Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:33:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018!  (Read 16824 times)
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:09:52 AM

ASICs can and will play huge roles for some coins on some algos
but this is the question for cryptocommunity and market as well anif they are ok with asics domination
cause some are not and the developers can change the code and make the fork which renders asics obsolete
but some developers ( dash, ltc) are ok with asics..
I think there shoud be some algo for GPU, some for CPU, some for ASICs, that would be fair..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:50:46 AM

I am a Venezuelan, and I will tell you a little about petro.
Petro will not be a minable currency. The government will mine them, without minable code, second. The petro may not be redeemable anywhere. And finally ... 20 petros are worth $ 1000, so it's just a mature way to avoid trump blocking
If you think you're going to mine petro, you live in a fairy world

Then what's the difference between Petro and any paper money that is printed by whatever government? Zero. Blockchain features are just blahblahblah.

xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:44:10 AM

That consumes more time  and brain now, aye.
Mpaзи eбaнyтыe c cвoим aye yжe и дo биткoинтoлкa дoбpaлиcь.
 Бpыcь нa нapы
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:52:11 AM

Бpыcь нa нapы

Maшкa, чeм pyгaтьcя лyчшe бы язык пoдyчилa.

dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:31:03 PM

Бpыcь нa нapы

Aye pyлит фopeвa. They said.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:38:29 PM

I see day by day, ASICS of many coins are launching, individually or multiple. Chinese companies are trying to kill the GPU mining market once again cause they are greedy, just like they did to Bitcoin and Litecoin. GPU Mining died in 2013 and was resurrected in 2015 with the Cryptocoins Generation 2.0, although many of you miners just started mining on 2016 due to huge pumps on those 2.0 cryptocoins.

As Cryptocoins got more popular than in 2011 - 2013. The new generation of Cryptocoins 2015 and afterwards are endangered by ASICS once again, and 2018 looks to be the year of per the title "GPU mining will die in 2018!".

Keep in mind that there are possible ASICS for ethash already for Q1, and even if ETH goes POS, ETC and other ethash coins will be only ASICS and if that happens only Equihash coins will be minable for a time and I have a word that there is already an ASIC in development for Equihash already and will start delivering in Q4 2018. As GPU mining keep gets scarce, other popular coins will have pumps and so ASICS will be born for them.

I want to know your thoughts about it and I wonder the limits of --> "where, there is money to be made, there is greedy"

Keep in mind that this price crashing we are seeing is due also to the fear of ASICS for most GPU mining coins.

You've got the right point there and I'm looking forward to sell my GPU's as soon as possible due to that. Once Ethash & Equihash ASIC miners get released, we'll see a heck load of GPU's coming out on sale at literally half of price, so it's better to sell out now.

The GPU mining can't be just vanished though, there'll always remain a few coins that can be mined through GPU's but their profitability? I think it'll be much lesser.
dimpsk

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:45:35 PM

I see day by day, ASICS of many coins are launching, individually or multiple. Chinese companies are trying to kill the GPU mining market once again cause they are greedy, just like they did to Bitcoin and Litecoin. GPU Mining died in 2013 and was resurrected in 2015 with the Cryptocoins Generation 2.0, although many of you miners just started mining on 2016 due to huge pumps on those 2.0 cryptocoins.

As Cryptocoins got more popular than in 2011 - 2013. The new generation of Cryptocoins 2015 and afterwards are endangered by ASICS once again, and 2018 looks to be the year of per the title "GPU mining will die in 2018!".

Keep in mind that there are possible ASICS for ethash already for Q1, and even if ETH goes POS, ETC and other ethash coins will be only ASICS and if that happens only Equihash coins will be minable for a time and I have a word that there is already an ASIC in development for Equihash already and will start delivering in Q4 2018. As GPU mining keep gets scarce, other popular coins will have pumps and so ASICS will be born for them.

I want to know your thoughts about it and I wonder the limits of --> "where, there is money to be made, there is greedy"

Keep in mind that this price crashing we are seeing is due also to the fear of ASICS for most GPU mining coins.

You've got the right point there and I'm looking forward to sell my GPU's as soon as possible due to that. Once Ethash & Equihash ASIC miners get released, we'll see a heck load of GPU's coming out on sale at literally half of price, so it's better to sell out now.

The GPU mining can't be just vanished though, there'll always remain a few coins that can be mined through GPU's but their profitability? I think it'll be much lesser.

Ethhash ASICs are not proved  yet. But GPU mining  is already not profitable  at all.  May be it's not such a good point to sell it as it  was 2-3 monthes ago. But buing new gpu or asic according current prices is totally insane.
megainarmy

Activity: 348
Merit: 181

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:48:55 PM

GPU mining is unlikely to die, because every day there is a bunch of shit coins with the same masternodes which we can mine the day 2-3-4 and selling them to the stock exchange have not a bad income, 2-3 times higher than the mine eth for example;)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:27:39 PM

GPU mining is unlikely to die, because every day there is a bunch of shit coins with the same masternodes which we can mine the day 2-3-4 and selling them to the stock exchange have not a bad income, 2-3 times higher than the mine eth for example;)

There was a similiar situation back in 2014.

Basically LTC and Doge became so unprofitable that people just instamined new coins and then 24-48 hours later they were usually added to some exchange and you could dump them and generally make 2-3x the profits.

However later on the traders got smarter and no longer bought those coins because they never reached any potential.

And the same situation will happen right now.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1307

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 11:36:55 PM

There was a similiar situation back in 2014.

Basically LTC and Doge became so unprofitable that people just instamined new coins and then 24-48 hours later they were usually added to some exchange and you could dump them and generally make 2-3x the profits.

However later on the traders got smarter and no longer bought those coins because they never reached any potential.

And the same situation will happen right now.

This is not ideal because one day the coins will stop to launch in this pace

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:51:22 PM

... GPU mining  is already not profitable  at all.  May be it's not such a good point to sell it as it  was 2-3 monthes ago. But buing new gpu or asic according current prices is totally insane.

already or maybe temporarily.... additionally the prices of used GPUs (younger than 6 months) are dorpping every week so in a few weeks i could be absolutly not insane ;-)
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:46:02 AM

Ethhash ASICs are not proved  yet. But GPU mining  is already not profitable  at all.  May be it's not such a good point to sell it as it  was 2-3 monthes ago. But buing new gpu or asic according current prices is totally insane.

I don't know how to tell you this, but you are insanely wrong with part of that.  With the 31 gpu's that I have, I mined various coins and traded for btc in the month of March.  In the month of March, I ended up with 0.18337303 BTC.  If I converted to fiat right now that would equate to $1315.70USD.  My electrical costs (rigs and ventilation) for the month were approx $400USD.  Do the math and tell me that isn't profit.

I bought my gpu's last year at reasonable prices, not much over MSRP.  Not all, but a large portion of my rigs are paid for, if I converted to fiat right now.  I'm not converting to fiat at today's btc price (not even to cover electrical costs).  I'm placing a bet and waiting.  I'm not advocating that someone go out and pay insane gpu prices right now and start building a farm.  But do not tell me that gpu mining (in my situation) is not profitable.  Lol ... It would be insane for me to shut down my rigs right now and sell everything today. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
cabslock

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:16:20 AM

I don't know how to tell you this, but you are insanely wrong with part of that.  With the 31 gpu's that I have, I mined various coins and traded for btc in the month of March.  In the month of March, I ended up with 0.18337303 BTC.  If I converted to fiat right now that would equate to $1315.70USD.  My electrical costs (rigs and ventilation) for the month were approx $400USD.  Do the math and tell me that isn't profit.

I bought my gpu's last year at reasonable prices, not much over MSRP.  Not all, but a large portion of my rigs are paid for, if I converted to fiat right now.  I'm not converting to fiat at today's btc price (not even to cover electrical costs).  I'm placing a bet and waiting.  I'm not advocating that someone go out and pay insane gpu prices right now and start building a farm.  But do not tell me that gpu mining (in my situation) is not profitable.  Lol ... It would be insane for me to shut down my rigs right now and sell everything today. 

If you converted it. I have a lot of coins in runescape and if I'd convert them to fiat i'd be a millionaire, but i'm not gonna do it right now. I'm placing my bet and waiting.
dimpsk

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:41:40 AM

... GPU mining  is already not profitable  at all.  May be it's not such a good point to sell it as it  was 2-3 monthes ago. But buing new gpu or asic according current prices is totally insane.

already or maybe temporarily.... additionally the prices of used GPUs (younger than 6 months) are dorpping every week so in a few weeks i could be absolutly not insane ;-)

Yep, it's better to wait some more time for buying the new equipment.
dimpsk

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:47:39 AM

I don't know how to tell you this, but you are insanely wrong with part of that.  With the 31 gpu's that I have, I mined various coins and traded for btc in the month of March.  In the month of March, I ended up with 0.18337303 BTC.  If I converted to fiat right now that would equate to $1315.70USD.  My electrical costs (rigs and ventilation) for the month were approx $400USD.  Do the math and tell me that isn't profit.

I bought my gpu's last year at reasonable prices, not much over MSRP.  Not all, but a large portion of my rigs are paid for, if I converted to fiat right now.  I'm not converting to fiat at today's btc price (not even to cover electrical costs).  I'm placing a bet and waiting.  I'm not advocating that someone go out and pay insane gpu prices right now and start building a farm.  But do not tell me that gpu mining (in my situation) is not profitable.  Lol ... It would be insane for me to shut down my rigs right now and sell everything today.  

Than just estimate the size of the capital you invested in this farms last year and compare it with current earnings. But i don't  suggest to stop it and sell in off.  It's not such obviously as it was 3 monthes ago. And the point was that buying new equipment now is still insane.
gotminer

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:56:17 AM

If you converted it. I have a lot of coins in runescape and if I'd convert them to fiat i'd be a millionaire, but i'm not gonna do it right now. I'm placing my bet and waiting.

That just sounds like greed to me.  Hopefully you've at least converted enough to fiat (just in case) to live the rest of your life in comfort.  And then, place all of the bets that you want.  I'm not in this to have lambo's, helicopters, and private jets.  I don't care about any of that shit.  My goal in this space (mining and investing) is to retire by 45-50, rather than working for the man until I'm 65 years old.  If something way better comes out of it, so be it.  I would probably donate a ton to charity, because I don't need to live an extravagant life style to be happy in life.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
stiucsib86

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:59:02 AM

Good news for the gamers? haha

Joke aside, I do think GPU mining will be replaced, for good reason - increased mining difficulty for better security.

Disclaimer: I'm a miner with 90 GPUs.
gotminer

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:13:33 AM

Good news for the gamers? haha

Joke aside, I do think GPU mining will be replaced, for good reason - increased mining difficulty for better security.

Disclaimer: I'm a miner with 90 GPUs.

Increased mining difficulty has nothing to do with security of a network.  Difficulty increases are based on increased hash power that is introduced to the network.

Increased difficulty on a network means that your gpu with a lower hash rate on any given algo compared to a gpu with a higher hash rate will result in less for you than it did when difficulty was lower and hash power on the network was lower.

Replace your old hardware with new hardware that has better hash rate with increased difficulity = same mining capability.

Coin price is another variable.  Coin price does a 2x, you have the same hardware, even with new hash rate introduced to the network, you feel fine, even when the difficulty goes up.  Difficulty goes up, coin price goes down, you have the same hardware, you feel a little less fine.  

It isn't rocket science.

dimpsk

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:17:35 AM

Coin price is another variable.  Coin price does a 2x, you have the same hardware, even with new hash rate introduced, you feel fine, even when the difficulty goes up.  Difficulty goes up, coin price goes down, you have the same hardware, you feel a little less fine. 

It isn't rocket science.

If it continues for  a monthes ya became to feel some headache once instead of less fine.
gotminer

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:22:33 AM

Coin price is another variable.  Coin price does a 2x, you have the same hardware, even with new hash rate introduced, you feel fine, even when the difficulty goes up.  Difficulty goes up, coin price goes down, you have the same hardware, you feel a little less fine. 

It isn't rocket science.

If it continues for  a monthes ya became to feel some headache once instead of less fine.

WHAT?Huh  Please use proper grammar and spell correctly.  I have no idea what you are trying to say with that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: