Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:46:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Programmer needed for 2 task project 2200$ in BTC [CANCELLED]  (Read 2252 times)
Realpra (OP)

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:34:25 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2013, 11:50:42 AM by Realpra

I need a smart card terminal application for Android.

There are four more or less independent tasks in this:

- Use NFC from Android application to communicate +
- Get the BasicCard java lib to work on android and use the NFC code to communicate with a basic card smart card from ZC. 2200$
- Interface with Electrum and send TX data. 0$
- Interface with Electrum and get TX data for the card to later sign in specified format. 0$

In addition to the monetary award you are allowed to do what ever you want with the code including releasing your own terminal program for your own profit.

Requirements:
- I must get all the code including rights to do as I please with it.
- You get paid the specified amount once a task is done.  
- You must let me know before you start, I don't want to pay 5 different people for the same work.

If you are interested let me know what task you will be working on as I am also looking for interested parties elsewhere. Also I have more detailed information about each task and files I can give you.

Contact me by email or forum PM:
Realpra1@hotmail.com

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stevedekorte

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:20:49 PM

Would consider it for 1750 BTC in mutually trusted escrow.
Realpra (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:00:40 AM

1750 in BTC would be about 3 years of my paycheck before taxes and expenses for some relatively small tasks... was that a typo?

At any rate I will not use an escrow, I am a trusted member of this forum. If you don't trust me you can start with the smaller tasks and see if I pay up.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 11:02:07 PM

$200,000?  Lol I hope that was a typo too. perhaps 17.5 or something.
Realpra (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:57:35 AM

Would you do it for 1950$?

stormlighter

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:07:11 AM

I'm sure he meant $1750 USD in BTC which would make about 13.3 BTC

@Realpra
Keep your initial price. It seems fair and should attract business.
The best of luck to you Smiley
Realpra (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:52:28 PM

I'm changing it to 2200$ for only NFC and Android to/from basiccard communication. Sending 2 and 2 and getting 4 back is enough.
I will let the other tasks wait.

I will also be posting this job on Freelancer and odesk I think, in case you dont trust me we can do that, but it will cost 3% or so of the amount.
Before choosing escrow you might want to consider my post count and that I'm a founding member of the Danish Bitcoin Foundation - but your choice.

As said I can provide assistance by sending basiccards, a card reader, software packages, hints and so on.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:43:50 AM

This is a very nice project you have here. I wish you luck with finding devs for this. The bitcoin card seems like a great idea!
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:48:58 PM

I would be more interested in the NFC part of the project, since I think there are some good opportunities for a p2p exchange using NFC to beam coins from one phone to another. But I don't have any NFC capable devices and it seems there are only very few of them available at the moment. Maybe it's too early for such a project.

StreakfortheBTC

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:53:51 PM

I have an LG viper with nfc built in. Works pretty neat, used it with Google wallet at a few gas stations. I don't use it, and the screen is cracked but still is viewable, and useable. No issues other that cosmetic.  If someone wants to do this project for you, and needs a phone with nfc, I can provide the phone for sale very cheap. Let me know. Good luck op.
Realpra (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 02:54:56 PM

The BasicCard toolkit has a card emulator and there are Android emulators too.

So I think for the vast amount of time you will not need the actual devices.

When you do I can run the tests as I have an NFC Android or you might borrow one from a friend/family member (we did in college once).

StreakfortheBTC

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 02:57:52 PM

That's true. Offer also open for you to pay shipping to you and back, to borrow it if u need one. Hope this gets done for ya op
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:37:58 PM

I don't really know your project, but is a port of the java lib to android actually required? Do you want to attach a reader to the phone and connect the phone via reader to the card?

If I you only want to connect via NFC, the lib itself would only be necessary on the dev machine, but not the phone. That would things a lot easier, since the java lib depends on some native libs, that are hard to port, methinks.

Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 09:52:48 PM

I don't really know your project, but is a port of the java lib to android actually required? Do you want to attach a reader to the phone and connect the phone via reader to the card?

If I you only want to connect via NFC, the lib itself would only be necessary on the dev machine, but not the phone. That would things a lot easier, since the java lib depends on some native libs, that are hard to port, methinks.

Same question here. If you only need to read data from the card through NFC, that would be easy to do (if you've got a protocol reference for the card, that is; I don't know too much about NFC and I didn't see one on the website). If you want to connect a USB reader/programmer to the android phone, though, you'd have to write a driver. Android supports USB host natively after ICS, but almost definitely won't support the reader without a lot of work, and implementing something to program cards through it would be even harder.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:42:53 PM

There are docs for the android.nfc package.

And there is a BasicNFC document, that also mentions some demo apps for the card.

Realpra (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 06:37:40 AM

Same question here. If you only need to read data from the card through NFC, that would be easy to do (if you've got a protocol reference for the card, that is; I don't know too much about NFC and I didn't see one on the website). If you want to connect a USB reader/programmer to the android phone, though, you'd have to write a driver. Android supports USB host natively after ICS, but almost definitely won't support the reader without a lot of work, and implementing something to program cards through it would be even harder.
The basiccard java lib can handle all the nitty gritty details when communicating with the card so I assumed it would make things easier. If you can interface with the card without it, that's fine.

The Android must be able to read AND write to the card in order to put in PIN, TX data and get the signature etc. etc.. USB or NFC is not that important to me, but I also found that NFC actually seemed to have more support and would likely be cooler.

daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:03:25 AM

So you want to use an 'empty' card and set all the user data via smartphone?

But there is already an app running on the card? So sending bytes would be enough to set the data?

Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 08:13:17 AM

NFC would probably be easier than USB, at least for Android. Do you have a link to the documentation for the basiccard library? I found the library itself, but it didn't seem to have docs included (though I haven't installed it yet). If the library is for the card reader, then it could be difficult, but if it's just for NFC communication with the card then it should run without needing much (if any) porting.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Realpra (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

NFC would probably be easier than USB, at least for Android. Do you have a link to the documentation for the basiccard library? I found the library itself, but it didn't seem to have docs included (though I haven't installed it yet). If the library is for the card reader, then it could be difficult, but if it's just for NFC communication with the card then it should run without needing much (if any) porting.
I dont have docs for the java lib. But supposedly it hides the T1 smartcard protocol. Let me know if the library does not support NFC I will write ZC for more information.
I would advise you look inside the code, ZC usually comments and describe their code a lot.

Theres also the basicNFC doc someone here mentioned. Apparently the card fakes being an NFC Tag type 4.

Are you starting on the project then?

That's true. Offer also open for you to pay shipping to you and back, to borrow it if u need one. Hope this gets done for ya op
Thanks Smiley

So you want to use an 'empty' card and set all the user data via smartphone?

But there is already an app running on the card? So sending bytes would be enough to set the data?
The card has its own data and program (I assume it will be powered by the NFC also).

If you can send bytes and get the card to see it as a normal terminal command call that is also fine. But the card uses the T1 one protocol... I think it would be a pain to write that and other things from scratch.

Realpra (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:04:21 AM

Here's the docs for anyone interested. I have started digging into it myself, but the offer still stands.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/Y4DE2gKZ/BasicCardJavaLibDocs.html

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: