Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:28:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who here already pre-ordered the Monarch 28 nm Bitcoin mining card Huh
Yes I pre-ordered the Monarch and I have high HOPEs BFL will deliver on time
Nope not me, Mama didn't raise no fool
Yes, I pre-ordered it and now Im trying to sell it (make me an offer, Please!)
I regret buying the Monarch

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Who here already pre-ordered the Monarch 28 nm Bitcoin mining card ???  (Read 16226 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:46:00 PM

Josh twitted:
Fully packaged chips confirmed arrived at testing facility just now.

twitted:
LittleDaddy ‏@littledaddy272  · 17m 
@BFL_Josh and @ButterflyLabs are the most dishonest ASIC company in the world :/ #silkroad has more  integrity than @ButterflyLabs #bitcoin

That’s what Kansas City-based Butterfly Labs has to contend with on an ongoing basis. Once a product is complete, you can’t sit around and enjoy your accomplishment, it’s time to move on to the next one.

“By the time you get a product flowing smoothly, it’s already at the end of its life,” explained Josh Zerlan, product development VP at Butterfly Labs.

“From when we start writing down the specs of the new product to when it is done and we’re no longer selling, it’s a six-month timeframe. And that’s completely unheard of [in product development],” he said.

http://www.coindesk.com/takes-design-next-big-thing-mining-hardware/

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:50:42 PM

“By the time you get a product flowing smoothly, it’s already at the end of its life,” explained Josh Zerlan, product development VP at Butterfly Labs.

That is actually true. By the time BFL develops and ships a product, it is way past it's end of life.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 07:29:29 PM

That is actually true. By the time BFL develops and ships a product, it is way past it's end of life.

Yeah, it's true for BFL. Because they fucking suck at life.

Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:32:26 PM

John Law from Coindesk is a BFL shill. When confronted about their Journalistic integrity on their forums they moderate you out. BFL is the last company you want to do any piece on the BTC Hardware community with one exception when and they will go bankrupt.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:54:52 AM

Josh twitted:
Fully packaged chips confirmed arrived at testing facility just now.

twitted:
LittleDaddy ‏@littledaddy272  · 17m  
@BFL_Josh and @ButterflyLabs are the most dishonest ASIC company in the world :/ #silkroad has more  integrity than @ButterflyLabs #bitcoin

That’s what Kansas City-based Butterfly Labs has to contend with on an ongoing basis. Once a product is complete, you can’t sit around and enjoy your accomplishment, it’s time to move on to the next one.

“From when we start writing down the specs of the new product to when it is done and we’re no longer selling, it’s a six-month timeframe. And that’s completely unheard of [in product development],” he said.

http://www.coindesk.com/takes-design-next-big-thing-mining-hardware/

6 MONTHS? LOL! The Monarch is now on 11 monts of development and still no chips are on a Monarch and being tested.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:28:02 AM

April FOOOOOLs,  YOU FOOOls, 2014   - 113 (25.3%)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=372316.msg5222684#msg5222684
December ?? 2013   - 1 (0.2%)
January ?? 2014 (Happy NO Monarch Day!)   - 5 (1.1%)
February ?? 2014   - 12 (2.7%)
Marnarch 17, 2014   - 26 (5.8%)
April FOOOOOLs,  YOU FOOOls, 2014   - 113 (25.3%)
May 05, 2014   - 25 (5.6%)
June ?? 2014   - 26 (5.8%)
July 04, 2014   - 10 (2.2%)
August ?? 2014   - 17 (3.8%)
September ?? 2014   - 15 (3.4%)
October ?? 2014   - 13 (2.9%)
November 27, 2014   - 6 (1.3%)
December 25, 2014   - 17 (3.8%)
What!!! 2015 (Have a Happy Happy New Year From BFL)   - 161 (36%)
Lock Voting
Edit Poll
Total Voters: 447

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:19:38 AM

you should have added to the poll. a "forced to update due to no ROI spot" .the fact that most people imho got a monarch rather then their
65mm stuff on nov 25th (april 2013 order) and were 'forced to upgrade" imho that is most of their early orders

josh says he will send out an email in the next couple days on those who can get a refund (more then 6 months)

imho he will likely pull a 'josh' and announce "upgrade path orders are not eligible for a refund'

anyway here is him stating such

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/monarch-discussion/8124-refund-upgrade-has-bfl-contacted-you-yet-2.html

i am soooooo gonna take the money and run....run far and run fast..........away from BFL related stuff

anyway my 2c worth

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2230

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:54:18 PM

I will say the pictures of the air cooling on the board look... cool. And the thought of a th in that form factor to replace what is a maze in my house is also... interesting.

Hm.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:51:57 PM

I will say the pictures of the air cooling on the board look... cool. And the thought of a th in that form factor to replace what is a maze in my house is also... interesting.

Hm.

but they never ship a product you can get ROI with it was supposed to ship (monarch) dec now they say may i ordered items last april would have got them in nov 25th so did a force update to the monarchs with those orders (dec) and now may (brick now brick later)....in other words if they do offer a refund if you wait 6 months on monarch as they say i'm so gonna grab it

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2230

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:47:28 PM

but they never ship a product you can get ROI with it was supposed to ship (monarch) dec now they say may i ordered items last april would have got them in nov 25th so did a force update to the monarchs with those orders (dec) and now may (brick now brick later)....in other words if they do offer a refund if you wait 6 months on monarch as they say i'm so gonna grab it

Searing
I understand the frustration, but that is the nature of difficulty. I keep saying that at this time mining is not a profitable venture, it's technically impossible to make long term profits on it.

As bitcoin's adoption picks up and transaction fees increase this might happen, we shall see.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:44:12 PM

Searing
I understand the frustration, but that is the nature of difficulty. I keep saying that at this time mining is not a profitable venture, it's technically impossible to make long term profits on it.

As bitcoin's adoption picks up and transaction fees increase this might happen, we shall see.

i agree..but i ordered last APRIL 2013 and was told I would get the BFL order in MAY 2013 ..the math worked well..was strung along till the
paypal return (did not do credit card) 45 days ran out ..NO refund then.....finally looking at my APRIL stuff arriving dead for ROI in NOV 25th or so
punted to a MONARCH 600gh (told dec 2013) and now it is MAY

so yeah I agree with you completely got a KNC Jupiter 555gh unit on TIME (the company went into existence the the same week in APRIL
I ordered my original BFL stuff ....(yeah BFL is that clueless) on that I'lll likely get 50 btc out of it lifetime

so again I agree  but if for some reason I can get a refund on a 6 month non shipped monarch as they STATE I will sooooo run
with the $$$$ away from BFL

I do have KNC Neptune on order but there is NO RISK in that I can refund on it (already refunded the 2nd batch unit paid back in 8 days wire xfer)

So yeah mining looks very iffy for the future for me as well

I still think BFL will say something like if you upgraded your previous 65mm product to a monarch even with a bit of cash added you WON'T get a
refund after 6 months of waiting as they state

hope I'm wrong but past experience does not bode well on this unicorn fantasy of a BFL refund beastie imho

Searing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: