Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:49:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Aquarium Rig.  (Read 3456 times)
polarhei (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:09:06 AM

What do you think? Comment about this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InSpades

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:33:31 AM

Depends on size of the tank and the rig. The waste heat from the rig is going to be your biggest problem.  The tanks water needs to stay constant temp or you run the risk of killing the fish.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 11:25:02 AM

my first thought was : poor fish....:>
polarhei (OP)

Firing it up

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:59:54 PM

Aquarium is  a form of describing the oil cooling, which has proven valid because of engine.

People, especially in cloud service, keep asking how to throw the air conditioners away as I need 300U to cool the 150U. An engineer, who has introduced his diesel engine, using water,air and oil to maintain the working temperture, this ensure safety and quiet( over than 60dB can be problem) . I have heard puget system has introduced one, that is called aquarium workstation (as their v4 can handle the Di-xeon configuration) ; Intel has been testing but in industial dyeing pool for years on xeon series, and some server supplier provide the solution, really in dyeing pool in order to increase the density of the array, keep the environment reasonable as noise problem is found more than on street due to reflection and repeatable pattern generated by fan even air condtioned.

Currently, water cooling is not the perfect solution,For safety and practical reason,  You will need to use oil-water-air (found on your 2 liter engine) to solve the problem as rig is precious and critical.

The design can put more array in the 150U space if you dare, with the configuration, it is possible to put 275U in the same space.

One more thing, there is no fish in the rig as the rig will be covered by mineral oil. It is for amusement or for saving precious space.

Additionally, I have posted a more practical draft to address how to build bigger array while still keep quiet, keep safe and Reducing the cooling cost. Mineral oil is more applicable for as the equipment is specfic for one purpose, calculating the hash for money. If general? Then use special block to load mineral oil instead of dip in the oil.

Oh, there's one more thing, the waste heat... Radiator known can solve the problem by transfer the heat to air via the being.

P.S high voltage system(For example, 25KV found on evelator system) also need oil to maintain the working environment
oddree

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:42:22 PM

It's a pretty cool concept.  I had never heard of doing this until a week or so ago I was looking for "liquid cooling" and stumbled into this.

Searching for Mineral Oil Cooling will give you some neat pictures on Google Images: https://www.google.com/search?q=cooling+pc+with+mineral+oil&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch

polarhei (OP)

Firing it up

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:24:20 AM

The aquarium is just a container, the concept is oil cooling, which provides,
Safe and slowly function, which has been using for a century at least.

The concept, 5 years ago, with different demonstration. If trace, three years ago, with eu language.also Intel herself.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:26:39 AM

Look awesome  Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_X_hgtlJpA&list=FLD9ByTEqibFo8HgkHkry2qg
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:28:45 AM

I planned to do it but I gave up because the hardware related to the tank & cooling & mineral oil is way too much expensive.

But maybe I will do it if I ROI with my previous mining rig and investment.
polarhei (OP)

Firing it up

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:00:56 AM

I planned to do it but I gave up because the hardware related to the tank & cooling & mineral oil is way too much expensive.

You are wrong. Oil cooling is proven method. Start from vegetable oil. Then you will know why it is practical.

Talkers on web, suggest to use vegetable oil or Johnson baby oil instead of that, Intel also does.

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:22:58 AM

You are wrong. Oil cooling is proven method. Start from vegetable oil. Then you will know why it is practical.

Talkers on web, suggest to use vegetable oil or Johnson baby oil instead of that, Intel also does.

You meant that I am wrong to think that I can only use expensive mineral oil which is expensive right ?

I doesn't change the fact that you have to cool the oil (especially with mining rig) with a water pump and fan system and that is expensive.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:25:07 AM

You didn't look at my video. They use a passive cooling system but I agree the liquid they use is probably expensive (not mineral oil).
polarhei (OP)

Firing it up

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:25:25 AM

You meant that I am wrong to think that I can only use expensive mineral oil which is expensive right ?

I doesn't change the fact that you have to cool the oil (especially with mining rig) with a water pump and fan system and that is expensive.

Yes it is. Just slightly bad but easy to find, price tag is friendly. However the pump and radiator is the thing, but if, comsidering the operational cost, it is more reasonable than normal ones. Think about why the glass-fibre bus is more reasonable on operational cost but not in the initial cost.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:29:31 AM

I had 83 7950s air cooled no aircon ambient temps of over 25c  and the cards were still sitting cool Smiley

water cooling is good reliable and nearly silent

oil cooling is messy runs hotter and voids the warenty

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:40:34 AM

You didn't look at my video. They use a passive cooling system but I agree the liquid they use is probably expensive (not mineral oil).

I haven't seen the video sorry. This is very interesting indeed.

Can someone estimate the price for a full tank of Novec™ 7000 ?

The website say :
Please call 1-800-810-8513 to locate a sales representative near you for technical assistance, sample requests, or to schedule a trial.

The price must be so chocking that they hide the information.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:46:57 AM

I haven't seen the video sorry. This is very interesting indeed.

Can someone estimate the price for a full tank of Novec™ 7000 ?

The website say :
Please call 1-800-810-8513 to locate a sales representative near you for technical assistance, sample requests, or to schedule a trial.

The price must be so chocking that they hide the information.

someone I know was quoted over £1000 to fill a small fishtank that had 1 rig in it 

polarhei (OP)

Firing it up

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:57:03 AM

Well, not only puget, even some service provider (I have little idea of the speaking but with 'oleju' :oil in english), the people laugh, but they relise the emotion is completely wrong afterwards , mentioning in oil, they don't use vegetable oil but some medical use oil labeled as baby oil.

The concept I have found , before I post, I have to trace the needed including diesel engine. The half-2-4-1 may be the typical method to maintain the engine operational even with no diesel in.

looks like I have found, mainly in polish. I think puget is a serious tester like intel.

1. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ik2Uo3c98zk (polish)
2. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUbCGvWO4A (polish)
3. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5qQsOmOTFKg (Only little idea, mainly in polish as at last, it mentions company made, packaging the oil PC into scary story(experiment , I just have noticed the pronounciation , demonstrating start from stop to make me comfortable as most video I have watched , filled Live)
4.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eub39NaC4rc&feature=related , alterative solution for oil. Johnson baby oil or the related should be.
5. Company talk, SSKN 2010, http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HVKWRBBEers&feature=related, the uploader himself has introduced the idea to reduce the cooling cost while providing better service for clients. There will be no laugher anymore, we shall see in future as if temperture differance is too big, then this will be problem.
6. demostration with vegetable oil, http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=hbOZbSl-14k&rdm=ufvfz6td&gl=HK&hl=zh_TW&guid=&client=mv-google

Also puget and intel should be, too .

Note that if you like to transform the oil from liquid into stream, You will need 473K to do. Flammable can reach that faster so if you pour gasoline, or diesel in your rig, the rig will be wasted.

There are many samples found on youtube, use oil PC or komouter w oleju ( or something like this, it means computer in oil, polish)

polarhei (OP)

Firing it up

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:11:58 PM

I had 83 7950s air cooled no aircon ambient temps of over 25c  and the cards were still sitting cool Smiley

PERHAPS, normally liquid cooling voids the warrenty. But there is something wrong in their talk, using water is absolutely to void warrenty because water is good media for electron, I do not fuck my rig up with water. Oil is not, and there are many options like non-flammable oil like mineral oil, vegetable oil, They are safe for transport. Also safe for electronic equipment.

The people, except intel, try to answer why use oil is better than air if space is very tight, operational coat is very tight. Only few companies right now, answer it.

I am discussing seriously as Intel does big right now.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 12:13:34 PM

I few previous talks over this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=20994.20

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52867.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119082.0

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:20:17 PM

PERHAPS, normally liquid cooling voids the warrenty. But there is something wrong in their talk, using water is absolutely to void warrenty because water is good media for electron, I do not fuck my rig up with water. Oil is not, and there are many options like non-flammable oil like mineral oil, vegetable oil, They are safe for transport. Also safe for electronic equipment.

The people, except intel, try to answer why use oil is better than air if space is very tight, operational coat is very tight. Only few companies right now, answer it.

I am discussing seriously as Intel does big right now.

what I meant was watter cooling as in using water block to cool the rig and dumping the hot air somewere using  radiator

vgo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:24:08 PM

( pones todos menos el de casa  Tongue)

Running by aTg in the spanish fórum   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255643.0
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: