Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:21:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Altcoins fall when Bitcoin Falls  (Read 498 times)
Austin143

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

XCH4NGE - Connecting Crypto Users Worldwide!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:27:47 AM

The answer is people's panic,bitcoin is called as the king of the crypto so when its price fall other coin holders tends to get panic and will sell their coins to cash out because they will think this is the end of crypto(this news keeps spreading everytime when bitcoin price falls).SO they will sell their coins so the demand for their coins decreases and price also decreases.But there is no relation between the price of bitcoin an altcoin(directly).Each and every coin price is based on their demand and supply.
There maybe some other reason like they are selling there altcoins to buy bitcoin because it is a good thing to buy bitcoin when the price is crashed or dumped because we all knows that price of bitcoin will recover.

agree with this fact .

bitcoin is main pair of currency of all altcoins on big exchanges .
so when bitcoin falls in terms of dollar , altcoins too fall , and in fear of down market people also do not pump it / buy it from fiat , so altcoins value go down with bitcoin downwards movement .
Yes I agree with this too. Because every time bitcoin rapidly falls down, most altcoins are going down too, but there are certain coins still remain it's good condition and still get higher demand and also the price increases.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:39:02 PM

I am trying to understand why altcoings are fall. Is there any way to see altcoin prices independent from Bitcoin? If demands are get higher for an altcoin while Bitcoin falls, do you think altcoin will get more value. I am newbie and trying to understand.

Most exchanges compares a certain coin to bitcoin price, thus if bitcoin fall altcoin drops as well. Altcoins appear to be dependent on bitcoin, you might actually buy Alternative coin using bitcoin. Altcoin value will not be affected only when exchanges stop using BTC as a control value (but this would not be possible).

Another reason would be the reaction of people from the sudden changes in value, it might be panic selling which causes the demand became lesser. Most investors are easily affected by sudden changes in value,  this tends them to sell their coin. People must learn to hold their altcoin no matter what the change in price, this will help stabilize its value.
Shaofalova

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 04:10:07 PM

Because they goes to fiat when bitcoin goes down.

APICEMTECH

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:14:31 PM

My advice to you would be that you should wait, watch and learn about market cycles first of all as you are new here. There is no logic to be honest, bitcoin moves upwards, alts falls, btc moves down, alts fall again. Earlier there used to be only inverse relation between btc and alts. Now that markets are just dump. Market makers drop the prices of alts to buy them cheap I think.

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:20:55 PM

I am trying to understand why altcoings are fall. Is there any way to see altcoin prices independent from Bitcoin? If demands are get higher for an altcoin while Bitcoin falls, do you think altcoin will get more value. I am newbie and trying to understand.
what I think is that it's because all the altcoins are listed according to BTC price, since almost all exchanges are BTC-Alt. So when BTC drops in $ value the apparent altcoin $ value also drops.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 04:25:11 PM

Because some alternative coins depend their prices on bitcoin that's why if bitcoin falls some alt coins will fall also.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:29:17 PM

what I think is that it's because all the altcoins are listed according to BTC price, since almost all exchanges are BTC-Alt. So when BTC drops in $ value the apparent altcoin $ value also drops.
this is may look so hard to understand but we are may able to understand it not just in a way in a very easy way of cause we all know how it may be so hard for to understand a lot of things that are not so pretty to take at first just like this you may truly understand for what may ever be happen when you are been experience a lot of that while you are in trading.
smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:30:51 PM

Being the father/head of all the cryptocurrencies i think the effects of bitcoin's price is spread throughout the entire market of cryptos, people tend to lose trust or credibility over the cryptocurrency with regards to profitability of their investment in that market. This is based on my analysis but there are still alts that pumps during that event.

EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:47:01 PM

I think it because other altcoin's price is base on Bitcoin. Like 1 doge = 60 satoshies . Then when the bitcoin's price is falling down, the valuable of each satoshi is going down too.. That's why.
that is the most simply way to think and answer why. alt coin price nowadays follows usd rates and considering bitcoin price paired with usd mostly it makes alt coin price go down in usd rates , but not when it paired with bitcoin.

it is indeed alt coin price remain the same in bitcoin rate for example 1 ethereum = $1,100 when bitcoin price at the highest, but then bitcoin price dropped 1 ethereum down to $900 each. but still 0.08 bitcoin each and so on.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
immakingacoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:53:35 PM

Seriously?

BTC can be traded for USD, most Altcoins can't. So if the Altcoin you are holding can only be traded for Bitcoin, then it's USD value is directly correlated to it's Bitcoin value.

Because if I hold a Crypto that is .2 BTC, and .2 BTC goes from $5,000 to $2,000 then unless I can sell my Coin directly for USD, then I can't do anything but buy Bitcoins with it, which makes it $2000 instead of $5000.

But, if you can find a Website where you can trade an Altcoin for USD and Bitcoin, then you may be able to actually make Money buying and selling them as the 2 even out. Because if Bitcoin falls, but I can still sell my Coin for $5000 USD, then I can do that, then buy BTC with the USD at $2000 ea, and then go buy my Coin with BTC, since that is still at .2 regardless of the price of Bitcoin.

Everyone remember this and tell everyone they can do it too.
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:09:55 PM

My advice to you would be that you should wait, watch and learn about market cycles first of all as you are new here. There is no logic to be honest, bitcoin moves upwards, alts falls, btc moves down, alts fall again. Earlier there used to be only inverse relation between btc and alts. Now that markets are just dump. Market makers drop the prices of alts to buy them cheap I think.

Usually , when visiting the coin market cap website , with just a bit of experience you can recognize a pattern of money moving from one altcoin to another and then going back to bitcoin or Eth (which both remain the longest time holders of respectively 1st and second spot ) .
And this  was a normal routine of pump and dump and just another cycle of making money for the big whales while persuading people to invest in the "hyped coin" , then just get all their money out of it to generate the biggest possible profit .
Yet these days this isn't the case at all and a lot of money is just "disappearing" and "fading away" from the market , since the overall market value is going down continuously .
This could have one of many causes , it can be big whales stepping out of the game , it could be the Chinese lunar new year  , it could be the consequences of the rumors about closing all exchanges in south Korea by the government ,  etc ..
What i'm sure of tho , is that holding for the moment and waiting for the upcoming changes is the optimal choice .

DAOfan

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:33:36 PM

A common trading strategy is to calculate the correlation between two assets. Say Ethereum Blue and Bitcoin have a correlation of 2.5x (for every $1 increase in BTC, BLUE goes up $2.5). Bots love these mathematical trading strategies because they are easy to follow and easy to program. Just like charting strategy and momentum strategy, they work well because everyone *thinks* they work well. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/
bastian466

Activity: 1344
Merit: 251

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:31:57 PM

is currently hard to predict when Bitcoin down altcoin rises not now bitcoin down altcoin come flushed down. maybe a lot of news about banned bitcoin ban in some areas so many sell bitcoin so decreased and when bitcoin down those who have altcoin buy bitcoin then altcoin also decreased

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:16:34 PM

From my personal prespective i think that the recent fall to the cryptocurrency prices in gerneral, goes to the recent news of  goverments that gave been annonicing regulations toward it, due to many people abusing cryptocurrency to escape paying taxes or bad use of it to make illeagal transactions and with its price and its market growing unexpectedly many goverments like south korea, indounisia, maroc are banning or thinking about banning cryptocurrency and this i think has lead to many people pulling thier investments from this industry in fear of future loss, and this has lead to the price going down.
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:19:48 PM

Because altcoins are into trade with bitcoin, you are seeing altcoin with equal value of bitcoin.
of course once bitcoin fall the price in dollar reduce and the altcoin has an equal value in bitcoin, they are not falling in bitcoin value sometimes even bitcoin fall they increase but if you look at the dollar value,  altcoin price will drop because bitcoin price went down with dollar market value.
ashrath

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:22:38 PM

Because Bec is something like a parent and people will buy batch through these alt coins. So , if btc falls so the cost of alt coins fall
I_Like_Dogs

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:23:59 PM

No, if bitcoin goes down, all the altcoins go down because they sell all their coins too. It is not difficult to predict that, and you do not need to be a clever guy to know that.

If bitcoin dies, altcoin holders are going to lose their faith -> they sell everything = the price drops.
is currently hard to predict when Bitcoin down altcoin rises not now bitcoin down altcoin come flushed down. maybe a lot of news about banned bitcoin ban in some areas so many sell bitcoin so decreased and when bitcoin down those who have altcoin buy bitcoin then altcoin also decreased

rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:27:03 PM

There is no price connection between bitcoin and altcoin. But Bitcoin will react to market sentiment and move to wards the direction of the news either positive or negative. The altcoin prices moves according to the demand in the market.
mahmutbey

Activity: 128

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:34:31 PM

Bitcoin is the pioneer coin. In my opinion, the most of the people are making their transactions according to price situation of the bitcoin, and I think this is not logic. As long as the people continue making their transactions according to that, I think the cryptocurrencies will never reach a good market appearance.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: