Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:57:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] JimCoin [JIM] A currency for Jims, by Jims.  (Read 6148 times)
wishesme

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:26:58 AM

For anyone wondering about difficulty in regards to pool mining the ideal difficulty allows you to get at the very least 1 share per block so you are rewarded for your mining.  In my opinion you should target your difficulty so that you are consistently submitting multiple shares in a 2 minute period since the target block time is 2 minutes.  If you target your difficulty too high you might not submit any shares during the mining of a block and therefore not be rewarded at all.  On the other hand if you set your difficulty too low you will waste time getting new work.  It is best to find a good medium that allows you to utilize your computational power appropriately.  I have my pool set to adjust difficulty for miners and automatically targets having each miner submit a share every 20 seconds. This should allow roughly 6 shares every block and in my opinion allows miners to be rewarded accurately for their mining.  Hope this helps those wanting to set their difficulty manually. 

Glad to see you back,jim!
Your explaination of diff set is excellent.
Also i see the official pool is up again, let's keep the project moving.
TOGETHER THAT WE PREVAIL.
welhzh

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:14:38 AM

For anyone wondering about difficulty in regards to pool mining the ideal difficulty allows you to get at the very least 1 share per block so you are rewarded for your mining.  In my opinion you should target your difficulty so that you are consistently submitting multiple shares in a 2 minute period since the target block time is 2 minutes.  If you target your difficulty too high you might not submit any shares during the mining of a block and therefore not be rewarded at all.  On the other hand if you set your difficulty too low you will waste time getting new work.  It is best to find a good medium that allows you to utilize your computational power appropriately.  I have my pool set to adjust difficulty for miners and automatically targets having each miner submit a share every 20 seconds. This should allow roughly 6 shares every block and in my opinion allows miners to be rewarded accurately for their mining.  Hope this helps those wanting to set their difficulty manually. 

glad to see you jim, i am mining and waiting for you back, thank you drive this coin forward.
i also set a fix diff to my miner.
wish to see the advanced of this coin.
wishesme

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:07:44 AM

Hi Jimceo,Any plan to list on exchange in the near future?
timnetworks

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:54:59 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 05:09:23 AM by timnetworks

Hello Jim! (that's plural)

And hello Jim (singular), I am almost a Jim and aspire to one day be a Jim.

I also would like to ask for some guidance on how to enter responsibly into this chain with a bunch of hashing power. Last time I played around on this chain, it split inside a half day, I have a feeling those two events were completely mutually exclusive, but I'd like to tread carefully. [redacted] I've got a couple of xeon servers I'd be willing to add, in the name of learning better how to perform all these tasks competently.

thank you,
tim

JimCEO (OP)

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 03:50:21 PM

Hi Jimceo,Any plan to list on exchange in the near future?

Eventually I will seek out exchanges to list Jim but if the community wants it you are all free to submit listing requests on any exchanges.  Ultimately it is up to an exchange to list a coin but if you require any information or for a dev or core member to provide anything for a listing let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Hello Jim! (that's plural)

And hello Jim (singular), I am almost a Jim and aspire to one day be a Jim.

I also would like to ask for some guidance on how to enter responsibly into this chain with a bunch of hashing power. Last time I played around on this chain, it split inside a half day, I have a feeling those two events were completely mutually exclusive, but I'd like to tread carefully. [redacted] I've got a couple of xeon servers I'd be willing to add, in the name of learning better how to perform all these tasks competently.

thank you,
tim

Thanks for the interest and caution Jim,

The best way to throw large amounts of hash without risking splitting the chain is to solo mine so that one pool does not acquire too large a percentage of the total network hashrate.  Let me know if you need help setting this up but there are already posts on how to solo mine if you look through this thread.

Good day,

Jim
JimCEO (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 04:29:25 PM

Jims,

Lets spread the hashpower out a bit and get some miners on the new pool.  jim.npool.pw is up and running and has a significantly lower fee!  I've tested and it is working very well with regular payouts.  This will reward the Jim who made the pool for the community, help secure the network, and prevent chain splits.
davis_as

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:20:21 PM

Good to see you back, Jim.
I will use this pool.
Thanks a lot!
Jims,

Lets spread the hashpower out a bit and get some miners on the new pool.  jim.npool.pw is up and running and has a significantly lower fee!  I've tested and it is working very well with regular payouts.  This will reward the Jim who made the pool for the community, help secure the network, and prevent chain splits.
CrimsonEye

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 09:22:30 PM

I'm so happy to see that I can mine this coin again,
Just for the Jimemes. Grin
wishesme

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:13:34 AM

HI JIMS,

Pls move your hash power to the http://jim.npool.pw/   pool.  It's only 0.5% fee!

too much hash in official pool now,this is not good and we dont want the chain split again,pls move move move!
welhzh

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:38:57 AM

hello, jimceo, is this coin open source? if it is, where can i get the source code ?
and what is the next step of this coin? is there a roadmap?
thanks.
Saugani

Activity: 672
Merit: 35

#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 04:24:21 AM

Jims,

Hi Dev JIM....

what the next for exchanges this Coin  Huh
what the hell roadmap  Huh

nice, the tech & support algorithm Cryptonight  Wink

welhzh

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:25:19 AM

http://pool.jimcoin.net/     stucked, is this pool down ?
wishesme

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:35:01 AM

http://pool.jimcoin.net/     stucked, is this pool down ?

I think is down, also i think some nicehash is kicking in another pool.
tapuhkk

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:42:49 AM

Network hashrate growing fast,already 100K now! That a good sign! Let us jims keep moving!
welhzh

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:26:35 PM

wow, this coin get more and more attention, hash rate rise so high.
jimceo, please i have 2 things, is this coin open source, and the roadmap.
kn0w0n3

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:04:31 PM

Jim, the OSX installer doesn't seem to work for version 10.12
JimCEO (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 04:20:58 PM

Jim, the OSX installer doesn't seem to work for version 10.12

I am aware.  This is on my to do list but thank you for pointing it out.

Also, official pool is unstuck.
timnetworks

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:16:27 AM

stratum+tcp://jim.npool.pw:10061 -u yourwalletaddress.500 -p x

hey jim what is this the setting for? a custom mining software? or the default wallets?

I'm still not having any luck. I stopped receiving mining fees sometime last night on both machines, sometime after discovering a block and getting a large mining fee. Am I mining my own chain?

thx,
jim
welhzh

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:23:08 AM

hey jim what is this the setting for? a custom mining software? or the default wallets?

I'm still not having any luck. I stopped receiving mining fees sometime last night on both machines, sometime after discovering a block and getting a large mining fee. Am I mining my own chain?

thx,
jim

custom mining software, for me is minerd (for cpu) and ccminer (for gpu).
so you use: minerd stratum+tcp://jim.npool.pw:10061 -u yourwalletaddress.3000 -p x
or:
ccminer stratum+tcp://jim.npool.pw:10061 -u yourwalletaddress.3000 -p x
timnetworks

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:33:13 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 04:46:51 AM by timnetworks

ccminer stratum+tcp://jim.npool.pw:10061 -u yourwalletaddress.5000 -p x
I'm learning a lot! Thank you so much for your step by step spoonfeeding.

I've compiled ccminer and connected it to jim.npool.pw. My work is being accepted at ~250H/s

Very exciting. So far, not seeing any mining fees deposited into my wallet.

I've already generated a third one and want to start learning about input consolidation.

Thank you again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: