Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:42:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Thousands of Wallets Compromised and Funds Stolen  (Read 2618 times)
Oumal

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:44:07 PM

Something prevented me from buying IOTA, now I will never buy it. I think that this is the end for the project, there are
 no guarantees that this will not happen again.
MadMac (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:50:31 PM

It is not devs fault if you disclose your private key to third parties
You really don't get it?

It is a major and substantial design flaw to use a private key, which the seed is, to log into ones wallet. Without any authorization. 2 major rules of information security have been breached here.
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:52:19 PM

It's not the devs fault , yet they linked their new investors to this malicious seed generator themselves, doesn't really make sense to me.
MadMac (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:06:29 PM

This is all very bad and it is still developing. Most people did not realize yet what happened to them.
runz

Activity: 103
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:14:08 PM

It's not the devs fault , yet they linked their new investors to this malicious seed generator themselves, doesn't really make sense to me.

As far as I know they linked to a github code and not to iotaseeds.io
One guy from the official iota forum actually warned about that .io site

You really don't get it?

It is a major and substantial design flaw to use a private key, which the seed is, to log into ones wallet. Without any authorization. 2 major rules of information security have been breached here.
Sadly you don't learn that your authorization is useless if you disclose your private key! I hope at some day you just understand the technology and learn from your mistakes.. But instead your just blaming everyone else but you
MadMac (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:18:05 PM

Sure, I know what I write.

What you still don't understand is login with a private key is at mega risk.

2 major info security laws broken in IOTA.
runz

Activity: 103
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:25:09 PM

I think login with your private key is not risky as long as you don't disclose it to other people!
And if your machine is compromised you are game over with all software wallets. So what's your point? How should I be able to hack your wallet without the private key?
flag39

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:51:32 PM

Volkswagen should reevaluate and consider what risk they put themselves and customers potentially into. Still no acknowledgement of the hack by IOTA itself, they still believe if they do nothing the shitstorm may just blow over them and go away. No.

I think we all should write to Volkswagen and make sure they don't get fooled  Grin Grin
imdabest239

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:52:31 PM

Are there still some people who trust in this coin? I have been fighting with them for a long time, i do not want to hold them anymore but i bought them at $3,8, i have them all stucked on my wallet right now, but i hate IOTA.. This is seriously the worst coin that i have ever bought.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:53:04 PM

As far as I know they linked to a github code and not to iotaseeds.io
One guy from the official iota forum actually warned about that .io site

You really don't get it?

Sadly you don't learn that your authorization is useless if you disclose your private key! I hope at some day you just understand the technology and learn from your mistakes.. But instead your just blaming everyone else but you

OP has been proven to be entitled, stupid, non-technical and dishonest. This thread has completely exposed him.
MadMac (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:58:59 AM

OP has been proven to be entitled, stupid, non-technical and dishonest. This thread has completely exposed him.
Is that so, IOTA fanboy? I think the only one spreading garbage, or as you fanboys call it: FUD, is yourself Smiley.

Complete ignorance of the situation and getting personal in every single of your posts. But as they say, don't feed he troll.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:36:27 AM

How so? People were told to use online seed generators. Yes, a seed, online. Not from the wallet itself, no password, not protection at all. And one clever chap collected all the generated seeds and just cashed in.
Lucky me I used the offline seed generator in my Ubuntu terminal. Actually, its bad practice to generate something valuable on the internet. I prefer it the offline ways so I can ensure the security of it.
MadMac (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:38:44 AM

IOTA is going to destroy evidence of the heist very soon.

http://iotafeed.com/index.php/2018/01/23/prepare-for-the-january-28-2018-iota-snapshot/

"The snapshot compacts the Tangle by removing parts of its history, except addresses with value."

Read it, this is highly alarming and must be stopped!
CryptoCunnie

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:30:15 AM

IOTA is going to destroy evidence of the heist very soon.

http://iotafeed.com/index.php/2018/01/23/prepare-for-the-january-28-2018-iota-snapshot/

"The snapshot compacts the Tangle by removing parts of its history, except addresses with value."

Read it, this is highly alarming and must be stopped!

"destroy evidence of the heist" - what a joke post.
OP is either only out here spreading nonsense to destroy iota's rep or he really has no clue at all, dyor people
MadMac (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:48:20 AM

I don't invent these news, I just share them for everyone to judge. Pretty lame posting again from one of the IOTA fanboys.

So far we have not heard any official statement from the IOTA foundation regarding the theft. Shame on them. And then we have you handfull of fanboys who are stupid enough to completely ignore the situation. Would be funny if millions of dollars would not have been stolen. And now evidence is going to be destroyed.
CryptoCunnie

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:13:39 AM

I don't invent these news, I just share them for everyone to judge. Pretty lame posting again from one of the IOTA fanboys.

So far we have not heard any official statement from the IOTA foundation regarding the theft. Shame on them. And then we have you handfull of fanboys who are stupid enough to completely ignore the situation. Would be funny if millions of dollars would not have been stolen. And now evidence is going to be destroyed.

Mind providing some evidence for your claims?

Since iota already responded 2 days ago in their blog:
https://blog.iota.org/the-secret-to-security-is-secrecy-d32b5b7f25ef

MadMac (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:25:16 AM

Again, it's not addressing the situation at all, that huge design flaw of using a private key to log in. Just excuses. No explanation, no mitigation, just trying to wash their hands clean and blame the users. Shame on them. And now they will delete the evidence.
dudov

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:27:40 AM

Is this information real?
cryptodagger

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:41:25 AM

Why wouldnt you guys put it in a safe place like a hardwallet?mine is fully secured but with this hack events surely i will dump IOTA for now.
Surely IOTA developers has lack of security precautions too,dumping this right now would be a nice move before it lose some value.

MadMac (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:52:11 AM

Why wouldnt you guys put it in a safe place like a hardwallet?mine is fully secured but with this hack events surely i will dump IOTA for now.
Surely IOTA developers has lack of security precautions too,dumping this right now would be a nice move before it lose some value.

It does not matter where you think you place it. They have stolen the private keys, and thus own all your funds. And that is a major design flaw of the IOTA client that requires one to openly use the private key, which they call seed, to log in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: