Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Travel related blockchain / app project  (Read 308 times)
Cryptokingeth (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:55:20 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 01:49:42 PM by Cryptokingeth

Hi, Happy new year to all readers

OK so just to let you know this topic is related to Project & possible ICO Development, An idea I have in the Travel & Accommodation related industry and this is for Developers and possible future team members/advisers if this gets off the ground if its worth your time, So please any non related negativity or spam leave it out.

My intro/background

I am 31, Born and raised in the UK, Currently living between the London././ & Cairo back and forth 3/4 times a year.

My experience in Crypto = enthusiast, Love bitcoin and holding since 2016, hobby Trader/investor at most

I have been in the travel industry since finishing college at 18.

My father built a B2B Wholesale company (accommodation supplier to travel agents/other suppliers) est UK 1998, But he was a supplier from long before that too,

Today we are top 5 UK inbound Suppliers to the middle east & Gulf regions, supplying accommodation and tours all over the UK, but also Europe & other destinations as needed as we expand

We have had the pleasue of booking multiple times royal family (middle east) Footballers, actors, big buiness profile accounts and of course the general public in many countrys who come to us via our network of travel agents / agencys and even other big name huge suppliers buy from us

The last 5 years has seen a great change in the way both B2B and B2C works, mostly Technology and competitive sites like booking covering vast regions, many do not check travel agents so much as family do, Long gone are the days of tele text deals, So we started to sell to suppliers online, and I myself run the online side of things and a b2b & b2c call center/travel agency based in Egypt, I set this up two years ago and its been a great success, Most high periods we cannot cope with overload in online / offline bookings even with a team of 16 in Egypt & 7 in the UK.

I have established contacts via myself and my father / brother and key team members with all major hotel suppliers, managers and staff in the UK, Europe Middle east, Egypt,

I have contacts who are some of the largest suppliers in Singapore and thailand covering asia, we are connected via XML (this is the standard connection for suppliers to other suppliers / b2c / whitelabel.

Each year we exhibit a large stand at the ATM DUBAI (for over ten years now) the WTM London, and will start to exhibit this year in ITB Berlin and Asia Travel shows for the first time

for the last two years TWO of the biggest 4 star hotels on oxford street London have joint MY STAND at the ATM Dubai (As co share), this reflects on the business we give them over the years and our connections in the travel industry.

IDEA

B2B / B2C multi booking app and website (tours, hotels, apartments, flights)

This will use the ERC tokens and ETH as a payment method, with our token giving extra value and functions for holders, this can be in form of structured Loyal-tee rewards in tokens, which can be part or fully paid towards cost of the booking

Also usual B2B B2C modulus & A good payment gateway (I.e barclays or similar.... something safe to avoid B2C problems like stolen cards without directly imposing KYC on B2C customers)

SUM IT UP

A source of accommodation for suppliers or the public (Just like booking or agoda, or 1000s of others that are huge in sales for any serious researchers) this will always be needed, No matter how big booking.com or expeida is, Trust me there are better rates out there on the with suppliers or the right agents, Just not accessible or known to everyone, I rarely use booking.com, My agent account is over two years old and I made less then 20 bookings on that portal

A bonus for ICO Holders to get discounted products if holding tokens

Token holders have use as a payment option for bookings as with eth / btc (or part payment with the tokens

Rewards via tokens given for bookings (paid bookings via online payment / pay direct at hotel options)

ICO will appeal to crypto investors and buisness model is appealing for travel agents and the direct public looking for cheaper rates as we all do

I bring my experience, A team of experience staff for contracting / booking / customer service, contacts to get contracts done swiftly for suppliers and hotels and tour suppliers in individual locations(we cut out middle men and go direct to sources that are not available to everyone)

If project gets going and I have permission to use my father as an advisory / team member. his name rings bells and swings weight in the travel sector which is a plus.

I have a developer friend, who has developed and still developing XML b2b / b2c websites and has done so in the past with me and many big companies worldwide, I brought him onto bitcoin a while back and he is ready to work on a project with me B2C or crypto, he has much value, these software we pay over 50000 k USD for (My current system is not with him but in general prices are high)

This means I can reduce costs maybe even costless at least for the development of a b2c / b2b end site *that does not include hosting, or implementation of a inhouse wallet / reward system.

App Developers
People with Travel and accomodation experience
Blockchain/Eth Experts for advise and full time role to benefit a company can stick around for generations to come
Marketing team (ICO Marketing) for Airdrops, Bounties, Pr ect
General partners

The ICO is needed to launch a big crypto travel company like this mostly for development costs BUT I HOPE TO PUT A GOOD TEAM TOGETHER TO MAKE A BETA (TRIAL) APP/B2C / B2B SITE, as We need to stand out from ANY FAKES.
White paper and idea is good but proof of project is better, this will give our coin the push it would need to trade at a decent value when it would get to exchanges after ICO period.

Whats the difference? I saw a similar ICO called bookira (Yes I saw it too, I was so mad as I feel like Its my idea, anyway they collapsed, I felt there site was full of shit and empty promises talking about making connections
with amedus and other gds, I think they had no Experiece at all in the travel industry.

Please comment on any ideas, input your thoughts and how you can help and be part of this
Project and make a huge competitor to B2C/b2b sites in all regions of the world, Apps to and be the Number 1 for cryto travel...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paresh Sagar

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 02:08:43 PM

hi,
to build an app you need a strong team of developers and designers.
one free advice: don't fall in the trap of freelancers, most of the freelancers are amateur
if you need an expert company to rely on, you can search on google" excellent webworld".
simply, send an email to sales@excellentwebworld.com
Cryptokingeth (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:43:38 PM

send your contacts pls

Hi, I cannot PM you (forum says as I am a Newbie)

Can you PM me and I can reply my Whatsapp / Email

Thanks
CryptoPersoon

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:17:01 PM

Do you know LockChain? They only do hotels and apartments. Not flights etc. Maybe interesting for you to look at.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 09:25:56 AM

I'm curious to see how this application is developed, and even more excited to see a beta version of this. I live in the Caribbean, and have recently been presented with a proposal to help build a business (resort) based on a cryptocurrency/ICO model, which sounds like it could potentially integrate into a much smaller scale of what you're trying to accomplish. The proposal was slightly different than what you're proposing for your project, however, as it's targeted to local developments and individual offerings for token/shareholders to fund the development, and being rewarded with profits according to the amount of tokens/coins they hold at the development's completion.

Will you continue updating this thread with any advancements that you make towards your project? I'd like to see how you go about launching this site, and potentially provide an offer for your team to join our project, if you're willing. I'd be willing to discuss it in more detail with you, but I'm anxious to see the feedback that you get, and the types of developers that come knocking at your door. If all succeeds, I'd love to hire you and your father as advisors to our company, or offer you positions within the company.

I look forward to hearing updates about your development on this!

Side note: I'm not sure if you have any graphic designers, but that's my specialty. If you need a hand with initial branding, let's have a conversation!

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:53:45 AM

hi,
to build an app you need a strong team of developers and designers.
one free advice: don't fall in the trap of freelancers, most of the freelancers are amateur
Says an Indian bubble headed idiot who can't afford to design a basic site of his company ? Most of the freelancers are talented and are the bosses of their own jobs unlike you underestimating the team of your developers by paying them in a few satoshi's.

@OP,don't fall for such idiots who will end up screwing your project and not delivering things on time.Being a developer myself,I can agree bitcointalk has great freelance coders when it comes to making smart contracts and such.
Cryptokingeth (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:04:24 PM

@OP,don't fall for such idiots who will end up screwing your project and not delivering things on time.Being a developer myself,I can agree bitcointalk has great freelance coders when it comes to making smart contracts and such.

Yes I can tell it was spam

Will you continue updating this thread with any advancements that you make towards your project?

Yes, but only if the project has a good team to launch such a venture, and with an official thread

I'd like to see how you go about launching this site

Defiantly a Beta site Pre ICO, As I mentioned to get a B2C/B2B system / site running (A real one, not Expedia/booking affiliate or wordpress) I could do that with my own contacts alone, In fact I HAVE A SPARE B2B/B2C System, (Can show any serious people peeps of it)

The real matter is integrating safe, secure Crypto wallets alongside already integrated payment gateways, and to integrate the potential ICO tokens to act as a reward on bookings (discount, money towards payment, ect) These things I have no clue, I can hire developers with my cash but as someone said I can get bumped, delays, bad work ect, Hence if any GOOD SERIOUS devs reading want in, PLEASE NOTE I am not looking to be just one man owner / team, This is something that devs / team members can be a part of (share wise and active work)

If all succeeds, I'd love to hire you and your father as advisors to our company, or offer you positions within the company.

Yes sure, If its a success and any real genuine travel related / anything I can help with comes along I am willing to help out where I can
Cryptokingeth (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:20:32 PM

Do you know LockChain? They only do hotels and apartments. Not flights etc. Maybe interesting for you to look at.

Can you give me a link?

Name is a terrible rip off from blockchain, I cant find them on google search at all.
CryptoPersoon

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:30:27 PM

Yes sorry, the name is terrible to look up: http://lockchain.co/

Also now I remember there is something similar: https://windingtree.com
I remember because I read something about them with Aruba. And there is a post above from someone from the Caribbean.

Good luck. I will check this thread now and then.
Cryptokingeth (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:09:37 PM

I remember because I read something about them with Aruba. And there is a post above from someone from the Caribbean.

Thanks,

I will extensively research both of them

From initial look at both I can see there similar, one claiming to be the first type of market place, one claiming to be the only type (blockchain)

Both talk of reducing fees for customers, agents and hoteliers, I give big name brands and small 2 star hotels, big, big business without charging a penny for listing or sales fees, booking.com rates are crazy, average of 15%, Plus they list near about anything, and proprieties owners face many problems (no shows, non payment of late cancellations) as booking dont handle any cash at all they charge crazy fees to the properties

If this project launches, there will be ZERO fees for properties, Why should we charge them if they give us exclusive b2b/b2c rates, Its up to us to add our mark up and market the app/site on our own costs.

I will look both up further but again thanks
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 04:49:15 PM

Thanks,

I will extensively research both of them

From initial look at both I can see there similar, one claiming to be the first type of market place, one claiming to be the only type (blockchain)

Both talk of reducing fees for customers, agents and hoteliers, I give big name brands and small 2 star hotels, big, big business without charging a penny for listing or sales fees, booking.com rates are crazy, average of 15%, Plus they list near about anything, and proprieties owners face many problems (no shows, non payment of late cancellations) as booking dont handle any cash at all they charge crazy fees to the properties

If this project launches, there will be ZERO fees for properties, Why should we charge them if they give us exclusive b2b/b2c rates, Its up to us to add our mark up and market the app/site on our own costs.

I will look both up further but again thanks

This. All of my clients hate having to deal with OTAs because of this very reason. The fees are exorbitant, and when trying to run certain internal promos to try and increase direct bookings, they send emails and notices about rate parity issues and how that is a violation of the terms agreed upon to be listed on their sites... it’s ridiculous and puts the hotels and resorts in a hostage situation. While your idea is great for b2b, I am hoping that you’ll find a huge customer base. Maybe you can make this app/service and accept fiat with the option of crypto payments, instead of focusing solely on crypto? Just to appease to the masses instead of instantly isolating your target audience?

Cryptokingeth (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:47:20 PM

it’s ridiculous and puts the hotels and resorts in a hostage situation.

My thoughts exactly, for many non chain hotels, small b&b, Private rentals, situation exactly that.

While your idea is great for b2b, I am hoping that you’ll find a huge customer base. Maybe you can make this app/service and accept fiat with the option of crypto payments

Yes, the plan is to be accepting fiat and crypto, and huge customer base is needed, I hope the Crypto market will push for that upon launch but as I said my next road show is ATM Dubai, April, I have around 25 SQ MT or more this year, Im fully prepared to do a part stand promoting this project at the ATM

https://www.menaherald.com/en/business/hospitality-tourism/middle-east-visitors-integral-363-billion-uk-tourism-growth-forecast this is a article I found few months old but its main picture (from 3 years ago I think) and story talks about my stand at the ATM (this year my stand will be bigger and better Smiley and possibly feature this project)

BTW GUYS STILL LOOKING FOR TEAM MEMBERS / BUSINESS PARTNERS / DEVELOPERS to whomever is reading or interested pls PM me.
Cryptokingeth (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:56:04 PM

UPDATE: Domain & UK LTD Company formations set on two possible names (Set company formations just incase idea sets off and have rights to the name/idea)

Got couple domains lined up

I purchased ETHROOMS.COM & ETHBEDS.COM (nice sounding b2b/b2c crypto / booking name I like to think)
Cryptokingeth (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:45:33 PM

UPDATE: Domain & UK LTD Company formations set on two possible names (Set company formations just incase idea sets off and have rights to the name/idea)

Got couple domains lined up

I purchased ETHROOMS.COM & ETHBEDS.COM (nice sounding b2b/b2c crypto / booking name I like to think)

I Can't PM you )) please provide email or something else to contact you

tours@cstholidays.com
Cryptokingeth (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:01:21 PM

Side note: I'm not sure if you have any graphic designers, but that's my specialty. If you need a hand with initial branding, let's have a conversation!

I am sorry I over looked that part, Yes interested of course, I will PM you soon (Still have limits as a newbie)
diwataluna

Activity: 224
Merit: 103

0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:38:59 AM

Travel-related projects for cryptos always excite me. I love to travel and have been to some parts of Asia and Europe, planning to go to UK this year. My country also gets millions of visitors. Blockchain has such a big potential to solve problems in booking and other travel arrangements, especially with the rise of stolen or faked transactions or promos  (see #TravelHacks series of Trend Micro).

There are many who have a similar idea as yours, for sure. But given your extensive experience in the industry, you have a unique position to leverage. Best of luck! I'll keep an eye out for your launch as I'm interested in ICO marketing and community management too.
aervin11

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:30:51 PM

I see your project having a great advantage like other same ICO's who are already developing their beta's. Your advantage is your established company who is very well known and still operating. I think you have a great edge for there have not much competitors of the field, but I have seen a good ICO like https://travelchain.io/ Their project looks good but they are having some troubles with the team and the development(I can't put every detail but this is what I've observed). You maybe share the same idea somehow but true projects with dedicated team would help you reach the top. I suggest you to continue this great idea and gather your team, the best you can get, for that would decide the success of the company. You are on the right place for placing your idea, you can get the best team here but just be careful and know them well before starting the project.

Anyways you can contact me at whyexperty@gmail.com.
I can't offer that much technical skills but I got the passion.

Goodluck to your project.
Cryptokingeth (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:56:37 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 09:06:04 PM by Cryptokingeth

I see your project having a great advantage like other same ICO's who are already developing their beta's. Your advantage is your established company who is very well known and still operating. I think you have a great edge for there have not much competitors of the field, but I have seen a good ICO like https://travelchain.io/ Their project looks good but they are having some troubles with the team and the development(I can't put every detail but this is what I've observed). You maybe share the same idea somehow but true projects with dedicated team would help you reach the top. I suggest you to continue this great idea and gather your team, the best you can get, for that would decide the success of the company. You are on the right place for placing your idea, you can get the best team here but just be careful and know them well before starting the project.

thanks for the good luck and comments. I will be in contact via email to discuss any possible team work

RE TRAVELCHAIN & OTHER SIMILAR PROJECTS - I may be wrong, But I will say what I feel from my heart... What a load of shit from a bunch of KIDS who use their SERVICED RENTED office window as a white board high fiving each other with a team of 10 doing fuck all not busy at all. come to any one of my office even on Christmas day you wont see a dead environment like that... No experience in the travel industry what so ever... UBER FOR TRAVEL? Hmm I think there is MANY swift company's including mine who our customers would say we are the Uber of travel but the good point is where? What good is UBER for travel if you cant give the customers a price / reward / experience advantage... Videos and site info gave me all that from first look (20 min)

These people just like many other in the crypto world 2017 and 2018 Just after swift ICO funds and the project will go no where for months untill everyone forgets about it and it dies.

UPDATE ON PROJECT:

So as I previously mentioned, I have the backing of a seasoned B2B/B2C system programmer/developer, I have booked my ticket to London for the 15TH Feb as too busy to travel before that, We will be meeting at my office in Edgware road, Marble Arch to discuss launching of beta site - ANY ONE IS WELCOME TO ATTEND (if you have something to bring to the team as a dev/partner/adviser.

Update soon.

Still in need of Mobile Developers, Blockchain Developers and advisers, A SOLID ETH CONTRACT DEVELOPER. No fiver or basic copy paste work
aervin11

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:49:08 AM

thanks for the good luck and comments. I will be in contact via email to discuss any possible team work

RE TRAVELCHAIN & OTHER SIMILAR PROJECTS - I may be wrong, But I will say what I feel from my heart... What a load of shit from a bunch of KIDS who use their SERVICED RENTED office window as a white board high fiving each other with a team of 10 doing fuck all not busy at all. come to any one of my office even on Christmas day you wont see a dead environment like that... No experience in the travel industry what so ever... UBER FOR TRAVEL? Hmm I think there is MANY swift company's including mine who our customers would say we are the Uber of travel but the good point is where? What good is UBER for travel if you cant give the customers a price / reward / experience advantage... Videos and site info gave me all that from first look (20 min)

These people just like many other in the crypto world 2017 and 2018 Just after swift ICO funds and the project will go no where for months untill everyone forgets about it and it dies.

UPDATE ON PROJECT:

So as I previously mentioned, I have the backing of a seasoned B2B/B2C system programmer/developer, I have booked my ticket to London for the 15TH Feb as too busy to travel before that, We will be meeting at my office in Edgware road, Marble Arch to discuss launching of beta site - ANY ONE IS WELCOME TO ATTEND (if you have something to bring to the team as a dev/partner/adviser.

Update soon.

Still in need of Mobile Developers, Blockchain Developers and advisers, A SOLID ETH CONTRACT DEVELOPER. No fiver or basic copy paste work

You have greater insights as you are on the field for many years now. We can't gamble money of the people where our funds come from the we start our project without any experiences like other said ICO's did and still doing. Your project was brilliant and I see that as a project that would change the image of cryptocurrency into real life currency. Better said and done. Im sure that Im not qualified for the positions you're looking for but I will still support your project, keeping an eye on you and I'd be happy to invest.
Cryptokingeth (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:53:32 PM

Update on project:

Hi Crypto world!

Since last update project now is moving quickly, My father is fully on board also, as is another partner (previously mentioned) Demo B2C site is up and fully functional minus a reward / crypto gateway, So far this has set me back 19K USD, Not bad for a demo! I am not sure about making a demo app though (too much costs involved to make a beta trial at the moment, but still not ruling it out)

Unfortunate that I didn't find any help via the forum on regarding Developer, I imagine in this new age of crypto they are all busy!, I did however stumble upon Moneo and I am in talks with multiple Devs on there

Moving forward the project is looking into the possibility of Cardano Platform as an alternative to Ethereum based token / ICO contract (Any thoughts on that would be much appreciated.

I can also confirm that I will be promoting this via a shared stand at the Arabian Travel Market 2018 (April, Dubai @ the world trade center)
And so I invite any Dubai Crypto Investors aka Dubai Whales lol  Wink to come have a chat with me if interested to invest and in joining a white list PRE ICO.

I will announce our stand number/location via an official thread soon

Next update may be the final before I close this thread and start an official thread (Also as we have registered many domains on potential names for this project I may post a poll for an outside look on that.

Thanks and chat soon!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: