Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:14:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018!  (Read 16824 times)
Metroid (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:03:59 AM

You want to say that only the coins which will go ASICS mode will die but not all of them. There are like more than thousand coins which are mineable and thus we can always switch to one another and there will be no as such time when there is no coin to mine with the GPU miners. I am sure this is what will keep the concept of GPU miner always live and thus it wont die soon. I know there was time when we used to mine with the CPU's but over the time they got replaced with ASICS for the BTC mining. However GPU is something with more and more options available. So surely they are not dead yet and wont be any soon.

You clearly did not understand the meaning of this thread.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mbdmbn

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:24:59 PM

You want to say that only the coins which will go ASICS mode will die but not all of them. There are like more than thousand coins which are mineable and thus we can always switch to one another and there will be no as such time when there is no coin to mine with the GPU miners. I am sure this is what will keep the concept of GPU miner always live and thus it wont die soon. I know there was time when we used to mine with the CPU's but over the time they got replaced with ASICS for the BTC mining. However GPU is something with more and more options available. So surely they are not dead yet and wont be any soon.

This thread is dead.

GPU mining is alive and well, nearly 5 months into this year.

Look at the bright side, you've got just over 7 months to make your new thread "GPU mining will die in 2019".  Cheesy

Stack them up, because every person that has said the same thing in previous years, has been proven wrong.
finitemaz

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:44:18 PM

ETC should out perform ETH.  With ETH planning a POS hard fork, and Bitmain backing ETC, the inv case for ETC is going up exponentially.  Immutability matters, ETH is a bailout forked shitcoin, people will realize sooner or later.

I have always thought of ETH being a premined scam vaporware, something like 72Million Ethereum were PREMINED to small circle.  How disgusting is that? But yeah, I hold ETC for the lulz.
$LTC moon too
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:05:16 AM

Another satisfactory real 20% profit, since my first advice, 50% real profit on any coin and 90%-150% profit on some coins, sadly weak hands will keep losing the profit. I guess the sad truth will make you trolls to learn that only holders win in this game.

E3 will be on july, so 2x more dif and 2x eth price. Also the f3 will be in disguise for bitrmain to turn it on on july without any problem and in the end bitmain will say the dif increase was only the e3 which will be a lie. The dif will never grow 2x with just the e3, the f3's will be all hidden hehe, 51% attack for bitmain and co hehe but they will not do it, better to mine eth secretly with f3, more money in the long term.

Not the holders of shitcoins will win this game. 99.9% of them go to dust. The only chance is to drop them  from  the weak hands in  proper time  Smiley Like raven coin fo example. That guy who got 100% ROI in a week on it is real cool!
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:25:26 PM

Another satisfactory real 20% profit, since my first advice, 50% real profit on any coin and 90%-150% profit on some coins, sadly weak hands will keep losing the profit. I guess the sad truth will make you trolls to learn that only holders win in this game.

E3 will be on july, so 2x more dif and 2x eth price. Also the f3 will be in disguise for bitrmain to turn it on on july without any problem and in the end bitmain will say the dif increase was only the e3 which will be a lie. The dif will never grow 2x with just the e3, the f3's will be all hidden hehe, 51% attack for bitmain and co hehe but they will not do it, better to mine eth secretly with f3, more money in the long term.

Not the holders of shitcoins will win this game. 99.9% of them go to dust. The only chance is to drop them  from  the weak hands in  proper time  Smiley Like raven coin fo example. That guy who got 100% ROI in a week on it is real cool!

Rvn not a shitcoin. Look out for q4 upgrade fork.
Metroid (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:13:34 AM

If you followed my advice since eth was $350 which was few days ago then you already made almost 100% profit in few days. For the trolls who did not buy eth and used the money to buy a rx 580 for $500 to mine then you will need few years to get that money back and you need to hope that gpu will not stop working hehe, cause mining means that $500 gpu might become a $450 debt anytime hehe

Also point out that with asics coming in a month or so, network difficulty might double or triple hehe, so your 3 year roi might become a 10 - 20 years roi hehe and only if you believe gpu mining will survive that long hehe

And the funny thing is, as bitmain said asics are coming next month or so, that means, once bitmain sends out their asics, that is going to be the same time bitmain will camouflage their special f3 miners hehe which is 10 times higher hashrate than their e3. Ohhhhhh noooooooo, your troll world will be blasted away, your roi hopes and dreams will be sank by the drain and there is nothing you can do about it other than learn from your own mindless decisions hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:05:58 AM

I like how the OP keeps pretending ETH is the only GPU mineable coin, meanwhile XMR has forked off asics and 580 owners are making currently $1.40/day (after power cost) and rising as the market recovers.
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:15:56 AM

I like how the OP keeps pretending ETH is the only GPU mineable coin, meanwhile XMR has forked off asics and 580 owners are making currently $1.40/day (after power cost) and rising as the market recovers.

Exactly, but there is no point arguing with him since the guy is obviously delusional 
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:21:37 PM

If you followed my advice since eth was $350 which was few days ago then you already made almost 100% profit in few days.

Eth hasn't been below $400 since April 9th, which was more than a few days ago.  Also, I don't think it ever hit $350, between the drop from $800+ in March and today.  Lucky for me, I didn't set my buy orders that low and picked some up for $400.  It's looking good, but so is my btc, ltc, xmr, and everything else that I purchased last month.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 12:57:26 PM

ETC should out perform ETH.  With ETH planning a POS hard fork, and Bitmain backing ETC, the inv case for ETC is going up exponentially.  Immutability matters, ETH is a bailout forked shitcoin, people will realize sooner or later.

I have always thought of ETH being a premined scam vaporware, something like 72Million Ethereum were PREMINED to small circle.  How disgusting is that? But yeah, I hold ETC for the lulz.
$LTC moon too

Where does it say that Bitmain is backing ETC? And if ever what you say is true, is that even supposed to be important or noteworthy? Almost everyone hates bitmain and whether you are man enough to admit it or not.

You are entitled to your delusional opinions but in no way is LTC better than ETH. Haha.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:10:40 PM

metroid is a nocoiner.

hehe.  Grin
QuantumProofGhost

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:38:36 PM

$LTC moon too

Where does it say that Bitmain is backing ETC? And if ever what you say is true, is that even supposed to be important or noteworthy? Almost everyone hates bitmain and whether you are man enough to admit it or not.

You are entitled to your delusional opinions but in no way is LTC better than ETH. Haha.

Think of it like how Bitmain backs Bcash. Their ASIC's use ASICboost which is incapable of mining segwit transactions and misses out on segwit transaction fees in the rewards so this makes Bitmain ASIC's advantageous to run on Bcash, and go figure BitMain is pulling moves to displace BTC core.

It would make sense for BitMain to now favor ETC to overtake ETH due to mining.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:47:56 PM

In the beginning/ mid-March I was tempted to sell my mining rig. Glad I didn't, once again it's producing some nice profit Smiley

dimpsk

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:15:24 PM

In the beginning/ mid-March I was tempted to sell my mining rig. Glad I didn't, once again it's producing some nice profit Smiley

Do you feel some regrets now? Rig can become a big mess again Smiley
gotminer

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:18:56 PM

No regrets here ... Still making much more than I'm spending.  Grin

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:30:10 PM

Nope, not at all Smiley. Still mining and receiving some nice profit from my rig even if it uses 1.2kW of power and electricity is 0.16usd/kWh. Smiley

gotminer

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:49:12 PM

Nope, not at all Smiley. Still mining and receiving some nice profit from my rig even if it uses 1.2kW of power and electricity is 0.16usd/kWh. Smiley

Dipstick likes to come around every now and then and take his frustrations out on everyone, because he was way too late to the mining game.  Sorry about his luck.

dimpsk

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:01:23 PM

Dipstick likes to come around every now and then and take his frustrations out on everyone, because he was way too late to the mining game.  Sorry about his luck.

Not at all  I just get some fun from you guys Smiley
lncm

Activity: 388
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:20:44 PM

So, is it dead already?
gotminer

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:54:08 PM

So, is it dead already?

Yeah  Grin Grin Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: