Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:51:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long to hold a cryptocoin/altcoins to earn good profits?  (Read 245 times)
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:47:54 PM

It depends on you sir! If you see that coin still developing its project and making it more productive by the developer maybe you can consider that to hold for as long as you want. Also if you think you are okay with the price of that coin you can sell that immediately but, if you're not satisfied then continue holding it.
Sometimes an altcoin depends on how the team designing the coin will do the development. This could mean a vision and purpose of the coin, besides what the coin will do so as to maintain and increase its popularity in the future. If it is clear, maybe it could be a consideration to buy and do Hold. But for me it's better to sell coins that we have when the price has increased, it is the simplest strategy and not troublesome of course. For me simplicity in doing strategy becomes an important thing. If we are too busy in taking care of the analysis and strategy we do then we can be charged thoughts so that the results will not be satisfactory.

This question is hard to answer as we all have different views regarding the handling of our coins. As Black Panda and Gabz999 stated, a coin can have a certain development based on how it is designed. It is through this that we can know how long we can keep it for because if it has reached its optimum state, then it would definitely be the right time to sell it. However, it is highly dependent on your decision as sometimes the values of the coin can be very unpredictable. Maybe if you set your profit goal and reached it, then that would be a way to know on when to keep holding on to it.  
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:31:47 AM

Depending on how long you want and how big the rate of increase of a certain coin. The more profits you want the more time it takes to hold it.
Well, if you want to earn a profit every day then you should trade. But, you must have knowledge that covers so that you do not get loss later on.
different if you invest, you just need to wait for the price of alt coin exorbitant then you sell it and get profit. I think investing is quite time-consuming, even a period of 1 year I think is still not enough.
vanish9

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:36:40 AM

It clearly depends on which altcoin are you talking about. There are some who are for a long.. long term, and there are others who you might hold them for some days and they give you a x2.

I prefer to hold those coins who are for long term, like ChainLink, Quantstamp, and Flixxo.
How long to hold a cryptocoin/altcoins to earn good profits?
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:49:33 AM

A day or more is sure to wait for a good price increase on altcoin, but I prefer daily because altcoin is more volatile not like bitcoin, but there are also some altcoins that are suitable for long-term monthly or even yearly such as BCH or BTG.

danniwide1234

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:58:58 AM

You are the only one that can answer that question because it should be a function of your trading strategy. As a rule of thumb I only invest in coins for long term if I see the developers of such coins having a great team and are seriously executing a project that have real life applications. How long I hold such coins depend on the target or the durations I set for them. For some base on what I am seeing I have set a target of let say 1 year while for some it is when they hit certain price.  The most important thing is that you do your homework properly because some coins and are just shitcoin which you can't hold for long.

ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:50:47 AM

I think there is no fix time in holding altcoins since we do not know when the alt price will rise or dump so it depends to the alt price. On my experience, my first alt rise after a month of holding in my wallet. Another, the last I received my a payment from my signature campaign, it pumps within a few days. I think the highest price it reached is around 4 USD then down again.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:55:33 AM

The term of holding the coin should be decided by you. You must first strategise your trade and then start with it.
Decide how much gain you are aiming for and then stick to that. According to the gain you must hold on to your investment and then sell the coin as soon as you reach your profit. You must not regret of selling your coins since hou already had your profit. Dont be greedy and play your trade with a calm mind. Dont sell in a loss.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:00:58 AM

A day or more is sure to wait for a good price increase on altcoin, but I prefer daily because altcoin is more volatile not like bitcoin, but there are also some altcoins that are suitable for long-term monthly or even yearly such as BCH or BTG.

Generally only hold the good top altcoins for a longer period or if you can find the prospect among the newly listed coin which in future can grow a long way then you can hold such coins. Rest of the coins are generally being used for the pump and dump strategy and if you gain a good % in few days then you should ideally be selling and booking your profits and move on to another coin or sell partially if you still think it has some potential to grow future.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:46:48 PM

There's really no definite answer to that brother. Different coins, different movement, different teams and developers. Major coins like bitcoin are good for long term holding while some up and coming coins can be maximized for day trades.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:44:02 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 06:54:25 PM by Silberman

Not easy to know, the first thing you need to concentrate yourself on is to look for the right altcoin, holding does not good when you are holding a scam coin, if you buy into one by mistake then you should sell and consider yourself lucky if you do not lose money, but if you were able to choose a good coin a good period of waiting can be something between 1 to 3 years.
lagoon88

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:49:18 PM

In my opinion, if you hold altcoins for two years, then it would certainly get you a good profit.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:55:21 PM

Of course, there is no a standard answer! Sometimes - if you are a scalper and there is high volatility - you can make a big profit just in some hours.
In other situations, you need to hold a coin even one year or more.
With good technical analysis, you can take good decisions in this sense.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

If you just bought a coin just before a HODL time then you may need to wait and hold much more to earn good.
But if you haven't buy something yet then it is good time to have some and waiting time is just about your target profit and type of the coin you have
eastface

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:03:19 PM

For long time investing- one or two years preferring of course Bitcoin. Altcoins- depending on the project, some very interesting bat investing term mach short, jast wait for good profit.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:15:01 PM

It depends on you sir! If you see that coin still developing its project and making it more productive by the developer maybe you can consider that to hold for as long as you want. Also if you think you are okay with the price of that coin you can sell that immediately but, if you're not satisfied then continue holding it.

Yes, all depends on you as a trader and holder.
Long or short is not always the same every time or it will be different on each cryptocurrency.
I dont think that the time is problem, because sometime the crypto is growing very fast and sometime very slow.

So if the price already makes you profit, no matter long or short then just sell it.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:28:35 PM

There is no specific time line to hold on to your coins,just follow the development team and their project timeline and then you will understand at what time the price would go higher,it is the only possible situation to understand when the price would move higher,other than that there is no other way rather than looking at the volume and trade accordingly.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:31:01 PM

If you are lucky it could take you just a few weeks, but you cannot bet on that. More reasonably you will have to wait for several months or one year to wait for the coin to get some traction. In some cases even more.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: