Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:23:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I donate to charity?  (Read 1781 times)
fatirborju

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:54:11 PM

yes, I strongly agree if you donate to charity, because donating to charity will bring goodness and blessing for yourself and your family, besides that charity also will make ease for you either in this world or even when you no longer exist in this world...
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pimk500

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:08:28 PM

In my opinion, if youre going to donate to charity (giving is always good) do it locally with the least middlemans as possible. Cause the thing is that if you donate to big charity companies, due to the structure of the "non-profit" organization you will pay the salaries of all those middlemans and the money actually going to the people in need is nihil (maybe blockchain will solve this in the future). So my advice would be.. if you are going to donate.. do it locally...
joeflicker

Activity: 142

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:11:15 PM

sure I think so you can donate some part of your wealth to somebody who in need escpecially in urgent conditions like helping people to recover from disease and believe helping other like that with all of your heart wouldn't make you poor maybe later you would got the good response and respect from other people.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:43:40 PM

It's a no-brainer. Even the most miserly understand that it benefit their own society. The question is which charity you should donate to. Sure there are trusted long-lived charities out there but just go for one that gives the most bang out of your bucks.

Ideally it would be somewhere closer to home so you can see the effects of your donation. Maybe if you also have the time to spare, you can set-up one of your own and have it funded via cryptos for the widest reach.

If you are serious about charity, check out this organization:

https://www.effectivealtruism.org

Is this the group where that female professional poker belong to? Forgot her name but seen her a lot on Big Think and other channels.

EDIT: Forgot to post the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ZGb2IJhfk
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:47:43 PM

Guys, a lot of us make money on trading and sometimes there's an excess that you don't need. Do you think it's a good idea to donate part of the profits to charity? Whom would you suggest helping first?

I'd say help people in your local community, charity organisations often are not what they seem. They either have their own agenda, take huge cuts on what they receive in donations or are simply running a scam.

CGShiba

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:53:06 PM

Yes, that would be wonderful but you have to be careful on what campaign that you decided to donate your money to. (some campaign/s are just a scam)
tekin_ural

Activity: 211
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:56:11 PM

Very good idea. I suggest to create own campaigns like scholarships or food supply managed directly by you without involving third parties.
Rena5

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:21:36 PM

Donations is giving freely of anything what you or I have and not expecting any in returns.This was my understanding about donating..Yes,I have done this before and make me happy.Just to remember before giving a donation ..whether big or small amount can do something in the charity.

●                   ►                   ●      B I T C O I N   V I D E O   C A S I N O      ●                   ◄                   ●
Slots    Video Poker    Blackjack     ──  Classic fun for serious players  ──     Craps    Roulette    Keno    Dice
////////////////////////   PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT   ///   PROVABLY FAIR   ///     REFERRAL PROGRAM     ////////////////////////
ongta

Activity: 65

Sky has no limit

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:32:47 PM

Donate to charity if u  have a big incomes.It good to helping someone needs a help.But I think if serious to make a donation make sure and check out of organization because have many fake outside there.
labs0918

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:45:56 PM

Guys, a lot of us make money on trading and sometimes there's an excess that you don't need. Do you think it's a good idea to donate part of the profits to charity? Whom would you suggest helping first?
If i do have excess money on trading i would rather help first my relatives who is in need then if there is excess again then i would donate it in charity for the illness persons Smiley .

awuku solomon

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:57:14 PM

yes is good to donate to the charity.These people need to be shown some love because they are in need. The bible also says there is more blessings in giving than receiving. So is good to donate money,food and other goods to these people to show them some love. What I have realised is that, if you donate to these people you put some sort of smile on their faces and in return they seek for God's blessings for the donor.
ehab.co

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 05:01:45 PM

Unfortunately a lot of people are in bad situations in their lives, often not through a fault of their own. Once your are in a bad situation it can become increasingly difficult to get out o fit. The best thing is often support for those people or countries. And charities provide a vital part of this support system. Give to them as often as you can. You'll even get a warm fuzzy feeling from doing it.
Gintron

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:07:09 PM

I think donating is a good idea. I would start to help first those around me. You will have more motivation
to help when you see the face expressions of the people you have helped. Maybe later you can donate the money
to Unicef. Nice to see that are people who want to help. Who knows maybe you will need help sometimes also. You
never know what can happen tomorrow.

Bitcore BTX - The Future Is Now | free BTX claiming for BTC holders + weekly airdrops + GPU mining
Bitcore F.A.Q.   |   BTX claiming + more info   |   ANN bitcointalk: open discussion   
segwit + bloom + 10 MB blocks + 2.5 min blocktime + only 400 MB blockchain! + Diff64_15 smooth algo
shiki3226

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:12:13 PM

If you have the means and the capability, then giving to charity is a very good thing. By doing that, you are able to help other people who are in need and are able to use your wealth in a good and positive way.

Fbo62

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:13:59 PM

donating makes you feel good aswell you have a lot more motivation and your helping someone/something at the same time Smiley
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:13:50 PM

If you got all your needs covered and you have enough left for saving, yes, why not donate some. Even financial gurus I've watched suggest that the income should be split between expenses, savings, amusement, investment and donation funds. Donations would also indirectly help you since it would lead to a more functional society. At the very least, the recipients might become self-sufficient enough to not need social welfare, which means more of your tax money being used for YOU.
protectorrr

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:45:01 PM

you will do well because you can help more. for you better to donate it to sick or to churches
BronxCats

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:08:39 PM

Of course it's a good idea. I always worried that the people benefiting from cryptos are selfish, and it makes me feel much better the idea of someone donating for a better cause.
stunningpeggy (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:32:09 PM

If you are serious about charity, check out this organization:

https://www.effectivealtruism.org

They are a group originally out of Oxford that have sat down and calculated the most effective way to spend money in order to improve quality and length of lives.

As to the question of whether you should, I think there is a strong argument for saying yes, up to a point. Other people, who out of no fault of their own are born into abject poverty rather than a crypto-lined spoon, are suffering horribly, and all it takes to help them is a small percentage of the free money that many of us are making. So yes, I think you should, at least as much as you can afford without seriously hindering your own life and goals, and I do so myself.

Thank you for the link! And thank you guys for expressing your position on donating to charity. I think I will start with local community and try and help people directly with no middle men. That way I will be sure that my donation goes the right way. I will look more into reputable charity organizations to maybe make donations through them to help people I can't help all by myself.
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:24:11 PM

I don't have any suggestions for you but I think it is a great idea that if we make a lot of money at crypto we can give some back to the communities in which we live in. I know that I will pitch some back once I make a decent chunk, it seems only right to me.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: