Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:41:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal X10 ⚡OVERCLOCK⚡ Claim reward 0.2 BTC for TUTORIAL HOW TO :)⚡⚡⚡⚡  (Read 22701 times)
Baikalek

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:48:09 PM

Without stupid hashrate limitter its running pretty fast. But only for 10sec. I asked Baikal If there is some hashrate limit - and they say yes.
https://i.imgur.com/DQazDza.jpg

this is X10 or GB?
Myriad-Groestl
This is X10 miner

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tboy32c

Activity: 42
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:57:58 AM

Without stupid hashrate limitter its running pretty fast. But only for 10sec. I asked Baikal If there is some hashrate limit - and they say yes.

What happens after 10 seconds? Could you achieve the same result for any arbitrary 10-second period during mining or does it have to be the very first 10 seconds after the miner starts hashing?
tx3000s

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:21:05 AM

Anyone noticed Baikal updated they're firmware on the Giant B?Huh

I had previously downloaded PiZero_GB_171221_V1.0.

Now I revisited the site and its changed to PiZero_GB_180105_V1.0.

What the heck are they up to.... Huh

hello ..can you share  PiZero_GB_171221_V1.0 ?
XrayHunter7

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:09:07 AM

What happens after 10 seconds? Could you achieve the same result for any arbitrary 10-second period during mining or does it have to be the very first 10 seconds after the miner starts hashing?

I underclock orange pi. So its running super slow. And booting sequence looks like this: Miner UP, DEV1,2,3 load, 5sec, DEV 1 set hashrate limit, DEV 2 set hashrate limit, DEV 3 set hashrate limit. So I have first 5 seconds to see x10 running on "full speed" after that it starts limiting each hashing board.
adra12

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:46:23 AM

I underclock orange pi. So its running super slow. And booting sequence looks like this: Miner UP, DEV1,2,3 load, 5sec, DEV 1 set hashrate limit, DEV 2 set hashrate limit, DEV 3 set hashrate limit. So I have first 5 seconds to see x10 running on "full speed" after that it starts limiting each hashing board.

I can confirm that sgminer is limiting the hashing power.
tboy32c

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:13:54 AM

Are you sure that slowing the OrangePi doesn't interfere with how it calculates the hashrates? Race cars travel twice as fast as they actually do according to a 50% underclocked stopwatch.

tboy32c

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:26:52 AM

I can confirm that sgminer is limiting the hashing power.

Does that mean you've overcome said limit or just that you've made an observation that leads you to that conclusion?
arma33

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:02:39 AM

So how much time such indicators. Then still the power drops to the factory?It turns out in pizero written?
adra12

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:23:19 AM

Does that mean you've overcome said limit or just that you've made an observation that leads you to that conclusion?

I just tried different versions of sgminer on an X10, which resulted in different hash rates. And the hashboards were calculating for sure, even the Orange pi was lagging at a higher hashing rate. I also assume that the baikal driver is compiled into sgminer, hence it doesn't work with other hashing boards. So this means that the only solution is to decompile and edit sgminer, or get the original source code for that system.
ismurdegus

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:30:23 AM

Will be a dream if we can unlock the hash rate!
tboy32c

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:52:19 AM

I just tried different versions of sgminer on an X10, which resulted in different hash rates. And the hashboards were calculating for sure, even the Orange pi was lagging at a higher hashing rate. I also assume that the baikal driver is compiled into sgminer, hence it doesn't work with other hashing boards. So this means that the only solution is to decompile and edit sgminer, or get the original source code for that system.

Ahh I see. Which versions did you try and what were the corresponding hash rates? Did you try running each version of sgminer for a set duration (say over an hour) and comparing the total number of accepted shares?
adra12

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:22:48 PM

Ahh I see. Which versions did you try and what were the corresponding hash rates? Did you try running each version of sgminer for a set duration (say over an hour) and comparing the total number of accepted shares?

I used the original X10 sgminer, which was working as it should. The other one that was working was the GB sgminer, which detected the hashing boards and started hashing with the default algorithm, but without any accepted shares. Probably this is due to driver incompatibility. The other sgminer was built by myself from the online available source code, and I also tried another one compiled by someone else with all the GPU drivers compiled into it. The last two did not detect the hashing boards, which means that baikal is using proprietary drivers for each device.
aerodynomic

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:58:36 PM

I know im just jumping in here but i thought id add some interesting things Ive noticed with my x10. There are times when I initally turn it on and it just loads the miner that the hash rate will for each board spikes up to 20GH/s for 60 GH/s total. This has happened a few times. Ill try to get a screeen shot the next time I can but if thats true these machines are very powerful and they do really underclock them.
dmanukr

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:15:31 PM

Once you pay for hardware, it’s yours. You can do as you wish with it. If You create an image file that allow us to run new algo’s who’s going to stop that if it’s given free... no one. Also, they have no patents or anything of that nature in the US. And since they don’t respect the US’s patents.

Here’s my response to them getting rich off of us, Oh well...

Im with you on this
Microcosm

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:51:41 AM

Registered to the forum so I could get in on this one!

If we had to prioritize, which would be a better outcome? Removing the hash limit or unlocking algos? Probably the limit... yeah?

Does anyone know specifically the skill set we need to move this forward? I know some high-class engineers that may be interested but better f I approach with specific & detailed questions...

Hope we can pull this one off!

T
dmanukr

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:14:44 PM

If the boards can be successfully cloned with all same components, etc. can you guys think of a reason why you wouldn't be able to just flash the firmware and have fully functioning unit? 

I reached out to a couple of you privately to no avail so I'll just put this in the open, for those of you who have taken out a hashboard and examined it,
seen the components or can make photo or list of components, can you share that?  Some of you speak as though you're seriously interested in doing this but it's hard to see if it's just a hobby or challenge game, or if you're really interested in doing this in a bigger way. I'm interested in the latter. 
If you prefer to keep a hobby and no interest beyond, and you have a hashboard you'd sell me so i can have it examined, great, let me know.
tboy32c

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:58:54 PM

If the boards can be successfully cloned with all same components, etc. can you guys think of a reason why you wouldn't be able to just flash the firmware and have fully functioning unit? 

I reached out to a couple of you privately to no avail so I'll just put this in the open, for those of you who have taken out a hashboard and examined it,
seen the components or can make photo or list of components, can you share that?  Some of you speak as though you're seriously interested in doing this but it's hard to see if it's just a hobby or challenge game, or if you're really interested in doing this in a bigger way. I'm interested in the latter. 
If you prefer to keep a hobby and no interest beyond, and you have a hashboard you'd sell me so i can have it examined, great, let me know.

The ASICs cannot be cloned. Take a look at this comment:

I DID take the heatsink off an X10 and the model number on the asic is this:

[Baikal Logo]
BK177280
ND33U

The ASIC chips themselves are manufactured specifically for Baikal only since it's their own custom design. Even if everything else on the miner could be sourced, the key missing component would be the ASICs themselves which are closed-source and proprietary.
Ironeinstein

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:34:56 PM

I sent in an email asking them to release their firmware and software.

Senseless, did you ever get a reply on the software or firmware?
dmanukr

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:41:33 PM

No. I'll get it done one way or another, just thought there would be others interested.
tboy32c

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:39:02 AM

No. I'll get it done one way or another, just thought there would be others interested.

Are you interested in making your own X10 miner or in modifying ones that already exist? From my understanding those posting in this thread have been interested in overclocking and/or unlocking the additional two promised algorithms that the X10 is supposedly capable of. I don't think anyone has been trying to recreate their own miner.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: