Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:45:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] JimCoin [JIM] A currency for Jims, by Jims.  (Read 6148 times)
Ethinkin9

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

Rolling in the Deep

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:12:44 AM

How to mine this coin now? Still possible to wallet solo?

Thanks to some helpful Jim's I've been mining solo from the CLI Wallet and Daemon

1. Run the Jimcoind file

2. Once you have sync'ed (might take a little while, the box with the daemon will tell you though) then run the simplewallet file

3. Open your wallet (or make a new one using the instructions) from the simplewallet cmd box.

4. Type start_mining NUMBER OF THREADS where NUMBER OF THREADS is the number of CPU cores you want to dedicate to the mining
 - For example, if you have a quad core without hyper threading, you might want to use 2 cores to mine Jim, so in the Simplewallet box you type start_mining 2

I've been mining with a ryzen 1700 using 6 threads and have found about 20,000 Jim Coins in about 12 hours.
Whenever you find a block, you get ~970 coins, and you will see the balance increase if you type balance in the simple wallet box.
If you want to check if the mining is running, check your task manager in windows to see if your CPU usage has increased
To stop mining, type stop_mining in the simple wallet box, then exit both wallet and daemon by typing exit in both boxes.

Good Luck Fellow Jim!!

Thanks, but i think i got an error after cmd start_mining:

Failed to invoke rpc method: HTTP status:2

how to make it works? Thnks
PotatoPants

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:02:30 AM

Thanks to some helpful Jim's I've been mining solo from the CLI Wallet and Daemon

1. Run the Jimcoind file

2. Once you have sync'ed (might take a little while, the box with the daemon will tell you though) then run the simplewallet file

3. Open your wallet (or make a new one using the instructions) from the simplewallet cmd box.

4. Type start_mining NUMBER OF THREADS where NUMBER OF THREADS is the number of CPU cores you want to dedicate to the mining
 - For example, if you have a quad core without hyper threading, you might want to use 2 cores to mine Jim, so in the Simplewallet box you type start_mining 2

I've been mining with a ryzen 1700 using 6 threads and have found about 20,000 Jim Coins in about 12 hours.
Whenever you find a block, you get ~970 coins, and you will see the balance increase if you type balance in the simple wallet box.
If you want to check if the mining is running, check your task manager in windows to see if your CPU usage has increased
To stop mining, type stop_mining in the simple wallet box, then exit both wallet and daemon by typing exit in both boxes.

Good Luck Fellow Jim!!

Are you typing start_mining in the simplewallet box , and adding the threads?

IE - start_mining 3

Zynaps

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:19:25 AM

1. Run the Jimcoind file

Good Luck Fellow Jim!!

Maybe you have opened "Jimcoin GUI Wallet" or "simplewallet" before launch "jimcoind".
I've been mining for a couple of days only launching "jimcoind", without needing of run another Jimcoin proces, that easy.

Close all, open cmd and run "jimcoind", wait for the green notice that says "INFO [xx.xxx.xx.xxx:xxxxx INC] SYNCHRONIZED OK"

Now type  start_mining YourJimcoinWalletAddress -x             (x for number of threads. With my i5 with 6Mb of cache, I use -3)

You are mining now. You can see your hasrate typing show_hr
PotatoPants

Activity: 235

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:37:05 PM

Still mining fine with a few CPU cores.

If you're looking for a coin to solo mine with a crappy PC, Jim is your man!
welhzh

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:25:06 AM

hello jim, have you recovered from illness? we are waiting for you, come back, please.
wishesme

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:38:20 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 01:56:26 AM by wishesme

hello jim, have you recovered from illness? we are waiting for you, come back, please.

I checked Jimceo's active everyday, seems he login the forum every day.So i think jimceo still keeping eyes on this project even he is under illness.Let's wait and be patient.
anam08

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:48:05 AM

hope stability of this coin.
created pool :
http://jim.npool.pw/
Total Pool Fee: 0.5%
Minimum Payment Threshold: 1 JIM
welhzh

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:11:19 AM

created pool :

hello, could you please teach me how to setup a pool?
Ethinkin9

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

Rolling in the Deep

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:13:56 AM

1. Run the Jimcoind file

Good Luck Fellow Jim!!

Maybe you have opened "Jimcoin GUI Wallet" or "simplewallet" before launch "jimcoind".
I've been mining for a couple of days only launching "jimcoind", without needing of run another Jimcoin proces, that easy.

Close all, open cmd and run "jimcoind", wait for the green notice that says "INFO [xx.xxx.xx.xxx:xxxxx INC] SYNCHRONIZED OK"

Now type  start_mining YourJimcoinWalletAddress -x              (x for number of threads. With my i5 with 6Mb of cache, I use -3)

Thanks for this info, i don't know if i mistaken sth but after simple wallet and jimd and mining command i still got the failed message:
welhzh

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:10:49 AM

1. Run the Jimcoind file

Good Luck Fellow Jim!!

Now type  start_mining YourJimcoinWalletAddress -x              (x for number of threads. With my i5 with 6Mb of cache, I use -3)

Thanks for this info, i don't know if i mistaken sth but after simple wallet and jimd and mining command i still got the failed message:

1st, please download Jimcoin command line Wallet, named "JimCoinCLI.zip", and unzip it;
2nd, please enter the dir "JimCoinCLI" in your command line terminal,  run jimcoind.exe from your windows command line.    (ie.  open cmd.exe and then switch to JimCoinCLI directory, and then run jimcoind.exe)
3rd, after running jimcoind.exe, it will print many info, ignore those info.  just type     start_mining Your_Jimcoin_Wallet_Address  nn,       (nn for number of threads)
4,    if you want, please type "help" any time you like.
wishesme

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:35:20 AM

created pool :

Thanks for your effort,I am in !
Matilda

Activity: 288

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:38:45 AM

created pool :

Thanks for your effort,I am in !

this pool is not bad ,i am digging many days .
anam08

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:08:21 AM

hello, could you please teach me how to setup a pool?

just success build at ubuntu 14.04 real server. try build daemon on kvm vps still not work.

for foo, I use https://github.com/charnacrypto/charnapool
welhzh

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:20:37 AM

JimCoin alone moves the wheels of history.  Have you ever asked yourselves in an hour of meditation - which everyone finds during the day - how long we have been striving for greatness? Not only the years we've been at war - the war of work - but from the moment as a child when we realize the world could be conquered. It has been a lifetime struggle, a never-ending fight I say to you, and you will understand that it is a privilege to fight. Cryptocurrency enthusiests of the internet, I ask you once more rise and be worthy of this historical hour.  No revolution is worth anything unless it can defend itself. Some people will tell you crypto is a bad word. They'll conjure up images of black market drug deals, and ransomware charlatans. This is our duty to change their perception. I say, cryptomen and women of the world... unite. We must never acquiesce, for it is together... TOGETHER THAT WE PREVAIL.

when i read this, i am aware of jimcoin being a reasonable and responsible coin.

Features

• 2 minute block time for speedy confirmations
  • Untraceable payments and Unlinkable transactions for true anonymity
  • Resistant to blockchain analysis thanks to non-repeating, one-time addresses
  • Smooth block reward reduction to avoid volatility caused by sudden changes in supply
  • CryptoNight PoW makes ASIC mining impractical and ensures that CPU and GPU mining perform roughly 1:1
  • Adaptive block size that varies based on demand of the network
  • c'mon Jim..its JimCoin

Specifications
  •     Ticker: JIM
  •     Block Time: 120 seconds
  •     Block Reward: Smooth reduction each block
  •     Total Supply: 1,000,000,000 JIM
  •     P2P Port: 8446
  •     RPC Port: 8447
  •     Proof of Work Algorithm: CryptoNight
welhzh

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:12:00 PM

created pool :

why the hash rate is not stable, after some time , the hash rate will definitely decrease. ie the interval between 2 accepted tasks rise several minutes.
wishesme

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:13:58 AM

created pool :

why the hash rate is not stable, after some time , the hash rate will definitely decrease. ie the interval between 2 accepted tasks rise several minutes.

you can set the diff by your own.
Just add .diff after wallet address

example:

stratum+tcp://jim.npool.pw:10061 -u yourwalletaddress.500 -p x
welhzh

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:30:37 AM

created pool :

example:

good, i specified the diff by my own, the hash rate is very stable, thank you.
by the way, what's the difference between low diff and high diff?
wishesme

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:43:40 AM

created pool :

example:

good, i specified the diff by my own, the hash rate is very stable, thank you.
by the way, what's the difference between low diff and high diff?

depend on the hardware.
low end hw use low diff
hight end hw use hight diff

this will make the hashrate stable.
JimCEO (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:57:17 PM

created pool :

Jim, you are a gentleman and a scholar.  I will add your pool to the announcement post and block explorer asap.  Also, I will make your pool's domain in the default pool list on the next wallet release assuming it is still up and running at that time.
JimCEO (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 05:24:11 PM

For anyone wondering about difficulty in regards to pool mining the ideal difficulty allows you to get at the very least 1 share per block so you are rewarded for your mining.  In my opinion you should target your difficulty so that you are consistently submitting multiple shares in a 2 minute period since the target block time is 2 minutes.  If you target your difficulty too high you might not submit any shares during the mining of a block and therefore not be rewarded at all.  On the other hand if you set your difficulty too low you will waste time getting new work.  It is best to find a good medium that allows you to utilize your computational power appropriately.  I have my pool set to adjust difficulty for miners and automatically targets having each miner submit a share every 20 seconds. This should allow roughly 6 shares every block and in my opinion allows miners to be rewarded accurately for their mining.  Hope this helps those wanting to set their difficulty manually. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: