Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:10:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in SIAcoin? What YOU NEED to KNOW + Antminer A3 / Obelisk Tech SC1  (Read 626 times)
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:21:33 AM

Obelisk has done nothing but talk
while they were talking (and taking money for their talk), Bitmain and Balkai put OUT miners

- They screwed buyers with BTC price, the YEAR lockup will cost SO much in BTC price rise, so ROI of your actual $ back = like 3 years, and they havent been RELEASED yet :/
- By the time they drop one, it will be HIGHLY inefficient, and their excuse is:  well "were gonna promise a 2-10x better one within 6 monthish after..."    -_-  thats reassuring
- Butterfly labs all over, by time its delivered, it will be ded.
- those who buy in HAND now direct have a chance, but thats it, havent people seen this over and over each new FPGA/ASIC? :/

oh well, i don't do preorders so i never threw my money away im happy for

Well said , thats what I bee trying to tell people, youre giving $$ to a vaporware company that did not even have a freaking prototype then get mad
when they get beaten to the punch by true professionals ?

I hope this will be the last fucking 6 month + preorder we even see on these boards when all these idiots lose thier shirts. 

I cant even take pity on them because we have seem this damn movie before like 10 times so far
You saw this happening 10 times, and you hope it doesn't happen again? You should know better Smiley
I did order a couple of miners from them, and I'm hoping for the best, one of my units is Decred miner, still no competitor, will come for sure. I have diversified mining equipment and risked a small fraction though. Unfortunately some put everything they got in this basket Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:26:31 AM

while they were talking (and taking money for their talk), Bitmain and Balkai put OUT miners

- They screwed buyers with BTC price, the YEAR lockup will cost SO much in BTC price rise, so ROI of your actual $ back = like 3 years, and they havent been RELEASED yet :/
- By the time they drop one, it will be HIGHLY inefficient, and their excuse is:  well "were gonna promise a 2-10x better one within 6 monthish after..."    -_-  thats reassuring
- those who buy in HAND now direct have a chance, but thats it, havent people seen this over and over each new FPGA/ASIC? :/

Well said , thats what I bee trying to tell people, youre giving $$ to a vaporware company that did not even have a freaking prototype then get mad

I hope this will be the last fucking 6 month + preorder we even see on these boards when all these idiots lose thier shirts. 

I cant even take pity on them because we have seem this damn movie before like 10 times so far
You saw this happening 10 times, and you hope it doesn't happen again? You should know better Smiley
I did order a couple of miners from them, and I'm hoping for the best, one of my units is Decred miner, still no competitor, will come for sure. I have diversified mining equipment and risked a small fraction though. Unfortunately some put everything they got in this basket Sad
Alt least you diversified , which means you know what you are doing. Its the newbies who put all thier $$ into this vaporware miner  despite warnings I am referring to.
cryptogirls85

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:32:54 AM

So what would happen to Sia (price wise) after these Obelikses and A3`s hit the mining pools? The price would go down, logically, right? If those numbers are correct one unit would mine 300k sia monthly  Shocked

deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:52:51 AM

So what would happen to Sia (price wise) after these Obelikses and A3`s hit the mining pools? The price would go down, logically, right? If those numbers are correct one unit would mine 300k sia monthly  Shocked

Why would the price of the coin go down? Net profitability will go down as more ASIC's come online, which means your 300k number will drop to 200k, 100k and below super fast. But the price of the coins will stay the same, may even increase as has happened in the past when Dash and LTC ASICs came out and generated a lot of new interest.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:29:32 AM

Anything you'd like to see covered in the future?

Vosk I must admit I haven't watched every one of your vids yet but If I had to make a request (and if it hasn't been covered?) I'd like to know your methodology about balancing the "hobby" mining with the rest of your life. Do you work full time and use some of that fiat to purchase the GPU's/miners etc I noticed you've got a fair few miners now just wondering how you approach the whole thing ie are you converting the earnings back to fiat to expand more progressively?
I actually just briefly touched on that but it was just a piece inside of another video (maybe my livestream?) but its a topic I want to dedicate a video to. . basically more rigs = more time consumed lol plus if you diversify what you're mining there is more to keep up with and quickly my life was consumed like most of us here. . by crypto.

Personally up until Christmas when I lost my job due to having to take care of my dog (treat her like my daughter) I dedicated all spare funds and then some really to crypto / rigs but that's because I'm gambling big here. . risk / reward xD

I've been turning all my fiat and crypto basically into more rigs this year, a lot of debate surrounding that but I'm happy with my decision and when things slow down (like they are atm) mining is awesome because I'm still earning everyday instead of sitting on a static amount of crypto or trying to consistently make great trades . .

Anyway just chasing crypto dreams I guess lol

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:30:47 AM

Why would the price of the coin go down? Net profitability will go down as more ASIC's come online, which means your 300k number will drop to 200k, 100k and below super fast. But the price of the coins will stay the same, may even increase as has happened in the past when Dash and LTC ASICs came out and generated a lot of new interest.
that's kind of where my head is at too. . if the sia devs navigate this decently I think sia will probably make some big increases,  millions of dollars of hardware were just dumped into their ecosystem

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:35:14 AM

- By the time they drop one, it will be HIGHLY inefficient, and their excuse is:  well "were gonna promise a 2-10x better one within 6 monthish after..."    -_-  thats reassuring

Alt least you diversified , which means you know what you are doing. Its the newbies who put all thier $$ into this vaporware miner  despite warnings I am referring to.
There should be some sort of crypto code where no one would support a pre order that is say more than 3 months out lol

////

my opinion on the siacoin soft / hard fork and 24h earnings w/ the a3 24 hour earnings if anyones interested

https://youtu.be/aII0FfKsU5U

The Demon Slick

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:37:33 AM

Just checked my rig, was getting one sia per hour, now I'm getting .5, its begun.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:20:15 AM

Support me on the decred redit. Let's push the decred community to soft fork to defend itself against the obelisk dcr1 miner. The SIA development team have proven themselves untrustworthy. Who knows what they will do with all that decred asic hardware?! They will probably 51% attack the network! I heard that they sold 1 million miners!

https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/7st4fw/obelisk_51_attack_is_coming/

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:11:41 AM

Just checked my rig, was getting one sia per hour, now I'm getting .5, its begun.
Asicpocalypse?!

The Demon Slick

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:43:45 AM

Asicpocalypse?!

Lols, nah, difficulty increase I believe is how you say it. Maybe it is I don't know. Block reward is the same, I think. The pool I'm mining has a minimum payout of 500. That's going to be like forever now. I hope they reconsider, given the decrease in yield. It's just my claymore -dcoin but I was going to keep at it until I got 500, now I have to reconsider. No hurry. I'm nooby, so I've never seen a coin get blowed up by asics before. I'm watching this like a hawk because it's interesting as F#%@*k. I'm hoping they pay my 270 out and the price goes to the moon, but only the former seems probable. They better drop payouts or they're going to have 20 dudes w/a3s owning all the sia, and that's not good for anybody. 
MiningDoc

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:05:51 AM

Personally I do hope they do it. Get rid of all the A3's.

Is that fair though when they have such a vested interest in obelisk? What if X company makes another asic for their forked algo and they just fork it again to protect their obelisk venture?

Doesn't this sound like the most centralized (controlled) coin on the market?  Might as well be microsoft who developed a coin that could only be run on windows.

Pokercoin.net – The Future of Poker! Welcome to the 1st cryptocurrency which is created for pokerplayers!
Join Now and Start Playing Online Poker on the first platform accepting Pokercoin!
 || Website || Poker || Bounty || Twitter || Facebook ||
MiningDoc

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:10:48 AM
Merited by VoskCoin (1)

that's kind of where my head is at too. . if the sia devs navigate this decently I think sia will probably make some big increases,  millions of dollars of hardware were just dumped into their ecosystem

Not just the hardware, but think about all the new people this brought to the Sia community.  They are getting their coins out into many many more hand now.  I think if anything, this sparked much more interest into Sia.  Wouldn't that be considered a good thing?  Unless the Sia devs are only concerned with being the only ASIC producer for their coin (monopoly)....

Pokercoin.net – The Future of Poker! Welcome to the 1st cryptocurrency which is created for pokerplayers!
Join Now and Start Playing Online Poker on the first platform accepting Pokercoin!
 || Website || Poker || Bounty || Twitter || Facebook ||
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:13:01 AM

Support me on the decred redit. Let's push the decred community to soft fork to defend itself against the obelisk dcr1 miner. The SIA development team have proven themselves untrustworthy. Who knows what they will do with all that decred asic hardware?! They will probably 51% attack the network! I heard that they sold 1 million miners!

You tard they only sold max of 4k decred units b/c that was their max limit for batch orders.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:11:09 AM

You tard they only sold max of 4k decred units b/c that was their max limit for batch orders.
Your sarcasm detector is broken Smiley
cryptogirls85

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:22:06 AM

Asicpocalypse?!

Lols, nah, difficulty increase I believe is how you say it. Maybe it is I don't know. Block reward is the same, I think. The pool I'm mining has a minimum payout of 500. That's going to be like forever now. I hope they reconsider, given the decrease in yield. It's just my claymore -dcoin but I was going to keep at it until I got 500, now I have to reconsider. No hurry. I'm nooby, so I've never seen a coin get blowed up by asics before. I'm watching this like a hawk because it's interesting as F#%@*k. I'm hoping they pay my 270 out and the price goes to the moon, but only the former seems probable. They better drop payouts or they're going to have 20 dudes w/a3s owning all the sia, and that's not good for anybody. 

This if from the Siamining pool:
"To alleviate the effects of the increasing network difficulty, starting on January 25 we are going to gradually introduce a new payout tier. We are still working on the details, but our intention is for this new tier to pay out accounts with a balance between 100 SC and 500 SC, every 5 days."

So.... dual mining is not going to be profitable as it was with Sia  Sad

dt8666

Activity: 302
Merit: 102

Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:08:48 AM

If Sia development team are also here to protect the hardware developer (regardless of their have any direct or indirect interest), then the entire development team will need to be replaced.

Else this is like Sia will be like some of those no future Enterprise Coin. Or its no different from a closed source project.

Bitmain evil is another issue, it should not be linked to how to run an open source project.

Protecting their "relative" technical incompetent is a No No.....

to declare: I do have A3/D3/L3/S9/GPU too.
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:33:27 PM

Not just the hardware, but think about all the new people this brought to the Sia community.  They are getting their coins out into many many more hand now.  I think if anything, this sparked much more interest into Sia.  Wouldn't that be considered a good thing?  Unless the Sia devs are only concerned with being the only ASIC producer for their coin (monopoly)....
this. . . its astonishing how many people arent realizing this. .

jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1396

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:50:38 PM

So what would happen to Sia (price wise) after these Obelikses and A3`s hit the mining pools? The price would go down, logically, right? If those numbers are correct one unit would mine 300k sia monthly  Shocked

No logically that makes zero sense. The number of Sia's mined before A3's hit the market is exactly the same as after they hit the Market. Only thing that is happening now is that those same number of sia coins produced in a day are being shifted from GPU owners to ASIC owners.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: