 186
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:25:51 PM

Coinbase sucks recently, thats why I shifted from Coinbase to blockchain.info
oviudiu

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:28:04 PM

Hi people,

Bitcoin fees are way to high right now. It happened to mee too, with Ethereum specially when I was using Etherdelta, I guess exchanges tend to do so.
numeracci (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:30:18 PM

One day I sent $ 120 in bittex from CB to see $ 1.20 sent. Then I again sent $ 120 and then it was $ 120. But the problem  in other,  Bittrex trams and condition of ETH does not supported under 0.1 ETH. when More then 0.1 ETH was sent, but still there is no deposit in my wallet. This situation really was very painful for me. But after 4 hours it was solved. And finally peace.
And Its CB glitches.

Yeah I thought about some temporary problems, but are 3 days that I can't move any of my assets out of CB and paying only fees...
numeracci (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:32:28 PM

Coinbase scammed me and didn't give me the $10 joining bonus, won't give me access to my Bitcoin gold and ETH account is no good if you
don't get a public ETH address after you buy some from CD so what kind of wallet is that.

CB are doing all they can (so i am told) to stop people using Segwit and seem to be working with the miners
whilst the BTC development team sits on it's hands and does nothing

Maybe the miners own Coinbase and I know the dev team have plans to introduce mini banks into the system
but they call them Hubs in the lightning Network so maybe it's all one big monopoly and we have not worked it
out yet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2776719.msg28395400#msg28395400

oh yeah you will enjoy the process of getting CB to deposit money back in a bank account
so you can use it.

Never tried, but they told me already it can be painfull...how much does it take?
numeracci (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:34:35 PM

Hi people,
Did you got the transaction hash? or the value was simply returned to your wallet and fees was deducted?
A time ago i have one problem with coinbase, got a fast response and my problem was solved, anyway, it's better to use some hardware wallet

Exactly.
Very disappointing.
Especially in some market situation.  Undecided
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:35:14 PM

Hi people,
Coinbase is a bad platform and I'll never be interested in using their services or recommending them, based on the anecdotal information (and some personal experiences) that I have seen on this forum and from using their sites and services. I personally would be against you using their platform as well, but it is up to you to decide if you want to continue using their website. I would transfer money out whenever you get the chance and when the fees are low enough.

A lot of other people have had similar issues with their platform, so you're not alone. It seems to have a bit of variety to every issue though, so I can't say that your specific brand has been encountered yet.
harriette

Activity: 173
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:55:03 PM

I use quite a lot of wallets to store my coin coin on a particular coinbase bitcoin. I find that the interface used by coinbase is very simple, it allows you to create multiple addresses in one account, which makes it easier to exchange in the market. Trust in credibility and long time development in the cryptocurrency market to choose coinbase and I am satisfied with the service of coinbase.
Huskerz1

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:16:39 PM

I have not had a large problem with CB.  Just little annoyances like why is the price I buy at generally greater than the current price on GDAX?  Why is the price I sell at generally lower than the current price on GDAX?  Just little annoyances like that.  Nickel and dime stuff but annoying.
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:26:45 PM

I've never had any issues when I've used Coinbase and I have a little Bitcoin Cash but havent tried to withdraw. They did say they were hoping to open up buying and selling of it early January but that hasn't materialised.
Guzztsar

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:55:44 PM

Hi people,

Exactly.
Very disappointing.
Especially in some market situation.  Undecided
You're right, services like these needs to treat better our money.
Don't let this pass, if possible take some screenshots and try their support, email, social media, everything you could.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:09:50 AM

They don't care about you or other people. Coinbase is currently on such a level, that they calculate everything in terms of what for them the most profitable actions are. If they genuinely want, they can improve their entire operations significantly, but that would require them to invest big time in order to achieve that. For that reason they just look to make minimal adjustments and improvements that will not mess up their results too much at the end of the year. That basically applies to any larger operation that has to satisfy its share holders. It's a system each and every larger growing business will get sucked into. At first you as user are very precious, and later on when their reputation is build up, you are nothing to them anymore. That's why you shouldn't leave any funds on these centralized platforms....
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:15:47 AM

Hi people,

Did you get a tx or hash so you can track where your money is.  Tx or hash is very important so we could know if the transaction is already successful.  There some cases also that some exchanges sites requires a minimum deposit on their site.
numeracci (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:11:51 AM

Hi people,

Did you get a tx or hash so you can track where your money is.  Tx or hash is very important so we could know if the transaction is already successful.  There some cases also that some exchanges sites requires a minimum deposit on their site.

Yes, I get the hash but the problem is the site not sending money, they returned the amount to my account and sent fees to other address, an empty transaction to be clear, just fees.
codewench

Activity: 93
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:12:21 AM

Yes, I get the hash but the problem is the site not sending money, they returned the amount to my account and sent fees to other address, an empty transaction to be clear, just fees.

This sounds like you sent from your Coinbase account to your Coinbase receive address. Because this is a nonsense transaction, there is no reason for Coinbase to detect and optimize this as a null operation.
Guzztsar

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:21:14 PM

They don't care about you or other people. Coinbase is currently on such a level, that they calculate everything in terms of what for them the most profitable actions are. If they genuinely want, they can improve their entire operations significantly, but that would require them to invest big time in order to achieve that. For that reason they just look to make minimal adjustments and improvements that will not mess up their results too much at the end of the year. That basically applies to any larger operation that has to satisfy its share holders. It's a system each and every larger growing business will get sucked into. At first you as user are very precious, and later on when their reputation is build up, you are nothing to them anymore. That's why you shouldn't leave any funds on these centralized platforms....
Sad but true. They're all responsive and concerned about their customers until they get consolidated. The overload of new users is more than predictable, but need expenses in behalf of customer needs, so, we can expected increasingly severe issues over the time.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: