Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freewallet.org - "missing" tokens for 1.5 months  (Read 1110 times)
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:08:19 PM

magneto, thanks for the heads-up!

I sent my tokens NEM(XEM) from the address Bittrex to the address Freewallet in December 3, 2017. And I have not received them yet. The support service only writes one thing - wait!
Since then, in my multicurrency wallet, the address NEM(XEM) has changed. And my tokens hold on the common wallet Freewallet team.
This can be seen in the blockchain NEM(XEM).
How do you think I'll return my tokens NEM(XEM)Huh

Mike, apologies for the delay! By the looks of it, the message you supplied with your XEM transaction was incorrect, which explains why it wasn't automatically posted to your balance. Our support team should follow up on your case shortly if they haven't done that yet.

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pablogarcor (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:42:29 PM

I sent my tokens NEM(XEM) from the address Bittrex to the address Freewallet in December 3, 2017. And I have not received them yet. The support service only writes one thing - wait!
Since then, in my multicurrency wallet, the address NEM(XEM) has changed. And my tokens hold on the common wallet Freewallet team.

Mike, apologies for the delay! By the looks of it, the message you supplied with your XEM transaction was incorrect, which explains why it wasn't automatically posted to your balance. Our support team should follow up on your case shortly if they haven't done that yet.
What about my case?? Ive sent you my user id, but you havent replied to my message... One more week has gone and they just keep me waiting....
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:08:09 AM

What about my case?? Ive sent you my user id, but you havent replied to my message... One more week has gone and they just keep me waiting....

pablogarcor, our support team is reviewing your case; you should received an email with an update once your support ticket status is changed.

Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
Mike Zhelezkin

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

In Fly

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:03:58 PM

Eventually, after posting here on the forum and correspondence with the support service, my tokens came to my wallet.
Many thanks to all who responded and the operational work of the support service.
I understand that now all systems connected with crypto-currencies are only being tested and tuned and I ask all of us to have patience and tact in difficult situations.
In the end, we are all in the same boat.

Thank you!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
trikuu

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:46:35 PM

are you still waiting a reply?

what a terrible custormer service will they have.

I really hope you will get ans answer soon and that they will solve your issue soon, best wishes!

PD for Freewallet: Move your fucking ass and solve this shit asap!!
munitas

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:29:37 PM

but how is possible?Huh is that difficult for them to give you back what is yours??? shouldnt need more than a minute to fix it.
if they dont do it maybe they already sold your tokens buddy.
Ppot

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:12:58 PM

Ive never thought that my first ICO would be like this.

One month ago I registered myself in the WaBi ICO. I looked for an android wallet and, in a really bad election, I chose freewallet. I put the freewallet ETH address in the WaBi token sale and I sent the ETH. When the tokens were given, the problem began. Freewallet.org, didnt support WaBi, "it isnt their fault" I thought and sent them an email, they answered me telling me to wait, so I waited...

Finally WaBi tokens were added to their App but... my tokens didnt show up... my funds were 0!!! WTF?!?! Then, I sent an email again but I got no answer, I sent them some tweets but no answer as well. Finally I wrote my problem in the Play Store and they quickly answered me, telling me to wait... they didnt even ask me what my problem was!!!

I keep telling my problem in the Play Store and they finally listened to me. They tell me to wait some days... but ONE MORE WEEK has gone since that day and they havent answered or solved my issue.

I really need the money now and It looks as they dont care about their customers... I will be reporting all the news from now on here.

pablogarcor, once the support for WABI tokens is added, all new transactions of such tokens will be automatically posted to our users' wallets and available in our Token Wallet app. However, if your transaction was made BEFORE the support of such tokens is enabled, we will need to manually rout it to your account. It takes time and human resources as well.

If you've already submitted your transaction details to our support team, your case is in progress. Please provide your user id or a ticket number for us to follow up on the status of it. Looking forward to your reply!

How is possible if wabi tokens are  supported freewallet  you don't give these user his tokens? Freewallet admin you must review the pablogar case.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:53:08 AM

Wow, that is terrible. But since they've already promised you that they would look into your case and refund the Wabi tokens that you deposited, it should just be a simple waiting game now. Give it some more time.

If after a couple of weeks, they still haven't progressed a single bit, then make a scam accusation on the forum, or even on reddit, because they've promised to resolve this issue and the least they can do is to update you on the current status of your ticket.

For now, keep waiting and checking your freewallet account daily.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:29:01 AM

but how is possible?Huh is that difficult for them to give you back what is yours??? shouldnt need more than a minute to fix it.
if they dont do it maybe they already sold your tokens buddy.

As hard as it may be for you to believe, there's no magic switch or button that can be clicked to make tokens instantly appear in someone's wallet. Tokens as well as other assets aren't stored on hot addresses, but in the cold storage. And adding support for this or that token takes both time and our programmers' resources.

Freewallet

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:32:32 AM

How is possible if wabi tokens are  supported freewallet  you don't give these user his tokens? Freewallet admin you must review the pablogar case.

Again, if a transaction of tokens was made to a user's address BEFORE the support of such tokens got enabled, they need to be manually posted to that user's account once the support in on. It takes time and human resources, too.

pablogarcor (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:00:25 PM

As hard as it may be for you to believe, there's no magic switch or button that can be clicked to make tokens instantly appear in someone's wallet. Tokens as well as other assets aren't stored on hot addresses, but in the cold storage. And adding support for this or that token takes both time and our programmers' resources.

I know that it takes time and resources to do that and I really apreccieate the effort. At first I waited and just sended you mails, but I think 2 months are a really good quantity of time to, at least, give me a estimated time for the resolution of my problem, thats why I posted my problem over here.

I want to thank everybody, I really apreciate your support. I'll keep you informed, this week there are no news again, Ive sent them an email yesterday but they told me to wait a couple of weeks more...
pablogarcor (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:07:54 PM

Wow, that is terrible. But since they've already promised you that they would look into your case and refund the Wabi tokens that you deposited, it should just be a simple waiting game now. Give it some more time.

If after a couple of weeks, they still haven't progressed a single bit, then make a scam accusation on the forum, or even on reddit, because they've promised to resolve this issue and the least they can do is to update you on the current status of your ticket.

For now, keep waiting and checking your freewallet account daily.
Thank you magneto. Yes, they told me that they are going to solve my problem so I am going to trust them and wait... Theres is nothing else I can do. I will keep sending them emails every week so they dont forget about my case and hope that they can solve my problem as soon as possible.
magneto

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:06:24 AM

Again, if a transaction of tokens was made to a user's address BEFORE the support of such tokens got enabled, they need to be manually posted to that user's account once the support in on. It takes time and human resources, too.

This is true, but I still don't think that 3 weeks is an acceptable amount of time to be waiting for just one case.

In future, perhaps come up with something to increase your efficiency when it comes to these missent tokens cases. It's not rare at all for someone to send tokens to an address that they were not supposed to.

Otherwise you'll have to go through this every single time.

Predetermine the amount of money someone will have to pay as well as the max amount of time someone has to wait, for recovery of tokens. That way, everything is clear and there is a clear procedure.
pablogarcor (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:31:06 PM

This is true, but I still don't think that 3 weeks is an acceptable amount of time to be waiting for just one case.

In future, perhaps come up with something to increase your efficiency when it comes to these missent tokens cases. It's not rare at all for someone to send tokens to an address that they were not supposed to.

Otherwise you'll have to go through this every single time.

Predetermine the amount of money someone will have to pay as well as the max amount of time someone has to wait, for recovery of tokens. That way, everything is clear and there is a clear procedure.
Thank you again magneto for your support. I sent an email yestarday to them and they again told me to wait... I have been waiting for 2 months... I think that I have been more than reasonable.

Ill keep you informed.
pablogarcor (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:09:07 PM

One month ago I wrote this post hoping that somebody in the freewallet team would care but... I was wrong. The Freewallet support is very very dissapointing... I've been writing mails, twits, and more things to them and they just say "keep waiting" meanwhile my 4k wabis belong to them.

I really want my money back, Im not a millionaire and that is a huge ammount. I trust them to keep my tokens safe, and they pay me back keeping my money away from me...

I really hope they solve this before I die...
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:28:57 AM

One month ago I wrote this post hoping that somebody in the freewallet team would care but... I was wrong. The Freewallet support is very very dissapointing... I've been writing mails, twits, and more things to them and they just say "keep waiting" meanwhile my 4k wabis belong to them.

I really want my money back, Im not a millionaire and that is a huge ammount. I trust them to keep my tokens safe, and they pay me back keeping my money away from me...

Lol.

Freewallet has responded. Nothing more you can do. They gave out a promise and they're failing to achieve it at least at this point in time. I understand that there may be some manual handling of the payments going on here instead of the usual automation, but it shouldn't take this long even in the worst case scenario.

Instead of emailing freewallet, perhaps just PM the person on the forum.

They do seem a bit more responsive on forum. Whether or not they'll actually do what they say.

Smiley
Mike Zhelezkin

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

In Fly

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:15:18 PM

Lol.

Freewallet has responded. Nothing more you can do. They gave out a promise and they're failing to achieve it at least at this point in time. I understand that there may be some manual handling of the payments going on here instead of the usual automation, but it shouldn't take this long even in the worst case scenario.

Instead of emailing freewallet, perhaps just PM the person on the forum.

They do seem a bit more responsive on forum. Whether or not they'll actually do what they say.

I waited for my tokens for 2 months. And to tell the truth, there was already despair.

But in the end, the guys from Freewallet transferred the tokens to my wallet. In this case, the transaction pool in the blockchain NEM for this address was very full.

This is ultimately a manual job of transferring funds and it takes time, and Freewallet has fulfilled its obligations. It is very important!

Now the tools for working with the block are only being formed and no one is immune to errors.

Believe and hope - and everything will be done!
Good luck everyone.
pablogarcor (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:19:03 AM

This morning, when I woke up, look to the Freewallet App as I always do every morning for 2 months and... THE WABI TOKENS WERE IN MY WALLET!!!!

I want to thank you everybody for your support. The freewallet customer service was slow, and the communication wasnt the best, but the last emails were answered fast and it seems like they are improving. It has been a long and hard way but Freewallet did their part and give my tokens back.
magneto

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:29:15 AM

This morning, when I woke up, look to the Freewallet App as I always do every morning for 2 months and... THE WABI TOKENS WERE IN MY WALLET!!!!

I want to thank you everybody for your support. The freewallet customer service was slow, and the communication wasnt the best, but the last emails were answered fast and it seems like they are improving. It has been a long and hard way but Freewallet did their part and give my tokens back.

Awesome! Glad to see that everyone was happy at the end and you got your Wabi tokens back. Next time do be more careful when sending any sort of tokens, check if it's the right wallet to send to and if it is going to be compatible with their wallet.

Yes, their service was slow. But hey, you can't ignore the fact that they've actually just refunded you. That's not bad at all.

@Freewallet thanks for your efforts, but next time, perhaps work on a procedure to make this faster. Smiley

@pablo, you may lock the thread now since everything is sorted out now.
stuartgh

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2020, 02:17:20 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2020, 09:47:50 AM by stuartgh

I hope the participants in this discussion from 2018 don't me picking up the thread, as I have a similar problem after making the mistake of sending OCTb, an ERC-20 token, to Freewallet before it was supported, back in August 2019.

I'm still waiting on a solution, after many emails and tweets; so in case anyone else makes the same mistake I've laid out the discussion with Freewallet on my blog

Any suggestions how best to encourage Freewallet to escalate this to a solution in June 2020?  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: