Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:23:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to sue ButterflyLabs - Big Single-SC owner let's league for class action  (Read 39300 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:35:28 AM

Holy crap. BCP19 is the latest BFL sock. Everyone hail to the king of socks!
A sock? Hmm.
IQ: 148
Attended M.I.T. for 4 terms (could not afford to graduate)
worked odd jobs for 2 years
Joined the military.  Scored in the 98th percentile on the ASVAB.
Trained as an Aviation Electronics Technician
Worked and flew on the P-3C, in excess of 3,500 hours of flight time.
Retired after 20 years.
I sure don't see sock puppet in there anywhere, sorry.
Alright, I take that comment back.

- because no one on the Internet lies
- because anyone who feels the need to advertise their IQ has a problem with their ego

Everything there is verifiable.  Can you say the same of your posts?

Prove me wrong, smart-guy.
I already had this out with DrJoe, please read.

I'm sorry, but you have me confused with someone who gives a shit about you or your fondness for Butterfly Labs. The very fact that you defend them is reason enough to write you off entirely as someone with zero redeeming qualities, IMO.

*hugs*
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:39:57 AM

A sock? Hmm.
Retired after 20 years.

Sorry but any time you bullet point your life achievements to strangers on an internet forums in order to give yourself some kind of credibility you've already lost.

The reasons not to do this are 2-fold:
1. Anyone can claim anything
2. Internet strangers don't care

Let your arguments stand on their own merit.  Either you've lied about your background to bolster your credibility (very sad) or you were completely accurate in which case nobody gives a fuck and you look dumb trying to impress people with something not related to the discussion at all.  What does your IQ or military experience have to do with a BFL lawsuit?

A high IQ doesn't do anything to make your ideas or positions appear any less like a sock puppet (not that I think you are one).

Fun Fact: I was a 1N2 in the military and sat the same racks copying the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan_Island_incident intelligence failure a couple years before me.  I suppose it's even possible I copied mission on some of your flights.
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:48:44 AM

A sock? Hmm.
Retired after 20 years.

- because anyone who feels the need to advertise their IQ has a problem with their ego

Everything there is verifiable.  Can you say the same of your posts?

Prove me wrong, smart-guy.
I already had this out with DrJoe, please read.

I'm sorry, but you have me confused with someone who gives a shit about you or your fondness for Butterfly Labs. The very fact that you defend them is reason enough to write you off entirely as someone with zero redeeming qualities, IMO.

*hugs*

This guy is just some teenager trying to win a free unit from Joshua. His arguments are flawed and logic is definitely not MIT material, more like highschool. If you have to post your fictitious credentials to attempt to validate your argument, your argument is pretty week to begin with.

And a Public Service Announcement!
If you have ordered from BFL and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask Butterfly Labs for one, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. One customer has already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via BTC or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with BFL to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from BFL, here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

A sock? Hmm.
Retired after 20 years.

Sorry but any time you bullet point your life achievements to strangers on an internet forums in order to give yourself some kind of credibility you've already lost.

Let your arguments stand on their own merit.  Either you've lied about your background to bolster your credibility (very sad) or you were completely accurate in which case nobody gives a fuck and you look dumb trying to impress people with something not related to the discussion at all.  What does your IQ or military experience have to do with a BFL lawsuit?

A high IQ doesn't do anything to make your ideas or positions appear any less like a sock puppet (not that I think you are one).

Fun Fact: I was a 1N2 in the military and sat the same racks copying the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan_Island_incident intelligence failure a couple years before me.  I suppose it's even possible I copied mission on some of your flights.
1. Maybe the purpose behind the bullets was to troll people into commenting?  After all, I am a shill, a fanboi, a sock-puppet and a troll according to these posters.

2. See #1.

3. Ok, so nobody gives a fuck, see #1.  They have nothing to do with a lawsuit, they were claiming I am Josh posting under a psuedonym.

4. True.  But talking about it makes me refer to #1.

Those are EP-3's and I flew on regular P-3C's.  Big difference between them.  I had to sign an NDA the first time I had to work on an EP-3.  All I can say is WOW!
While I was deployed to Japan and Deigo Garcia many times, we never had IN's on our flights.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:00:20 AM

sounding more like josh post by post

Exactly what I was thinking.
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:01:36 AM

This guy is just some teenager trying to win a free unit from Joshua. His arguments are flawed and logic is definitely not MIT material, more like highschool. If you have to post your fictitious credentials to attempt to validate your argument, your argument is pretty week to begin with.

And a Public Service Announcement!
If you have ordered from BFL and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask Butterfly Labs for one, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. One customer has already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via BTC or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with BFL to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from BFL, here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0

My credentials had nothing to do with any argument, I was called a sock-puppet of Josh.  I don't think Josh is retired Navy, he looks awfully young.  Besides, in troll value, I earned at least +50 off that post Cheesy

You really need to teach your monkey how to cut and paste your PSA for you.  After all it's only in the thread about 70 times already, god forbid someone missed it.

You may want to check out these threads as well:  They've gotten no PSA love lately
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280092.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.0

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:07:51 AM

The main reason we think you are Josh is that you obviously both suffer from the same condition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

You have gall to start your CV with a statement about what you think your IQ might be based on your recollection of something that happened, presumably, 20+ years ago.  I don't even think public schools are capable of determining IQ's over about 130 with any degree of accuracy.  I won't press the mommy issues you described earlier in this thread though it would not surprise me if careful analysis of Josh's posts revealed the same.  You act like a child, just like Josh.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it is probably a narcissistic douche-bag named Josh.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:12:36 AM

You really need to teach your monkey how to cut and paste your PSA for you.  After all it's only in the thread about 70 times already, god forbid someone missed
You may want to check out these threads as well:  They've gotten no PSA love lately
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280092.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.0

70 PSAs warning against doing business with Butterfly Labs in any related thread on these forums is a good start.

To quote Robert Smith of The Cure, it's "never enough".
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:15:04 AM

I won't ignore him either as he is quite entertaining.

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:29:58 AM

The main reason we think you are Josh is that you obviously both suffer from the same condition.

You have gall to start your CV with a statement about what you think your IQ might be based on your recollection of something that happened, presumably, 20+ years ago.  I don't even think public schools are capable of determining IQ's over about 130 with any degree of accuracy.  I won't press the mommy issues you described earlier in this thread though it would not surprise me if careful analysis of Josh's posts revealed the same.  You act like a child, just like Josh.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it is probably a narcissistic douche-bag named Josh.
Let me see... Narcissism... in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water.
Um, no, I'd rather stare at pretty women, thanks.  You must have me mistaken with k9.

While I did have my IQ tested when I was in like 7th or 8th grade, that wasn't what I was going by.  I was part of an evaluation done while I was in the Navy.  I'm pretty sure I can remember something that happened when I was 35 quite well.  And even if I didn't, I have a copy of the report in my service record.  I do have to admit though that I love how everyone thinks they are some sort of arm-chair Psychiatrist.  I am very secure in my life, I have no 'mommy' issues.  Your are starting to sound like k9 to me, are you sure you aren't his sock-puppet?  He too likes to take infintesimal little things out of context and blow them up to horrendous proportions.  Of course, maybe you are a sock-puppet of DrJoe as he loves to say people act like children.  You're not hyped up enough to be a sock-puppet of PG... or did you take a valium?  PG old friend... Is that you?

FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:31:12 AM

So , ahh, all of this is just so much crap until someone provides contact info for some US lawfirm they've approached to represent those who have claims against BFL and want to pursue legal action.  Hint - a law firm proximal to BFL HQ is probably a good start.

The one time I've ever had a post deleted on the BFL forums, it was when I was musing about the extraordinary number of day-1 minirig orders, and thinking out loud about how, if it turned out that BFL had provided any kit ahead of the actual payment date for friends and/or staff, it would almost certainly constitute a fraud against their other customers.  I did say that I thought this was highly unlikely - but the post got deleted anyhow.

I guess it's conceivable that someone friendly with BFL could come along late and place an order for a dozen minirigs and formally or in informally make their order conditional on jumping to the front of the queue; but BFL would have to realise how that would put the company at risk, so I'm sure they wouldn't accept such a proposition - still, it's something to ponder.

I converted my order to Monarch within about half an hour of it being available, so I am in no position to demand a refund, and I really don't expect anyone angrily bashing away on their keyboards to actually initiate a legal suit, but even if they did I wouldn't be party to it.  If I get my Monarch in Dec/Jan I'll be delighted, but if BFL were to offer me a refund in the meantime I'd take it.

Here is a Law firm that would work:

http://www.scimlaw.com/

Nah, no good, I have already contacted them. Out of the 12 or so emails I have sent to law firms 5 have responded, two have declined to help and three are interested.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:34:11 AM

100 million orders is way out of the ballpark. There are only like 50,000 entities that mine bitcoin. That would be about 2000 orders per mining entity. They just changed their order number scheme part way though. If you look at the reported order list you can see where it changed. Looks like there is overlap on either side of the date too... so they did a bad job of the cut over. Maybe multiple systems handling orders and they got updated at different times.
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:36:23 AM

100 million orders is way out of the ballpark. There are only like 50,000 entities that mine bitcoin. That would be about 2000 orders per mining entity. They just changed their order number scheme part way though. If you look at the reported order list you can see where it changed. Looks like there is overlap on either side of the date too... so they did a bad job of the cut over. Maybe multiple systems handling orders and they got updated at different times.
Please don't say that!  K9 says that can't possibly be true!!! You really don't want him against you!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 01:42:21 AM

You have gall to start your CV with a statement about what you think your IQ might be based on your recollection of something that happened, presumably, 20+ years ago.  I don't even think public schools are capable of determining IQ's over about 130 with any degree of accuracy.  I won't press the mommy issues you described earlier in this thread though it would not surprise me if careful analysis of Josh's posts revealed the same.  You act like a child, just like Josh.

Let me see... Narcissism... in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water.
Um, no, I'd rather stare at pretty women, thanks.  You must have me mistaken with k9.

While I did have my IQ tested when I was in like 7th or 8th grade, that wasn't what I was going by.  I was part of an evaluation done while I was in the Navy.  I'm pretty sure I can remember something that happened when I was 35 quite well.  And even if I didn't, I have a copy of the report in my service record.  I do have to admit though that I love how everyone thinks they are some sort of arm-chair Psychiatrist.  I am very secure in my life, I have no 'mommy' issues.  Your are starting to sound like k9 to me, are you sure you aren't his sock-puppet?  He too likes to take infintesimal little things out of context and blow them up to horrendous proportions.  Of course, maybe you are a sock-puppet of DrJoe as he loves to say people act like children.  You're not hyped up enough to be a sock-puppet of PG... or did you take a valium?  PG old friend... Is that you?

I have no sockpuppets, though I do have other accounts that are fully disclosed, though not used recently, Al the Alpaca being one them. I did have this Nikki the Bitch once... long story...

I honestly don't believe you are Josh, bud.

Later.
Jaymax

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:13:40 AM

ITT: Morons with probable sub-100 IQ fail to realise that their desperation to get the last word in shows themselves for the stupid that they are.  
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:20:46 AM

A sock? Hmm.
Retired after 20 years.

AGreed....

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:27:45 AM

it appears you cannot see

I'm sorry if you cannot wrap your head around it

Your refusal to see that doesn't change it.

Agreed ...I really dont understand why the supposed "SMART" pple are the ones defending this long con

bcp Explain to me like I am a 5 yr old why BFL is "GOOD" & not "BAD"

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:36:40 AM

A sock? Hmm.
Retired after 20 years.

1. Maybe the purpose behind the bullets was to troll people into commenting?  After all, I am a shill, a fanboi, a sock-puppet and a troll according to these posters.

2. See #1.

3. Ok, so nobody gives a fuck, see #1.  They have nothing to do with a lawsuit, they were claiming I am Josh posting under a psuedonym.

4. True.  But talking about it makes me refer to #1.

Those are EP-3's and I flew on regular P-3C's.  Big difference between them.  I had to sign an NDA the first time I had to work on an EP-3.  All I can say is WOW!
While I was deployed to Japan and Deigo Garcia many times, we never had IN's on our flights.

OMG you flew a plane...............................Oh sorry You flew in a plane

WOW .....................You sat in a chair of a moving transport device........and you pressed buttons while it was moving

......please stop with these outstanding both mental & physical achievements as my ears cant handle any more AWESOMENess 

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:40:06 AM

You must be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy

Everybody hates you .............does this make you feel good Huh

Look deep inside and you will see How happy you are .....Tell me more of how happy a person you are Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:51:23 AM

it appears you cannot see

I'm sorry if you cannot wrap your head around it

Your refusal to see that doesn't change it.

Agreed ...I really dont understand why the supposed "SMART" pple are the ones defending this long con

bcp Explain to me like I am a 5 yr old why BFL is "GOOD" & not "BAD"
The 'long con' terminology is one that can be used over and over and over again without a shred of  proof.
Everyone back during FPGA said the same thing, they are a scam, it's a long con, they're going to take the money and run... Didn't happen.
Again, the same thing is being said.  'what about FPGA?' "all part of the long con".
"A?" Long con.  "B?" Long con.  "C." Long con.  Nothing is good enough, it's all part of the long con.

Can you prove it is a con?  Show me proof?  Show me proof, here, today that they have taken the money and run?

Well? Is BFL shipping or have then taken the money and run?

P.S. Yes, yipyipyipyipyip, I am happy Smiley

plain and simple, (though not for k9).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: