Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:07:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Altcoins fall when Bitcoin Falls  (Read 496 times)
darkwingduck34 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:39:39 AM

I am trying to understand why altcoings are fall. Is there any way to see altcoin prices independent from Bitcoin? If demands are get higher for an altcoin while Bitcoin falls, do you think altcoin will get more value. I am newbie and trying to understand.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Because people are buying Bitcoins with altcoins so they lose less value.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:49:54 AM

I am trying to understand why altcoings are fall. Is there any way to see altcoin prices independent from Bitcoin? If demands are get higher for an altcoin while Bitcoin falls, do you think altcoin will get more value. I am newbie and trying to understand.
Any coin can be expensive as bitcoin if they have same demand as the bitcoin holds.There is no connection between any cryotocurrency prices their price will be based on their demands respectively.Sometimes all the coins will fall when fake news spreading like bitcoin was banned in some countries then people will get panic and sell all their coins so the supply increases demand will decreases so this is the cause when bitcoin falls,the price of altcoins are also falling.
Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:51:27 AM

Because the BTC is like a bellwether for cryptocurrency markets, if BTC starts to fall, it means that all tokens will start to fall.
And after selling Altcoin, you get BTC, and if BTC goes down, then it means that the legal currency you get will also fall.
However, not all altcoins are independent, like ETH and LTC, which have already started to be controlled by BTC, and they will have their own rise and fall, which is different from BTC.

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:53:53 AM

Often the whole market moves together. Bitcoin is tied to altcoins through trading pairs, and is also the gateway from fiat currencies. Sometimes bitcoin and alts move up or down together, for a variety of reasons.
nndep3m

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:57:32 AM

Some good answers here (that BTC is tied to the altcoing trading pairs etc), but I think a bigger reason is market confidence itself. When BTC falls, people fear that the whole thing might be a bubble, and thus they may start cashing out, alt coins included. When BTC increases they feel more confident that crypto is the way of the future, and so new investors will now take more risk in investing in altcoins.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:59:13 AM

I am trying to understand why altcoings are fall. Is there any way to see altcoin prices independent from Bitcoin?
No, altcoins are dependent to bitcoin so there's always a domino effect when the price of bitcoin starts to be shaken out, altcoins will follow as well.
If demands are get higher for an altcoin while Bitcoin falls, do you think altcoin will get more value. I am newbie and trying to understand.
Yes, altcoins will get more value if there is a big demand but don't expect that it will stay for a long time. Traders will always be traders, they won't stay on a single coin unless they are just a holder. When that altcoin gets a big demand, they will simply sell that coin and buy back with bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
gordonsam32

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:59:26 AM

I think Bitcoin is a great influence to the alt coin market. While sometimes divergent as seen when Bitcoin pumps while altcoins dump, Bitcoin still leads the pack.
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:00:08 AM

Because they are always going to depend on bitcoin, maybe you do not understand this because this is very difficult to understand if you are a newbie.

But if bitcoin drops, everybody is going to panic, and they all will sell their altcoins because they are afraid of losing everything because of a crash.
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:01:16 AM

cause many altcoins are valued with bitcoin. bitcoin is the first coin and used to determined the value of all the market. the best cryptocurrency is bitcoin so bitcoin is top leader right now. so when bitcoin value drop others will follows.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:02:06 AM

I think Altcoins fall together with Bitcoin because they are connected, even if lots of people believe they are not. Despite a huge number of other crypto-currencies, on their growing popularity, Bitcoin has been and remains today the most popular digital currency. All investors look first at him, and mentally associate the fluctuations of his rate with the prices for the rest of Altcoins. As soon as the price of Bitcoin falls, people start to panic and this affects other crypto-currencies.
ReshkiN

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:03:47 AM

If you notice, when Bitcoin falls, all the alt's falls tick into tick and the chart is identical. Most likely this is due to the fact that the robots are trading and their algorithm is tied to the price of Bitcoin.
cryptorampage

Activity: 56
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:04:04 AM

I think altcoins are dependent on  Bitcoin. Bitcoin has great influence on altcoins. But this is not true that when Bitcoin goes up all coins will follow. I have seen several time the opposite issue.
IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:08:03 AM

Everything in crypto depends of Bitcoin. When Bitcoin price drops and people are selling, most of them are selling their alts as well. When Bitcoin is falling the market confidence is very low.

datento

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:08:17 AM

The simple reason is that bitcoin market capitalization drives the whole market. Bitcoin market cap alone is about 40% or more of the total altcoin market. So what do you think when the king is going down, others will go down with it.
darkywis

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:14:36 AM

Some altcoins are just  following the flow of bitcoin because they are connected and sometimes the conversion takes place.

number37

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:16:58 AM

Bitcoin becomes cheaper, and people get altcoins for bitcoin, hence coins become cheaper.
it seems to me here everything is obvious
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:28:38 AM

Because almost all crypto market pairs is trading to BTC. So, when BTC price go down - altcoins goes much deeper. Also BTC is used as an indicator of whole market and, when BTC price falls huge, everyone want's to sell alts.
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:33:02 AM

I understand it that way: altcoins are still very joung as compared to BTC , and when the "father" grows up and  background is fine, so in most cases everything great with the altcoins and they grow too. But if some bad news about Bitcoin come, so this idyll is disturbed. BTC falls and pulls other coins, so probably the most serious and strong projects could stay afloat, but by the long fall of BTC they will go down too, or very very strong news about these projects are needed, that will generate demand on them and they won't fall. In most cased the news for  coins /tokens are not working when BTC falls to the hell. But  situation will change in year-two.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:41:47 AM

Because bitcoin is the boss of all the other coins. It does not matter if it's tokens or coins, it's just that there's a strict BTC / coin (token) binding on the stock exchange, that's why I think there was such a situation with the fall and take-off, but I think that in fact, the drop and growth is very difficult to explain
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: