Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:44:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FUNDED] - BTCJam rep loan 0.25 at 10% ...thanks for looking!  (Read 1657 times)
gektek (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

I rave ... whats your excuse?!?

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 01:52:42 AM

This building rep loans are the stupidiest thing in the world. The only person stupider then the person asking for the loans are the people who actually are providing them.

I keep asking this (ok indirectly but still) but nobody is giving me a response...what should I have done differently. I actually need 6 btc to purchase Karaoke equipment for my new business. Why is everybody missing the first sentence of my OP that states I am a noob? hrmmm...I dunno Sad
You should have requested 6 BTC for Karaoke equipment.

Fair enough...just figured I'd be bombarded with requests for reputation verification. After this 'deal' is behind us I will try that route. Might I count you in as an investor?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gektek (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 01:53:58 AM

Looking at the users posts and also when the account was created and how they are talking (bad english), this account was definitely hacked or bought.

I didn't think my english was that bad. Was I using your instead of you're again? As in your an ass instead of you're an ass? Anywho, I can post a pic of my beautiful smiling face if it will help build my reputation Cheesy
gektek (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 01:55:26 AM

I'm waiting for confirmations, OP. Then I will fund 100% of this loan.

I didn't think it would happen so soon so just initiated a transfer to my BTCJam account to make sure I can cover the 4% the site keeps and the 10% that I'll be giving to you. Thanks again! Cheesy
kopipe

Activity: 246
Merit: 124

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:08:45 AM

I didn't think it would happen so soon so just initiated a transfer to my BTCJam account to make sure I can cover the 4% the site keeps and the 10% that I'll be giving to you. Thanks again! Cheesy

Cool Cheesy Sorry it took so long, seems like BTCJam requires six confirmations for it to appear in my balance. 

Anyway, I funded it. Smiley

コピペ copypaste
gektek (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 02:52:24 AM

Cool Cheesy Sorry it took so long, seems like BTCJam requires six confirmations for it to appear in my balance. 

No worries at all. I'm just glad I decided to make my post to BitcoinTalk otherwise this loan might never have gone anywhere. Its a start and I thank you! Activating now...
kopipe

Activity: 246
Merit: 124

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:04:42 AM

No worries at all. I'm just glad I decided to make my post to BitcoinTalk otherwise this loan might never have gone anywhere. Its a start and I thank you! Activating now...

Repayment received! Grin Good luck on getting the 6BTC loan for the karaoke equipment.

コピペ copypaste
gektek (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 03:07:21 AM

Repayment received! Grin Good luck on getting the 6BTC loan for the karaoke equipment.

haha...quickest $5 I've ever lost. Thank you. And thank you! Cheesy
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 10:20:28 AM

You really think reputation is for sale?
That's scary.
I'll give you some free reputation, instead!

Not rep on Bitcointalk...rep on BTCJam.

TIL people think it makes a fucking difference.

He said "reputation" without anything else, he didn't state "rep on Bitcointalk".

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:44:43 AM

Highjacking this now useless thread, to gather some feedback from other members.

I removed my negative trust, because I really doubt gektek means any harm.
He claims to be a newbie willing to learn, which is ok.

Yet, after being explained why buying trust is pointless, and being suggested:

Maybe if you had just explained your project in details, without going through those useless rep steps, it would have been covered right away.
Too late now, as far as I'm concerned.

He's sticking to his original trust-buying agenda.

Not sure how to react, here, I'm tempted to neg rate him again, as I think what he's doing, even if in good faith, is harmful.
But then again, I doubt he's here to scam, so that doesn't sound right.

Wouldn't mind some input, there. Smiley

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
J603

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:34:58 PM

Highjacking this now useless thread, to gather some feedback from other members.

Maybe if you had just explained your project in details, without going through those useless rep steps, it would have been covered right away.

Not sure how to react, here, I'm tempted to neg rate him again, as I think what he's doing, even if in good faith, is harmful.

Not that you value my input, but what would the point be of giving him negative trust? Whether it's a trust loan or not, he paid it back, so to give him negative feedback is incorrect and just an asshole move.

Even if you don't care whether you're an asshole or not, giving him negative rep here doesn't matter because he's getting loans on BTCjam, and he's shown that he pays back his loans there.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 03:14:44 PM

Not that you value my input, but what would the point be of giving him negative trust? Whether it's a trust loan or not, he paid it back, so to give him negative feedback is incorrect and just an asshole move.

Even if you don't care whether you're an asshole or not, giving him negative rep here doesn't matter because he's getting loans on BTCjam, and he's shown that he pays back his loans there.

The point is that trust loans are usually exclusively made by scammers.

gektek (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 04:58:56 PM

The point is that trust loans are usually exclusively made by scammers.

Key word here being 'usually' right? Is it so wrong for me to try and change peoples opinions? Like I stated in my second thread (which has also been funded and once my deposit gets its confirmations will also be paid back) I am honestly continuing with my original plan basically out of pure stubbornness. And, so far it has paid off for a few different people. One random forum member here funded my first loan 100% himself. My second loan was funded by him again, as well as two (or was it three) other users. They will soon be paid as well. Then yes, I will be starting up the third and final rep loan and going through this whole process one last time before trying for my 6 btc loan for Karaoke equipment.

I have been COMPLETELY 100% upfront with you and everyone else about everything I have wanted to do. If you'd like...please post the ENTIRE private message I sent to you Kouye which explains in EVEN MORE detail exactly what I'm doing...

So yes...to give me a negative mark in this situation would be a RATHER large asshole move and I honestly, at this point, don't think it would have very positive reflections toward you as I have VERY CLEARLY made an attempt to explain my self both in private and in public.

Your move...

PS...I know I quoted DiamondCardz here but yes my focus is directed toward Kouye. WTF man? I didn't do anything to you?
Kouye

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:09:39 PM

Thanks for your feedback, J603. Really helped me.
Now I'm sure you just don't understand a dick drawing when you see one.
You're ignoring the pm I sent to you, better to heat up this useless, open, trolling war.

OP, I'll try one last time to explain to you why what you're doing is:
- hurting us
- hurting you
- helping scammers
- making me despise you

Imagine that your last attempt at a 1 BTC loan is fulfilled.
Imagine that you repay for it.
Imagine that you stick to your plan and go for a 6BTC one.
Imagine that someone covers the loan.

Not too hard to follow ?

Ok. Now you invested 0.075 to repay shit loans which YOU DIDN'T EVEN NEED, and you got 6 BTC in your hands.
How the fuck am I supposed to beleive you won't just keep the 6 BTC?

Don't you fucking understand that giving 0.075 BTC away won't let you scam for 6 BTC ?
Seriously, you get 6 BTC for a 0.075 BTC "investment".
And you're telling me you're not running with those coins, while creating a new account straight away?
How hard would that be, really, to rince and repeat ?

Just get lost, and fuck all the people who helped you.

TL;DR
If you don't understand that, you're either:
- an idiot
- a scammer

If you do understand, that, you're either:
- a scammer
- an asshole that eases scammer's job and ruin ours

StillTL;DREither
Just fuck off, or:
Tell us about your project (NOT in lending sub), beleive in it, keep our attention up with real, sensitive agendas.
Then you might get a loan for 50 BTC, without having to spend 0.075 for shitty, useless, community-damaging bought trust.

PS : kopipe and J603, I'm watching you too. You're as bloody assholes as he is, and you can consider any scam pulled from those accounts as NO-ROI, now.

Yeah, I'm a little pissed-off. Happens.

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 11:14:05 PM

Considering gullible people are gullible, we can't do anything except watch the OP's scam unfold. Disappointing.

Very disappointing.

71a62ce83b3ac2dceb16503c080c03ed5fa66aa68f31069993665a5b2eef91b3

gektek (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 01:17:30 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 03:02:59 AM by gektek

wow ...haha...just wow. Sad

Especially because "BTCJam" was in the title...did anybody bother to see what is actually involved in taking out a loan on their site? I had to verify my ID. I verified my phone number. I verified my Washington state ID. I sent them a copy of my Washington state business license for my company "gektek Radio" which they have yet to accept for address verification but it was a fuzzy picture. Going to try that part again but with an actual bill this time. I connected my PayPal account, which lists me as a 13 year member. I connected my eBay account, which lists me as an 11 year member (granted with only a score of 35 but I just don't use eBay much so...). I connected and verified my BitcoinTalk account. I connected and verified my BTCT.co account which uses the 2 factor google authenticator allowing me to back my loans with what little assests I have collected there. I am the owner and operator of http://gektek.info , http://facebook.com/gektek , http://facebook.com/gektekradio . I host my online radio station at live365.com (go do the search for 'gektek radio' yourself to verify link maybe). um...I used to run digiraver.com and web-raver.net so my name 'may' still be on a cached copy somewhere. Lets see...not sure what else I can offer except my social security number but honestly somebody should be able to dig up enough with what i've given to probably take out a credit card or something.

I dunno...I feel your pain man but at the same time...why so vengeful toward ME specifically? Threatening to give me negative marks here and all that jazz? Am I really creating THAT big of a problem? From my understanding of the bitcoin community...it is pretty much ALL built on trust. omg, some of the group buy threads I'm following here are a complete joke. One fellow even collected $50k worth of bitcoin and then has all but abandoned the thread only to start another group buy thread...? hehe Now I can completely understand people getting overly pissy about a situation like that but I really am being completely honest and upfront about EVERYTHING I have done thus far and have given NO reason for anyone to think otherwise other than the slander that you and a few other individuals have decided to spread.

Please understand that I DO see the situation from your side, I really honestly do. I am even big enough to admit that I have gone about this ENTIRE process in the wrong way. I think I've even mentioned that in the private message that I sent you, though thinking back I probably only hinted at it instead of flat out said "I was wrong". However, on basic principle, if I do not see this through to the end, taking every step that I laid out from the beginning...then I DO in fact open the door for future scammers. At this point I need to do exactly what I said I was doing from my first post (this threads OP) in order to prove to you and everyone else that I am what I say I am. Now, taking the sidestep to see things from your point of view again, this answer is NOT going to make you happy. Please understand that I really don't care. I am not doing this to make you happy. I am even only taking the time to reply to your rude comments out of necessity because again, thanks to your slander, I do now have the potential of people seeing me as a bad guy. I will need to continually defend myself until this whole mess is over. My mistake but I really want to start my Karaoke/DJ for hire business so I'm ok with seeing this through to the end.

Thank you again for your continued bumps Cheesy

PS ...the third and final rep loan is - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279630.0 - to make sure everyone can keep up and play along.

EDIT: BTCJam has since accepted my Washington state business license as my address verification so I now have a 'B' rating there.
Kouye

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:36:05 AM

Please understand that I DO see the situation from your side, I really honestly do.

Cool. Then, as per the previous post you DO understand and you're either:
- a scammer
I tried my best, I failed.
Now I just hope J603 or kopipe will be around when you decide it's time for that 6+ BTC loan.
But I doubt it, somehow. Grin

gektek (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 01:41:15 AM

Please understand that I DO see the situation from your side, I really honestly do.

Cool. Then, as per the previous post you DO understand and you're either:
- a scammer
I tried my best, I failed.
Now I just hope J603 or kopipe will be around when you decide it's time for that 6+ BTC loan.
But I doubt it, somehow. Grin

This is obviously never going to go anywhere between us so I guess I'll just say we shall see what we shall see.

Thanks for another bump but if you don't mind...wait about an hour or two before you do it again. I'd like to give all the other posts a chance to get some exposure too so I don't get blamed for hogging the spotlight or something too Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: