Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:05:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin farming, the next frontier  (Read 4822 times)
mootinator

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:23:43 AM

That would actually be amazing!  At my place, our grocery shops have auto-checkout, it would be amazing to have bitcoins has a payment option Smiley

Yeah and you can stand there for up to 15 minutes waiting for the first confirmation if its a slow block  Wink

I second that! Unless confirmation speeds decrease and arrive in the wallet of the reciever faster I doubt people will accept it as widely..

15 minutes? I've waited as long as 40 minutes for a confirmation... Mind you that was before there was new ASIC hardware constantly being plugged in.

No

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LifeOnBitcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:02:16 AM

This farmer, Clint Felsted, accepts bitcoin for shares in his Community Supported Agriculture operation La Nay Ferme.

http://youtu.be/WBhR05EQt2s
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:50:33 AM

You might find this interesting:

Local Produce Vending Machines in France

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:12:52 PM

Good idea but farmers are usually conservative people. I think they will not jump immediately into the bitcoin business.
ronimacarroni (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:29:24 PM

Good idea but farmers are usually conservative people. I think they will not jump immediately into the bitcoin business.
Conservatives hate the fed, like capitalism and like saving money.
I wouldn't be surprised if they made up a large portion of the bitcoin economy, in the US atleast.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 05:36:00 PM

Seriously, I am hoping someday my Bitcoins will be worth enough to buy a big farm in Brazil and grow organic fruits and veggies on fertile soil and give people a healthy food options to buy with or without Bitcoin.

I am not going to buy fancy cars and houses if Bitcoin becomes $10k, instead I just want to live a natural off-the-grid life with a family, dog, and a nice garden with a natural water source nearby.

Thats pretty much my dream.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:33:19 PM

this is great idea, i often wish i could purchase ingredients like produce and meat (i like to cook) rather than food (ala Gyft).

but i must say, when you look at it, people have been trading bitcoin for "horticultural products" (read: pot) quite extensively via the Tor drug markets.. if one were to look at the capitalization on these markets, i wonder how highly "farm" products would rank in the bitcoin economy?
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:20:34 PM

Now that I've bought land I definitely plan to sell food for bitcoin.  My farm will focus on high-quality, free range pork and chicken.  When the food forest crops come in we'll have many kinds of berries and fruits, and eventually nuts.

I need something that I can ship out to internet customers.  Any ideas?

I envy you...

What mkbit said. I would drop the meat.

Noooo! I never got to sample the candied bacon that Bitpantry sold before they closed shop.

I've already got a source for awesome baklava, now I need some delicious meats too!

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 03:21:47 PM

This farmer, Clint Felsted, accepts bitcoin for shares in his Community Supported Agriculture operation La Nay Ferme.

http://youtu.be/WBhR05EQt2s

If I would have read the name of the author of the above post prior to watching the video, I wouldn't have said to myself at its onset, "That looks like Beccy." Nice video.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: