Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:37:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of verge  (Read 233 times)
ManMadeBox (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:56:27 PM

Recently found out about the verge coin and it seems like the value has been fluctuating a lot.

Has anyone done indepth research into whether the project is actually viable?
ggameon

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:47:06 AM

not sure what you mean by fluctuating. verge has been rising for a year or so untill a few weeks back. I has risen once i checked about x50.000 times in its entire run. most famously is its x10.000 rise.

Crypto trading is no science, you can't research shit really.

Pros of verge is its stubborn community ( i own verge but really have no emotional bond with it lol ). These people seem to believe in the objective of the coin and see it superior to others. Me, i don't know there are others with more or less similar functions except for the so called "wraith"which gives you the ability to choose to be anonimous or not for your transactions.
The developer has hired 3rd party audits to check the functionality of wraith....so maybe we see a pump after this.

other pros can be that it is still cheap, very cheap and has. so people like me think that with a  little luck it could go to $1 or more which is 10x or more. but you can't know or research.

Cons of verge is it seems there are people who really do their best to spread BS about this coin ( you have this for more coins but verge haters seem to be very motivated lol. though recently it has calmed down since verge is not going us as it used to )
You have 14b coins which makes reaching $1+ Not as easy as it sounds

I  stop here, there are people who are more up to date with this coin and maybe they will give you a better overview, or some idiots who come and shout this is a scam ..it is dead etc etc lol Grin Grin

Pumps and dumps are common in most coins and honestly i like that. A smart trader could have trippled his money in the few weeks in which verge has been very stagnant overal.

I don't think verge will do x100 again anytime soon ( no established coin will do that ) you need to take risk with other unsecure coins and wait......

Good luck with your choice...it is hard to pick coins, but overthinking it won't help.
My buddy knows shit, doesn't read shit but picks more profitable projects than me....so recently i decided to follow him instead lol Grin Grin
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:32:05 AM

From what I've seen, Verge seemed to hit the moon because John McAfee promoted it on his Twitter. I didn't know much about it before.

I'm more curious about Deep Onion when it comes to privacy coins.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:04:44 AM

Verge has too much touting and less substance. In other words, maybe, "verge is on the verge of collapse" ;-)
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:14:48 AM

From what I've seen, Verge seemed to hit the moon because John McAfee promoted it on his Twitter. I didn't know much about it before. I'm more curious about Deep Onion when it comes to privacy coins.

John McAfee can be helping a lot when it comes to hyping a coin or token but of course we should be doing our due diligence when investing money into a cryptocurrency. I have been seeing Verge from a distance (figuratively speaking) and I have never considered buying even one piece of this coin though I might be adding this to my list now as another potential prospect. I have many friends in cryptocurrency who also got some Verge and they are actually waiting for the coin to make a big surge maybe within this first quarter (please don't take this as a financial advice). Is Verge on the verge of coin stardom with John as its endorser? That we should hope and see...
machinationus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:38:04 AM

Verge has too much touting and less substance. In other words, maybe, "verge is on the verge of collapse" ;-)

Yes, sadly it would not increase much during the next following days/weeks.

It has increased from $0,003 to more than $0,24, that is not normal, and it happened in less than a month, if it goes up, it is only because of pure speculation.

shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:30:42 AM

Yes, sadly it would not increase much during the next following days/weeks.

It has increased from $0,003 to more than $0,24, that is not normal, and it happened in less than a month, if it goes up, it is only because of pure speculation.

true dat! :-) there are many promising upcoming projects, and verge's dev is not keeping up pace unfortunately.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:50:25 AM

John Mcafee pumped this coin up to 20 cents, and now the price just keep on going down more and more. Maybe it will go back to its original's price, in my opinion it's too late to invest in this coin so I am not going to touch it.

ggameon

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:51:32 AM

so which currency with privacy as its sellingpoint has substance according to you and why? Probably you have no answer to this Grin Wink

As for waiting for the price to explode, everybody who owns some coin hopes for this to happen. Verge has already made people millionairs with very little investment, i hope that it will do that again, but i doubt anytime soon it can reach more than x10. Actually i would be very happy if it hits $0.50 in near future maybe $1 or $2 would be great.

Nobody can predict it, absolutely impossible.
ggameon

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:08:31 AM

John Mcafee pumped this coin up to 20 cents, and now the price just keep on going down more and more. Maybe it will go back to its original's price, in my opinion it's too late to invest in this coin so I am not going to touch it.

No it doesnt go down and down. It was stable at 0.15 - 0.16 and got pomped a few times and went back to base.
after the last few days crash, it is a bit down like all other coins.
Dont wanna defend any project, but a lot of people say bullshit on this forum, without any arguments. Why you use some other coin which is in this segment? That is a weak reason, i have ripple and had monero till recently. Cant see ripple giving me 10x but it is one the most stable coins in the long run. 
Is verge down more than most other coins?  no Grin
Wasnt verge one of the 5-6 coins which got back on its feet after the crash...YES Grin
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:16:41 AM

verge is pumping
due to so much fake news its producing about itself lol
says debit cards coming out soon...
says their partnership they announcing on 17th will bring htem to top 3 cmc
people believe antyhing they say

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
jeda2000

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:32:50 AM

"Crypto trading is no science, you can't research shit really."

I agree with this opinion, my friend, the most important factor that technical analysts and graphic readers ignore is whales. They are the ones that upset the market and shape the direction they want. The number of whales continues to increase day by day. I can not predict too much about the future of the market.
kulakvlad

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:45:54 AM

I believe that this year verge will be all right. In the next year there may be strong competitors.

luckybar

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:22:46 PM

Not too confident on the dev team, I sold the remaining amount of verge I had while the price is still somewhat high.
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:48:24 PM

I don't really believe on all the news they call big news, big partners. in my opinion this just hype coin. their team not do anything on github code for a year and suddenly back when crypto market going to the moon recently to make money.
but i hope i'm wrong and you guys can make money with it

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:28:12 PM

It has been turned into a pump and dump coin by mcafee. It was pumped late last year and some people got super rich from it, now the train has left and moved on to other coins. Look elsewhere for non-pumped privacy coins like deeponion

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
jomarkororo

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:51:14 PM

I think the price hike for today and yesterday was because about the deal to tokenpay.I had 5000 xvg last year and sold at its all time high.
LEINADbtc

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:34:46 PM

It really got a nice pump today. I feel like we are going back like December.
Let's just hope all other coins do the same tho hah  Grin Grin

After the sunday pump, everything is doin well! Keep that lmao

——< Datecoin | The fastest successful match. The hottest ICO ever. >——
ANN | Medium | Twitter Facebook | LinkdedIn | Telegram
Kubit

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:02:27 PM

Nobody talks about and questionable dev?
https://cointelegraph.com/news/cryptocurrency-verge-responds-to-hacking-claims-by-launching-accidental-hard-fork
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3256693.msg34004928#msg34004928

How come? Are big partners more important story than this one?
btcblockchain

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:23:47 PM

verge is the hottest cryptocurrency in  April and we can expect verge to touch all-time high once the new tie-ups gets completed
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: