Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:17:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Ethereum Overthrown Bitcoin?  (Read 507 times)
evermotz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:09:47 AM

Seems unlikely at this point. That does not mean that it isn’t possible Wink

everything is possible, yes.

but if wee see how the market worked theese days, it is also reasonable for us to say that it is impossible for ETH to surpass BTC...
ETH price falling for every dip that happened on BTC...
I think ETH won't reach BTC in price in the next 2-3 years...

kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:34:29 AM

I think eth can overthrow bitcoin. see  more eth enthusiasts is not impossible for eth to overthrow bitcoin
EinaiOraCoinDev

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:05:45 AM

This is never going to happen.. you seriously need to stop saying that this is possible because it will NEVER happen unless that all the whales switch to ethereum (and this is almost impossible)
So no, this is not real.
JRDuran

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:38:10 PM

Ethereum is really working great even until now, to overtake bitcoin is not easy to accomplish. Although the fee is high but bitcoin is the only crypto that accepted by most national exchange and this victory of bitcoin will always lead far away from all crypto.
ilnick

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:53:13 PM

IMHO, bitcoin wins only in popularity. As soon as most learn about the eth, something unexpected can happen.
On the other hand, there are information about the development of smart contracts for bitcoin.
huydavid

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:00:04 PM

The difference in market growth is what drives some people to suggest that Ethereum quickly become Bitcoin's biggest rival for the top spot in the crypto world in Crete. Ethereum is only available for two years, while Bitcoin has been in the market for over a decade. Actually, Bitcoin's age may be a barrier and even sparked a debate about how to measure Bitcoin's network in order to accommodate the booming user pool of Bitcoin and the transaction gets very hot. With Bitcoin still relying on many of the original codes, other cryptocurrencies can take into account the pitfalls that Bitcoin experienced when developing their own systems.
Myangel20

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:44:53 PM

Ethereum is rising and i think it has a chance to beat bitcoin in terms of value.
East2011

Activity: 454

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:49:08 PM

It is posible that ethereum can beat bitcoin. But i think it will take a long time before this will because bitcoin today is so popular. Bitcoin is growing up again this day.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:28:08 AM

Yes it could be possible for ethereum to pass bitcoin and Im totally believe on it.  Fast transaction speed, cheap tx fee, stable price rather than bitcoin. More project are using ethereum blockchain and it will be make ethereum more great.
Lets see if bitcoin can implement smart contract, it will be good competition.

tricker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:48:45 AM

Well for me ethereum has a greater chance to overtake bitcoin among any other coin. Because if the time comes that the investors cant afford the expensive transaction fee of bitcoin. They will transfer to the ethereum and thats what make it more popular and more indemand. Aside from that ethereum nowadays is most common used token in some blockchain and project.
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:31:20 AM

As everyone of us know that eth is getting momentum due to the fact of low transactions fee and the features of smart contract....

Is it possible for eth to overtake bitcoin in price in nearest future?

I don't think so Eth could take over Bitcoin , BTC does have more investor against ETH , I might say both can move same way as they move in past .
bitcoin transaction's fee could be less in future !!!

Happy Trading
Thanks
Regards

Yes, you are right because Bitcoin is already generating huge volumes in the market and we cannot predict easily that ETH will surpass the BTC. I think price changes will be there but the difference between even though transaction fee are little high with Bitcoin, but we can overcome the problems.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:47:35 AM

But anyway.. although with a lower transaction costs and smart contract features, it mean will to overthrow Bitcoiner as well, no.. it's not certain everyone will affected by that's it only.
And ever at all I predict Eth will overtake bitcoin price in the nearest future, that's a small possibility. Anyhow.. if seen from the view in general, Bitcoin still looks more preferred or more special among many people, this is the first crypto that seems difficult to be overthrown.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:52:33 AM

As everyone of us know that eth is getting momentum due to the fact of low transactions fee and the features of smart contract....

I don't think so Eth could take over Bitcoin , BTC does have more investor against ETH , I might say both can move same way as they move in past .
bitcoin transaction's fee could be less in future !!!

Happy Trading
Thanks
Regards

Yes, you are right because Bitcoin is already generating huge volumes in the market and we cannot predict easily that ETH will surpass the BTC. I think price changes will be there but the difference between even though transaction fee are little high with Bitcoin, but we can overcome the problems.
Voluem doesn't mean anything, but the fact has told me about ethereum already beaten the bitcoin on the daily transaction. People are not realizing about ethereum is having a lot of potential to be future payment system rather than bitcoin with its broken blockchain with so many unconfirmed, this just the matter of time until sharding will come and bitcoin will be nothing to ethereum on the scalability.
jlpabilonia

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:20:03 AM

i dont think that ethereum can overtake bitcoin. you know why?? because BTC is the first coin. and the root of all coin.. bitcoin is the reason why all different kinds of coins and token are created. so i think that is impossible. Maybe ethereum growth will rise but as ethereum rise up then the bitcoin will rise up as well.
lekam0213

Activity: 275

We offer our Service

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:22:13 AM

Not for this moment, even though we say low transaction fee but they had low transaction processing might be the cause of ethreum kitties (game ) they produce.  I hope it is okay now because it can affect someone to trust.

***BOUNTY MANAGEMENT***
***COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT***
krm4700

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:28:46 AM

the cryptographic currency with a stronger background of ethereum will move forward with the goal of continually bringing its value closer to the bitcoine

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:51:40 AM

This question was asked many times by our fellow members on forums. I think its merely speculation. Ethereum is nowhere near bitcoin as store of wealth or currency in terms of real life use. Prices aren't important.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:12:28 PM

It is posible that ethereum can beat bitcoin. But i think it will take a long time before this will because bitcoin today is so popular. Bitcoin is growing up again this day.
In dreams definitely it is possible to have this scenario. Ethereum beating bitcoin and grabbing the trophy but reality is far different from our imaginations and desires. Just look at the amount. Bitcoin is 21 million in total and eth is like 95 million or something. Bitcoin is said to be the digital gold and whatsoever happens, no virtual currency can beat the virtual gold. Bitcoin will remain at the top for sure.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 08:32:22 PM

If bitcoin doesn't continue to innovate and evolve to meet new challenges, yes.
Akitot

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:44:27 PM

Let's make some comparison of bitcoin, ethereum and other coins to a bank, bitcoin is the mother bank or the central bank of one country, many banks may be given multi awards, has its thousands of branches, no matter what they do they will never overthrown BTC,  but on the other hand ethereum may acknowledge by many or the number  of ethereum user will be much more higher compared to bitcoin; or neither it will happen to other coins also, but what do you think will happen if ETH will replaced BTC?  Some other coins user/investors/owners  will also find their way to overthrown ETH since they overthrown BTC, it will become war on digital money if it does happen.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: