Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:04:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [!!NEWBIE WARNING!!] CampBX INFO YOU MUST KNOW Bitstamp and Localbitcoins are OK  (Read 7939 times)
DealMaker (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:18:44 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 05:41:11 PM by DealMaker

I'm kinda sort of new to bitcoin but, far from new to the technical and business world.  Having run my own Linux consulting firm successfully for over 10 years (and of course incorporating winblows into the mix for the idiots), I can honestly say that things surrounding the "bitcoin" currency are identical to real life dealings.

Allow me to elaborate not from a 3rd party view point but, from an actual INVOLVED party (1st person for you grammatically correct folks).  This is very important to remember because I'm seeing "newbie" behavior with people who have lots of bitcoins and zero/minimal experience in business dealings (no I'm not talking about the corrupt behavior of US corporations I mean REAL, HONEST business people); these same people somehow have "seniority" simply because they've "posted" or had "transactions".  Yet these same people can barely figure out the economics of supply and demand (simply watching a ticker and selling btc you mined when it goes higher than when you first mined for it is not economic understanding).  It's also becoming very apparent there are lots of scammers, liars and thieves involved with this currency, again from a business/experience observation this is something that is quite literally in today's society; a cost of doing business no matter what industry you're involved in.  I have lost count of how many people have tried to rip me off in one form or another just on computer parts, so anyone who says bitcoin has more of this behavior has no idea what they're talking about (and most likely haven't seen business activities until they started dealing with bitcoin).  The us government is using this "fear" as a tactic right now to corral the public (who has mostly never had any business dealings because they are all slaves) into believing this currency is home to a den of criminals.  If that's the case what is the USD in comparison?  You don't have to think to hard about who gets money printed for them out of thin air, and the many other easily findable things about the problems the USD has around it.  It's laughable that the us government actually thinks that they can "regulate" bitcoin when they can't even regulate USD except to print more for their buddies.

Therefore I've attempted to apply my business understandings/experiences with using bitcoins and I've quite literally been on the warpath to replacing every financial transaction I do with bitcoins in one way or another.  Anyone who's had any REAL business dealings can see literally instantly why a government wouldn't like this and even faster (unless you're a brainwashed fool) you can see how regular folks worldwide can use this.  In those attempts with the preface above I'd like to tell you about some of my 1st experiences and impressions.

Getting the bitcoinage
Upon completing my research of current bitcoin news and info I embarked on purchasing some to begin my adventure and USD exit to bitcoin.  This proved very interesting because it seems bitcoin can be obtained a few ways and those ways are attempting to be closed by "plantation masters" because they don't want you to use anything except "plantation dollars", so that's a problem for them that must be stopped.  Sadly this shows also how you have a group of people who want sell/buy bitcoins but, they believe that by licking the "plantation masters" boots by collecting information on the people using bitcoin (and subsequently turning it over without a moment's hesitation) seems to be "anti-bitcoin" in my opinion.  I realize you folks are trying to "comply" and "cooperate" however in the interest of true freedom that behavior is completely incompatible.

The fastest but, also the most expensive way I've found to get BTC is through Localbitcoins, quite literally I've obtained my BTC within 30 minutes (would've been faster if I had the cash on-hand).  It was also the easiest transaction and if it weren't for the cost I would use it much more.  In addition I truly believe it to operate within the bitcoin ideologies, in that cash can be used anonymously to obtain the BTC (you can deposit it right into the person's bank account).  Again the only problem I see here is that this option is a bit more expensive.

The slowest method and probably the cheapest is to sign up to an "exchange".  I have signed up to multiple exchanges and have noticed the major lag in getting my funds available, so I settled on two that seem to be the most trustworthy; specifically Bitstamp and Campbx.  Both of them I currently have funds that I've sent that I'm still waiting on to "post" to my account.  From a business perspective this is extremely frustrating.  Why?  Allow me to explain so you fully understand what to expect when dealing with this situation.  First up is Bitstamp.  They are based in Slovenia, therefore the most logical method when dealing with government USD is the wire transfer.  Depending on your bank this may take anywhere from 30 - 90 minutes.  Keep in mind they are building a profile on you during this time using a method they call "KYC" Know Your Customer, this is the boot-licking that some of the bitcoin exchanges are also conducting.  Be prepared to answer ignorant questions about your business that your own wife wouldn't dare ask.  Be even more prepared if you're not white (especially if you're brown).  If your bank has the option/ability to set up the transfer to be done again like over the phone without them, then exercise this option immediately unless you like being questioned constantly everytime you deal with them.  I submitted this wire transfer on 8/16/2013 as of this writing 8/21/2013 my deposit has not shown up yet in my Bitstamp account.  To be fair they also inform you on their site it could take 2-5 days (interesting how in this day and age we still have this "control" going on over your money, which also makes bitcoin that much more attractive, instant payout anywhere).  That totals 4 business days, this "speed" is completely incompatible with business/consumer operations/needs.  To make matters worse when I sent the money on 8/16/2013 the price of the BTC was around 96-97.5, today; 8/21/2013 it is floating around 105+.  That's not good either for financial planning and causes strong reconsiderations about obtaining bitcoins.  DO NOT LET THIS DETER YOU BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT.  Nothing against Bitstamp but, they need to figure out a faster method if they would like to remain competitive because that behavior is monopolistic (they aren't the only ones) and causes undue, and unnecessary frustration.  Sadly I can see now why other exchanges have had legal action taken against them because of these exact if not identical circumstances.

This brings me to my next "exchange".  Campbx is located here in Alpharetta, Georgia, therefore you get the immediate impression that "speed" issues, well just won't be an issue.  WRONG.  Sadly it seems that although they are a different "camp" I'm experiencing the same delays.  In addition I've sent them verification documents which I've never received a reply about receiving nor anything to indicate they are even being reviewed (I feel a simple courtesy email even to say they got it goes a long way versus just silence).  Their FAQ states this is a 5 business days process (seeing a pattern here?).  For everyone's info I sent them this info (via email) on 8/15/2013 as of this writing 8/21/2013 it "officially" becomes 5 days.  However checking my account this morning does not show that I'm verified.  So is it after midnight tonight? Or is it actually by the 6th business day?  As one who takes things literally for their definition I expected to login to my account this morning and find it verified being that technically this is the 5th business day.  Maybe they meant at the end of the 5th business day?  Who knows?  This kind of thing I am finding incompatible also with the ideologies of bitcoin because, trust and frustration of speedy services are not things I believe should go hand-in-hand.  In continuation I have also sent them a money order to fund my account there.  Again you would think this process smooth, maybe even quicker because of it being US based.  Sadly not true.  I mailed the money order on 8/17/2013 (a Saturday I know),  considering I have co-workers in Georgia and actually very near to their offices I knew the delivery time and also knew it would arrive no later than Monday afternoon from where I mailed it (I'm only 2 states away).  The worst end of the delivery would be Tuesday morning.  Again as with Bitstamp my deposit is still not there as of this writing 8/21/2013.  This behavior is also incompatible with conducting business smoothly and hassle free.  In addition it also creates undue stress and it to also follows the same patterns that caused the other exchanges in the past to experience litigation.

In summary unless you have the patience I cannot recommend those two exchanges because as I sit here writing this I cannot in good conscience recommend a service or company that has yet to deliver and literally doesn't seem interested in delivering in a timely manner (this behavior isn't specific to just one exchange it seems to carry across the bitcoin exchanges for some reason).  I would love to recommend bitcoin to my fellow business friends, however upon dealing with businesses that are supposed to act professional but, actually act just like the stock market, or any other USD funded business I find myself caught in promoting something that has people acting just like the very ones they're trying to get away from.  Buying from Localbitcoins is painless, easy and everyone walks away happy, I'm not sure why the "exchanges" (other than kissing some government ass) aren't implementing the same approach.  For example Campbx being located here in the US can easily accept cash deposits into their bank account.  If not why not?  What about Western Union?  Both options are also easily implemented for auto-notification into a person's account.  Western Union and most banks send some sort of an email notification immediately upon a transaction action, scrape the email for the relevant transaction ID (western union MTCN or deposit transaction ID from bank) match it up to the one the customer has and BOOM payment is there.  Easy isn't it? (Yes I have built this for credit cards, ACH, SMS alerts, you name it it's not hard if you know what you're doing.)

In closing if you want quick turn around on your cash before the BTC goes up/down then use Localbitcoins, if you're in no hurry and like to wonder what's going on with your money while it floats through 1-2 weeks of unnecessary games then do an exchange.  Personally I see the potential for BTC but, with these types of things in place it makes it a target for failure and an open door for the government to come in and show us how well they can "regulate" our money(yes it's ours not theirs).

Stay tuned for more ramblings, rants and raves.  My next article is going to cover my shopping experiences thus far.  In addition I will also post helpful info to avoid thieves, liars and other idiots out there trying to scam you (just like they do with your hard earned monopoly/fiat currency).
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DealMaker (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:34:59 PM

Update:

Sent an email to support and in the support section after(maybe just before?) submitting ticket it claims a response time of up to 3 business days.

This time I did receive an acknowledgement of my support request (unlike the silence when I submitted documents for verification).

Also found this buried in Campbx's knowledgebase (found this on accident actually).  This is NOT in the FAQ however for new folks to bitcoin this is more of the examples of what I already stated in the start of the thread.

hXXps: // campbx.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/5/0/money-order-deposit-delay

NEWBIES KEEP THIS IN MIND!!!  Especially if you have expectations of them being more professional, speedy or prompt like their USD counterparts.  Unfortunately as the timeline continues to expand the observations are not showing that.
DealMaker (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:03:34 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 07:39:13 PM by DealMaker

Another update:

Upon attempting to check the status of the support ticket email, I'm greeted with this:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/y8pfb.png

Support license expired...  You're all seeing this as I am.  Thoughts?
hutcho

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:44:05 AM

I haven't been able to get into my account for weeks. I have a support tkt open, for weeks now. What does this mean? The license on their support site is expired? What happens to all the support tickets now? This is crazy. Do they have presence on these forums? Does anyone know of another way to contact them? Facebook? Twitter? We're stuck in this Newbies forum, does anyone else pay attention to the threads here?
DealMaker (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 04:53:28 PM

I haven't been able to get into my account for weeks. I have a support tkt open, for weeks now. What does this mean? The license on their support site is expired? What happens to all the support tickets now? This is crazy. Do they have presence on these forums? Does anyone know of another way to contact them? Facebook? Twitter? We're stuck in this Newbies forum, does anyone else pay attention to the threads here?

Hi fellow bitcoiner who's also got legitimate concerns.  I'll answer your questions best I can because as you can see from myself and others this forum is not what you would expect it to be.  Personally I can promise you that this behavior is an opportunity for the right person or company to come along and swoop up the business these unprofessional amateur hour pros are leaving hanging out there.  I can't say anything now but, it's in the works because this behavior (unprofessional, unethical, lying, and outright fraud) is what's causing the govt to make their claims about "keeping it safe, etc".  I know that once someone who comes along that does the right thing(s) ALL THE TIME then the govt wouldn't have ammunition for their cause.  In all honesty if you look at the stuff going on behind the scenes with mtgox BEFORE the us govt got on them you'll see that they were doing THE SAME THINGS BEFORE THE US GOV GOT INVOLVED.  Those same things being specifically playing games with people's money, that behavior WILL GENERATE complaints and the more complaints THE MORE THE GOVT IS MOTIVATED TO GET INVOLVED.
I personally don't understand why these "exchanges" post policies, rules, etc. that they can't even follow themselves, then they turn around and want to vilify the customer for complaing about bad service for following THEIR rules, that THEY BROKE.

I have a support tkt open, for weeks now. What does this mean?

I'm not really sure because I opened a ticket yesterday and as I showed above after opening that ticket in the morning I was presented with that message above.  Sometime after midnight I got an email stating "Thank you for requesting a verified account on the CampBX platform. We will get you an update as soon as verification is complete. A batch is scheduled to go out this weekend."  This is an immediate contradiction to their own policy which clearly states "Verification takes 5 business days and is a one-time process." at this webpage on their site -> hXXps: // campbx.com/kyc.php

As of this writing their support site is back up.

Furthermore I sent the verification documents on Aug 15th, 2013, as of this writing Aug 22nd, 2013 as written above is the message I was given, which completely contradicts what their own policy clearly states.  I find this personally disturbing on several levels:
  • 1) They are not following their own policies which are the guidelines suggested by the Financial Task Force to prevent complaints of this nature which directly relate to mishandling of a person's personal information (it legally becomes mishandling/carelessness when they do not exercise their own policy of when/how that info will be used, like this example, this mishandling is a felony).
  • 2) Since they are not following their own policies which are guidelines put in place by the Federal Govt to stop them from being called an "illegal operation"; they are now putting themselves at immediate risk of being labeled an illegal institution because not following the proper handling of personal information which is a felony within itself so at this moment they are actually liable for legitimate legal court proceedings.
  • 3) I personally do not want to have any involvement with an illegal operation on any level because I feel this is a hindrance to the bitcoin movement in addition to giving the govt more reasons to get involved due to this type of behavior.  So I sent them an email explaining my position and thoughts just like this, this morning.  Obviously an individual shouldn't have to remind the business that lists their own policy on their own website that what they're doing against their own policy is not only a violation of law but, the other semantics as well.  I sincerely informed them that I hoped this was not the case and that I'm wanting them to explain their position so if I'm wrong I can be corrected.
  • 4) I sent them $1500 on Aug 17th, 2013 two(2) days after I emailed them the verification documentation (sent Aug 15th, 2013).  This was done in accordance with their own policy in that I would have full access to my funds after verification which logically anyone following their policy would deduce that I would be verified bar an Act of God by Aug 21st, 2013 again per their own policy.  So if they decide/make a decision based on the verification policy I've followed (while they have not), then they selectively apply it in such a way because my funds arrived AFTER said 5 days then they make the claim as their website states that "unverified" cannot use more than $1000.00/day that is categorically classified as fraud.  Because it immediately goes against the above mentioned and verifiable policies in that it constitutes perjury, mail fraud, embezzlement and money laundering due to the fact none of the policies are consistently followed and dates of which said policies were not followed can be easily proven.  Do not forget the NSA is saving all of your emails, which I reminded them of this as well so proving my facts is effortless.

I believe in giving people chances because I also understand how some people when they already have money themselves lack the understanding of what it may mean for other people who don't have a lot of money and they invest in something with what they can pull together.  I can guarantee anyone reading this knows that, that group of people are generating the most complaints and rightfully so when you have behavior as such that I described above.  I'm patient and willing to hear out what CampBX has to say.  However others may not have the same patience and CampBX should prepare themselves for a class-action lawsuit if they continue to do such things in blatant disregard of their own policies and the recommended Financial Task Force guidelines they are making claims of following.  (Which if you're going to make claims like that using those Fed guidelines you must be logically prepared to deal with the consequences of such for not following which the US govt will also use against you for posting on your website.)

Do they have presence on these forums? Does anyone know of another way to contact them? Facebook? Twitter?
I'm unsure of this because only you have responded to this thread I created.  Maybe they have facebook/twitter I'm not sure because I didn't find that info on their page.

We're stuck in this Newbies forum, does anyone else pay attention to the threads here?
I'm not really sure if anyone does pay attention other than trying to ban people when they deem they've not followed some nuance.  If you notice when people reach a certain frustration level the "mods" appear to ban them.  I could be wrong about this but, this is what I've observed so I tend to stick to the facts and ignore the unnecessary.  Again not necessarily what I would expect, in fact I gather most new folks attempting this don't expect that at all because it's incompatible behavior to trying to get a movement going positively.

I strongly recommend that you gather up all your evidence, keep it nice and neat in one spot and get ready for any actions you may have to take either alone or with a group of people.  I sadly have dealt enough in business that I take this approach automatically with any business dealings I have because you never know what a business may do all of a sudden/without warning.

Also I did offer to assist CampBX so these things are not being said out of any belittling, derogatory or defamatory nature without actually offering to help fix the broken things.  I'm not one to say this/that is broken and then walk away leaving you to figure it out I'm more than willing to help.  However as anyone reading this may have guessed I was also ignored on that as well.

Stay tuned folks this situation could get interesting....
lhl

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:14:44 AM

I poked around w/ mining a while (almost 2 years back) and am just recently jumping back in and it's interesting just how harder it seems to get BTCs these days.

Tonight I signed up w/ Coinbase, which has a decent exchange rate ($108.07), but I'm still waiting for the ACH verification. This of course isn't very private at all.

I looked into Bitstamp which has comparable exchange rates and the highest volume according to http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/#jump-btc-usd but wiring money in looks like a real pain.

I was able to use Paypal to VirWoX (USD to SLL to BTC), although by the time it gets in your wallet and you total up all the fees, I turned $50 from Paypal into 0.37BTC, or an equivalent exchange rate of $135.14/BTC - that's a 25% premium.

That actually makes LocalBitcoins seem pretty reasonable. There's some well rated people exchanging for cash at $125/BTC, about a 16% premium for anonymity.

BTC-e has the best exchange rate, but I take it it's really impossible to get USD in?

In any case, for just having some BTC to have/use/treat as an asset, it seems like Coinbase might be the most convenient way to get BTC in the US as long as you're not concerned w/ anonymity?  If you are, it seems like LocalBitcoins would be the best way, especially since things seem pretty locked down these days.
DealMaker (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:57:37 PM

Does anyone know of another way to contact them? Facebook? Twitter? We're stuck in this Newbies forum, does anyone else pay attention to the threads here?

After searching through the forums much more thoroughly I did find there is someone on here that works/owns/whatever for/by/of Campbx.

Here's the info:

I found this individual responding to people on this link -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163978.0 (the individual is defending certain aspects of the campbx business)

Individual's username on this board that you can send PMs to ->  "Keyur @ Camp BX" link to their profile -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=15102

Also in this individual's signature is the following:

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Bitstamp -> My funds have finally shown up at Bitstamp, this process literally took 5 complete business days so yes it's there but, yes it was a pain in the ass.

Campbox -> Still waiting on BOTH items, "verification" has NOT occurred as of yet, and they also DID NOT respond to my raising of issues of legality and proper compliance (this now fully swings open the door for a class action lawsuit because this is a felony to mishandle a person's individual information).  Not sure why they're not responding I can only guess that I wasn't nice enough, reasonable enough or clear enough (major sarcasm here).

On the Campbx twitter account it states:

"We want to make Bitcoin trading a more reliable and mainstream experience. CBX platform treats Security and Compliance as top priorities, and is based in USA.
Atlanta, GA
"

On the Campbx facebook account it states:
"CampBX is a Bitcoin Trading Platform, which aims to make Bitcoin trading a more mainstream and reliable experience."

Have any of their actions thus far really show they are acting as they state above? (Yet more evidence of false advertising, these folks are really making it easy to start a class action lawsuit against them, not sure why they're doing what they are to me and others.)

Let's see if their actions match up with what's written on both of their social accounts:
1) Verification is supposed to take 5 business days per their own policy stated here -> "hXXps: // campbx.com/kyc.php".  I'm still not verified and the timeframe has now exceeded 5 business days from when I sent the documentation on Aug 15th, 2013.  I went through their support system that had a license expire (they made sure to renew that now didn't they!), then was told sometime shortly after midnight on Aug 22st, 2013 that made some vague statement "Thank you for requesting a verified account on the CampBX platform. We will get you an update as soon as verification is complete. A batch is scheduled to go out this weekend."  Is this "reliable" in any way shape or form?  Am I wrong in expecting them to do what they say and also in believing the senior members here that they are capable when they have yet to show this to me and I'm just starting out of the gate with them?

2) I've also sent them $1500.00 as stated here in this thread and again I'm sure I don't have to go into details that have already been written but I have the uneasy feeling I've lost that money (for now).

As a side note I have been verified at multiple exchanges exactly within the timeframes they stated would happen these exchanges are (in no particular order) -> Bitstamp, Bitbox, FBTC, AND Coinbase.

At this point it is becoming apparent that for whatever reason Campbx is ignoring people including myself.  They are not delivering, they are not following through with their own written statements and they are not actually doing what they claim.

Sadly, unfortunately and with a great heavy weight on my shoulders as a business man I am going to now be considering legal options.  If any users would like to PM me and discuss then please do so at will.  For your information I have pursued class-action lawsuits and have won because I do everything by the book, I take no shortcuts and I document everything (regardless of the time required).  Therefore for everyone's information if I were to pursue a "class-action" it only requires a few people coming together to initiate the process.

Initial Legal Info for anyone who wants to know
In addition I would be willing to take Bitcoins to help pay for initial filing fees and court fees(initial filing fees would be all that's really required because I have a degree in Law and can present the situation properly, and as such the few lawsuits I've had to pursure against liars and thieves have typically been settled in 90 days).
These are the fees -> hxxp: // fultonclerk.org/forms/fiscal/fee_table.pdf  obtained from their main page via the upper left menu click on the lick that says "current fees" -> hxxp: // fultonclerk.org  In addition this site also gives quick info -> hxxp: // www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-file-a-lawsuit-in-fulton-county-georgia-magistrate-court
Therefore initial filing costs are starting at $213.50(could be slightly more just depends on the amount of documentation, parties involved, etc as you can also see from the "current fees" on the clerk's website.  Which breaking down into current bitcoin exchange rates divided by 3 people 213.50 USD = 1.77916 BTC / 3 = 0.593 BTC per person (yes the exchange rate is slightly higher in this calculation to allow for price changes).  This is only a last resort option if Campbx decides to continue to ignore, defraud and disregard it's client base and the direct contradictions of their own statements.  As I warned THIS BEHAVIOR IS EXACTLY WHY THE US GOVT WANTS TO GET INVOLVED AND NOW I'M BEING PUSHED IN THE SAME DIRECTION.

Again this is only a consideration(last resort) I'm having because I would really like to see Campbx operate as the "hero members", and "senior" forum members on here claim they do.

I am going to send the individual on this forum a message and allow the person to respond with an actual explanation before I do anything.  I'm only about 8 hours driving distance from GA so initiation of this would be effortless.  If this weekend goes by and I find on Monday morning my account still has not been upgraded to "verified" AND I find that my Moneyorder has been cashed (can easily be verified at the Moneygram number 800-542-3590 with receipt I have in hand) AND also not in my account then the patience you see me exercising here will be no more.  The only things that will be posted to this thread after Monday will be the docket information.  I will also contact the Financial Task Force team and since they probably sent you a subpoena already I sincerely doubt I will have any trouble getting their attention especially with presentation of the evidence from many people on this forum.  So you are put on notice PUBLICLY to do the right thing before someone like myself can show these people here who've been ripped off how to actually take down a bad company.  You have exhauseted my patience Campbx at this point the next move is yours.

CAMPBX PEOPLE OR SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND SO I DON'T FEEL THAT IT IS NECESSARY TO TAKE ACTIONS TO THIS LEVEL.  THANK YOU.
DealMaker (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:25:20 PM

Just so everyone knows this is the PM I sent to "Keyur @ Campbx":

Please read and respond or do the right thing -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278973.0

Since you or whoever over at Campbx is ignoring myself and others this is the direction you are pushing people.

You can make a choice and do the right thing(s) or continue to ignore us/me (which we both know isn't right nor do you have a reason because none of us know you or have done anything to you).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278973.0

Again just so you folks know I'm not wanting to pursue ANY legal action but, I have business to run and I'm NOT in this to have people RUN with my Identification details OR MY MONEY.
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 02:48:26 PM

Please read and respond or do the right thing -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278973.0

Since you or whoever over at Campbx is ignoring myself and others this is the direction you are pushing people.

You can make a choice and do the right thing(s) or continue to ignore us/me (which we both know isn't right nor do you have a reason because none of us know you or have done anything to you).

Again just so you folks know I'm not wanting to pursue ANY legal action but, I have business to run and I'm NOT in this to have people RUN with my Identification details OR MY MONEY.

DM,

Looks like you are posting on multiple threads at a rapid pace - I have already replied to another thread.  Let's continue the discussion there.

- Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
DealMaker (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:07:59 PM

DM,

Looks like you are posting on multiple threads at a rapid pace - I have already replied to another thread.  Let's continue the discussion there.

- Keyur

Which thread?  You've got so many complaints starting to pile up that I have gone into so many I don't remember.  That's why when I post I'm pulling them here so we can organize and resolve whatever is going on.  So to just say "another thread" is not helpful because you are building a lot of negative threads against you for your actions (or lack thereof).

Yes I started posting on those threads to bring everyone together against you (or whoever at Campbx) because you are not treating us like customers as you should be.  You are not conducting yourself as a business that you purport to be, you are not conducting business in a "reliable and timely fashion" as your twitter and facebook accounts stipulate.  So yes I have reason, justification, proof, verification and evidence as to why I should yell as loud as I possibly can in defense of my funds, my identification and others who've also got the same CURRENT issues with you.  It would never reach this level if you conducted yourself as you state on all your identifying marketing materials.  Or even if you had the courtesy to simply respond, which you also haven't done on my support tickets except the one I noted in this thread.

So this is what happens when you ignore a businessman for over a week (for no reason) and then send a support response so vague that it sounds like I'm listening to a politician speak.  I think as most people would agree that "discussion" has gone on long enough.  If you want to discuss then do it here in the open as I have.  If you are truly a business person then you must have the realization that excuses at this point are not replacements for doing the right thing.  No more discussion, whatever you're doing (or lack thereof) needs to be corrected immediately.  I'm running a business not a hobby and since your website, your profile and everything surrounding Campbx is also listed as a "business" I have (as the others who are MUCH MORE angrier than I am) have rightfully come to expect.  If you need help, hire competent help (I offered and you ignored), if you're having issues inform everyone instead of hiding in the dark, if you're a legit business CONDUCT YOURSELF AS SUCH.  No one on this forum, or in emails or in PMs or in any communications to you should have to go through the level of documentation I have to simply get you to conduct yourself as you present yourself, that is ridiculous.

For everyone's info this is the thread "Keyur" didn't reference in his message -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163978.msg2993053#msg2993053

Of which I will respond to here to keep things neat and tidy for the large audience that is amassing now because of my clear, concise documentation:

From "Keyur @ CampBX" posted on -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163978.msg2993053#msg2993053
DM,

1) Compliance is working on performing KYC verifications for applications.  They have a backlog because a lot of apps have come in this month.  Should be cleared next week.  We are also working on Compliance upgrades that will resolve backlogs for good by end of September.

2) Can you PM me ticket number regarding your MOs for $1,500?  Keep in mind you can cancel unprocessed MOs and get the full amount back at any time.

- Keyur

My answers:
1) Have you even read your own webpage at https://campbx.com/kyc.php?  If not why?  If so why would you still give me an answer like that when I have a business to run?  Also if you ignore my offers of assistance and most likely others why would you give an answer like that?  Are you going to pay for everyday I lose money that has gone past Aug 21st, 2013; which by your own policies states I should be verified?  Are you even aware that no business that depends on you to be: A) compliant as you CLAIM, B) "reliable and timely" cannot operate within those parameters?

2) Why would I have to PM you the ticket number when I already explained (numerous times) here, AND in the initial support tickets that I responded to (which you still haven't) as to exactly what's going (hell even the readers know)?  With even the slightest research you would see my name here is the EXACT same name as on your system.  Why would I send you money just to have it canceled?  If that was the case I could just hold it in my hand close my eyes and pretend it went somewhere; then cancel that pretend scenario, open my eyes and my money is back.  Besides that how can I even believe you at this point that you would actually do that when so far you haven't done what you state on your website, you ignored me, you ignored others and have JUST NOW written something AFTER ALL THAT?  At this point your options are becoming limited in A) do the right thing or B) prepare.  Campbx has wasted an enormous amount of my time and if this continues without resolution I will share that problem with you in dealing with me.  Stop wasting time making up excuses and use that time to do what you claim (I don't care about backlog because you have plenty of funds to hire people so that line isn't going to work with me, I've estimated well over $10,000 has been sent to you in the last several months via MO so you have zero excuses for hiring even the simplest of data entry personnel to do this.)

These "questions" you pose are nonsense because I already answered these questions in detail PUBLICLY here.  How about you try answering mine and other's questions with actual answers of resolution instead of obvious delay tactics?  I've been in business for over 15 years and trust me when I tell you this, you're acting no different than anyone else I've dealt with in that timeframe who's not conducting business properly.  Believe me when I tell you this: It ain't my first time at the rodeo.  So don't ask me questions like that which are an insult to my intelligence AND experience.  If you haven't figured it out by now I'M NOT AN AMATEUR.
DealMaker (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:30:32 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 04:46:44 PM by DealMaker

And as predicted they are causing problems for others so these others have no recourse but, to go to the govt for help:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/n4fqd.jpg

Full version available here:
https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/business-services-general/bulbul-investments-in-alpharetta-ga-27474482/complaints#

This would be absolutely unnecessary if...hold for it...THEY DID THE RIGHT THING
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:06:41 PM

I've moved thousands of dollars through CampBX with 0% problems. I understand this may be your first venture into bitcoin, based on your new status and spamming of the board with CampBX threads.
There is currently no corporate/business that can get you fiat--->bitcoin or vice versa; fast. It takes time and you need to anticipate that. I also learned this when bitcoin hit $260+ and I looked into cashing some coin out. If you didn't already have your exchange account ready, there was no way to move on that bubble.
You didn't mention how you sent your KYC verification, but you sent your MO(s) via snail mail. I'm not 100% sure why you would send money when you weren't verified yet. This could be part of the problem. Especially since you sent more than is allowed for unverified users.
So I feel your pain in not being able to access the funds you provided, but chill out and allow CampBX to resolve the issues. If you are spamming them as much as you are the forum here, it is not helping your cause.
I would suggest in your future ventures to try a small amount first to see how easy/hard it is to move currency and then proceed and evaluate from there. I sure hope you know to test bitcoin wallet before sending a large amount of coin there as well.
Welcome to the world of bitcoin.  Cool

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
DealMaker (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:03:01 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 10:15:54 PM by DealMaker

I've moved thousands of dollars through CampBX with 0% problems. I understand this may be your first venture into bitcoin, based on your new status and spamming of the board with CampBX threads.
There is currently no corporate/business that can get you fiat--->bitcoin or vice versa; fast. It takes time and you need to anticipate that. I also learned this when bitcoin hit $260+ and I looked into cashing some coin out. If you didn't already have your exchange account ready, there was no way to move on that bubble.
You didn't mention how you sent your KYC verification, but you sent your MO(s) via snail mail. I'm not 100% sure why you would send money when you weren't verified yet. This could be part of the problem. Especially since you sent more than is allowed for unverified users.
So I feel your pain in not being able to access the funds you provided, but chill out and allow CampBX to resolve the issues. If you are spamming them as much as you are the forum here, it is not helping your cause.
I would suggest in your future ventures to try a small amount first to see how easy/hard it is to move currency and then proceed and evaluate from there. I sure hope you know to test bitcoin wallet before sending a large amount of coin there as well.

I understand this may be your first venture into bitcoin, based on your new status and spamming of the board with CampBX threads.
Actually it's not.  I'm fully verified on all the other major exchanges and have transferred plenty as well.  I have an ASIC mining farm I built myself from the ground up BEFORE the GPUs started running out of the race, now those same GPUs are earning me massive LTC.  I haven't signed up to the litecoin forum but, I'm sure some low-intelligence type of folk like you will assume the same "newbie" status out of ignorance.  I'm new to this board because I felt it time to contribute my programming skills and I had intended to give exchanges I've dealt with good reviews.  I never intended or even thought I would be dealing with the situation like I am now with Campbx.  If my money/verification went as Keyur states on his website then I would be spending my time with my trading, etc instead of it being free now to deal with this problem.  Unlike you I know how to articulate my thoughts into statements of value and inspiration.  You think it's spamming however, it's far from it because none of the messages are the same.  Hence it does not equal/qualify as spam.  To the unintelligent it might because of the big words being used.

You didn't mention how you sent your KYC verification,
Actually I did here in my 1st post 7th paragraph, approximately 4th sentence; which you would have seen if you read it plus also in subsequent posts.

I'm not 100% sure why you would send money when you weren't verified yet.
I also explained this as well.  I was simply following what Keyur had posted on his campbx website, I also outlined the dates and in following those dates per Keyur's timeframe.  So it's now my fault for following his guidelines?  How was I to know this individual was not going to operate as they claim?  Since I run a business and he runs a business are timeframes and delivery no longer imporant and we just make up what we want when we want to do it?

Actually it appears you're simply attempting to defend injustice, intellectual laziness and downright unethical behavior.  I have every right to make as much noise as possible when a business transaction does not go as advertised.  If you think I do not then please give me all your money and when I feel like doing whatever it is you think I'm going to with it then I will...when I feel like it.

Your statements appear to come from a "hobbyist" point of view.  I've made it crystal clear, I'm not a hobbyist.  Your excuses for this person's mishandling, disregard and actual non-resolution show that you're coming from a non-business viewpoint.  Read what I've actually written, again in the first post instead of having Keyur get you to come here and respond with another lame duck answer/excuse for not doing what you purported to on your website.

I will never lay down to anyone who does not do what they say they will or thoroughly when it comes to my money.  If you don't like that then you don't know what it means to have to work hard to get what you've got.

If people like you accept this behavior it will destroy the massive potential Bitcoin has.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:13:18 AM

I have pretty much just had good experiences with CampBX too.  My one complaint about them might be that they misrepresent the margin and short selling abilities of their trading system because I have never had those options available, even though I've had a few thousand USD in there before.  And when I emailed customer service about it, I received no reply.

But that being said the site does what it is mainly intended to do and they haven't stolen or lost my money so I like them and am a fairly good customer at this point.
wr1000

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 01:30:42 PM

I have very recently completed two small money order deposits using Camp Bx with no problems and quick postings to my account. I hope they can resolve your problem soon.
bitcoiner49er

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 02:20:24 PM

I understand this may be your first venture into bitcoin, based on your new status and spamming of the board with CampBX threads.
Actually it's not.  I'm fully verified on all the other major exchanges and have transferred plenty as well.  I have an ASIC mining farm I built myself from the ground up BEFORE the GPUs started running out of the race, now those same GPUs are earning me massive LTC.  I haven't signed up to the litecoin forum but, I'm sure some low-intelligence type of folk like you will assume the same "newbie" status out of ignorance.  I'm new to this board because I felt it time to contribute my programming skills and I had intended to give exchanges I've dealt with good reviews.  I never intended or even thought I would be dealing with the situation like I am now with Campbx.  If my money/verification went as Keyur states on his website then I would be spending my time with my trading, etc instead of it being free now to deal with this problem.  Unlike you I know how to articulate my thoughts into statements of value and inspiration.  You think it's spamming however, it's far from it because none of the messages are the same.  Hence it does not equal/qualify as spam.  To the unintelligent it might because of the big words being used.

I'm kinda sort of new to bitcoin but, far from new to the technical and business world.

Are these your words from the OP? "kinda", "sort of" and "new" ARE big words, so I guess I assumed wrong.  Roll Eyes

Actually I did here in my 1st post 7th paragraph, approximately 4th sentence; which you would have seen if you read it plus also in subsequent posts.

I also explained this as well.  I was simply following what Keyur had posted on his campbx website, I also outlined the dates and in following those dates per Keyur's time frame.  So it's now my fault for following his guidelines?  How was I to know this individual was not going to operate as they claim?  Since I run a business and he runs a business are time frames and delivery no longer important and we just make up what we want when we want to do it?

From the CampBX website:
KYC verification is not required if you transfer less than $1,000 per day in/out of your CampBX account.

Which you said you emailed on 8/15 (I should have quoted you, the "email" in parentheses was not there when I posted.), then you say on the 21st it's 5 business days. I would say the 22nd is 5 business days, but whatever. The biggest thing is that you sent over $1,000 which is clearly stated you cannot do unless you are verified. Maybe CampBX should have used bigger words so you would have understood is easier.
Maybe like: KYC substantiation shall not be obligatory should you reallocate a sum of not greater than $1,000 each 24 hour period to/from the currency holdings contained within your CampBX account.
Had you waited until your account was verified; THEN sent the money, I would bet you wouldn't be having these troubles. It easy for people to blame others for their own incompetence, whether intentional or not.[/quote]

Actually it appears you're simply attempting to defend injustice, intellectual laziness and downright unethical behavior.  I have every right to make as much noise as possible when a business transaction does not go as advertised.  If you think I do not then please give me all your money and when I feel like doing whatever it is you think I'm going to with it then I will...when I feel like it.

Your statements appear to come from a "hobbyist" point of view.  I've made it crystal clear, I'm not a hobbyist.  Your excuses for this person's mishandling, disregard and actual non-resolution show that you're coming from a non-business viewpoint.  Read what I've actually written, again in the first post instead of having Keyur get you to come here and respond with another lame duck answer/excuse for not doing what you purported to on your website.

I will never lay down to anyone who does not do what they say they will or thoroughly when it comes to my money.  If you don't like that then you don't know what it means to have to work hard to get what you've got.

If people like you accept this behavior it will destroy the massive potential Bitcoin has.

So, yeah good luck with your life; I'm sure with your defensiveness and personal attack posture you'll have a great time. No one "sent" me here and CampBX is not "my" site. I was simply offering an alternative point of view. Clearly you already know everything, so I'll leave you to your "business".  Cheesy

DealMaker (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 02:39:02 PM

I'm kinda sort of new to bitcoin but, far from new to the technical and business world.

Are these your words from the OP? "kinda", "sort of" and "new" ARE big words, so I guess I assumed wrong.  Roll Eyes

I also explained this as well.  I was simply following what Keyur had posted on his campbx website, I also outlined the dates and in following those dates per Keyur's time frame.  So it's now my fault for following his guidelines?  How was I to know this individual was not going to operate as they claim?  Since I run a business and he runs a business are time frames and delivery no longer important and we just make up what we want when we want to do it?

From the CampBX website:
KYC verification is not required if you transfer less than $1,000 per day in/out of your CampBX account.

Which you said you emailed on 8/15 (I should have quoted you, the "email" in parentheses was not there when I posted.), then you say on the 21st it's 5 business days. I would say the 22nd is 5 business days, but whatever. The biggest thing is that you sent over $1,000 which is clearly stated you cannot do unless you are verified. Maybe CampBX should have used bigger words so you would have understood is easier.
Maybe like: KYC substantiation shall not be obligatory should you reallocate a sum of not greater than $1,000 each 24 hour period to/from the currency holdings contained within your CampBX account.
Had you waited until your account was verified; THEN sent the money, I would bet you wouldn't be having these troubles. It easy for people to blame others for their own incompetence, whether intentional or not.

So, yeah good luck with your life; I'm sure with your defensiveness and personal attack posture you'll have a great time. No one "sent" me here and CampBX is not "my" site. I was simply offering an alternative point of view. Clearly you already know everything, so I'll leave you to your "business".  Cheesy

So let's see if I can decipher your ignorant jumbled mess here at an attempt to attack me for pointing out issues with Campbx, which you are sadly trying to distract from

I've already broken down your other weak, unsubstantiated remarks.  Attempting to attack me further simply gives me that much more credit.  As I stated I'm not going to argue with you or debate anything and look like the fool you are now confirming yourself to be with these continued statements (which cannot be intellectually defended because now you're trying to find grammatical mistakes which have nothing to do with the issue at hand).

I've already explained my position, reasoning, and determination in sending the funds which was done per Campbx's policy.  It is not, will never be, and still isn't my fault that Keyur is unable/chooses not to follow his own written policies.  Therefore I cannot be held accountable for following what was written and also basing the actual times of delivery on that (this is how a business operates but, I realize this is foreign to an amateur such as yourself.)

It is becoming much more apparent that you and Keyur have a relationship because now you can't even defend his (in)actions properly.  Absolutely amazing you're spending time to attempt these weak, totally off-topic attacks.  Please do attempt further dissection of my phrases and words but, continue to avoid dissecting the real issue at hand:

CampBX is not performing as they claim, as they've written, and are having the same issues with others.
bitcoiner49er

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 02:53:23 PM

So you don't feel that sending over $1,000, BEFORE you were verified, has anything to do with the delay?  Huh

DealMaker (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:07:57 PM

So you don't feel that sending over $1,000, BEFORE you were verified, has anything to do with the delay?  Huh

I did not apply any "feeling" to this. 

It's a business transaction in which I followed the written policies of 5 days to verification(sent on 8/15 and per policy written my account verified by 8/21).  Which you are obviously ignoring and avoiding the fact of so I can't help but continue to think you're associated with Keyur or you are him because ignoring seems to be his speciality; the fact is the man wrote on his website that it takes 5 business days to complete verification

If anything I "felt" it was that I should follow what he's written and that by the time he receives my MOs(sent 2 days later on a Saturday then received by him on Tuesday then cashed out on Thurs 8/22), then per this man's own written words on this man's website that my account should be verified and my funds available without issue, again all per his own writings not mine.  Therefore (without feeling anything) I would have no reason to expect anything less than what was written.  Why is this fact so hard for you to understand or grasp?  Are you not used to people writing things and then following through with that?  I can only garner from your lack of business understanding that the idea of following written guidelines is either alien or foreign to you.  What if someone wrote to you claiming to send you xx BTC?  Would you not expect them to do what they have written?
bitcoiner49er

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:25:39 PM

Let me know when CampBX is still waiting to deliver your funds after 120 days, then we can talk.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.0

BTW, I agree that your problems should be resolved by now. I never said CampBX was above criticism here. Just that when there are hundreds of others with no major issues, I tend to be suspicious.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: